• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II Gameplay Debut Trailer

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Wow, this looks incredible. Fantastic work.

I posted for the first time in like 6 months just to say this, so you know it's gotta be good.

qrtpJ.gif

This is like the Best thing EVER!

spirity

This game is awesome. My name is spirity and I can't stop thinking about Dudebro. This guy is cool; and by cool I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1. Dudebro is a mammal.
2. Dudebro fights ALL the time.
3. The purpose of Dudebro is to flip out and kill people.

Testimonial:

Dudebro can kill anyone he wants! Dudebro cuts off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. This guy is so crazy and awesome that he flips out ALL the time. I heard that Dudebro was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the 'Bro killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw Dudebro totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that Dudebro has REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or he will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Dudebro is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. This guy is totally awesome and that's a fact. Dudebro is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start yoga next year. I love Dudebro with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah reading the GB comments it seems mostly positive. The odd bit of hate here and there but I would say the majority of comments were good!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah reading the GB comments it seems mostly positive. The odd bit of hate here and there but I would say the majority of comments were good!

You can't post anything on the internet without being ridiculed needlessly. Someone linked an article I'd written for Gamasutra on the gamespot forum a couple years ago, and someone posted "I wish that writer had never been born."

You get used to that kind of thing after a while.

El Sloth

Banned
You can't post anything on the internet without being ridiculed needlessly. Someone linked an article I'd written for Gamasutra on the gamespot forum a couple years ago, and someone posted "I wish that writer had never been born."

You get used to that kind of thing after a while.
Nature of the internet, unfortunately. People forget far too often that there are real people on the other side of the computrer screen.

amazing stuff, I like the 2D approach and feel sorry that I was unable to help more at the beginning with stuff, maybe you could go isometric for a shooter spinoff if this does well!

grats to all involved, top stuff.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Awesome!

I love how bizarrely absurd it is that this game even exists, considering what the original spark of creation was. So great.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Hey great job! It's been a long time coming. A lot of things got a chuckle out of me. I have to say I'm surprised by the NES style pixel art. I was expecting more detailed pixel art like some of the cutscenes and polar bear QTE(awesome!) but hey it's all good.

Jhoan

This made me roll with laughter. The trailer in general was hilarious but that part with the bear got to me. I dunno if that's an intentional God Hand reference or not, but I absolutely love it. I can't believe this is still happening and it looks damn good. Metal Slug mixed with Mega Man. I've reading the developer blog and have high hopes it's going to be good. I can't wait.

Hatten

"skip shitty minigame"

From now on that button has to be on EVERY game made until the end of the world

BTW is the Higgs Brosom particle gun going to be in this version?

weapon_BHCL-jocchan-Stalfoscoloringr3-450x300.jpg

Thats like the most important brorticle in the entire brocean!

tearsofash

Evidently it is...

I'd have thought people would at least manage to lay off a free game developed by members of a community in their spare time, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Hah, you've got to be kidding me. Try reading some of the sega-16 forum's Pier Solar thread. Similar community-based spare time sort of concept. Ultimately not free, but still interesting.

nicjac

The comments on GB aren't that bad really, only a few hate posts. I find it interesting to read all of them though, gives me a sense of perspective about our work. I think the team was expecting some of these negative comments ('Another 8-bit indie platformer blabla'). I think it is up to us to prove them wrong and deliver a solid, genuinely good experience. Even if it doesn't take itself seriously, I am convinced we can have fun and engaging gameplay elements.

Perkel

Banned
"skip shitty minigame"

From now on that button has to be on EVERY game made until the end of the world

BTW is the Higgs Brosom particle gun going to be in this version?

weapon_BHCL-jocchan-Stalfoscoloringr3-450x300.jpg

Thats like the most important brorticle in the entire brocean!

DAt is amazing

Late to reacting to this but MAN is that trailer awesome! So happy they went with pixel art instead. I've been telling everyone about this!

Huggers

I hadn't been on Gaf in years and I had somehow forgotten about Dudebro 2. Stumbled across the trailer on Youtube. I love that's it's now in 2D, it looks awesome. Any word on release?

Wow, I was just thinking about this the other day, and just assumed it had been abandoned. Then I randomly saw the article on The Verge and was blown away. Great work, guys!

Zissou

Nice article- I'm curious how wide an audience this game will reach when it finally comes out!

I also want to see how far the 3D version got before it was scrapped.

TimmiT

That seems to go over the line between homage and knock-off to me. Still, if the makers of Dudebro are fine with it than it should be fine.

Top Bottom