• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ummm oh god what's happening
Strong opening. That's what I like to see.

Oozer3993

The capitol just got exploded and he's quibbling over due process? Jack Bauer would be ashamed. Jack never cares about due process. He just asks for an axe.

Edit: Note to self - never trust Crooked Virginia Madsen.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This is a good show. Sutherlands bipolarity is great. And so was that preview.

Oozer3993

It was the hockey coach the whole time!

BWONG!

j7Ltuon.gif

Looks like Kiefer Sutherland is enjoying himself. Getting to play a very different character but not one who is too meek. He can be a badass if his country needs it but it's not natural for him and that really comes through with Chief Kief's portrayal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is basically 24. I jsut hope the stupid kid doesn't end up being Kim Bauer all over again and get kidnapped or some shit.

I'm so surprised that this is still decent.

I'm real interested to see when they actually get into the politics of the presidency. That will make or break the show. I expect 2 more episodes of "OMG BOMBING" before it settles into Jack Bauer's West Wing, with an underlying season arc of whodunnit.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Aaron Shore is going to blackmail President Kirkman. I can feel it.

It'll tie into Emily's foreshadowing about chiefs of staff getting fired all the time.

"Aaron, I'm gonna have to ask you to step down."

"Are you sure, Mr. President?" [waves manila folder around]

ryseing

God this show is such trash. It's a shame since there's legitimate potential but it's being buried under formulaic network drama shit. Of course the surviving congressman wasn't telling the truth! Of course Kirkman's honesty is going to backfire on him! Never mind that binary devil and angel on each shoulder garbage. When will Natasha Mchelone get anything to work with that isn't generic family crap? HACKERSSSSSS AND CYBER

Time for straight hatewatching.

Holy shit, reading the comments of the AVC review reminded me that the only reason they found the terrorist video WAS BECAUSE IT WAS IN FUCKING PAL FORMAT. We deserve a better breed of network drama.

Top Bottom