• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) : official website, screens, details

GSR

I have to say, between the pseudo-cover art they released:

lhptW2J.jpg

And the fact Iris is conspicuously absent from screenshots as well as being touted as such a prodigy, it's kind of looking like she might be the prosecutor. They could play it as that being her way to challenge Holmes to a battle of wits or something.

grim-tales

Holmes and Watson wearing goggles looks so steampunkish.
Watson-chan looks like a pink haired Penny from Inspector Gadget, or something. Watson as an 8 year old girl just sounds so weird, even for AA.
I wonder if Holmes could initially be a 'rival'? Maybe they could call it Ace Attorney v Sherlock Holmes.

Taruranto

Takumi has a deep love of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so he’s trying to respect the character. Holmes is described as falling somewhere between the “storybook Holmes” and a “real Holmes” - a man who focuses maybe too much on his investigations, but isn’t a bad person at heart.

Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'...

I see.

Sherlock Holmes

foh are they serious??

But that kinda raises the chances of it being localized, doesn't it.

EDIT:

Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'...

oh fucking christ

daydream

Banned
I agree, the models look more akin to the "blockiness" of PW vs. AA.

Also, dat sword. Lying witnesses get sliced!
M rating confirmed!

grim-tales

Maybe they'll make Watson-chan John Watson's daughter or something? Or she'll play a role similar to Luke in the Layton games (OK, perhaps not....)

Keasar

Alright, I went along with it on the girl who became a prosecutor at the age of 13, but for the love the Emperor there is a damn limit!

VegiHam

Hmm, so Holmes has a young female companion named Iris.
Ace Attorney already has an Iris

Who else wants to bet, when this gets localised, she's Irene Watson? Cus that'd be awesome.

Hmm, so Holmes has a young female companion named Iris.
Ace Attorney already has an Iris

Who else wants to bet, when this gets localised, she's Irene Watson? Cus that'd be awesome.

1st case we're going to investigate her parent's murder, a close friends of Sherlock Holmes.

L~A

I have to say, between the pseudo-cover art they released:

lhptW2J.jpg

And the fact Iris is conspicuously absent from screenshots as well as being touted as such a prodigy, it's kind of looking like she might be the prosecutor. They could play it as that being her way to challenge Holmes to a battle of wits or something.

That makes a lot of sense. And it's gonna fuel even more the jokes about prosecutors becoming younger and younger with each game :p

A British person who simultaneously is a Doctor of Medicine, an accomplished pop author and a prosecutor might be a tad bit too prodigious, even without the whole eight-year old thing.

Top Bottom