• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, okay, wait.

5 remain.

SalvaPot
CornBurrito
Blargonaut
*Splinter
Fireblend​

I want to get one thing straight; I'm what seems to be the last GOP Loser, apparently surrounded by no less than 4 power roles (!):

- 1 of which is 50% confirmed; SalvaPot was proven to NOT be able to hammer the vote. And, earlier in the game, SalvaPot claimed responsibility for Sorian the Doctor's death, saying that Sorian visited him to protect him, but that he unfortunately killed him due to his alleged passive uncontrollable RNG 50/50-chance Veteran 3-shot power

- 1 of which is confirmed to exist, but which Fireblend only CLAIMED to be; Fireblend claimed to be the Silencer who silenced cabot, but keep in mind he hasn't proven this at all

- *Splinter claimed to have a 2-shot ability to request NK-immunity

- CornBurrito claimed to be a 1-shot Vigilante and took credit for BSP's death. I thought this would be the final double kill, but then another one happens tonight?!

Who do I believe?

SalvaPot

3 out of the 5 of us are killers?

What is this?

We have 4 scenarios of how both kills are possible.

Scenario 1: One Scum player made both kills.
There is only one scum left and is able to do his regular kill and an extra ability kill.

Scenario 2: Two scum players did both kills.
Similar to the one above, only made the kills are made by both.

Scenario 3: A Scum and a Neutral did one kill each.
Possible, but unlikely since I really don´t think there is a neutral this late in the game.

Impossible scenario:
Scenario 4: One/Two scums and a Vigilante did one kill each.
This one makes no sense because BOTH players that died were confirmed town.

Scenario 5: Two scums and a Neutral did one kill each.
Again impossible since that will put town in a impossible to win situation.

Fireblend

Banned
We have 4 scenarios of how both kills are possible.

Scenario 1: One Scum player made both kills.
There is only one scum left and is able to do his regular kill and an extra ability kill.

Scenario 2: Two scum players did both kills.
Similar to the one above, only made the kills are made by both.

Scenario 3: A Scum and a Neutral did one kill each.
Possible, but unlikely since I really don´t think there is a neutral this late in the game.

Impossible scenario:
Scenario 4: One/Two scums and a Vigilante did one kill each.
This one makes no sense because BOTH players that died were confirmed town.

Scenario 5: Two scums and a Neutral did one kill each.
Again impossible since that will put town in a impossible to win situation.

I said it before, but we have to assume scenario #2 because in that scenario a mislynch makes us lose the game.

Scenario 4 isn't impossible Salva. A neutral wouldn't have to aim for scum this late in the game would they?

If there is 1 neutral 1 scum 3 town. If we mislynch it becomes 1 neutral 1 scum 1 town. Then neutral needs to just kill scum while scum kills town. Or if neutral and scum target town, it ends in a draw right?

SalvaPot

I think cornburrito and blargonaut are our last mafia players. Blarg vote and lack of response is making me think this is likely, I´ll have to read more in their interactions both I think is really likely this is the case.

I was thinking about corn´s role and he claimed to have a vigilante role, so he did kill bsp, but maybe he lied about the amount of shots. Based on the scenario above if he did lie but was town-aligned, he would have not killed either cabot or kalor, he would have targeted any other player. So if he lied about his alignment and killed any of them... he is scum.

But then, there is still the problem of multiple secondary kills in a mafia player, that seems a bit OP.

SalvaPot

Scenario 4 isn't impossible Salva. A neutral wouldn't have to aim for scum this late in the game would they?

If there is 1 neutral 1 scum 3 town. If we mislynch it becomes 1 neutral 1 scum 1 town. Then neutral needs to just kill scum while scum kills town. Or if neutral and scum target town, it ends in a draw right?

Scenario 4 says a scum and a vigilante (Town) did one kill each. What scenario are you referring to?

You're flat-out wrong, Salva. I claimed Jeb Bush and that's the truth.

My apologies if I've been a bit distant and reckless, but I'm trying to fully grasp being surrounded by killers atm

You're flat-out wrong, Salva. I claimed Jeb Bush and that's the truth.

My apologies if I've been a bit distant and reckless, but I'm trying to fully grasp being surrounded by killers atm

The problem is everyone has a candidate name now except Salva and I. That means if you, Fire, or Splinter are scum then scum may actually have gotten role names to use.

Though Fire and Splinter claimed so late they could have picked people by process of elimination.

Fireblend

Banned
Scum didn't need role names. There are so many candidates they could have just pick any that were left. I mean, Ron Paul isn't even running. And Roger Ayles isn't a candidate.

Wait Fire doesn't have a candidate name either. He has some ex-CEO?

I can understand Ron Paul (Salva) and Roger Ailes. But why an ex-CEO? Were they notable?

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm... if it has stayed there this long one of you is probably scum, right? Again,

*Splinter is scum & Blarg is town:
- This means scum #2 could be waiting for someone else to vote for corn and hammer him, immediately winning the game.

*Splinter is town & Blarg is town too:
- Scum could win the game right now if they both vote for Blarg, ending the day.

*Splinter is town & Blarg is scum:
- This also explains why scum isn't hammering the vote.

*Splinter is scum & Blarg is scum:
- ??????? *Splinter is maybe trying to confuse us to make us think one of the above scenarios is correct when in reality both are scum.

I think scenario #1 and #3 are the likeliest ones, but who the hell knows.

*Splinter

Exactly.

#2 I very highly doubt since my vote has been up a while now, and everyone has posted in that time.

#1 and #4 I personally don't need to consider

That leaves #3

SalvaPot

Hmm... if it has stayed there this long one of you is probably scum, right? Again,

*Splinter is scum & Blarg is town:
- This means scum #2 could be waiting for someone else to vote for corn and hammer him, immediately winning the game.

*Splinter is town & Blarg is town too:
- Scum could win the game right now if they both vote for Blarg, ending the day.

*Splinter is town & Blarg is scum:
- This also explains why scum isn't hammering the vote.

*Splinter is scum & Blarg is scum:
- ??????? *Splinter is maybe trying to confuse us to make us think one of the above scenarios is correct when in reality both are scum.

I think scenario #1 and #3 are the likeliest ones, but who the hell knows.

I already gave you the answer for #4
Blarg is scum & Corn is scum:
They are baiting a counter vote (someone voting for a player other than they), and then they both hammer the vote on that innocent player.

*Splinter

Note that this should be the same for Blarg, why isn't he still voting me?

Actually seriously why aren't you Blarg? That doesn't even make sense if you are scum?

And if y'all have noticed, I'm the only one here not claiming to be some power-tripping angst monster. I'm the last Ordinary Townsfolk left. If one of you is a Loser like I am, then please, kindly tell me so I can recite to you the Will Smith Shrek monologue because I'm in some serious Hollywood adaptation I Am Legend filth right now

SalvaPot

So lets go through what has happened today regarding votes.

Blarg voted corn
Nothing happened
Splinter voted blarg.
Splinter unvotes instantly.
Blargonaut votes splinter
Splinter votes blargonaut again.
Blargonaut unvotes. For some reason he unvotes fire twice, even if he never voted for him.
Nothing happened
Blarg votes splinter
nothing happened
Blarg unvotes splinter

So, based on this:
-Me and Fire did not get any votes on us.
-Blarg has voted for Corn and Splinter, once corn, twice splinter.
-Splinter has kept his vote on Blarg all along.

Its clear all of us is here playing, so mafia can hammer the vote easily if there are still two scum left.

I want to explain what this mean in my next post.

SalvaPot

Let´s go through what happened and why:

So Blarg did a first vote.

If he is town: This is dumb, because if he had picked wrong, scum had enough time to hammer. But blarg been blarg we could justify he didn´t know what he was doing. But in the case he has voted a player that is actually scum (Corn) then scum can´t hammer because corn would be a scum player.

If he is scum, this is smart, because if someone follows his lynch he can get a town lynched and win.

So if Corn is a blarg teammate, and someone else had voted for corn, blarg could remove his vote and say he didn´t want to turbo him. If corn was town, he would have won.

*Splinter

Salva I don't understand the last sentence... Do you mean "If Corn was town, Blarg would have won"? (Since you are talking about someone joining Blarg's vote, right?)

SalvaPot

Now, the Splinter vote. For a moment there Splinter voted Blargonaut. And a hammer didn´t happen, again. Meanwhile Blarg voted Splinter. That means, for a while there, we had two votes at the same time, Blarg and Splinter.

Neither was hammered by scum because they couldn´t.

Lets see scenarios of why this is.

Blarg and Splinter are town:
Almost impossible, the fact that both have a vote means scum could have turbo either of them. That means at least one of them is scum. Only way it makes sense is if there is only 1 scum left.

Blarg is scum, Splinter is town.
Blarg has a vote on splinter, so they need one more to hammer.

Blarg is town, Splinter is scum.
Splinter has a vote on blarg, so they need one more to hammer.

Both are scum. That means corn is town.
Possible, since they could be waiting for someone to vote someone else and then hammer that vote.

So lets add corn to the mix.

Blarg and Corn are scum, Splinter is town.
Blarg votes corn as a bait, splinter instead of taking the bait votes blarg, plan gets compromised.

Corn and Splinter are scum, Blarg is town.
Blarg gets lucky and votes corn, splinter takes heat off corn by voting blarg.

We can deduce from this that we have, for sure, one scum between this three.

SalvaPot

A few more scenarios assuming only one of them is scum.

All three are town.
Impossible, if all three were town the day would have ended by now, no questions.

Blarg is scum, corn and splinter are town
Blarg voted corn and later splinter with the hope that someone will follow and another player (Either me or fire) would hammer.

Corn is scum, splinter and blarg are town.
Impossible. Blarg got lucky with his vote on him, but when blarg removed the vote and splinter voted for blarg, corn and his teammate could have hammered.

Splinter is scum, corn and blarg are town.
Possible, Splinter takes the chance to vote blargonaut and waits for someone to vote for him, then the teammate hammers.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm leaving work now (had to stay here late) and I'm going out so I'll probably not have much time for this thread until tomorrow.

Pls no turbo.

SalvaPot

Salva I don't understand the last sentence... Do you mean "If Corn was town, Blarg would have won"? (Since you are talking about someone joining Blarg's vote, right?)

Yes, if blarg is scum and corn is town, then another vote by a townie would have let him the teammate hammer for a scum win.

The two fireblend unvotes were weird. I almost want to think he was trying to trick people into thinking there was a vote on fireblend, and see if people would try to hammer fireblend.

*Splinter

Splinter is scum, corn and blarg are town.
Possible, Splinter takes the chance to vote blargonaut and waits for someone to vote for him, then the teammate hammers.
In this situation, we would have hammered Corn? It's the same as the "Corn is scum, Splinter and Blarg are town situation"

Apart from that it makes sense. So out of us three, it's either:
1) Blarg
2) Me and Blarg
3) Corn and Blarg
4) Me and Corn

SalvaPot

In this situation, we would have hammered Corn? It's the same as the "Corn is scum, Splinter and Blarg are town situation"

Apart from that it makes sense. So out of us three, it's either:
1) Blarg
2) Me and Blarg
3) Corn and Blarg
4) Me and Corn

Pretty much.

A few more scenarios assuming only one of them is scum.

All three are town.
Impossible, if all three were town the day would have ended by now, no questions.

Wait, what? I don't understand this.

So you're saying that if CornBurrito,*Splinter and I are all GOP, then the Day would have ended by now? How?

Ourob said:
You are _______, Loser.

You are aligned with the GOP.

You’ve got no chance power, but you can still vote!

You win when all of the Electorate has been eliminated.

The GOP wins when all of the Electorate are eliminated, not when they outnumber them.

Between the 5 of us left, if there's 3 GOP and 2 Electorate left, GOP doesn't automatically win.

Hyperactivity said:
You are an Atheist.

You are aligned with the Electorate.

Your head explodes when presented with cases of “religious persecution” masqueraded as bouts of “holy shit, we’re losing our influence.” So you’ve decided to mess with them. Each night, you may send a message, in the name of God, to a player of your choosing. PM me with the command FSM: <player> <message> during the night.

You win when the Electorate outnumbers or equals the GOP numbers.

Electorate Kill
You or any of your team may conduct the factional kill during the night. This move is not restricted by your use of a power role, unless otherwise specified. PM me with KILL: <player> to conduct the kill.

The public game thread is here.

The Electorate chat is here: <REDACTED>

It's the Electorate that wins by numbers, by either equaling to or outnumbering GOP.

SalvaPot

Wait, what? I don't understand this.

So you're saying that if CornBurrito,*Splinter and I are all GOP, then the Day would have ended by now? How?

The GOP wins when all of the Electorate are eliminated, not when they outnumber them.

Between the 5 of us left, if there's 3 GOP and 2 Electorate left, GOP doesn't automatically win.

It's the Electorate that wins by numbers, by either equaling to or outnumbering GOP.

If all three of you are GOP, that means me and Fire are scum. And we have had plenty of opportunities to hammer the vote, me voting first and fire voting second, since again I can´t hammer the vote, remember?

Since we didn´t take the obvious chance to hammer the vote and win, that means one of you 3 has to be Electorate, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom