• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban: new character revealed (Rival/Prosecutor?) [up: Famitsu details]

L~A

Ok, updated the OP with all the additional details (thanks, whoever is manning the CR Twitter account, ha ha).

Etria

:O
I can't believe this one is coming so soon! Please get localised quickly :D
How is Capcom with their European localisations compared to the US?

The new prosecutor's design is so awesome *_*

OT: Do juries in the UK comprise with only 6 people? Do they have to pass unanimous votes in criminal cases for the guilty to be sentenced?

Koppai

From Court Records Tumblr Blog
"Amazing! Capcom has announced that after much consideration, they’re bringing a new spin to the world of Ace Attorney with Dog Gyakuten Saiban: The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Inuhodo! Following Ryuunosuke Inuhodo, Kazuwan Asougi, Susato Mikotowan, Iris Wanson, and Sherlock Holmes*, the game promises a new, lively take on the series. Check out the first trailer here, or take a gander at the official site!

*Translator’s note: “inu” means dog. ”Wan” means bark. ”Sherlock Holmes” means “Sherlock Holmes."

http://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/115130594223/amazing-capcom-has-announced-that-after-much

Is this a new game, I'm confused...

K-A-Deman

Huh, Isabelle craze is more widespread than I thought...

From Court Records Tumblr Blog
"Amazing! Capcom has announced that after much consideration, they’re bringing a new spin to the world of Ace Attorney with Dog Gyakuten Saiban: The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Inuhodo! Following Ryuunosuke Inuhodo, Kazuwan Asougi, Susato Mikotowan, Iris Wanson, and Sherlock Holmes*, the game promises a new, lively take on the series. Check out the first trailer here, or take a gander at the official site!

*Translator’s note: “inu” means dog. ”Wan” means bark. ”Sherlock Holmes” means “Sherlock Holmes."

http://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/115130594223/amazing-capcom-has-announced-that-after-much

I really appreciate the translator notes here; Sherlock Holmes is always that bit I mess up in my attempts to translate.

I'm now going to set all my news feeds to 'spam' for the next 24 hours...

L~A

Yeah, the artwork mentionned above isn't the boxart.... just the regular key artwork used for illustration (but with a rather unfortunate placement, ha ha).

L~A

Edit3: Famitsu info dump! Courtesy of Court Records Twitter!

Baroque is described as a legendary English prosecutor said to never let a defendant escape. He's returning to court after 5 years.

The jurors in the game are identified only by numbers (No. 1, No. 2)... and come from a variety of backgrounds, as you might expect.

Ryuunosuke will take place in "closing arguments", in which he must find contradictions in the juror's opinions to sway their minds.

This is done in part by presenting one juror's assertion to another's, like the testimony-presenting mechanic in PLvsPW.

During trials in England, Ryuunosuke will cross-examine many witnesses at once; like PLvsPW, you can yell "HANG ON!" if one is acting up.

Unlike past games, characters can move around the courtroom - for instance, Ryuunosuke takes to the stand for closing arguments.

Case one is called "The Adventure of the Grand Travelers." The prosecutor is Taketsuchi Auchi, Payne's ancestor.

Case one's waiter witness is named Satoru Hosonaga. A mysterious, elaborately-dressed woman is also shown without a name.

The game's limited edition will include a 48-page artbook and 10-track CD.

As DLC, a special episode focused on Ryuunosuke and Asougi will be available 7/9 to 7/19 for free.

The episode is called "Randst Magazine Special Edition", and though it's called out as a 'game', it's not clear if it'll be a full case.

Randst Magazine comes from Strand Magazine, where the original Holmes stories were published.

The new game flow is:
Witness testimony / questioning
Convincing the jury members

If all jury members decide on guilty, then it's over, but as long as a majority votes not guilty after the closing argument, you win.

Takumi had considered a multiple ending game at first, but in the end, settled on this.

It took about a year to come up with the name of the prosecutor. At first it was "Prosecutor Rivaal", but that was a bit too...

There is a proper name origin for the name, but Takumi finds it embarrassing to talk about.

Penalties use the five-strike system from AA1 and PLvsPW, by the way.

Just looking over for a few last details now. Case one's victim is an "English gentleman".

Case one's murder was in the restaurant La Quantos (La Kuwantosu -> La Gonna Eat), where Ryuuonsuke and Asougi were dining together.

Since there are more than 6 million people in London, all the jurors are different for each case. The art team wasn't happy about that.

Comparing Baroque's name to Edgeworth's: "with Edgeworth, it only took me a couple of minutes to think up."

GSR

Speaking of the prosecutor: C-R member Ash, from the Netherlands, proposed "Barock Van Siegs" as a transliteration. That seems a good fit.

L~A

I still think "Baroque" (I mean, the word DOES exist in English... right?) is better, though I agree with "Van Siegs".

Then again, I wouldn't past it Takumi to make a joke on BaRock.

Anyway, Capcom USA will most likely pick up a totally different name if the game ever gets localised, ha ha.

All of this looks AMAZING. I can't wait to get off work and dive into all this.

Localization announcement now please Capcom.

Etria

If all jury members decide on guilty, then it's over, but as long as a majority votes not guilty after the closing argument, you win.

That answers one of my questions!

So much awesome information to wake up to :D

Top Bottom