• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II Gameplay Debut Trailer

Mista Koo

Thanks for the bump, I somehow missed this thread even though I signed up here for this game.
Freaking awesome, I'd buy this game even knowing nothing about it or about the forum. Well done Jocchan and G.A.F.

Actually I did want such a game as a spinoff since I don't actually like top down shooters, but I thought it was a stupid idea that would cause chaos and confusion within the team.

Shame that a lot of work went to waste and the HUD is now more detailed than the sprites :(

What kind of self respecting Dudebro would be seen playing a sidescoller?
This is my only issue with the game since they replaced character models with sprites. Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, but 2D is for babbies.

In case it wasn't obvious I was going for a dudebro impression. A real dudebro will never play such game.

ultim8p00

Banned
Thanks for the bump, I somehow missed this thread even though I signed up here for this game.
Freaking awesome, I'd buy this game even knowing nothing about it or about the forum. Well done Jocchan and G.A.F.

Actually I did want such a game as a spinoff since I don't actually like top down shooters, but I thought it was a stupid idea that would cause chaos and confusion within the team.

Shame that a lot of work went to waste and the HUD is now more detailed than the sprites :(

This is my only issue with the game since they replaced character models with sprites. Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, but 2D is for babbies.

rlakkjfalkjfhlkjsvga as

That seems to go over the line between homage and knock-off to me. Still, if the makers of Dudebro are fine with it than it should be fine.

It's certainly homage. Gearbox are good folks (honoring a deceased fan by putting them in the game, for example).

NewFresh

2d dude bro game makes no sense.

Look, dudebros don't dudebro with 2d; however, non-dudebros do dudebro with 2d. So the non-dudebros can dudebro with dudebro regardless of the dudebros not dudebro-ing in dudebro because they are too busy being dudebros. It makes perfect sense.

OnPoint

Imagine that.

I don't understand the 2D backlash lately. There are a lot of 2D 'retro' games coming out and that have already recently, but people used to complain when they were gone too. I guess people can complain about anything.

TimmiT

It's certainly homage. Gearbox are good folks (honoring a deceased fan by putting them in the game, for example).

I know, I'm sure they intended to put it in as a homage, it just seems like that if someone knows about Dudebro II but not about Gearbox it'd seem like a rip-off.

Fake edit: I have never played Borderlands 2 and forgot that the game is filled with references like this, never mind.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The HUD was actually redone, the old one clashed too much with the new style.
Screen from a very old build with the old HUD shopped on: http://i.imgur.com/kZhOq.png

Look, dudebros don't dudebro with 2d; however, non-dudebros do dudebro with 2d. So the non-dudebros can dudebro with dudebro regardless of the dudebros not dudebro-ing in dudebro because they are too busy being dudebros. It makes perfect sense.
I see.

I don't understand the 2D backlash lately. There are a lot of 2D 'retro' games coming out and that have already recently, but people used to complain when they were gone too. I guess people can complain about anything.
Lots of indie games are aiming for a retro style nowadays, so it's easy to see where the criticism is coming from.
There is, of course, a simple explanation for that: it's much easier to come up with assets fast, which is pretty critical for indie developers (as Dudebro's development history itself proves).

Mista Koo

In case you missed it like everyone else I was joking.

The HUD was actually redone, the old one clashed too much with the new style.
Screen from a very old build with the old HUD shopped on: http://i.imgur.com/kZhOq.png
Oh wow, I totally forgot how detailed it was.
I guess Dudebro Forever (the sequel) could be in that resolution.

Gomu Gomu

Imagine that.

Amazing.
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The main guy doesn't look dudebro at all. I don't get it.

The game looks like a lot of fun though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Nice bump, and thanks all! :D

That game looks so damn good. Any chance it will come to other platforms as well?
The plan is to check out Monogame once we're close to completion (or earlier if their implementation of the XNA content build pipeline is completed first), which should allow for easier release on more platforms. Still no promises atm, though.

Mlatador

Banned
Nice bump, and thanks all! :D

The plan is to check out Monogame once we're close to completion (or earlier if their implementation of the XNA content build pipeline is completed first), which should allow for easier release on more platforms. Still no promises atm, though.

Fair enough. Looking forward to it!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sorry for the bump Jocchan, I was wondering if there's any demo on the horizon, or at least a new trailer?
There was a trailer coming up, but later on we decided to postpone it to bring it a bit closer to something that's actually playable (and to be able to show more stuff, which is a nice bonus).

Top Bottom