• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Beat Agents...The insane ramblings of Mobius Pigeon (now with YTMND)

maus

Scenester said:
sk8er boi >>>pisses and shits all over>>>>> every 'Stones' song ever

BTW this is not my opinion, just a cold hard fact

probably the worst thing i've ever read on gaf.

way to maintain the image of whatever awful gimmick you're doing with the scenester thing, though i'm sure you are an unbearable, trendy douche irl anyway.

BSS

Much of the memorisation requirement is avoided when you realise that the distance between each beat is often the best indication of when it should be hit.

BSS said:
Much of the memorisation requirement is avoided when you realise that the distance between each beat is often the best indication of when it should be hit.

Tell that to JJF on Sweatin'. It is the single hardest song in the game (JJF Hard ROCK is nothing by comparison.)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The people who insist that there is memorization in rhythm games tend to be those who don't play them.

dog$ said:
The people who insist that there is memorization in rhythm games tend to be those who don't play them.

I'm guessing you don't have the slightest clue what people are talking about here when they talk about memorization.

linsivvi

dog$ said:

If those people are referring to games like IIDX, then I'd totally agree. Coz every expert players play with random mode turned on.

EBA is an entirely different beast, and getting familiar with the note patterns and placements is a big part of the game.

Hyoushi said:
Wait, what?

The difficulty of JJF Sweatin' does not stem from the speed of the beats, ditto JJF Hard ROCK. By the time you've got there, you're well versed in hitting beats at an extremely fast speed - and in the case of Hard ROCK, you're also used to the smaller beats by now since you've essentially played through the entire game a second (fourth, actually...) time with it.

The true terror of JJF Sweatin' lies in the third and fourth section, namely in the huge 12+ beat lines. In Sweatin', these appear too far in advance, and thus you have a huge cluster of beats all grouped together. Either you have extremely honed reaction times, or you have to remember the beats in the order in which they appeared, because otherwise that means you miss and that means you die.

JJF Hard ROCK? There's only three or four, max five, beats on the screen at any one time - picking the next beat is barely a challenge.

I spent three hours on JJF Sweatin', I spent three (or was it four?) tries on JJF Hard ROCK.

donny2112

salva said:
Hard Rock mode requires alot of memorization

But you've already memorized it in
Sweatin'. Hard Rock = Sweatin' upside-down.

MobiusPigeon said:
I probablly go as far as saying that this may be my favorite DS title now. :lol I guess i owe GAF. :lol

Welcome to the club! Sorry about not mentioning the headphones earlier. I have been using headphones on the DS since Electroplankton, so I never even think about playing without them. I think I tried EBA once without headphones, found I couldn't hear the song as well, and never tried it again. :lol

GAF Back History

Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the best game for the Nintendo DS

Official Elite Beat Agents Thread: EBA>Ouendan

The Official Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 Thread

I've heard that Ouendan doesn't let you skip the intros, which would totally stink when you replay a song 20+ times to get a perfect. Therefore, I've never gotten it. Ouendan 2 does, and it rocks. There is only one song in English, but you can make out the gist of the stories. It's at least as good as EBA, and I'd definitely recommend picking it up. :D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Everyone bows down to EBA eventually. Everyone. And soon, on the 13th of this month, European gamers who didn't import will be able to experience the joy of this title. I will personally go to stores, pick up copies and place them in front of other games, creating a wall of EBA awesomeness.

MobiusPigeon said:
:lol whaaaaaaaaat??? :lol i was playing without headphones and couldnt hear all the beats. once i put headphones on i breezed thru the song and loved it!
4yra991.gif

Hyoushi said:
Wait, what?

He's right, JJF Sweatin' is at least twice as hard as JJF Hard Rock. That's because in Hard Rock there's no delay between circles appearing and the beats.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I dunno. People always say JJF Sweatin' is harder than JJF Hard Rock. I gotta disagree. It took me an hour or two to beat JJF Sweatin', then I put the game down for a few months. I've tried it on Hard Rock about 30 times and haven't beaten it yet.

Top Bottom