• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E.X. Troopers |OT|

Here it is, Officially last chance saloon time for Capcom. They don't get this out over here and they can kiss any creditability (of which they have so little at this point) bye-bye.

You're cute.

This is a pretty low profile animu game. I'd love to see it get localized for those who would pick it up, but it doesn't have much weight compared to the big budget games Capcom is still making for the HD twins.

Still, I'd say this has a much better chance than 2nd SRWOG. MUCH better.

Conan-san

You're cute.

This is a pretty low profile animu game. I'd love to see it get localized for those who would pick it up, but it doesn't have much weight compared to the big budget games Capcom is still making for the HD twins.
Yes, I can assure you I'll be right there not buying the next piece of shit marked "Resident Evil" that plops out of their gaping anus.

A.E Suggs

Got my copy just now, the special edition version from capcom's web store. The figure is very nice. Looking forward to playing the game shortly.

I want to get this game but I guess I missed my chance to get the stuff that comes with it. It looks like an easy enough game to understand without knowing japanese.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
And, back in the glory days of 8 bits, that would not sound even remotely off. We have become so damn old.

Depending on the element that the gun shoots, there are a few static effects. Fire causes burn, which does DOT, lightning electrocutes and stuns (you can break out by mashing X), and ice traps you inside a snowman, which means you can run and walk around, but can't melee or use weapons (this can also be broken by mashing X).

I do like the way they handle it.

Just got to Episode 3, and I'm really having a blast. I've gotten some really cool weapons, and I'm finding myself trying different combos of main and sub weapons for different missions. So far, I'm using the Assault Rifle and the Horizon Missile the most.

my copy should be here on monday, add me so we can play multiplayer!
PSN: Moeruok

I'll be sure to add you in a bit if you're not already on my list.

Interesting...

f7f5ce3e.jpg

lupin23rd

Interesting. I may pick up the PS3 version soon, but if it had been a choice between PS3 and Vita I probably would have gone with Vita. Maybe both, if there had been some sort of cross-play or shared save gameplay modes.

PS3 + 3DS still boggles my mind, but I guess maybe the PS3 version was too far along and they didn't want to can it for a Wii U version. Wii U + 3DS with some of the options I mentioned above would have made sense too, but I guess this is Capcom.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The sad truth is that if a Vita version comes out at some point, I'd buy that too. Help me.

falconzss

Vita would be interesting, but my PS3 version already shipped. If I enjoy the full game as I enjoyed the demo, I could see myself buying a Vita version if it ever materializes.

The sad truth is that if a Vita version comes out at some point, I'd buy that too. Help me.

The Vita needs your support :p

I would as well, just for the visuals on top of the portability, plus assumed cross-play/shared save support.

I'm still curious what sort of DLC stuff the game is gonna get considering the 3DS box says there are wireless internet capabilities for DLC things.

Bonus VR missions/monster reskins would be cool.

Ken

Do you ever get to change characters in the single player mode?

You won't be able to access them at first. It's still pretty early on, though. As soon as you get access to W.I.Z, you can use the codes. It's the third option down in the W.I.Z menu, and there's a lock icon, so it should be pretty obvious.

What's the WIZ? I just got to chapter 1/the advanced base place.

thetrin

I would as well, just for the visuals on top of the portability, plus assumed cross-play/shared save support.

I'm still curious what sort of DLC stuff the game is gonna get considering the 3DS box says there are wireless internet capabilities for DLC things.

Bonus VR missions/monster reskins would be cool.

The PS3 version has a scheduled mission download thing going on, but it hasn't started yet. I imagine it will start next week.

Do you ever get to change characters in the single player mode?

What's the WIZ? I just got to chapter 1/the advanced base place.

Wiz is the giant floating hologram girl. You haven't unlocked using her yet, I'm pretty sure.

Also no, you can't change the player character in the story missions.

NinjaBoiX

What's with all the numbers in Japanese OT's? I get the Japanese characters, obviously, but there seems to be a load of "&16345" and stuff, which just seems completely random. Same with the Evangelion 3 OT, a whole load of random letter and numbers.

What's the deal?

Xater

What's with all the numbers in Japanese OT's? I get the Japanese characters, obviously, but there seems to be a load of "&16345" and stuff, which just seems completely random. Same with the Evangelion 3 OT, a whole load of random letter and numbers.

What's the deal?

Shows up right for me.

thetrin

I can't call it quicker than anything until it arrives.

FedEx only from now on.

In my area, I like UPS a lot more. Fed Ex requires a signature, but won't just drop the package at my leasing office if I'm not home. UPS will consistently drop it at the leasing office, and my delivery guy actually rings my phone when he's there, to make sure I'm home. Fed Ex quietly knocks, and then leaves without dumping the package somewhere.

I had to drive 2 towns over to get my damn copy of Ex Troopers from the Fed Ex shipping center, because Fed Ex couldn't be bothered to leave the package at the leasing office, and get a signature from someone there.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
More codes

565656: Plasma Bomber design plans
163489: Bren's star t-shirt and jeans

falconzss

Unexpectedly received my copy today. Didn't even take a week via airmail. Glad I didn't spend the money on DHL. Haven't fixed my PS3 unfortunately...

thetrin

Yay, other people have it now!

I look forward to having people to talk to about the game now.

I'm in Chapter 4 at the moment, and some serious shit went down in the story. Might hop into multiplayer tonight and finish off some VR missions I've got outstanding. Also, now I have the rapid laser, which is awesome. Still haven't found a decent replacement for the horizon missile, though.

Kyoufu

How many VR missions have you unlocked at the moment, trin?

I only have 3 available right now. Guess I'll have to power through story mode.

edit: So impressions are 4 hours of game time: BUY BUY BUY. Capcom have crafted another fine IP. I missed games like this from the Japanese industry.

First time I heard about this game, looks nice!

Realtalk: I'll pick it up on the cheap/clearance rack like six months to a year after its US release, yo. (Currently waiting for the same thing to happen on RE6 =P)

kiryogi

Banned
Super neat, despite demo not supporting nor did I look closely @ the site... Full game supports Circle Pad Pro :D

Just heard about this game, looks nice!

Realtalk: I'll pick it up on the cheap/clearance rack like six months to a year after its US release, yo. (Currently waiting for the same thing to happen on RE6 =P)

lawlz, what Us release.

Kyoufu

Online multiplayer is so fun.

The team special attack is amazing.

Love how the combat is so fluid. People said there was slowdown on the PS3 demo but I haven't seen any. Smooth like butter.

Top Bottom