• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Thread 2: Evil doesn't prevail July 13th - Final day

Jomjom

Banned
Maybe he uses the stick? I've seen some pad players (I think Wolfkrone was one of them) play with the analog stick.

Wow that's even more nuts. I cant use the analog stick for anything but 3d fighters. I can't even wrap my head around how people use the analog stick when you've gotta do quick double taps or whatnot.

I'm not really into the competitive scene at all, even though I love fighting games, but it's cool to see so many of my favorite characters being used by the winning players and by a lot of high ranking finishers.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Wow that's even more nuts. I cant use the analog stick for anything but 3d fighters. I can't even wrap my head around how people use the analog stick when you've gotta do quick double taps or whatnot.
Check the input display on this. When you see two different directions appearing at the same time, it means he's using the d-pad and stick simultaneously. And it's on a stock 360 pad.

Nothing really surprises me anymore.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LoL at nerfing Rose.

On the KoF Commentary: It was so sad, when the "YOUR EVO 2014 WINNER!" winning blow came up, yet the commentary was basically "Oh, yay, he won. Good Job." They didn't really give any sense of agency to the importance of the battles. The crowd sounded more excited than the presenters.

This is kinda OK, because I'd rather hear KoF's in-game sounds anywho, but... bleh.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
This has probably been asked but I've been away all afternoon. Is there anywhere I can watch the replay of SF4 final 8?

NEO0MJ

Wow, I didn't think Luffy will take it. Congrats to him! Now we'll have to deal with the Rose army online and the disappointing fact that she'll get nerfed for ver.2015.

Geniuzz

So, this EVO was full of upsets, but have players like Daigo that were eliminated on the first day already been interviewed as to what happened? There should be some kind of story there, right? At least, it would be interesting to see their thoughts on their unexpected eliminations. Congrats to EVO-GAF'ers on their performances.

OceanBlue

Just went back and watched the BlazBlue Grand Finals.

Insanely hype. Like something out of a storybook. Just such a nail biting back and forth...

Honestly, people should watch the entire thing! It's so good. Just watching the grand finals leaves out Dogura sending Galileo to losers 4 rounds to 0 and Dora vs. Galileo.

mbpm1

I knew Luffy would take it when I saw him play Fuudo. Rose is Dudley-ish in how good she is against Sagat and Luffy was playing out of his mind.

Just saw the final street fighter ultra matches on archive.
Ultra Rose is powerful and in Louffy 's hands , Very dangerous. Congrats Louffy

Still. Blazeblue finals are still the best finals this EVO 2014

Shouta

I skipped the after party to make back all the money I lost gambling this weekend. I was down 1300 when I woke up for evo finals. I'm actually up 400 bucks now, lol. I guess my streak of not winning in evo, though I did this year in a way, but winning in Vegas continues.

Also Rose is not overpowered that was a Bonchan-fail

Nice hanging out with you all in this thread all weekend. My ass is killing me from sitting down. Til, next year boys and girls.

Get an Xbox or PlayStation then reap the reward of being able to lie in bed and watch Twitch. Better than TV I tells ya!

About to catch up on AE since Europe has shit timing. Caught all of Marvel and the Tekken 7 announcement but at 4am, the sleep gave in.

Evo2k youtube channel posted the marvel 3 finals .. and in the closing seconds before Justin won Yipes called him the Marvel god.

Lol.... yipes goes on a rant and says we should call them titans but when he does commentary he can't help himself. Spoke from the heart....

BadWolf

The level of play between Tokido and Xiao Hai in the KOF grand finals was so impressive, their use of normals and movement to cover both defense and offense was just insane. And that back and forth downloading.

The best overall grand finals goes to BB this year though, so good.

Ducktail

I watched Blazblue, Marvel and Street Fighter finals. I really enjoyed all of them. What's more, I managed to make my girlfriend watch as well, I'm slowing starting to indoctrinate her in the ways of fighting games.

I wish SnakeEyes had won. He gave Louffy a really hard time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I predicted 100% of the outcomes top 8 for bb, marvel and sf4. Had a bunch of top player saying they wish they came to me before betting :lol

Also hung out with gotecks and he got me some drinks

Top Bottom