• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban: new character revealed (Rival/Prosecutor?) [up: Famitsu details]

L~A

Edit3: Famitsu info dump! Courtesy of Court Records Twitter/ GSR!

Key points of the articles (thanks in part to C-R's Ash):

• Barock we still don’t have a full transliteration is described as a legendary English prosecutor said to never let a defendant escape. He’s returning to court after 5 years. Known as “The Death God of the Old Bailey”.
  • It took about a year to come up with the name of the prosecutor. At first it was “Prosecutor Rivaal”, but that was a bit… yeah. There is a proper name origin for the name, but Takumi finds it embarrassing to talk about. He has a different font for “objection” to convey the “English”-ness of him.
  • Jury Battle: Each of the jury members have their own ideas about the case and you can get the not guilty verdict by finding the contradictions in, and between their ideas (think PLvsPW’s testimony-vs-testimony mechanic). Ryuunosuke can walk around during the trial as he’s thinking. The last argument is where you have your last chance to convince the jury of your client’s innocence.
  • If all jury members decide on guilty, then it’s over, but as long as a majority votes not guilty after the closing argument, you win. Takumi had considered a multiple-ending game at first, but in the end, settled on this.
  • During trials, you can question multiple witnesses at once and yell “HANG ON!” if one is acting up, much like PLvsPW.
  • Special attention has been paid to camerawork, a sense of space and eye movements of the characters.
  • Case one is called “The Adventure of the Grand Travelers.” The prosecutor is Taketsuchi Auchi, Payne’s ancestor.
  • Case one’s waiter witness is named Satoru Hosonaga. A mysterious, elaborately-dressed woman is also shown without a name.
  • As DLC, a special episode focused on Ryuunosuke and Asougi will be available 7/9 to 7/19 for free. The episode is called “Randst Magazine Special Edition”, and though it’s called out as a ‘game’, it’s not clear if it’ll be a full case. Randst Magazine comes from Strand Magazine, where the original Holmes stories were published.
  • The game’s limited edition will include a 48-page artbook and 10-track CD.

Edit2:

Additional details are out.

Boxart is revealed. Price with taxes are: 6244 Yen and 7884 Yen.

Jury of 6 people (only during trials in the UK from the looks of it). They mention the simultaneous witness questioning system.

Includes interview of Kojima (Producer) and Takumi (Director). They also give the name of the prosecutor (バロック・バンジークス), and some witnesses.

Payne's ancestor appears to be named "Takeshi Auchi" (阿内武土) - though it's using 土 rather than the usual 士, so it might not be "Takeshi".

In any event, his first name name is visually extremely close to one word for "Samurai".

The article also introduces a witness in case 1, a waiter named Hosonaga Satoshi. He was previously unnamed in screens and trailers at TGS.

Source, with help from Court Records Twitter :)

Edit:

Coming out on July 9.

- Normal version 5800 yen (without taxes)
- Limited Edition 7300 yen (without taxes)

Maybe a mod can edit the title?

Source

This comes from the Famitsu preview:

l_5518f1f82d337ckkxh.jpg

Unfortunately, can't read his name... it's hidden. It's a rival, from the looks of it (if the text above the hidden name is anything to go by)

Edit: oops, forgot the link.

GSR

Christ almightly, L~A. In the time it took me to post to C-R, you had GAF locked up. =P

2ch's buzzing - it remains to be seen if there'll actually be leaks tonight.

L~A

*facepalm*

Thought I was copy/pasting the abload link : /

Anyway, fixed. Oh, and Famitsu confirm it's the rival prosecutor, from Britain.

GSR

The flavor text (roughly) describes him as a Grim Reaper of the courtroom. (Shinigami, for those keeping track at home.)

Golnei

He looks far too old to be a prosecutor. Maybe this is his design from the epilogue, while the main game takes place 25 - 30 years earlier?

L~A

He looks far too old to be a prosecutor. Maybe this is his design from the epilogue, while the main game takes place 25 - 30 years earlier?

Heh? Just because they've been getting younger and younger with each game doesn't mean prosecutors can't be bit "old" ;)

FluxWaveZ

Hey now, you can't be saying this when there was Manfred von Karma in the first game.

I hope this prosecutor is as threatening as original Edgeworth and Manfred were. He sure looks like he could be.

Golnei

Heh? Just because they've been getting younger and younger with each game doesn't mean prosecutors can't be bit "old" ;)

I was fully expecting an infant, and they gave us someone who in all likelihood is older than 20. My immersion is completely broken.

Fisico

At first look I had the exact same thoughts as everyone it seems, first I thought of Castlevania, then I thought of Edgeworth and in the end I thought it was Edgewort cosplaying as a vampire.

I'm fine with it though, waiting for a bigger res scan to be able to read his name.

L~A

I was fully expecting an infant, and they gave us someone who in all likelihood is older than 20. My immersion is completely broken.

Maybe they could get Uchikoshi to work on Ace Attorney 6, and have the prosecutor being a man who travelled through time and isn't actually born when the game takes place :p

Anyway, really liking the chara-design in this game. Fantastic stuff.

GSR

They're also specifically calling the English trials "jury battles", which... isn't really something we didn't already know from TGS, but given the special term I wonder if the juries will actually effect the court gameplay rather than just be for show.

L~A

Coming out on July 9.

Source

GSR

Coming out on July 9.

Source

Oh my god what the hell. I get up to go to the bathroom and you pull out a release date. Teach me your news-summoning ways.

MrBadger

It'd be fitting if Edgeworth had british ancestry considering how british his mannerisms are. I'm also glad this game seems to be keeping wacky character designs on a leash and the designs are more reminiscent to AA1 than DD.

L~A

Wait what?? Is this true?? OMG YES!! :D

Yes, it's true ;)

So basically 2 years between GS5 and DGS... makes me wonder about Eshiro's game. It was pretty clear it wasn't going to come out before 2016, but I hope it won't be too late or it'll be bad for localisation.

Hope there's a speedy localisation for DGS, too... though I doubt we'll get it in October like GS5.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yes, it's true ;)

So basically 2 years between GS5 and DGS... makes me wonder about Eshiro's game. It was pretty clear it wasn't going to come out before 2016, but I hope it won't be too late or it'll be bad for localisation.

Hope there's a speedy localisation for DGS, too... though I doubt we'll get it in October like GS5.

What if it comes soon at the right time, instead? When the interest is high for the new thing? Maybe, they learned that trick from Layton too! :p

ZeroX03

Banned
Love it. I don't need him to be Edgey's great grandfather but I'd adore some subtle hints of ancestry.

It'd be fitting if Edgeworth had british ancestry considering how british his mannerisms are. I'm also glad this game seems to be keeping wacky character designs on a leash and the designs are more reminiscent to AA1 than DD.

Agreed.

MrBadger

Famitsu mentions courtroom battles in the British Empire, could that mean that they visit other places in addition to London?

In fiction, London is the only place in the UK. Next you'll be asking for a game set in France without the Eiffel Tower appearing in the background of every scene

saunderez

It certainly looks like Edgeworth. Game wouldn't be the same without a Von Karma though so hopefully there's a Franziska ancestor too.

Top Bottom