• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Hsu leaves 1up

FrankT

For better or for worse, you'll hear from me again in the near future. I love the videogame business too much to stay away

I wonder where you will go my friend. My money is on Bungie or MS. Best of luck where you end up.

shifty100

Banned
This is good news ....... Mr ' If it ain't Halo 3 then it ain't worth shit ' Hsu is leaving 1up.

Maybe less bias towards MS from here on in.

gtfo.gif

probune

Dante said:
I'm not, and he left on his own accord. The mag needs a new direction, and hopefully these changes will inject some much needed energy into the mag. it's gone to shit IMO.

Do we really have to get into this? There's an "EGM has gone to shit" topic every few weeks.

skip

we're going to make a new section on the site indexing our leavings/bad news, and then try to sell ads on it to be ironic.

MrDaravon

Tron 2.0 said:
I never really cared for Shoe's writing or editorial direction. Nothing against the guy personally, maybe it was like being the captain of a sinking ship, but the direction the magazine has taken under his tenure was not to my liking.

That being said, I wish him well in his further adventures.

Pretty much was going to be my post. I don't hate the guy or anything, and wish him the best, I just didn't care for some of his writing and decisions. Seems like he's pretty burnt out, that's pretty understandable.

shifty100 said:
This is good news ....... Mr ' If it ain't Halo 3 then it ain't worth shit ' Hsu is leaving 1up.

gtfo.gif

Which EGM was that? The one with the Socom Cover Story or the one with the 2008: Year Of The PS3 one?

MrDaravon

skip said:
we're going to make a new section on the site indexing our leavings/bad news, and then try to sell ads on it to be ironic.

You could probably sell adspace to competing websites on that page.

DangerStepp

bengraven said:
I KNEW Mielke stole his fucking job.
You're being funny, right?

He's been in EGM for as long as I've been reading and it sure is a shame to see him go. Best of luck to him, though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BenjaminBirdie said:
Which EGM was that? The one with the Socom Cover Story or the one with the 2008: Year Of The PS3 one?

I really wouldn't bother responding to these guys anymore man

At this rate 1up network will be shut down not because of bankruptcy but because there are no employees.

1up building will look like New York of I Am Legend movie.

bengraven

DangerStepp said:
You're being funny, right?

He's been in EGM for as long as I've been reading and it sure is a shame to see him go. Best of luck to him, though.

Yeah, I was only fucking around. :lol

mood

shifty100 said:

Yeah there need to be more Shanes.

man, what the hell is goin on over there- that and I have no idea how the hierarchy works over there (Executive Editor, Chief Editor,etc...)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BenjaminBirdie said:
Fuck that. I'm not letting bitter irrationality win the day, ever. You can pry the internet from my cold dead hands.

I commend your efforts, but as you know, this is a 24-7 job here. But I believe in you

DangerStepp

bengraven said:
Yeah, I was only fucking around. :lol
:D Good.

I don't know how much more I can take of everyone leaving. It's 10x harder of a blow whenever it's someone who has been in the game for such a long time. It's on par, if not worse, whenever John left.

I remember him responding to a "my condolences" email i sent him after i heard he got divorced. I thought that was cool. It humanized "a dude on the internet" for me so seeing him go makes me sad.

reilo said:
Imagine the meltdowns if Shane took over.... :lol

only bad thing would be the gossip section in EGM and 1up.

Shane talks about not so popular games I like, so im cool if those get more coverage. Persona 4 cover story, baby.

DC R1D3R

Banned
reilo said:

HAHAHA

*imagines the fallout*

NeoGAF would simply implode :]

On a serious note though, Shoe does/did an excellent job and I wish him all the best in his ventures.

Huh, I wasn't expecting this. Though I didn't like Shoe too much, it's still sad to see him leave. Good luck in the future Shoe.

C4Lukins

Sad to see him go, but I am sure he will pop up somewhere else soon.

reilo said:

I would call in to cancel my free subscription...

Not really, Shane has been growing on me lately.

Top Bottom