• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

a 50/50 bomb against mafia I meant.

Also I want to get behind the Kalor vote.

Vote: Kalor

I forgot to mention, my role has a second ability. I can´t hammer the vote. I send a pm to ouro to clarify and he said I could vote, just my vote can´t be the final one.

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

bananaspaceprincess (4)
Palmer_v1
El Topo
Never Forever
*Splinter
Lone_Prodigy
Fireblend
CornBurrito

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Fireblend
Hyperactivity
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
CornBurrito
El Topo
Kalor

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
SalvaPot

Fireblend (0)
nin1000
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (0)
nin1000

Kalor (3)
Palmer_v1
Fireblend
nin1000
SalvaPot

7 votes are needed for majority.

Fireblend, could I get an expansion on why you immediately shifted to Kalor as an alternate third choice? I know he was discussed earlier as a potential person, so I'm not against his vote. But I'd just like to actually hear the reasoning more.

El Topo

Salva fake claiming makes literally no sense if you think BSP is neutral and that he is scum. Unless you think they are both scum, but that's.... ridiculous?

The only claim of the two being fake would be L_P's since it is to protect himself from lynch.

L_P's claim is very convenient, but it would explain Launchpad's explanation a bit. Salva fake claiming makes sense if he is in a Lovers role with BSP, maybe Ron and Rand Paul.

Didn't CornBurrito unvote?

Yes. Unless there's some weird vote power that makes one of my votes sticky or some shit. I swear it seems like everyone in this game has a vote related power or ability. But it is probably just a miscount.

L_P's claim is very convenient, but it would explain Launchpad's explanation a bit. Salva fake claiming makes sense if he is in a Lovers role with BSP, maybe Ron and Rand Paul.

I agree about it being convenient. But I'm willing to believe it for now.

Also that seems a stretch for now about Salva/BSP being lovers. Not willing to really humor that line of thought right now. And aren't Lovers typically town aligned anyway?

Fireblend

Banned
Fireblend, could I get an expansion on why you immediately shifted to Kalor as an alternate third choice? I know he was discussed earlier as a potential person, so I'm not against his vote. But I'd just like to actually hear the reasoning more.

It's a very reactionary vote. I had him as my second alternative when I posted my reads post earlier, and as ugly as I think it is for us to default to voting for an inactive player, I believe it's better than the alternative of lynching a PR. There were some players already leaning towards voting him out, so it didn't seem to me like it'll be hard convincing people to switch their votes to him, which I think would've been the case if I had voted for Never Forever now instead, who I think has been just as inactive.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh right. Forgot to mention it here.

I am currently trying to get a replacement for Never Forever.

He posted a goodbye message here, looks like you guys glossed over it :p

Fireblend

Banned
Oh right. Forgot to mention it here.

I am currently trying to get a replacement for Never Forever.

He posted a goodbye message here, looks like you guys glossed over it :p
Ooooh that's right. I remember that. I guess that's another reason for voting Kalor instead. Or we could make your job easier and not have to find a replacement lol

not being serious

SalvaPot

It's a very reactionary vote. I had him as my second alternative when I posted my reads post earlier, and as ugly as I think it is for us to default to voting for an inactive player, I believe it's better than the alternative of lynching a PR. There were some players already leaning towards voting him out, so it didn't seem to me like it'll be hard convincing people to switch their votes to him, which I think would've been the case if I had voted for Never Forever now instead, who I think has been just as inactive.

Never Forever made a post saying she requested a replacement.

Kalor

I leave for a bit and I come back to 3 votes on me for reasons of inactivity. I can understand that but it's not like I've been completely absent. I'm not going to go ahead and role claim or anything like that because we've already had two "possible" role claims within the past hour.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can replace Never Forever.

laugh.gif

Alright. Thank you for posting your reasoning.

Anyway I see alternatives. But not necessarily better alternatives.

I think there's 3 votes on Kalor?

I'll be the 4th I suppose.

Vote: Kalor

Kalor

I buy salva, there was no pressure on him, leaving bsp alive for another day

Not sure I but l_ps claim

L_P's role claim feels very convinient after a potential role blocker being discussed all day. I don't understand why being a roleblocker meant that Launchpad had to play so aggressively on the first day.

Fireblend

Banned
There's a tie now, right? I assume Kalor is going to vote bsp to avoid getting lynched, so we need at least 2 votes for Kalor if we want bsp to live.

Most importantly, let's not end in a tie =/

L_P's role claim feels very convinient after a potential role blocker being discussed all day. I don't understand why being a roleblocker meant that Launchpad had to play so aggressively on the first day.

Sadly it was me who has been bringing up a role blocker all day. Which kind of makes me believe L_P's claim. Or at the very least I'm inclined to believe there is a role blocker. As for convenience, that's ultimately how "oh fuck I'm being lynched, better role claim" claims are going to feel.

Actually just thinking out loud here, but I don't think I've ever seen that last minute "oh hey I'm a super important town role" claim actually fail in GAFia. Except with kingkitty. Has there been a game where town bought into such a claim and got fucked over because it turned out to be a scum lying the entire time?

What I find suspicious about this RC is that the roleblocker was part of a plan were he gets lynched and I stay alive. If he would be the RB he could have claimed a lot earlier. That would have made the decision who to lynch very easy. (Me in that case) Now he stated he RC AFTER the pressure was of us but still there are too many coincidences involved here for me to believe that. But in the end, what is for sure in a game of Mafia, right?

Kalor

Wait a second, are people only voting BSP because they find the role claim weird? Since SalvaPot's role claim explains the second kill.

Haly

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

bananaspaceprincess (4)
Palmer_v1
El Topo
Never Forever
*Splinter
Lone_Prodigy
Fireblend
CornBurrito

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Fireblend
Hyperactivity
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
CornBurrito
El Topo
Kalor

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
SalvaPot

Fireblend (0)
nin1000
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (0)
nin1000

Kalor (5)
Palmer_v1
Fireblend
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
cabot

t1442437200z1.png

Wait a second, are people only voting BSP because they find the role claim weird? Since SalvaPot's role claim explains the second kill.

I don't think anyone voted for BSP after Salva's claim. The votes on her may just be people who haven't checked the thread yet.

Fireblend

Banned
So what does everyone think about El Topo?

I think he's been flying under the radar lately. I had a positive impression of him since D1 and up until my reads post, but he's been pretty silent these past few hours, and I question why he stuck to the L_P vote for so long even after I'd posted several arguments justifying lynching bsp instead. I really wanted to see what he had to say about his vote then but he just silently switched his vote to you after the last round of claims.

Kalor

Ok, I was writing up a big post about how I suspect Lone_Prodigy and getting a bunch of evidence for it but the more that I go through old posts the less that I suspect them and started looking at El Topo. However I will post some other stuff from that post that is important.

I am Rick Perry, Smart Guy and I am with the GOP. I am able to double vote twice per game but can change it as many times as I want during the day, as only the most recent vote counts. For now I'm voting for El Topo, I need a bit to write about the posts that I found strange. I just wanted to claim before it is too late.

DOUBLEVOTE: El Topo

And while not related to El Topo, here's something that no-ones brought up.

Well Salva's role claim changes things.

I am Donald Trump. I'm good at construction (look at those towers) so every night I can WALL someone. The walled are roleblocked and protected.

If this is true then we essentially have/had two doctors. Sorian was a straight cut doctor with no weirdness to their role while apparently Lone_Prodigy can roleblock people and protect that person from being killed. Sure, the protecting part makes sense since no-one can get to them but two doctors in a game where we seeminly only have one kill per night (last night being the exception) seems odd.

Haly

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

bananaspaceprincess (4)
Palmer_v1
El Topo
Never Forever
*Splinter
Lone_Prodigy
Fireblend
CornBurrito

Lone_Prodigy (1)
Fireblend
Hyperactivity
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
CornBurrito
El Topo
Kalor

Hyperactivity (0)
Kalor
SalvaPot

Fireblend (0)
nin1000
bananaspaceprincess

CornBurrito (0)
nin1000

Kalor (5)
Palmer_v1
Fireblend
nin1000
SalvaPot
CornBurrito
cabot

El Topo
Kalor
Kalor

t1442437200z1.png

EDIT: Oh Ouro is here, good.

Now I can go back to my Irish animays.

Fireblend

Banned
lol.

Anyone up to switching all of our votes yet again? Who even is left? Hyper? NF? (might as well...)

I'm not sure about El Topo. Is that like a one shot thing, Ouro?

UNVOTE

El Topo

What the fuck is even going on? Everyone now votes for Kalor, who uses his ability to double vote? I don't even.

What is wrong with you guys? I'm GOP.

Kalor

lol.

Anyone up to switching all of our votes yet again? Who even is left? Hyper? NF? (might as well...)

I'm not sure about El Topo. Is that like a one shot thing, Ouro?

Twice per game, switch it as many times during the day as I want.

I'm not sure on El Topo, I needed to claim before we ran out of time and my Lone_Prodigy argument fell apart when I read into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom