• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyber Monday 2016 Thread

RedAssedApe

Banned
people are claiming various price matching between retailers on the ps4 pro deals (i never know if i should believe some of the driveby posters on sd and cag)...obviously a huge ymmv since that seems to be against everyone's bf/cyber monday policies...but wouldn't hurt to try if you got the time and patience.

I really want a new 3ds. I have been fighting my wife for the old 3ds xl lately, but I missed out on the Black Friday $100 new 3ds deals.

I am seeing the new 3ds xl at Target for $170 after 15% off, $175 at Toys'R'Us, and $170 on Amazon.

Anyone think there may be better deals tomorrow on the xl? Or any stacking or anything I may be missing? I'd also consider a non xl, but I don't know if that deal will be returning anytime soon.

I just placed an order on Amazon for the 170 XL. It's not going to be stocked until the 1st they say. So if there's a better deal tomorrow I will just cancel today's order and replace it.

BFIB

Just got an iPad air 2, used the red card. Can I take it back up and adjust for the 20% going on today?

After some of the stuff I got on Black Friday, I was iffy on grabbing Skyrim because I figured it'd be on my shelf until summer with my current backlog + future releases, but $20 with GCU is just too good to pass up.

iso135

I just placed an order on Amazon for the 170 XL. It's not going to be stocked until the 1st they say. So if there's a better deal tomorrow I will just cancel today's order and replace it.

Thanks for the tip. May do the same.

Edit: I was able to spam Walmart's app for the black $100 3ds deal. May be worth checking if you wanted or missed the Black Friday deal.

splattered

Ugh. This year the wife and I sold our two launch ps4s and consolidated into one ps4 pro at full price to share (but did get gamestop to go back and give us a free copy of Destiny during that promotion.) and we kept telling ourselves we wouldn't be buying the Xbox One S's to replace our launch Xbox Ones during the holidays.

Then I just see that Amazon is selling the green Xbox One S 1tb Battlefield edition for $254 so I just pulled the trigger on two since I don't have to pay tax in my state.

Will sell launch Xbox Ones now locally to make up as much price difference as possible, what is a fair asking price without the Kinects if I throw in the battlefield early enlisted download cards?

Also, what was the best deal on these green machines during black Friday tax included?

splattered

When I try to add the 3DS XL to my cart it says:

"We're sorry. The item New Nintendo 3DS XL Black is no longer available from the seller you selected."

But it shows available on the product page. Is it just me?

Edit: Tried the red, allowed me to add it to cart but half-way through check out gave me the same message.

yeah except you can't use a target giftcard on that deal because...well reasons apparently

I was reading on Slickdeals that apparently the system recognizes the Xbox Live subscription card as a gift card and since it was setup to not let people buy gift cards with gift cards is blocking the complete order. Thats lame.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
I was reading on Slickdeals that apparently the system recognizes the Xbox Live subscription card as a gift card and since it was setup to not let people buy gift cards with gift cards is blocking the complete order. Thats lame.

Yes that was the terribly stupid reason I got after holding for about 20 minutes - no offer to help out or price match something so it would work.

Cyanity

Banned
Anybody know of any good 144hz monitor deals?

The Dell S2716DG is currently on sale for $500 from $800, which is an absolute steal. I say this as I'm currently using the same monitor.
It's 1440p, 144hz, and has Gsync. The color is amazing after a little tweaking (and I can help you with that if you end up getting this monitor)

Deal here

edit - it *is* a TN panel, but it's the highest quality TN panel I've ever come across and has excellent viewing angles.
Also you will need to use Displayport to get 144hz

I need a good router that reaches the back of my house properly.

Any recommendations/deals I should try out? I dislike having to move my xbone to the front room for online gaming to be smooth.

Get a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 or higher model.

Instead of trying to extend out Wi-Fi a large distance, power line adapters work really well and tend to be a lot more stable.

Power line adapters are VERY hit and miss though, and their bandwidth is very limited and often misleading.

The Dell S2716DG is currently on sale for $500 from $800, which is an absolute steal. I say this as I'm currently using the same monitor.
It's 1440p, 144hz, and has Gsync. The color is amazing after a little tweaking (and I can help you with that if you end up getting this monitor)

Deal here

edit - it *is* a TN panel, but it's the highest quality TN panel I've ever come across and has excellent viewing angles.
Damn, that shit is nice. I'm hoping to get something smaller than 27" though. Probably a 1080 144hz.

Cyanity

Banned
Damn, that shit is nice. I'm hoping to get something smaller than 27" though. Probably a 1080 144hz.

It doesn't feel *that* big

hSSes0a.jpg

It doesn't feel *that* big
Those are some sweet colors you have going on there. My problem is I own a 27" 1440p now (60 hz) and I like it all right, but I just got a brand new L-desk that I am absolutely in love with. And my monitor is about 1.5 inches too large to fit in it. It bugs me enough that I'd rather sell this and swap down to a smaller, higher refresh rate monitor.

Cyanity

Banned
Those are some sweet colors you have going on there. My problem is I own a 27" 1440p now (60 hz) and I like it all right, but I just got a brand new L-desk that I am absolutely in love with. And my monitor is about 1.5 inches too large to fit in it. It bugs me enough that I'd rather sell this and swap down to a smaller, higher refresh rate monitor.

Priorities are a good thing! You should be able to find some killer 144hz 1080p monitor deals though. Good luck!

mjc

I ordered up that Dell gsync monitor a few days ago, but the 24" version. Looking forward to getting it in a few days.

That $25 off Best Buy Visa Checkout deal is great.
Bought ESO Gold Edition, a 2TB external hd and an alarm clock, which I happen to need right now. lol
$93 after discounts.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Deal here

Just picked up the 24" version from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Do things get wonky if I'm not hitting a consistent 144hz? I barely know how gsync works, lol. I'm using a 1070 so it should be alright.

Looking to pull the trigger on an Xbox One S but don't want anything to do with battlefield. Will it be hard to unload that code for a decent price?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
That's actually not true if you make on time payments on the card.

Not what they meant. Simply applying for a card means the issuing bank will do a hard check on your credit, which will usually ding your credit score. Not to mention opening up a new credit card that is considerably newer than any pre-existing accounts, will lower the average age of accounts, further dinging your credit score.

Cyanity

Banned
Just picked up the 24" version from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Do things get wonky if I'm not hitting a consistent 144hz? I barely know how gsync works, lol. I'm using a 1070 so it should be alright.

Gsync seems to work as long as I'm over 40fps afaik. It's great.

edit - also using a 1070 here. You'll love it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gsync seems to work as long as I'm over 40fps afaik. It's great.

edit - also using a 1070 here. You'll love it.

Awesome, can't wait for this thing to come in. Big step up from my old 22" 1080p Vizio I've been using for the last few years.

Laws00

Why the heck are PS3 systems still not 100 bucks used or new?

I don't understand It. I just want one damn it

DataGhost

Average length of account, and hard credit inquires impact your score as well as ontime payments, and other factors. So yes, opening a new card could hurt your score.

Not that person, but I only have one credit card at the moment. If opening a card has hard impacts, when is it a good time to open another one like if I want the deals that come with it / cash back features?

v1lla21

anyone know if the 5 dollar gift cards for movies @ bestbuy is per movie or on the whole order? thinking of getting that final fantasy movie and the angry birds movie.

As a kid nothing made me more jealous than seeing other students with the glorious 64 crayon pack. I always had to settle for some off brand crayon shit.
s0969303_sc7

For CM I'm looking to get a external hd for my Xbone S.

The crayon sharpener in the back did exactly fuck all. Still, having this in the elementary school days meant you were a king.

Don't get me started on lunchables. You god now.

Ended up pre ordering a huge amount of games on best buy, I might cancel some later on but split up everything into 2 games per order, totals out to $97.xx per two and then $24 discounted making each game $38.92. Some of them may get $10 pre order bonus down the road so that would be even sweeter. I'll probably end up cancelling a few of these as they get closer to launch, but for now this is great.

Watch Dogs 2 + Ezio Collection (PS4)
Last Guardian + Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 + 1.5 HD
Resident Evil 7 + Tales of Berseria
Horizon Zero Dawn + South Park
Ghost Recon WildLands + Mass Effect 4
Persona 5 + Red Dead Redemption 2
Kingdom Hearts 3 + Final Fantasy VIII
God of War + Spiderman
Scalebound + Sea of Thieves
Detroit Become Human + Gravity Rush 2
Days Gone + Prey
Crackdown 3 + Death Stranding

They do run an auth on your credit card and an hour later I got a few failure messages and had to re-auth (using best buy visa) seems ok now though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
As a kid nothing made me more jealous than seeing other students with the glorious 64 crayon pack. I always had to settle for some off brand crayon shit.
s0969303_sc7

For CM I'm looking to get a external hd for my Xbone S.

I gave my parents shit about always having the ghetto 8 crayon pack... so they got me the 64 pack for Christmas a few years back. Feels good, man.

Top Bottom