• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

OozingZen

Neo Member
So who should I start in my RBs and Flex (I have Cooper and Green as my WRs atm)

I have Hunt, Gore, Carson, Howard, Coleman, Kamara. I also have Reshard Higgins I could put in my Flex as well. I'm staring at Todd Gurley slapping me around after last night.

Any thoughts? It's a standard league btw. Thanks.

I'd take Hunt, Gore, and Howard. Maybe Coleman if you have points to spare. If you're playing catch up, then do the first three.

Jarnet87

For everyone who wants to go rush out and get the Bucs D, don't be surprised if they come up with a dud. Case Keenum worked the Bucs in his two previous matches against them. Now the Bucs defense is much improved since those two games but Keenum also has a lot better weapons and it's in Minnesota.

For everyone who wants to go rush out and get the Bucs D, don't be surprised if they come up with a dud. Case Keenum worked the Bucs in his two previous matches against them. Now the Bucs defense is much improved since those two games but Keenum also has a lot better weapons and it's in Minnesota.

To go along with this, Pittsburgh Defense did OK last week but not amazing facing Keenum, and that was Pittsburgh.

I still think its an OK spot start, but its not like they're playing against the Christian Ponder Vikes.

Soroc

Starting Freeman and Crowell with Chris Thompson in my Flex. I do have both Chris Carson and Derrick Henry on my bench. Does anyone think I should bench Crow this week and push out Carson or Henry? I've totally lost confidence in Crow and need my RB2 to start producing.

PPR fwiw.

Starting Freeman and Crowell with Chris Thompson in my Flex. I do have both Chris Carson and Derrick Henry on my bench. Does anyone think I should bench Crow this week and push out Carson or Henry? I've totally lost confidence in Crow and need my RB2 to start producing.

PPR fwiw.

I'm gonna stick with Crow this week. I'll have Ajayi, Crow and Buck Allen as the flex. Hopefully the reports of Ajayi dealing with a knee problem aren't too serious.

Just traded Kareem Hunt and Alshon Jeffrey for Antonio Brown in my 0.5 PPR work league (I'll probably pick up Kamara or CJ2k after it goes thru). Hopefully it wasn't too bad of a trade on my end

Henry is supposed to have a big workload this week, as a DeMarco Murray owner.. I feel like he's going to have a good game.

seattle's offense is currently a dumpster fire so the defense is going to be on the field a lot so he probably will.

That being said, putting fantasy aside-I hope the titans bench him and let him rest this week. I hate seeing people have multi week/season ending injuries

Need some help with fantasy. At QB, I have Wilson and Wentz. Since Wilson has been bad lately, I'm thinking about starting Wentz. At RB, I have Lamar Miller, James White, Gillislee, Burkhead, and Carson. Who should I start? I'm starting Miller and White currently. Johnson screwed me over when he injured his wrist. Who should I start at D? Lions or Vikings? I'm thinking Vikings because the Falcons O is pretty good.

Need some help with fantasy. At QB, I have Wilson and Wentz. Since Wilson has been bad lately, I'm thinking about starting Wentz. At RB, I have Lamar Miller, James White, Gillislee, Burkhead, and Carson. Who should I start? I'm starting Miller and White currently. Johnson screwed me over when he injured his wrist. Who should I start at D? Lions or Vikings? I'm thinking Vikings because the Falcons O is pretty good.
Depends on who they're playing... So far I'd say
- Wilson
- Miller and White
- Vikings

But that's without the actual matchup info
Edit 1: Wentz is playing the fucking Giants. Do not start him

Wilson is playing the Titans, Miller against NE, White against the Texans, and the Vikings are playing the Falcons.
Yeah I'd definitely say Wilson and the Vikings D at the very least, and I don't even think it's close. And the Vikings are playing TB, Detroit is playing the Falcons

As far as RB, that's a lot closer. You could easily put in Gillislee over White tbh. You don't have a Flex spot?

Soroc

I'm gonna stick with Crow this week. I'll have Ajayi, Crow and Buck Allen as the flex. Hopefully the reports of Ajayi dealing with a knee problem aren't too serious.

Hmm you have a pretty similar makeup to myself. Maybe I'll give Crow one more week but the Colts run D is underrated this year, makes me feel even less confident he is going to get the touches and I think Brissett continues to get more comfortable in the Colts offense.

I have a few days to figure this out but I'm starting to lean in Henry's direction with the latest word of increased workload against a subpar Seattle run defense.

Some crazy bastard in my league dropped Derrick Henry. You better believe I snagged him off the waiver.

Seattle still has a top defense, but they're allowing 5+ YPC to runningbacks so far? I may just put Henry in the flex.

Hmm you have a pretty similar makeup to myself. Maybe I'll give Crow one more week but the Colts run D is underrated this year, makes me feel even less confident he is going to get the touches and I think Brissett continues to get more comfortable in the Colts offense.

I have a few days to figure this out but I'm starting to lean in Henry's direction with the latest word of increased workload against a subpar Seattle run defense.

Yeah if i had Henry it would make my decision a little harder but my bench isn't that great so i don't have many options. Not the worst thing though, no choices to make!

Red Comet

Who would you guys flex this week out of Jordan Howard, Adam Theilen, and Chris Thompson? Was going to go with Theilen but Bradford being out changes things.

phanphare

Banned
Who would you guys flex this week out of Jordan Howard, Adam Theilen, and Chris Thompson? Was going to go with Theilen but Bradford being out changes things.

probably jordan howard, I believe he's off the injury report. I'm definitely not starting chris thompson under any circumstance.

VoxPop

Just traded Kareem Hunt and Alshon Jeffrey for Antonio Brown in my 0.5 PPR work league (I'll probably pick up Kamara or CJ2k after it goes thru). Hopefully it wasn't too bad of a trade on my end

Interesting trade. You must have insane RB1 depth. I wouldn't even take AB for Kareem at this point with how The KC run game works and both their performances so far.

Sumidor

Would you guys start Chris Carson or Larry Fitzgerald? Carson looked good last week, but that was against the 49ers. And I figure Fitz has to get going sometime.

Fuck, I don't know which 3 WRs to start:

- DeVante Parker (MIA) @ Jets
- Jarvis Landry (MIA) @ Jets
- Davante Adams (GB) vs Bengals
- Michael Crabtree (OAK) @ Redskins
- Jermaine Kearse (NYJ) vs Dolphins

I like playing my two Dolphins WRs because they're playing the Jets, but who do I pick for #3? Kearse is the Jets top WR now and if I figure they're going to play from behind a lot he's a decent pick... Crabtree is Crabtree (and Redskins are giving up 280 passing yds/game), and Adams is probably GB's best WR if Jordy Nelson is out.

What do you guys think?

Interesting trade. You must have insane RB1 depth. I wouldn't even take AB for Kareem at this point with how The KC run game works and both their performances so far.
Nah nothing too crazy (12 man league):
- Doug Martin
- James White
- Mark Ingram
- Joe Mixon
- Tarik Cohen
- Chris Johnson
- David Johnson in IR

My WR's now are Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins and Martavis Bryant.

I figure I'll always have a WR in the flex anyways, and I'll just have to hope 2 of those 7 RB's pan out. And I just don't know if Hunt can keep it up: I owned Ware last year and he had just as good of a start, then tapered off once the hits started piling on. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Hunt

Jarnet87

Who do you guys think for a flex - Howard, Cohen, or Desean Jackson? I've got Henry and McCaffrey going as my RBs.

It's hard to trust Howard right now, especially in a game where everyone assumes the Steelers are going to get up big and force Chicago to throw. Cohen is probably the safest play in PPR. A lot of people are high on Djax (especially in DFS) with Rhodes going to be on Mike Evans. I'm not really worried about Evans but Djax could be a big boom or bust option this weekend. Howard is healthy at least, was taken off the injury report.

Doomsayer

Someone in my league dropped Derrick Henry so I picked him up.

I have Murray as well, so thankfully if he's out I have a reliable RB2 option.

My RBs are so weak this year... Lamar Miller, Murray, James White, Mixon (he will get his eventually) and Doug Martin... yeesh. I should've picked Gurley.

-SG

Jordan Reed or MILF Hunter Henry? God damn Jordon Reed is definitely not 100% but I'm wondering if he is still worth the start.

Kalnoky

So is DeVante Parker looking good for this week again? Had him in as my WR3 originally until all the ankle talk, and put Hogan back in. Now it's looking like Parker's gonna be fine? What do you guys think?

Had Garcon on the bench too, but wasn't expecting those kinds of numbers from that game, haha.

Jarnet87

Jordan Reed or MILF Hunter Henry? God damn Jordon Reed is definitely not 100% but I'm wondering if he is still worth the start.

Reed is likely to be a game time decision. If you want to talk a walk on the wild side you could grab Vernon Davis.

I was offered Amari Cooper for Alshon Jeffrey. I also have Michael Crabtree as my #2 (OBJ). Should I have two Raider WRs?

Not sure if it matters, I am streaming Derek Carr for last week and this week as well.

GiJoccin

TY Hilton or Kenny Golladay

Was gonna start Diggs but with Bradford out...

Hilton has Cleveland, wasn't sure if that would make up for having Brissett at QB or not

phanphare

Banned
I was offered Amari Cooper for Alshon Jeffrey. I also have Michael Crabtree as my #2 (OBJ). Should I have two Raider WRs?

Not sure if it matters, I am streaming Derek Carr for last week and this week as well.

I'd stick with alshon tbh. cooper and crabtree will both be fine for the season but with both you're capping your upside a bit. plus I just like alshon a lot this season especially if wentz has taken a step forward. it's not like the eagles seem to be running the ball well so it's a good offense for him.

Kakaroach

Hunter Henry is going to go take over Antonio’s red zone looks after he broke the te td record. Hunter Henry will be a top 5 te this year imo.
Man I sure hope you're right. My TE situation is pretty desperate and for Henry to pop off would be great.

Who is starting Dalvin Cook this week? I'm really worried they are gonna stack the box so I'm not sure if I wanna start him.

Pick 2 of these for full ppr: Cohen, Cook, Crowell, or Cooks?

Doran902

Someone offered me OBJ and Crowell for Freeman and Keenan, I feel insulted, I took Freeman with my 6th pick for a reason haha. I guess the offer isn't THAT bad if Crowell gets his shit together but I am still leaning towards rejecting it.

Joe

Should I add McFadden if I have Ezekiel Elliot? Is that who would get the bulk of the load if Elliott is suspended?

Top Bottom