• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) : official website, screens, details

L~A

Edit; some screenshots!

After that teaser-like thing a few months ago, here comes the actual website for Dai Gyakuten Saiban! They announce a new trailer will be revealed on TGS Day 1, that is September 18.

img01.png

BxNufM4CQAAfcwu.jpg:large

Some artworks:

Character profiles:

Ryuunosuke Naruhodou: The protagonist of the game. A student at one of Japan's imperial universities in the capitol, a certain case pushed him to become an attorney. In order to learn the ways of the new justice system, he takes his burning sense of justice in hand and transfers to England.

Susato Mikotoba: A young woman who works as a legal assistant supporting Ryuunosuke due to 'certain circumstances'. A progressive, foreign-mystery loving Yamato Nadeshiko.

Sherlock Holmes: The world's most famous detective. Though his skills of observation and deduction are incredible, he occasionally goes too far into the realm of speculation - a veritable "Reasoning Rampage". The meeting between this great detective and that rookie attorney will bring a grand turnabout down on England's courts.

Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'...

Some screenshots:

Stage show

09.20(Sat.) 12:15~13:00

09.21(Sun.) 13:50~14:35

Live

09.20(Sat.) 12:15~13:00 (5:15AM CET, 4.15AM UK, 10PM EST, 7PM PST)

Some sort of survey (in Japanese)

For those who missed the news yesterday (thanks, GSR!)

Full scans are out. Some more info:

• Ryuunosuke begins the game in Japan, where as a college student he’s involved in a certain case that puts him on the path to becoming a formal attorney. To better study law, he transfers to England along with Mikotoba, where he meets Holmes.
  • Most of the story will take place in London, with Japan serving as the setting for Ryuunosuke’s first case.
  • Court and investigation proceed in mostly the same way, but during investigations Ryuunosuke and Holmes will use “joint reasoning” - a system where, as Ryuunosuke, you must point out any inconsistencies in Holmes’ rapid-fire reasoning. (The example shown is Holmes accusing a witness of being a certain revolutionary.)
  • Part of the reason they settled on 3D was to allow for a very dynamic camera to match Holmes’ high-speed thinking. Takumi jokes that Holmes really set the stage for the game!
  • Takumi has a deep love of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so he’s trying to respect the character. Holmes is described as falling somewhere between the “storybook Holmes” and a “real Holmes” - a man who focuses maybe too much on his investigations, but isn’t a bad person at heart.
  • Ryuunosuke and Holmes’ meeting is a key point of the game.

Official site should update later today.

Thanks GSR for the translations!

Huh, the game looks a lot closer to Layton Vs. AA than Ace Attorney 5 visually. Not sure how to feel about that.

Edit: Though it could just be the somewhat muted colors in the images shown giving me that impression.

L~A

Unless I'm mistaken, website says the first actual trailer will be revealed on Sept. 18 (first day of TGS).

Phocks

Just seeing ancestor Wright with his Katana (Japanese sword for you baka gajin) and not-Maya Fey standing next to Sherlock 'Otome Game' Holmes and Watson-chan both wearing goggles because they're so fucking British looks ridiculous. I can't wait to play this game.

GSR

You're not wrong on that front (re: trailer on the 18th).

Also, what the hell Capcom. Who sets a website public at 10:07 AM? I look away from my phone for one minute and bam.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm 100% sure this will be localized, especially since a lot takes place in London- Capcom's localization team does love writing for British characters haha. I just wish more teams would hurry up so Western customers could enjoy Japanese titles faster.

I am super excited, having Sherlock Holmes and Watson (a little girl!) around will be also very neat.

L~A

Stage show

09.21(Sun.) 13:50~14:35

Live

That's JST by the way.

XaosWolf

Do we know for certain that that is Watson?

Just seeing ancestor Wright with his Katana (Japanese sword for you baka gajin) and not-Maya Fey standing next to Sherlock 'Otome Game' Holmes and Watson-chan both wearing goggles because they're so fucking British looks ridiculous. I can't wait to play this game.

Watson-chan is the perfect name. Thank you for that. =D

I'm 100% sure this will be localized, especially since a lot takes place in London- Capcom's localization team does love writing for British characters haha. I just wish more teams would hurry up so Western customers could enjoy Japanese titles faster.

I am super excited, having Sherlock Holmes and Watson (a little girl!) around will be also very neat.

Watch it be announced for localisation, but only for North America.

Vibranium

Banned
Watson-chan is the perfect name. Thank you for that. =D

Watch it be announced for localisation, but only for North America.

Well I'm in NA, but I really feel bad for European customers who get screwed over. Localization in this industry is ridiculous, I wish it was easier and faster.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I dig the latest details, looking forward to this even more than before. Plus, I'm a total convert as far as the 3D models and the way they're animated go, the AA5 ones are sweet.

spiritfox

The second courtroom looks like something from PLvsAA. Also there's 6 chairs under the judges bench. A jury system maybe?

Isotope

Those character designs are really nice, especially Holmes'.

Hoping for that localization Capcom! The fact most of it takes place in London gives me hope.

Totakeke

The second courtroom looks like something from PLvsAA. Also there's 6 chairs under the judges bench. A jury system maybe?

Ooh that would be cool. Contrasting the Japanese and British justice system too obviously. We know that idea died somewhere after AA4.

GSR

Character profiles:

Ryuunosuke Naruhodou: The protagonist of the game. A student at one of Japan's imperial universities in the capitol, a certain case pushed him to become an attorney. In order to learn the ways of the new justice system, he takes his burning sense of justice in hand and transfers to England.

Susato Mikotoba: A young woman who works as a legal assistant supporting Ryuunosuke due to 'certain circumstances'. A progressive, foreign-mystery loving Yamato Nadeshiko.

Sherlock Holmes: The world's most famous detective. Though his skills of observation and deduction are incredible, he occasionally goes too far into the realm of speculation - a veritable "Reasoning Rampage". The meeting between this great detective and that rookie attorney will bring a grand turnabout down on England's courts.

Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'...

XaosWolf

Well I'm in NA, but I really feel bad for European customers who get screwed over. Localization in this industry is ridiculous, I wish it was easier and faster.

Nah, it's only Professor Layton's London Life that didn't make it over here.
That was Level-5 though, so Europe should be safe.

We even got PLvsAA super early. Presumably as an apology. =P

Thanks, GSR. That answers that. Was kind of hoping she'd be an 8 year old veteran War Doctor, though.

Nibel

The Ace Attorney team are kings when it comes to create appealing and unique character design. Hopefully this will be localized despite its more Japanese style.

L~A

Character profiles:

Thanks, added to OP!

The more I read about this game, the more I'm loving it.

LiK

Apollo Justice, Investigations and non-mainline PWvPL all made it

In general AA fans are pretty tuned in, Capcom has been pushing the series onto itunes.

Capcom doesn't care anymore if PW isn't in them. No iOS port for AP and no AAI2. Our only hope is Sherlock Holmes!

ZeroX03

Banned
This game just sounds better and better. London and Sherlock are probably help chances of localization, being recognizable/marketable figures.

AA5 had better graphics but PLvAA had stronger art direction and design so either way I'll be happy with graphics. Hopefully group cross examinations return, those were epic.

Potential jurist system? Oh my!

Mr. RHC

Looks amazing, but I'm still not loving the 3D look, didn't like it in Dual Destinies either.

2D is where it's at.

injurai

Banned
Capcom doesn't care anymore if PW isn't in them. No iOS port for AP and no AAI2. Our only hope is Sherlock Holmes!

This is going to be a new mainline trilogy, The only reason PWvPL made it was because of fan demand. Out of respect for Shu alone the company would have his games localised. Japan doubling down on domestic only production is going the wayside and the turn to minimal skus published on mobiles and internationally is becoming the trend. I see now reason for this not making it to the west and furthermore on mobile devices.

LiK

This is going to be a new mainline trilogy, The only reason PWvPL made it was because of fan demand. Out of respect for Shu alone the company would have his games localised. Japan doubling down on domestic only production is going the wayside and the turn to minimal skus published on mobiles and internationally is becoming the trend. I see now reason for this not making it to the west and furthermore on mobile devices.

hopefully it doesn't take too long to come over here. you better be right, injurai! don't give me false hope!

LarryButz-cries.gif

DizzyCrow

Character profiles:

They will keep outprodigizing(?) the characters? The next game will have a judge who still is a toddler.

Shun

The fact that this is mostly set in London means chances of localization for fans is higher.

Wouldn't be a problem for me if it weren't for region lock...

Top Bottom