• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DQIX TO DS. DS WINS NEXT GEN WAR! (DQ gets cash cowed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Only to page 64 as I post now. From Hawaii. While visiting relatives. But still have to say this:

jarosh said:
because i know you guys love them ds graphix lolz. color and perspective corrected plus ds native res. bonus motion blur from camera waggle

dq1.jpg
dq2.jpg

dq3.jpg
dq4.jpg

dq5.jpg
Oh, good. I'm back in my right mind and DS 3D looks ugly again. (Perhaps that earlier town shot was simply the graphical best area in the game and unrepresentative of the rest?) Has jagged edges even, my most-loathed of all graphical quirks.
But that almost doesn't matter. It's DQ, it's an action RPG, my favorite gaming genre, and it has character customization, my favorite gaming feature. I'm still excited, though it should have been in 2D.

Moving on to the other 34 pages now.

castle007

Banned
this is part of sony's evil plan. They told SE to give Nintendo DQIX, and the people will start hating the DS for ruining the most popular series in Japan :O

Then the PSP will come and save the day with the amazing FF7:CC

johnsmith

remember me
castle007 said:
this is part of sony's evil plan. They told SE to give Nintendo DQIX, and the people will start hating the DS for ruining the most popular series in Japan :O

The sad thing is I'm sure there's people that really believe this.

Snaku

Banned
castle007 said:

I'm totally getting a clue. Yeah, yeah I've got a raging clue right now. I've got such a raging clue that I almost shot clue glue all over Joe!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Jiggy37 said:
Only to page 64 as I post now. From Hawaii. While visiting relatives. But still have to say this:

Oh, good. I'm back in my right mind and DS 3D looks ugly again. (Perhaps that earlier town shot was simply the graphical best area in the game and unrepresentative of the rest?) Has jagged edges even, my most-loathed of all graphical quirks.
But that almost doesn't matter. It's DQ, it's an action RPG, my favorite gaming genre, and it has character customization, my favorite gaming feature. I'm still excited, though it should have been in 2D.
looks great to me. then again i thought ff3 looked good.

pheew

Banned
Leonsito said:
DQ9 sales in Japan > CC sales worldwide

enter the matrix outsold dragon quest 8 worldwide

dragon quest isn't as big as people seem to think. final fantasy 10 doubled dragon quest 8 sales worldwide

Snaku said:
Oh that's cute.

He thinks PSP games sell.
:lol

some games do. and crisis core is one of those games

castle007

Banned
pheew said:

dragon quest isn't as big as people seem to think. final fantasy 10 doubled dragon quest 8 sales worldwide

wait.....so you were actually serious about that post??? :lol :lol :lol

pheew

Banned
castle007 said:
wait.....so you were actually serious about that post??? :lol :lol :lol

do i think crisis core could outsell dragon quest 9? of course

do i think crisis core will outsell dragon quest 9? yes, but i wouldn't bet money on it

Unison

Jiggy37 said:

I imagine because of the DS Screens' low resolution, some jagginess is unavoidable.

Xeke

Banned
pheew said:

some games do. and crisis core is one of those games

Well it's good Sony still has you batting for their team!

Xavien

Page 100 Gooooooooooo!!

I honestly didn't expect this thread to reach such epic proportions. I guess the threads that are truly Legendary are the ones know-ones expects eh? :lol

Jiggy37 said:

DQ9 looks pretty good to me. Too bad I don't have a DS :(

Haunted

:lol at the reactions in this thread. Big news for Japan, I guess.

I could care less about the console/handheld it will be on, but seeing the graphic whores whine an bitch a lot is pretty much priceless. :)

I have no doubt that this will be a great game. Ask yourself this: when did the last numbered DQ game suck? ...see?

Baryn

Banned
Crisis Core might sell more over in the US and Europe, only because nobody knows what the **** Dragon Quest is in those regions, even if there are more DS owners.

So stack the two next to one another and if you have little idea which to buy, you will probably go with the prettier one.

KTallguy

Banned
Haunted_One said:
Ask yourself this: when did the last numbered DQ game suck? ...see?

I really hated VII... But I never really 'got' DQ.

There's something about DQ that just doesn't click with Non Japanese audiences like it does with Japanese audiences.

keiichi said:
It may have loading times comparable to FF3 DS... which is fine by me.

I didn't mean for that comment to come off as literal. Cartridges have little, if any, load times at all, which is why doc_bean's comment was so confusing.

Baryn

Banned
KTallguy said:
There's something about DQ that just doesn't click with Non Japanese audiences like it does with Japanese audiences.
Same here, and I didn't really like VIII. But after this thread I have begun playing the remakes of 1-6. While 1 and 2 are a little boring and simplistic, 3 is actually really good so far and what I have played of the second trilogy (4-6) has me intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom