• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabot

Now to something else.

Hyperactivity has a point with Launchpads posts yesterday.
It is pretty interesting that he was defending Salva and on the other hand accuse me with the same argumentation. Salva and I both were not very active yesterday but Launch argued like the following:

1) I know Salva -> that's how he plays -> he's town

and for me it was

I don't know her -> she's not posting a lot -> she must be scum.

The lack of logic behind that just jumps right in my face now and it really is bad that he can not defend himself anymore. I admit that I feel that he was just trying to make me more active. But anyway I agree with hyper that seeing it on a plate like that it does bring up some doubts about him. It is on L_P now to show us if his behavior gives us more reason to question his alliance.

2) Now my thoughts on Cabot being silenced for the day. Yesterday he was one of the most active players of the game and he was also almost confirmed townie. The silencing coming from a town PR therefore does not make sense imo. So I strongly believe he was silenced by mafia in attempt to put out a very strong town player. Thanks to Meme generator that is not as effective as it was supposed to I guess :)

Well, my point here is that him being silenced in my opinion confirms him being town. And following that nin's role for me is now confirmed as well.

I also like the idea of looking closer at the people who did NOT vote for KK.
It's a smaller pool of players than the Kitty votes and I am pretty sure that in order to avoid any connection between mafia at least one of them has to have voted for someone else.

1)
r2o56.jpg

2)
r2o2t.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, now that that's in the open....

Originally I was just not including BSP in the tally. Then the kingkitty votes happened and I was distracted and not paying close enough attention and accidentally counted her vote in the majority. So when NF and the rest started adding up the votes and including BSP, I decided that going forward I would include BSP in the tally, but just make the total votes one less - sorry Palmer, wasn't trying to confuse you.

cabot

Wait, what do you mean? Just waking up, can someone give me the vote list at the time cabot took center stage?

This is a mix of a blessing and a curse. I just sorta doubt BSP is only a voteless ordinary, however, there are pros and cons for scum keeping her alive. For one, she would bring an electorate win one day earlier, the scum need one less vote to win the game. At the same time, because her vote is activated when 1 scum dies (2 seems like it would take a while, I'm making a guess on Ouro's balance, but this game has crazy roles so this might end up being me talking out of my ass), they might still consider her as a vote

When a voteless person dies, it's a detriment to the side that the voteless person is on, but not as much, as that group still has the same amount of voting power

Ourobolus

Banned
Wait, what do you mean? Just waking up, can someone give me the vote list at the time cabot took center stage?

This is a mix of a blessing and a curse. I just sorta doubt BSP is only a voteless ordinary, however, there are pros and cons for scum keeping her alive. For one, she would bring an electorate win one day earlier, the scum need one less vote to win the game. At the same time, because her vote is activated when 1 scum dies (2 seems like it would take a while, I'm making a guess on Ouro's balance, but this game has crazy roles so this might end up being me talking out of my ass), they might still consider her as a vote

When a voteless person dies, it's a detriment to the side that the voteless person is on, but not as much, as that group still has the same amount of voting power

At the time...

cabot (4)
Burbeting
kingkitty
Hyperactivity
El Topo

nin1000 (5)
Never Forever
*Splinter
Sorian
Launch
cabot

El Topo

You keep throwing pictures and lists at us and it's reached the point where I'm inclined to lynch you. What are you trying to tell us anyway, cabot?

nin1000

Banned
I feel bad for BSP what a truly useless role she has atm. 😁 from my point of view I don't see her as someone dangerous since we can fight in order to get her some boring privileges!

Is it normal for a game to have this many vote manipulation roles? Cabots depended on votes, and now we have a voteless. Maybe an override exists too.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Fireblend
Hyperactivity

Hyperactivity (2)
Kalor
SalvaPot

CornBurrito (1)
nin1000

Kalor (1)
Palmer_v1

Fireblend (0)
nin1000

No active vote for Day 2:
*Splinter
cabot
CornBurrito
El Topo
Lone_Prodigy
Never Forever

bananaspaceprincess

Day 2 ends:
t1442437200z1.png

7 votes for majority

Fireblend

Banned
Well, it's good to see we cleared up the votes issue. I doubt mafia would go after BSP anytime soon, since killing her doesn't actually work in favor of their win condition... in fact, lynching her is more useful for us, since it doesn't decrease our "voting power". I still would like to lynch scum today though, of course. We're down 2 PRs and Burb, whose contributions were good but sadly very limited.

All I can find on Burb that could be of use to us now are some thoughts on Hyper being suspicious. We already have some people following up on that thought so I don't think there's much to do there. Sorian on the other hand went after palmer_v1 for a bit.

Palmer's spent most of today talking about cabot's silence and the vote thing. Obviously that's of interest to us, but it would also be a good way for scum to score some safe contributing posts without exposing themselves or engaging with the conversation in a way that could be of use to us later. Still... that's probably not enough to discredit him in any way.

I was also very suspicious yesterday of the way Salva decided to defend Lone_Prodigy from Hyper.

what I can do is tell you that I have played a few times with launch by now and there has been situations where I have either saved him for been lynched when I defend his playstyle, while he defends me because of my playstyle.

This seems very dangerous. In that case, if one of you turned out to be mafia, then the other would effectively be defending mafia even if he was town because "that's just their playstyle". The fact is Launch was acting odd yesterday.

In the case of lone_prodigy, I don´t think launch´s actions are a good lead into his role, since he has clearly been played different than launch do.

I have no reason to defend lone_prodigy, but he still hasn´t made something that would make me suspicious of him.

Lone_Prodigy has barely posted. If we consider him a new player then we might as well lynch him because he has said close to nothing. And we *should* read Launch's post to get an insight into L_P's role. It sucks as I've already said but I'm not about to ignore my doubts on Launch just because he now has a new personality.

But I do find your choice of following a lead into a player that has been replaced to be, well, iffy. l_p is at a clear disadvantage here, and targeting him right now seems like an easy out for a mafia player to get a town role killed, since the new player is more likely to contradict himself with what the player he replaced could have said.

Lynching him seems like a dick move, so I won´t vote for him right now.

More of the same. I agree that going after Lone_Prodigy seems like a dick move, and I sure don't want to turbo him, but that doesn't prevent me from having to follow up on my suspicions from yesterday.

----

I'd also like to hear from Kalor, who has one vote on him and has barely posted today. Day 2 seems a bit late to be throwing suspicion on people based on inactivity, specially with 3 GOPers down, but I don't really feel strongly about anyone right now, other than nin, cabot, bsp and myself.

I expect to not be able to post much today but I'll be checking the thread regularly.

Palmer_v1

Vote: BananaSpacePrincess

Her story doesn't make sense. This game is GOP candidates vs the electorate. An illegal immigrant makes no sense as a candidate but makes perfect sense as the electorate. To further reinforce this idea, every single GOP-aligned person so far has had an actual name. She's just a random illegal.

I feel bad picking on a new person, but I think she just got caught up a bit and didn't think her role claim through entirely.

*Splinter

Ok, a few thoughts

1) I was looking at Palmer D1, but he hasn't really done much today apart from mechanic speculation, so not much new for me to think on there. I will note that Sorian dying after attacking Palmer is a little fishy - as in it kind of looks like Palmer being framed?

2) Launchpad - was definitely quite weird yesterday, very erratic and aggressive and yeah his defense of Salva definitely felt clumsy. I am leaning scum at the moment but not confidently, will be watching L_P for further clues

3) CornBurrito - After spending all of DR on the attack, here he seems to be spending more time on defense. Could just be that he wasn't accused much last game, but for now my suspicions are gently aroused.

4) Sorian/Burbetting - do we have any ideas on who was killed by what? Sorian does seem an obvious kill choice for scum, but Burb also seemed to be a highly skilled player so I can't decide who was more likely. I guess Burb was more likely to attract a vig, but Sorian more likely to attract an SK, so that doesn't get me anywhere

5) Fireblend - D1 I implied you were flying under the radar, but didn't really have a chance to elaborate when you questioned it (sorry about that). I did do some re-reading overnight and I realised that you've been involved a lot more than I thought, so I'm not sure why you weren't registering for me - probably just a name I didn't recognise to be honest

6) Kalor has been quiet, even for Kalor

*Splinter

Obviously I didn't see Palmer's post when I said he hasn't done much...

He has a point though, I don't know how much we should read into fluff but illegal immigrant doesn't exactly scream "GOP candidate"

The point about getting a vote later in the game... I guess that could be scum having their strength increased when they are down a couple players? I can't see much reason to boost town when they've already caught (multiple?) scum

*Splinter

Again, why are we assuming Cabot's role had anything to do with vote counts? Have I missed some claim he made?
He claimed his role investigates whoever has the most votes. He also pointed out he was waiting for nin to get more votes to do this, and voted nin to break the tie before using his role. He also repeated this today already

cabot

My ability allows me to throw the command and determine the alignment of the person with the most votes, which in this case is our man nin1000.

My ability allows me to throw the command and determine the alignment of the person with the most votes, which in this case is our man nin1000.

Fireblend

Banned
Vote: BananaSpacePrincess

Her story doesn't make sense. This game is GOP candidates vs the electorate. An illegal immigrant makes no sense as a candidate but makes perfect sense as the electorate. To further reinforce this idea, every single GOP-aligned person so far has had an actual name. She's just a random illegal.

I feel bad picking on a new person, but I think she just got caught up a bit and didn't think her role claim through entirely.

I thought about this possibility. Why would mafia have a vote-less player? And would it be in our favor to lynch such a player? Their win condition is probably to outvote us, so what good is a voteless player to them? Could she be responsible for NKing Burb or Sorian?

I actually don't have much of a problem with her flavor text; an illegal immigrant would be unable to vote, so they're not part of the electorate, it does strike me as a fitting description for a neutral role. Of course if she was scum the scum team could have had a whole day to come up with a believable claim for her role, specially knowing she was going to be found out soon.

nin1000

Banned
I don't agree going after BSP since I would much rather go after the actual scum. Mafia will of course now enforce this lynch and go after her. What a shame.

Palmer_v1

I thought about this possibility. Why would mafia have a vote-less player? And would it be in our favor to lynch such a player? Their win condition is probably to outvote us, so what good is a voteless player to them? Could she be responsible for NKing Burb or Sorian?

I actually don't have much of a problem with her flavor text; an illegal immigrant would be unable to vote, so they're not part of the electorate, it does strike me as a fitting description for a neutral role. Of course if she was scum the scum team could have had a whole day to come up with a believable claim for her role, specially knowing she was going to be found out soon.

Totally didn't think of Neutral. In a game where we might have a SK though, we can't afford to give neutrals a pass.

Fireblend

Banned
What would an Electorate role (or a neutral) role look like though, assuming there actually are non-GOP roles?

An activist of some sort? Maybe a dem candidate? :p I'd rather not speculate about flavor text. We can discuss what we've seen but theorizing about what we haven't doesn't make much sense to me - obviously we don't know what to expect.

nin1000

Banned
What do you mean actual scum? How do you know BSP isn't?
Why would you think she is? I have doubts, and those doubts are not as strong as going after her. Her claiming makes a lot of sense for me in the context of this game.
Of course now everyone will go after her and if we lynch her everyone will say : well she was useless Anyway.

El Topo

There's 16 players. We lost two players tonight, so there might be a serial killer. Does it seem feasible that there are two neutral roles? Is it possible that BSP is an illegal immigrant that not only has no vote, but also tries to take our jobs lives?

Fireblend

Banned
As I already said, bsp's a "middle-of-the-road" target considering she's most likely a neutral that can't vote and as such is next to useless to town. Who knows how far we are from turning her into a GOP member if that's even what her "getting a green card" means.

Maybe her getting a green card means turning into part of the electorate? I don't know much about odd roles, could there be one that helps town and then turns mafia when the condition is fulfilled?

Could she be the vig? Could that be what she meant with "help GOP find and lynch scum"? I doubt it, since she had no reason to off Sorian (she defended him D1) and I don't see why she would have targetted Burb.

Palmer_v1

This is getting meta, but to further reinforce her neutral possibility, it's quite likely that Mafia were provided a list of spare role names again, but a Neutral might not have gotten anything like that, putting her in a position to make this kind of mistake when claiming.

What are the chances the GOP team has an illegal immigrant thrown in on our side? Seems incredibly unlikely to me.

What are the odds the electorate has an illegal immigrant? The very fact that she can't vote makes it seem unlikely that she would be allied here either.

Neutral makes a lot of sense though, and she'd be a fairly ideal SK. Did Sorian or Burbeting go after her at all yesterday?

Ok just want to throw in the room that not being able to vote is probably the worst thing that could happen to a player in this game. If I would be scum at the same time this would be the most unpromising role in Gafia history.
I'm already on everyone's radar and I can't even actively protect myself by throwing votes back. As I said, you can always lynch me to have clarification or investigate me at night if there is someone with that ability.

I still think it would be much more effective to see what other people have to say about things that are in the room already have to say. Like Launch/L_P acting suspicious on D1 or Kalor who actually haven't said a lot lately. If there is no other clue at the end of the day do with me whatever you want.

El Topo

"Hey, I'm neutral. I have no power and I cannot vote, so I'm powerless. My win condition is totally in line with yours as well, so there's no reason to lynch me."

Doesn't that sound suspicious? Heck, why would an illegal immigrant help the GOP in the first place?

nin1000

Banned
I want to be clear that i dont want to lynch someone who could possibly come to our side. What makes sense and not is not really helpful. I just want to remind you all what happened with kingkitty and how everyone just said well that does not make any sense. Turns out he was town after all. I just believe her for the moment and don't agree on lynching her today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom