• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burbeting

Banned
Stuff and a vote.

I understand your points of this post, and there is some valid stuff there. I agree that if you make lists where half is just ”nothing of him”, it’s not really that helpful for the game at all, which is why I usually to not make reads out of everyone until there is actually something substansial to say about (at least almost) everyone. I made an exception to the rule though with my reads on bsp/hyper/kingkitty though, and that was because I wanted to get some kind of idea of them all, since as I said, they all flew under my radar.

Also, yeah I can understand why you don’t like my analysis posts since they might not have anything that substansial at this point. I guess I’m sorry, but I feel like it’s more like my game-play style over anything. I try to analyse things and players with detail because I feel like you can easily miss stuff from people if you just skim through them and don’t talk that much.

On day 1 analysis can seem most redundant, you mention it yourself that you don’t like analysing posts in day 1 too much. Yeah, day 1 posts can be bit pointless to analyse (look at all the fluff in early pages), but in my opinion there can be actually important stuff in day 1 that could be left behind accidentally, so I prefer to try and at least look things through, instead of just letting it be.

So yeah, I can see where you are coming from in your post, but I feel like this is bit more about you having a issue on my general play-style. It’s understandable, but it’s also something that I’m most likely not going to change :/.

cabot

I'm curious though cabot, something I thought about, what would your power have done if there was a tie?

Wasn't covered in the pm. I was sitting for like an hour waiting for someone to vote on nin so I could use it. Then launch did me the favour , that's why I thanked him.

I do find it funny when the people who talk about how useless Day 1 reads are and how little information we have, also are the people who don't have votes on anyone. If you think Day 1 reads are useless, and that we're essentially just randomly guessing and hoping to get lucky, what exactly are you waiting for?

Note I'm not calling for a turbo. I'd just like to hear from the people who haven't placed votes yet why they haven't voted. Consider it like a reverse read. I think we can get something out of getting people to explain their lack of voting, just as much as we can get out of them explaining who they are voting for and why.

Also I'm going to temporarily change my vote from bananaspaceprincess to kingkitty. Because I would feel really bad voting out a new player on Day 1, and because kingkitty is just a really confusing and hard to read person. At least for me and Fireblend.

Vote: Kingkitty

Vote is subject to flip-flop.

kingkitty

just like old days, corn

anyways I'm a bit busy at the moment but while I'm here for a sec, when's a good time to role claim?

1 hour before the deadline? 30 mins? 15? This is assuming I get bangwagoned by the deadline.

I agree with the above. it's hilarious how we had so many votes thrown around earlier in the day, and now with fourteen hours left there are maybe ~half the players with no votes on anyone

I think we're going to run into the issue someone mentioned earlier where the clear candidate isn't going to emerge until it's too late for them to mount a defence or do anything about it, although I think judging by the tone of some posts it'll probably be kingkitty

okay, so Burbeting, if you were to put a vote on someone, would it be one of your three? or would it be somebody else entirely?

The first one was a bit late, but if you read carefully I was the first to point out the "obvious" in said posts. I was the first to point out list of reads are stupid, then everyone followed, since everyone has such a list boner.

Its silly to say I am just pointing the obvious, because pretty much is all I can do right now, since I don´t have any other information besides my own role. Do you any information the rest of town is not aware of?

Everyone in that same situation, I was facing a similar dilemma. This is my first day 1, so the situation, while I know how day 1s typically go, is still personally unfamiliar to me. But not saying anything of substance doesn't help town whatsoever. In the next days, should suspicion come on to you, there wouldn't be anything to clear you or provide proof or evidence of your guilt.

This is likely all super obvious, but it still needs to be said. So far, all that's happened in regards to you was other people pointing out the same thing I did and launch going "nah man it's salva I know he's a good poster". There wasn't anything else on you till now

'I agree with the above' was in reference to CB's first post, wanting to know why people haven't voted and wondering if maybe they're going to pull their finger out and get to it

just like old days, corn

anyways I'm a bit busy at the moment but while I'm here for a sec, when's a good time to role claim?

1 hour before the deadline? 30 mins? 15? This is assuming I get bangwagoned by the deadline.

I'd say 15 mins or less, so that nobody has time to react properly and the whole thread ends up in chaos.

Burbeting

Banned
okay, so Burbeting, if you were to put a vote on someone, would it be one of your three? or would it be somebody else entirely?

For now, it would be Kingkitty. I talked about him in my earlier post, and he does seem to be the most worrying out of the three people flying under my radar, and at this pois Scum might want to do exactly that.

And yeah, I do agree that it's bit more fair to have the subject of suspicions to have time to give out his or hers defence. So I will give my vote.

Vote: kingkitty

It's subject to change for now, obviously, but for now Kingkitty is the most worrying figure in my eyes.

cabot

VOTE: kingkitty

Drunk vote. He's the most suspicious to me currently. I'll have a read through in the morning and re think before deadline.

kingkitty

And then there is that just weird game with *Splinter. What was the point of that?

It's called a joke.

The first contributions to the game were talking about Cabot breadcrumping with Palmer, and then voting for him later. There was some thoughts before it, but I do think that kingkitty’s reasoning for voting Cabot was kind of weak.

Well it's Day 1 so it's odd to expect some amazing strong reasoning like it's Day 6.

After that kitty posts after Fireblend and me have voiced some mild concerns about him. I mentioned that I felt he got overly aggressive about those mild suspicions. He gets does downplay that as humor, but I don’t know… it seemed bit overblown for some reason.

Okay? I don't know what to tell you but when I said "#deathtocabot" I didn't really mean he should die in real life. But for some reason you thought this was example of me being "tense" but hey, maybe you're just a liberal.

In Kitty’s later votes one thing struck really odd, it was the ”oh I had a legit idea in my mind why Cabot was not scum but eh I voted anyway”. Oh really now? This could easily be scum trying to justify himself in hindsight… ”Well I did think you were possibly a good guy after all!”

Weird how you read it like that. It was more so "here's a potential con to my plan to kill cabot". But ultimately, with the help of my gut, I weighed the pros and cons and I thought there was a slight chance cabot was just being bold scum. I have no regrets.

CURRENT VOTES:

Palmer_v1 (0)
Sorian

cabot (0)
Palmer_v1
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
Burbeting
nin1000
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
El Topo

kingkitty (4)
cabot
LaunchpadMcQ
Fireblend
NeverForever
CornBurrito
Burbeting
cabot

SalvaPot (1)
Sorian
cabot
Kalor
Sorian
Hyperactivity

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
Sorian

Kalor (1)
Fireblend
El Topo
Never Forever
Palmer_v1
*Splinter

Fireblend (0)
Hyperactivity

Sorian (1)
nin1000
LaunchpadMcQ
SalvaPot
kingkitty
Palmer_v1

bananaspaceprincess (1)
Sorian
Sorian
CornBurrito
Kalor

El Topo (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot
LaunchpadMcQ
LaunchpadMcQ

Burbeting (1)
cabot
Sorian
El Topo

nin1000 (0)
Hyperactivity
Never Forever
*Splinter
Sorian
LaunchpadMcQ
cabot

Never Forever (0)
*Splinter

LaunchpadMcQ (0)
*Splinter
Fireblend

*Splinter (1)
nin1000

DAY 1 ENDS AT
t1442152800z1.png

*Splinter

Honestly though every time I go to post something today I just feel like I'm repeating myself.
"Low content bad, low activity bad but not really, vague scum feeling from someone based on almost nothing" etc.

I regret focusing early on poorly contributing players, it seems we're all going round and round on that point with nothing interesting coming from it. The worst part being that it's such an easy thing to blend in on.

Eh, day 1 sucks.

Burbeting does have interesting posts I guess. I'll go through them again when it isn't 2am. For now though my vote is still on Kalor, I guess that's a good a place as any.

Honestly though every time I go to post something today I just feel like I'm repeating myself.
"Low content bad, low activity bad but not really, vague scum feeling from someone based on almost nothing" etc.

I regret focusing early on poorly contributing players, it seems we're all going round and round on that point with nothing interesting coming from it. The worst part being that it's such an easy thing to blend in on.

Eh, day 1 sucks.

Burbeting does have interesting posts I guess. I'll go through them again when it isn't 2am. For now though my vote is still on Kalor, I guess that's a good a place as any.

Why Kalor?

*Splinter

I don't mean interesting as in scummy necessarily. But they're insightful, often take a different view of things to my own while remaining logical, and usually generate discussion.

*Splinter

You don't feel the same way about SalvaPot? Hyperactivity? kingkitty?
Salva: yes so far. I'm divided on him though. As I think we already mentioned he is quite hard to manipulate which is good if he's town. On the other hand I've just remembered he can be quite frustrating in his reads, just putting people up on "gut feeling" and rarely giving deeper analysis.

Hyperactivity: ehh a bit. I feel he's said more than Kal/Salva though. However my only experience of Hyper is Beagle/Corgi in the Blargohunt, so I'm surprised we haven't seen more from him. In fairness Blargohunt wasn't (anywhere close to) a normal game so I shouldn't take too much from it.

Kitty: He hasn't done much until very recently. I like his playstyle though, he'll create an unusual situation purely to see people's reactions (a technique I try to borrow). I guess he's hard to read, so a good candidate for today.

If anyone has anything compelling to say in Kalor's defense my vote would probably move to Hyperactivity.

Salva: yes so far. I'm divided on him though. As I think we already mentioned he is quite hard to manipulate which is good if he's town. On the other hand I've just remembered he can be quite frustrating in his reads, just putting people up on "gut feeling" and rarely giving deeper analysis.

Hyperactivity: ehh a bit. I feel he's said more than Kal/Salva though. However my only experience of Hyper is Beagle/Corgi in the Blargohunt, so I'm surprised we haven't seen more from him. In fairness Blargohunt wasn't (anywhere close to) a normal game so I shouldn't take too much from it.

Kitty: He hasn't done much until very recently. I like his playstyle though, he'll create an unusual situation purely to see people's reactions (a technique I try to borrow). I guess he's hard to read, so a good candidate for today.

If anyone has anything compelling to say in Kalor's defense my vote would probably move to Hyperactivity.

So, what exactly are you looking for in your vote? For Kalor, it's a lack of presence; but if you move your vote to Hyper, I'm not sure what you're basing it off of since he's made his opinions known recently.

*Splinter

People I probably won't be voting today:

CornBurrito
Slow-ish start today, but I don't think Corn could keep his mouth shut if his life depended on it. If he's quiet tomorrow he'll be at the top of my suspicions, but I'm not lynching him yet.
If Corn is scum I'd love to see him try to hide it.

Sorian
We all know we'll get plenty of opportunity to analyse Sorian. Nothing unusual from him today, no lynch.

cabot
Obviously

Never Forever
Didn't like my game earlier, but that's ok - it was supposed to be slightly antagonistic. I've actually liked a lot of his contributions so far (although I think he's pushing the "I'm obviously town" line a bit much) and I see no reason to vote him today.

Burbeting
Interesting posts as I said. Closer analysis probably tomorrow morning. Slightly dependant on what I find then but I'd be surprised if anything leads me to voting him.

nin1000
Obviously

*Splinter
Great guy, handsome too.

Note that these aren't necessarily townreads, since I have such weak reads on everyone right now. It's more that I can't see any reason to vote these.

*Splinter

So, what exactly are you looking for in your vote? For Kalor, it's a lack of presence; but if you move your vote to Hyper, I'm not sure what you're basing it off of since he's made his opinions known recently.
It's mostly him not matching up with my expectations. Plus I can't remember any original ideas coming from him which makes me think he's blending, though I'd have to double check his history before I try to argue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom