• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Lender

Yo so does anyone else listen to Prawn? How the fuck have I not listened to them before tonight. I checked out the Moving Mountains/Prawn split finally since I love Moving Mountains but fuck Prawn is the shit.

Prawn is awesome. DIscovered them last year, so so good.

Yo so does anyone else listen to Prawn? How the fuck have I not listened to them before tonight. I checked out the Moving Mountains/Prawn split finally since I love Moving Mountains but fuck Prawn is the shit.

Definitely agree about Prawn. I have all the releases on vinyl except the Moving Mountains split. I started listening with False Institutions and saw them after they released You Can Just Leave it All. Check out everything on their bandcamp.

Prawn is awesome. DIscovered them last year, so so good.

Definitely agree about Prawn. I have all the releases on vinyl except the Moving Mountains split. I started listening with False Institutions and saw them after they released You Can Just Leave it All. Check out everything on their bandcamp.

Prawn rules.

Their track 'Why You Always Leave a Note' from their split with Joie De Vivre is so good.

Yeah I have checked out all their stuff already haha been listening non-stop.

Really happy I found them

ohkay

I saw Into It. Over It. a few days ago when they played with the Get Up Kids (who were fucking fantastic) having never listened to them and they were pretty good live. I'm gonna have to give them a listen

I saw Into It. Over It. a few days ago when they played with the Get Up Kids (who were fucking fantastic) having never listened to them and they were pretty good live. I'm gonna have to give them a listen

You might also want to check out Their / They're / There --its a side project the singer of Into It. Over It. does with Mike Kinsella (on drums) and some guitarist I've never heard of (but is awesome). They only have two EPs so far, but they're working on an LP.

This is everything they've done so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m98pIKAYwbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MZulOXwcY

You might also want to check out Their / They're / There --its a side project the singer of Into It. Over It. does with Mike Kinsella (on drums) and some guitarist I've never heard of (but is awesome). They only have two EPs so far, but they're working on an LP.

This is everything they've done so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m98pIKAYwbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MZulOXwcY

It's not even fair that Mike Kinsella is that good of a drummer. Like yeah just be good at everything why don't ya.

Anyone listen to the new Pretend album Tapestry'd Life? It's pretty tough to describe but the instrumental work on it is crazy.
Yeah I listened to it because I always check out the new releases on top shelf but it wasn't really for me. I'll give it another shot though.

It's not even fair that Mike Kinsella is that good of a drummer. Like yeah just be good at everything why don't ya.
Their / They're / There on the other hand is great! I lined up early on record store day 2013 to get their EP and was definitely worth it. Such a good record. Give us a full length soon!

It's kind of silly isn't it? But he was the drummer in the first band--with his brother, when he was just like, 16--and he's been a drummer in some others too.

His solo project, Owen is pretty sweet too.

Owen is how I stumbled into the whole emo game. Not sure if I quite like where he's heading, if the cover album tracks are an indication, but I'll keep following him without question.

I can't get enough of I Do Perceive, At Home with Owen, and Ghost Town. I listen to everything else regularly enough too.

xJavonta

Banned
Have y'all listened to Better Off's new album yet? Not sure if it counts as emo but either way I figured the people in this thread would enjoy it. so good.

Also, The Starting Line is releasing a new song Thursday

Have y'all listened to Better Off's new album yet? Not sure if it counts as emo but either way I figured the people in this thread would enjoy it. so good.

Better Off is probably close enough. More pop-punky/alternative to me but I am sure it will be welcomed enough.

They are pretty solid though

kiguel182

Better Off's record is great for sure. Not sure if it's top 10 material yet but great none the less.

well, for me the best emo albums for this year are The World is a Beautiful Place's Harmlesness and Foxing's Dealer, if you guys still haven't listened to them, you absolutely should do it nao!

Duesy

This may have been covered already, or may even be the wrong place, but who else likes this State Champs record?

This may have been covered already, or may even be the wrong place, but who else likes this State Champs record?

Pop Punk is cool. I really liked The Finer Things but I wasn't too stoked about the new State Champs album though. It feels a bit too over-produced or something. This hasn't been the best year for Pop Punk with the disappointment I felt from the new Wonder Years album. Luckily the emo releases have been solid.

Maybe a song or two. I'm pretty new to the emo game. Tigers Jaw and Hotelier were my first real albums I dug in the genre.

So these are my two favorites from Foxing's two LPs. Rory is their most famous song, but I would say The Albatross is a for sure emo revival staple. Dealer is an amazing album but it is more post-emo but an amazing album nonetheless and the song Eiffel is from it.

But if you have only listened to Tigers Jaw and The Hotelier then you have a lot of catching up to do lol Home Like Noplace is There is fucking amazing though, so good start with that

https://youtu.be/j-O6x2nF768- Rory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n26lOHrQoSY -Eiffel

3TyOXYp.jpg

Into It. Over It. is amazing! Proper is probably my favorite album from him but Intersection is really good too. Also check out Pet Symmetry that's another side project he has going on.

So The Hotelier's Home Like No Place Is There is one of my most listened to albums of 2015.

I've listened to a lot of other recommendations in this thread and none have grabbed me quite like that album has.. what would you guys say is something similar musically to that album that I can try out?

Top Bottom