• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

The new Basement singles that have been coming out are fucking sick. Their new album has be pumped.

Also finally got around to listening to Modern Baseball's The Perfect Cast EP. Surprising it took me so long because I love MOBO so much. EP is tight.

Man, I wish I could get into Dealer. For some reason the album didn't hit me at all. I need to listen to it a bunch more probably.

It's alright no-one is making you need to like it :lol

With that said it is an awesome album. I love post-rock and post-rock infuenced music so Dealer was right up my fucking alley

The weak Canadian dollar has made buying records so fucking expensive.

I wanted to pre-order the new Frameworks EP on vinyl from topshelf but the price + shipping to Canada + currency conversion is just too much.

My local record store is okay but the emo/screamo/hardcore section is pretty weak.

kiguel182

Lately I'm been listening to Microwave. Their album Stovall is great. Very energetic with a ton of raw emotion.

I would recommend people to check it out.

R-7262183-1437456980-7038.jpeg.jpg

The weak Canadian dollar has made buying records so fucking expensive.

I wanted to pre-order the new Frameworks EP on vinyl from topshelf but the price + shipping to Canada + currency conversion is just too much.

My local record store is okay but the emo/screamo/hardcore section is pretty weak.

That's what discogs is for. But it really wouldn't help with the CAD being weak for you.

More new music so soon? These guys are machines. Not that I'm complaining.

THere was an interview I read with Derrick about how they have like a whole release schedule planned of a ton of songs they have been sitting on and how they were sitting on Whenever, If Ever for like a year or 2 almost wanting to release it. Chris Teti one of their guitarists works at a studio so they record a lot but apparently they have quite a few songs that are ready to be released

Anyone have recommendations for a guy who like The Hotelier, Jimmy Eat World, and The Weakerthans?

Young Jesus
Oso Oso
Better Off
You Blew It ( I recommend Grow Up Dude, but their output is pretty consistent)
Adventures (not sure why there's only two songs on there off the album)
Mineral Girls
Prawn

I listened to this for the first time yesterday and it's really good and interesting. Will need to listen to it a bunch more times for it to sink in but great recommendation.

Still, no one can touch The Hotelier ahah

Glad you like it. Check out Mineral Girls linked above!

kiguel182

THere was an interview I read with Derrick about how they have like a whole release schedule planned of a ton of songs they have been sitting on and how they were sitting on Whenever, If Ever for like a year or 2 almost wanting to release it. Chris Teti one of their guitarists works at a studio so they record a lot but apparently they have quite a few songs that are ready to be released

I had no idea. That's pretty awesome to hear. A steady stream of TWIABP music sounds pretty great.

Young Jesus
Glad you like it. Check out Mineral Girls linked above!

I will! Rest of your recommendations are pretty awesome too. Better Off especially, so good.

Broken World Fest 2

SNOWING REUNION!

So this is in Pittsburgh. It is Derrick Shanholtzer-Dvorak's label's (Founder/guitarist TWIABP) festival in Pitt. This is in the middle of the Into it. Over it. Tour. Fucking killer lineup and of course a Snowing reunion. So if you are in the area GO.

Sad I won't be able to see Snowing but I am for sure going to see the Into it./TWIABP tour.

Kawl_USC

Broken World Fest 2

SNOWING REUNION!

So this is in Pittsburgh. It is Derrick Shanholtzer-Dvorak's label's (Founder/guitarist TWIABP) festival in Pitt. This is in the middle of the Into it. Over it. Tour. Fucking killer lineup and of course a Snowing reunion. So if you are in the area GO.

Sad I won't be able to see Snowing but I am for sure going to see the Into it./TWIABP tour.

Planning on catching those two in New Orleans when they run through. I'm excited as hell.

Planning on catching those two in New Orleans when they run through. I'm excited as hell.

Yeah I am stoked. Glad Katie is healthy again since she missed last tour. Felt weird without her there. Also seeing Foxing again in the Spring. Pretty fucking stoked. Even outside of emo there are some killer tours coming up.

Also does anyone else feel that No EQ, the new song from Into it. Over it. sounds straight from a Blink-182 song? I dig the song but I just can't get over how similar it feels to a Blink song. I should mention that mainly the beginning is what feels like a Blink song

Micapo

So thanks to this thread I discovered Foxing a month or a couple before album # 2 Dealer got released and both that one and obviously the Albatross have surprisingly been my most listened to albums the last 6 months as I haven't been listening to emo for several years.

I've watched some (a lot) youtube videos of them live recently and damn, they seem pretty great live so hopefully I'll get to see them live soon.

All rambling aside I just wanted to thank Emo-Gaf for recommending them because they're my favorite band atm.

So thanks to this thread I discovered Foxing a month or a couple before album # 2 Dealer got released and both that one and obviously the Albatross have surprisingly been my most listened to albums the last 6 months as I haven't been listening to emo for several years.

I've watched some (a lot) youtube videos of them live recently and damn, they seem pretty great live so hopefully I'll get to see them live soon.

All rambling aside I just wanted to thank Emo-Gaf for recommending them because they're my favorite band atm.

You're welcome buddy. See my post on the last page. They are on tour this spring so go if you can. I highly recommend it. So fucking good.

Also does anyone else here collect vinyl?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
You're welcome buddy. See my post on the last page. They are on tour this spring so go if you can. I highly recommend it. So fucking good.

Also does anyone else here collect vinyl?

Fuck yeah! Got a small-ish collection that's growing rapidly.

Also does anyone else feel that No EQ, the new song from Into it. Over it. sounds straight from a Blink-182 song? I dig the song but I just can't get over how similar it feels to a Blink song. I should mention that mainly the beginning is what feels like a Blink song

Yeah I hear that. Honestly, often when friends or family hear the music I listen to they say "hey this sounds kinda like that Blink 182 band" and I so badly want to enlighten them to how wrong they are and then I really think about I and I'm like "..... Damn it, yeah it kinda does"

Yeah I hear that. Honestly, often when friends or family hear the music I listen to they say "hey this sounds kinda like that Blink 182 band" and I so badly want to enlighten them to how wrong they are and then I really think about I and I'm like "..... Damn it, yeah it kinda does"

well for the most part the genre doesn't sound like Blink at all unless you listen more to the pop-punk side of emo. I actually still love Blink's S/T but anyway the drums just really sound Travis Barker like.

This right here is what I can only describe as Japanese Deryck Whibley from Sum 41 playing folk-punk which sounds a lot like Algernon Cadawallader.

Pretty fucking good though. Not exactly emo but I am sure a couple of you all will enjoy.

Basement's new album, Promise Everything is now available.

I actually really fucking like it. I haven't been the biggest fan of their older stuff but I am glad I pulled the trigger on the Yellow/orange version of the LP. Fantastic album so far.

Also I noticed no one has ever posted about Bay Faction. I higly recommend them

Bay Faction- Jasper Wildlife Assoc.

kiguel182

I had meant to come here and ask about when the Basement album would be out actually. I've been hearing good things about it.

Their old stuff never grabbed me but it was never bad either. I will definitely listen to the new one when I have the chance.

I had meant to come here and ask about when the Basement album would be out actually. I've been hearing good things about it.

Their old stuff never grabbed me but it was never bad either. I will definitely listen to the new one when I have the chance.

Yeah it is a really great record. Been listening to it a bunch since getting the download last night. Aquasun I think is my favorite track but it is a really tight record.

Basement's new album, Promise Everything is now available.

I actually really fucking like it. I haven't been the biggest fan of their older stuff but I am glad I pulled the trigger on the Yellow/orange version of the LP. Fantastic album so far.

I got the light and dark blue one, liking it a lot so far as well.

Also picked up Shed by Title Fight from my local record store. What a record that is, holy sheeeit. I liked what they did on Hyperview but their older shit is great as well.

Teen Suicide officially announced a new record and released a new video today too. Good shit.

Yeah Evan has done a great job so far. I already got tix to see him and TWIABP, and Standards on vinyl. Really looking forward to it.

Also Pinegrove is going to be with them so it's a pretty killer lineup.

kiguel182

So, Say Anything is streaming their new record on their website. It's releasing tomorrow.

http://www.sayanythingmusic.com/

The reception has been polarizing to say the least. Personally I like it. It has an interesting mix of new stuff with classic Say Anything music. I can see why people would hate it but it works for me.

So, Say Anything is streaming their new record on their website. It's releasing tomorrow.

The reception has been polarizing to say the least. Personally I like it. It has an interesting mix of new stuff with classic Say Anything music. I can see why people would hate it but it works for me.

Not feelin it.

But I haven't been feeling much Say Anything shit since ...Is a Real Boy in 2004 so its not super surprising.

Sobriquet

Oh man this pretty bad. Couldn't even make it through the first song. I've been wanting to give them a shot because a friend's band is touring with them soon. What's their best record?

kiguel182

I have never been a fan of Say Anything and this doesn't help...

it is.. interesting?

Not feelin it.

But I haven't been feeling much Say Anything shit since ...Is a Real Boy in 2004 so its not super surprising.

Oh man this pretty bad. Couldn't even make it through the first song. I've been wanting to give them a shot because a friend's band is touring with them soon. What's their best record?

I like it and nobody understands me. That just makes me more emo! This record is Kanye West approved so I have Kanye at my side. Can't beat that.

Also, Is a Real Boy is their best record. Amazing record, probably one of my favourite records of all time. And congrats to your friends, I will give them a listen!

Top Bottom