• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban: new character revealed (Rival/Prosecutor?) [up: Famitsu details]

Thoraxes

Oh man, I think I may import this alongside a normal-sized New 3DS.

I'll double-dip if it ever gets a western release.

JimPanzer

Oh man, I think I may import this alongside a normal-sized New 3DS.

I'll double-dip if it ever gets a western release.

yup probably gonna end up doing the same. Anyone with experience of playing AA in japanese? I think I got a good idea of the grammar, but only know around 500 kanji so far.

Zerojul

Thanks for the wonderful news. I will preorder the Japanese version at the speed of light. Can't wait to get my Gyakuten fix, it's been too long.

And I like this design of the new raibalu.

at this point, an old-looking Prosecutor is actually a new and fresh change of pace. i approve.
Agreed.

L~A

^

If they don't announce a localisation by E3, 0 chance.

I believe I said something about that in a previous thread, but I don't believe it really matters whether it's Edgey's ancestor or not. The only direct link with existing AA series seems more a fanbait rather than something major in the plot.

mrmickfran

That's around the same time that AA5 released in Japan.

Hopefully we'll be able to get it within a few months like AA5.

Physically, of course.

Haunted

He looks far too old to be a prosecutor. Maybe this is his design from the epilogue, while the main game takes place 25 - 30 years earlier?
54aFOeV.png

Corgi

Banned
wonder if we will get this one. wasn't sven the big component for AA5 localization?

any other big wigs at capcom USA ready to fight for AA games?

wonder if we will get this one. wasn't sven the big component for AA5 localization?

I don't think we need to fight for AA games anymore, they have reduced it to a digital only series.

We got AA Trilogy too.

L~A

He managed to convince his superior that the game would do great, with a rather ambitious sales target iirc.

Officially, the game sold according to predictions both in Japan and Worldwide, so I don't think sales would be a problem here.

Sagely

Gorgeous! It reminds me a little of Young Edgeworth's costume (slightly military in style). I do hope he's not too young, it would make a nice change.

Golnei

Gorgeous! It reminds me a little of Young Edgeworth's costume (slightly military in style). I do hope he's not too young, it would make a nice change.

The similarity is actually what makes me think that if he's an ancestor of one of the current AA characters, it'd be Von Karma, not Edgeworth. Going by the consistency between the designs for Maya and Phoenix's counterparts and their present-day descendants, I'd imagine Edgeworth's ancestor would dress in a manner closer to Gregory - also, having an American (in the Japanese version) family have genealogical roots in Britain seems to be a more obvious choice than having Edgeworth's ancestors migrate to Japan from Britain. I'd imagine it'd be easy to say the von Karma family was initially Austrian in the localisation, or not mention it at all.

And I'm glad they've gone with a reasonable age for him as well - between Barnham, Blackquill and this prosecutor, they're slowly resolving the overabundance of prodigies that's been plaguing the series. Ignoring Watson, of course.

Looks pretty Edgey, still like it though.

xz6FkUF.jpg

I'm sorry.

Sagely

The similarity is actually what makes me think that if he's an ancestor of one of the current AA characters, it'd be Von Karma, not Edgeworth. Going by the consistency between the designs for Maya and Phoenix's counterparts and their present-day descendants, I'd imagine Edgeworth's ancestor would dress in a manner closer to Gregory - also, having an American (in the Japanese version) family have genealogical roots in Britain seems to be a more obvious choice than having Edgeworth's ancestors migrate to Japan from Britain. I'd imagine it'd be easy to say the von Karma family was initially Austrian in the localisation, or not mention it at all.

Excellent point. I see similarities with Franziska's costume too, now that you mention the von Karma connection. It would make sense that Edgeworth styled himself after the von Karmas after spending time with them, thus his ancestor would not necessarily have styled himself the same way.

Edgeworths ancestor could also be a pupil of Von Karma's ancestor,

True! How far back does their history go?? D:

Excellent point. I see similarities with Franziska's costume too, now that you mention the von Karma connection. It would make sense that Edgeworth styled himself after the von Karmas after spending time with them, thus his ancestor would not necessarily have styled himself the same way.

Edgeworths ancestor could also be a pupil of Von Karma's ancestor,

L~A

Additional details are out.

Boxart is revealed. Price with taxes are: 6244 Yen and 7884 Yen.

Jury of 6 people (only during trials in the UK from the looks of it). They mention the simultaneous witness questioning system.

Includes interview of Kojima (Producer) and Takumi (Director). They also give the name of the prosecutor (バロック・バンジークス), and some witnesses.

Payne's ancestor appears to be named "Takeshi Auchi" (阿内武土) - though it's using 土 rather than the usual 士, so it might not be "Takeshi".

In any event, his first name name is visually extremely close to one word for "Samurai".

The article also introduces a witness in case 1, a waiter named Hosonaga Satoshi. He was previously unnamed in screens and trailers at TGS.

Source, with help from Court Records Twitter :)

FluxWaveZ

They mention the simultaneous witness questionin system.

Yeah. I don't recall if this was actually known before, but it does seem that the PLvsPW mechanic is making a comeback here. That's good, because that's one thing the game had going for it during its courtroom scenes, and seeing it integrated in a proper Ace Attorney game could be awesome.

Additional details are out.

Boxart is revealed. Price with taxes are: 6244 Yen and 7884 Yen.

Jury of 6 people (only during trials in the UK from the looks of it). They mention the simultaneous witness questionin system.

Source

So we could have multiple types of trials depending on the country. That would be interesting, although it's probably just set in the UK and Japan.

Finally, something about a Baroque Bungee Box... not sure what's that about, though, ha ha.

Going by the context, I would assume that it's the prosecutor's nickname or title, and Google translate messed it up.

L~A

^

Ah nvm, it's me who derped.

It's バロック・バンジークス, so Baroque Bungeex? (Bunjix?)

So we could have multiple types of trials depending on the country. That would be interesting, although it's probably just set in the UK and Japan.

Not sure, but the source does mention UK courts specifically.

Then again, we don't know exactly how many trials there is, and where they take place, so...

Yeah. I don't recall if this was actually known before, but it does seem that the PLvsPW mechanic is making a comeback here. That's good, because that's one thing the game had going for it during its courtroom scenes, and seeing it integrated in a proper Ace Attorney game could be awesome.

Wasn't this revealed with the last update? I clearly remember making a thread about it...

MrBadger

It'd be awkward if there was a case set in America.

Every trial having a "gimmick" could be interesting, but it could also be annoying. I liked the multiple witness stuff from VS Layton so I'm fine with them staying. If we only have cases in the UK I'm also fine with that.

L~A

From CR twitter:

Payne's ancestor appears to be named "Takeshi Auchi" (阿内武土) - though it's using 土 rather than the usual 士, so it might not be "Takeshi".

In any event, his first name name is visually extremely close to one word for "Samurai".

The article also introduces a witness in case 1, a waiter named Hosonaga Satoshi. He was previously unnamed in screens and trailers at TGS.

From Court Records Tumblr Blog
"Amazing! Capcom has announced that after much consideration, they’re bringing a new spin to the world of Ace Attorney with Dog Gyakuten Saiban: The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Inuhodo! Following Ryuunosuke Inuhodo, Kazuwan Asougi, Susato Mikotowan, Iris Wanson, and Sherlock Holmes*, the game promises a new, lively take on the series. Check out the first trailer here, or take a gander at the official site!

*Translator’s note: “inu” means dog. ”Wan” means bark. ”Sherlock Holmes” means “Sherlock Holmes."

http://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/115130594223/amazing-capcom-has-announced-that-after-much

Top Bottom