• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm going to go to the dead thread and laugh as my comrades eliminate the rest of you chucklefucks

only sorta bitter right now

bmsHK4b.gif

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 3 BEGINS

There was nothing on TV. Nada.
Jon flipped through the channels, exhausted after the insanity of the previous day.
"For only $19.99, you can-"
*kkkkkh*
"Have you asked your doctor about the purple p-"
*kkkkkh*
"Do you want a bigger pe-"
*kkkkkh*
"And breaking news out of New York..."
Ugh, the news, Jon thought. Fine.
He sunk sullenly into the couch as he stared at the talking heads on screen.
"It seems Lone_Prodigy found himself in a bit of trouble. After wandering the street last night in a drunken stupor-"
"Do we know what he was drunk on, Tom?"
"It was his ego, Tara."
"Oooh. That's good stuff."
"Indeed. As he wandered around in a drunken stupor, L_P found himself in East Harlem, or "Little Mexico" to the locals. Upon entering, he was immediately set upon by several hundred immigrants, some of which, I assume, were good people, and they chased him into a nearby construction yard. Finally they cornered him against the side of a building and inched closer to him."
"How horrible. To think L_P was raped and murdered!"
"Not at all, Tara. In fact, they just wanted to have a dialogue with him about fiscal responsibility and mandatory child vaccinations."
"Oh, thank goodness. So L_P is all right?"
"Absolutely not. A freak 5.6 earthquake struck the area, causing the building to topple over, crushing L_P and killing him instantly."
"But there aren't any major fault lines in New York, Tom!"
"I know, but that's not my...fault."
"Ahahahahaha!"
"Ahahahahaha!"
"Oh, you scamp!"
"So yes, L_P is dead and gone. His hair has been bequeathed to his next of kin."

Lone_Prodigy has been eliminated from the game!

Lone_Prodigy said:
You are Donald Trump, The Trump.

You are aligned with the GOP.

You’ve got a plan. And the construction background. Each night you may build a wall around another player to both protect them and roleblock them. PM me the command WALL: <player> in order to use it.

You win when all of the Electorate has been eliminated.

The public game thread is here.
Donald_Trump_6522122.jpg

Day 3 ends at:
t1442696400z1.png

Sorry L_P. I never personally had anything against you!! I guess we were just forced to be enemies :(

Did you see this part from Hypers role description?

“You win when the Electorate outnumbers or equals the GOP numbers”

This is not a “normal” winning condition for a mafia, right? They don’t even have to eliminate all GOP to win????

Palmer_v1

If nobody else received a message from Hyper yesterday, I think it pretty well clears Splinter, right?

He had no reason to send it to a fellow scum after all, and he was trying to use it to clear himself with his hasty claim.

I did this in DR, and dunno if they ever helped there. But I feel like I want to bring these back so here goes.

CRITICAL POST: PLEASE READ IF TOWN ALIGNED

*Note, this post was crafted before the day updated. So some of the information may be outdated.

Yesterday was a very confusing day. However, we got a lot of solid information.

For one, we can further confirm that nin1000 is town aligned. There's a roughly 0% chance that he is a Godfather type. Why? Because he was an early vote against Hyperacivity.
This also extends to Kalor, Fireblend, and Salvapot. All are, in my mind, clearly town aligned. They together put 5 votes against Hyper, making him the majority and sealing his fate. Unless scum is playing a ballsy game, they are not scum.
Lone_Prodigy was a 6th vote who took his off so as not to hammer. You could argue this was a feint, but I really doubt it. Hyper also notably put tons and tons of pressure on Lone_Prodigy yesterday. So its likely that Lone_Prodigy is legit town.

There is one vote for Hyper that I feel very very unconvinced about however. El_Topo's. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179045495&postcount=1670
Why? Because it was made with less than a minute before the day's end. When Hyper already had a majority of votes. It wasn't needed. And since Hyper was already doomed, it would be the perfect opportunity for scum to place a vote on him so as to go "hey I can't be scum! I voted for him!"

This prompted me to look over El_Topo's posts. When Salva claimed, he brought up some ridiculous idea that Salva and BSP might be some neutral/scum aligned lovers. He also continued to push the "Lone_Prodigy is lying" agenda after his claim.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179036657&postcount=1544

Based on this, I STRONGLY believe El Topo is scum aligned. There are a few other players I suspect still, but El Topo is currently my strongest read.

As for who I Hope read? At this point:

Cabot
Nin1000
Fireblend
Lone_Prodigy
Kalor (at worst, he's neutral)
Salvapot

Palmer_v1

Sorry L_P. I never personally had anything against you!! I guess we were just forced to be enemies :(

Did you see this part from Hypers role description?

“You win when the Electorate outnumbers or equals the GOP numbers”

This is not a “normal” winning condition for a mafia, right? They don’t even have to eliminate all GOP to win????

That's normal.

Now that we've gotten an electorate, did your ability turn you into one of us? Can you please place a vote on someone for us?

Fireblend

Banned
Alright then, let's get down to business.

=====This is a pretyped post. It contains no comments about whatever happened at night.=====

So, uh good job on yesterday. The playing field has been leveled and I think it's now even in our favor.

So, I'm sure most of you have already thought of this, but I'm gonna go for it right away. I'm absolutely 100% sure there's scum in this list, from likeliest to unlikeliest:

Palmer_v1
CornBurrito
El Topo
*Splinter
Never Forever->Blarg

In fact, I wouldn't be very surprised if the entire scum team was in that list. Here goes my reasoning:

The list above contains everyone who didn't vote for Hyperactivity, or who did but only after Kalor broke the tie (El Topo). Normally, a list such as this one would be useful by itself, but due to the nature of yesterday's lynch I think this one is even more useful and accurate. Basically, I really doubt any mafia voted for Hyper before Kalor broke the tie; they must have been hoping that not enough people would switch their vote to Hyper so that bsp would be lynched instead, it would have made no sense for mafia to bring the vote closer to a tie.

Now, I said this list is ordered from who I think is likeliest to flip mafia to the unlikeliest. I'll provide my reasons below:

Palmer_v1: This should be obvious. I had my suspicions before, but saying that shouldn't even be necessary now. He tried to build a case against SalvaPot, who we can now confirm as town, right after Salva started the bandwagon against Hyper, who we know is electorate. Either this is a closed case, or he was ridiculously unlucky and framed himself in the most magnificent way possible.
About my first day reads, he said:
Agree. Hyper and Kalor were my early lynch candidates, but Hyper has seemed more pro-twn than Kalor.
He should be everyone's strongest lynch candidate for today, IMO.

CornBurrito: The case against him isn't as solid as Palmer_v1 (how could it possibly be?) but still, it's sort of similar. I think either he or El Topo are electorate. He joined Kalor's first doublevote against El Topo right after he did and never moved his vote. He can say now that he was just following Kalor and was pretty fucking confused about what was going on, but the fact that he hesitated to join the Hyperactivity train and put the vote in risk of getting tied again even after it was obvious Kalor had no chance of being lynched makes him pretty damn suspicious. He was present for the whole thing too.

El Topo: As I said, I think either him and CornBurrito are (very unlucky) town, or one of them is scum but the other isn't. If they were both scum I doubt Corn would have joined Kalor so quickly when he double-voted for El Topo. Anyway, El Topo joined the vote against Hyper but only after the tie had been broken. Maybe as electorate he realized there was no way to stop Hyper from getting lynched without provoking a tie (which would have exposed him) and how obvious it'd be if all of the electorate ended up on the other side of Hyper's vote. He's no newbie. So he voted Hyper to avoid that scenario.

*Splinter: Starting with *Splinter, I think ideally we should get more evidence before lynching this part of the list, but they're still somewhat safe bets, IMO. *Splinter didn't vote for Hyper but before the hyper vote even started he'd already posted something about having to leave the thread, and indeed he didn't post after that. 50-50 chance really; I wouldn't bet on it.

Never Forever: Same as above, super flimsy case. I only mention him because he had an active vote by the time the day ended that wasn't Hyper. But he'd already said he was going to get a replacement. However as I said, he had a vote on bsp and I guess that makes him a little suspicious. He's now Blarg though, and it's going to be difficult to build a case based on NF's case, so uh, maybe just keep an eye on him.

IMO there's simply no reason to even consider voting for anyone not on this list for now, or at least not until someone from the list flips scum.

GOP players: If you agree with me that there has to be mafia hiding there, or maybe even the entire team, then you'll agree that even if someone from the list flips GOP we'll be significantly closer to catching scum on our next attempt considering it's a very short list. I dunno if this is going to be a popular opinion, but either way obviously don't rush the vote, but unless a huge revelation occurs I doubt I'm going to stop pushing this strategy.

Also, a side note. I believe if we want to consider someone outside the list, we should reevaluate BSP's claim. Her role's name is too similar to Hyper's for my comfort. But still, I wouldn't consider that until after the first three players on the list have flipped.

VOTE: Palmer_v1

What do you guys think?

#AliveOnDay3 #LovinIt

Palmer_v1

I did this in DR, and dunno if they ever helped there. But I feel like I want to bring these back so here goes.

CRITICAL POST: PLEASE READ IF TOWN ALIGNED

*Note, this post was crafted before the day updated. So some of the information may be outdated.

Yesterday was a very confusing day. However, we got a lot of solid information.

For one, we can further confirm that nin1000 is town aligned. There's a roughly 0% chance that he is a Godfather type. Why? Because he was an early vote against Hyperacivity.
This also extends to Kalor, Fireblend, and Salvapot. All are, in my mind, clearly town aligned. They together put 5 votes against Hyper, making him the majority and sealing his fate. Unless scum is playing a ballsy game, they are not scum.
Lone_Prodigy was a 6th vote who took his off so as not to hammer. You could argue this was a feint, but I really doubt it. Hyper also notably put tons and tons of pressure on Lone_Prodigy yesterday. So its likely that Lone_Prodigy is legit town.

There is one vote for Hyper that I feel very very unconvinced about however. El_Topo's. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179045495&postcount=1670
Why? Because it was made with less than a minute before the day's end. When Hyper already had a majority of votes. It wasn't needed. And since Hyper was already doomed, it would be the perfect opportunity for scum to place a vote on him so as to go "hey I can't be scum! I voted for him!"

This prompted me to look over El_Topo's posts. When Salva claimed, he brought up some ridiculous idea that Salva and BSP might be some neutral/scum aligned lovers. He also continued to push the "Lone_Prodigy is lying" agenda after his claim.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179036657&postcount=1544

Based on this, I STRONGLY believe El Topo is scum aligned. There are a few other players I suspect still, but El Topo is currently my strongest read.

As for who I Hope read? At this point:

Cabot
Nin1000
Fireblend
Lone_Prodigy
Kalor (at worst, he's neutral)
Salvapot

Is there a reason I'm not cleared by proposing the damn plan that narrowed it down to a 50/50 between hyper and kalor yesterday?

Palmer_v1

Alright then, let's get down to business.

=====This is a pretyped post. It contains no comments about whatever happened at night.=====

So, uh good job on yesterday. The playing field has been leveled and I think it's now even in our favor.

So, I'm sure most of you have already thought of this, but I'm gonna go for it right away. I'm absolutely 100% sure there's scum in this list, from likeliest to unlikeliest:

Palmer_v1
CornBurrito
El Topo
*Splinter
Never Forever->Blarg

In fact, I wouldn't be very surprised if the entire scum team was in that list. Here goes my reasoning:

The list above contains everyone who didn't vote for Hyperactivity, or who did but only after Kalor broke the tie (El Topo). Normally, a list such as this one would be useful by itself, but due to the nature of yesterday's lynch I think this one is even more useful and accurate. Basically, I really doubt any mafia voted for Hyper before Kalor broke the tie; they must have been hoping that not enough people would switch their vote to Hyper so that bsp would be lynched instead, it would have made no sense for mafia to bring the vote closer to a tie.

Now, I said this list is ordered from who I think is likeliest to flip mafia to the unlikeliest. I'll provide my reasons below:

Palmer_v1: This should be obvious. I had my suspicions before, but saying that shouldn't even be necessary now. He tried to build a case against SalvaPot, who we can now confirm as town, right after Salva started the bandwagon against Hyper, who we know is electorate. Either this is a closed case, or he was ridiculously unlucky and framed himself in the most magnificent way possible.
About my first day reads, he said:

He should be everyone's strongest lynch candidate for today, IMO.

CornBurrito: The case against him isn't as solid as Palmer_v1 (how could it possibly be?) but still, it's sort of similar. I think either he or El Topo are electorate. He joined Kalor's first doublevote against El Topo right after he did and never moved his vote. He can say now that he was just following Kalor and was pretty fucking confused about what was going on, but the fact that he hesitated to join the Hyperactivity train and put the vote in risk of getting tied again even after it was obvious Kalor had no chance of being lynched makes him pretty damn suspicious. He was present for the whole thing too.

El Topo: As I said, I think either him and CornBurrito are (very unlucky) town, or one of them is scum but the other isn't. If they were both scum I doubt Corn would have joined Kalor so quickly when he double-voted for El Topo. Anyway, El Topo joined the vote against Hyper but only after the tie had been broken. Maybe as electorate he realized there was no way to stop Hyper from getting lynched without provoking a tie (which would have exposed him) and how obvious it'd be if all of the electorate ended up on the other side of Hyper's vote. He's no newbie. So he voted Hyper to avoid that scenario.

*Splinter: Starting with *Splinter, I think ideally we should get more evidence before lynching this part of the list, but they're still somewhat safe bets, IMO. *Splinter didn't vote for Hyper but before the hyper vote even started he'd already posted something about having to leave the thread, and indeed he didn't post after that. 50-50 chance really; I wouldn't bet on it.

Never Forever: Same as above, super flimsy case. I only mention him because he had an active vote by the time the day ended that wasn't Hyper. But he'd already said he was going to get a replacement. However as I said, he had a vote on bsp and I guess that makes him a little suspicious. He's now Blarg though, and it's going to be difficult to build a case based on NF's case, so uh, maybe just keep an eye on him.

IMO there's simply no reason to even consider voting for anyone not on this list for now, or at least not until someone from the list flips scum.

GOP players: If you agree with me that there has to be mafia hiding there, or maybe even the entire team, then you'll agree that even if someone from the list flips GOP we'll be significantly closer to catching scum on our next attempt considering it's a very short list. I dunno if this is going to be a popular opinion, but either way obviously don't rush the vote, but unless a huge revelation occurs I doubt I'm going to stop pushing this strategy.

Also, a side note. I believe if we want to consider someone outside the list, we should reevaluate BSP's claim. Her role's name is too similar to Hyper's for my comfort. But still, I wouldn't consider that until after the first three players on the list have flipped.

VOTE: Palmer_v1

What do you guys think?

#AliveOnDay3 #LovinIt

So you think I'm scum, and started yesterday by IMMEDIATELY proposing a plan that gave us a 50/50 shot at one of my scum teammates?

Fireblend

Banned
So you think I'm scum, and started yesterday by IMMEDIATELY proposing a plan that gave us a 50/50 shot at one of my scum teammates?

Can't you recognize my points make sense? You proposing something when the day started isn't as solid as what you did when it was ending. Anything can happen during the day.

Still, feel free to discuss my ideas, we've got 48 hours or so. Do you agree with the rest of my thoughts?

That's normal.

Now that we've gotten an electorate, did your ability turn you into one of us? Can you please place a vote on someone for us?

I did not receive a message but maybe I just won't get one. So let's find out!! :)

VOTE: Fireblend

Don't worry will unvote if it goes through. But Fireblend was just too mean to me!

Fireblend

Banned
I did not receive a message but maybe I just won't get one. So let's find out!! :)

VOTE: Fireblend

Don't worry will unvote if it goes through. But Fireblend was just too mean to me!

No harm done :p I was going after you because you were suspicious. I will again if I live long enough that you're worth considering again, but for now you're off the hook. I doubt you turned into a player if you didn't get a PM but sure, it's worth trying.

Let me know what you think of my long post above though ^

YZvOK8v.png

sup nerds

I dunno anything about human politics so I founded my own city-state underwater

anyway I can't wait to be the next Celebrity Apprentice, my charity is the best non-profit organization that requires money

We should call ourselves Team B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom