• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Jarnet87

Someone offered me OBJ and Crowell for Freeman and Keenan, I feel insulted, I took Freeman with my 6th pick for a reason haha. I guess the offer isn't THAT bad if Crowell gets his shit together but I am still leaning towards rejecting it.

It's pretty even on paper when you consider what the players adp were, just have to ask yourself how you view the players individually.

PillarEN

If the Browns are going to be .333 team again then I would not accept the Crowell trade. I like him. Game flow usually does not. At least not last season when I had him. That's pretty much where my thought process would end.

DCX

DCX
Should I trade Bell? I have Hunt, Hyde, Gillese, Tevin Coleman and Perine.

I need a QB. I gambled on Luck and had Dalton as a stop gap. Using Alex Smith after dropping Dalton.

I could use an upgrade at WR3. I have Cooks and Micheal Thomas as my WR1 and WR2. I'm throwing out there a combo of Marvin Jones, Tyrell Williams, and picked Higgins up.

What say you?

DCX

VoxPop

I need a QB. I gambled on Luck and had Dalton as a stop gap. Using Alex Smith after dropping Dalton.

I could use an upgrade at WR3. I have Cooks and Micheal Thomas as my WR1 and WR2. I'm throwing out there a combo of Marvin Jones, Tyrell Williams, and picked Higgins up.

What say you?

DCX

Definitely don't trade Leveon for a QB unless it's a QB1+ in a 2 QB league. You could probably get someone serviceable like Stafford or Matt Ryan for Gillislee if they need a RB.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

What say you?

DCX

oh hell no. Maybe see if you can trade Coleman for a QB...but no way is Bell the same value as the #1 QB (unless like said before your in a 2 qb league)

NateDrake

I hate being a LM and having to approve trades. Not sure if this trade is fair in my league

A.J. Green for Agholor. Any thoughts? My initial thoughts are to void it.

I hate being a LM and having to approve trades. Not sure if this trade is fair in my league

There is a school of thought that every trade should go through and if there's collusion you kick the managers out. I get that, but the downside is your league is now down two teams and possibly two friends. It's a lot of bullshit to deal with.

From a talent perspective, this is voidable. AJ Green's value is tremendously higher and Agholor is a part time player. But it's also inarguable that the Bengals offense has sucked so far, and Agholor has -slightly- outscored Green.

So I would ask:
- Is this a keeper league? Any futures potential?
- Could there be collusion?

If no to both, I think it's a fair trade that will eventually favor heavily on the side getting Green.

NateDrake

Agholor is like Wentz third option after Ertz and Alshon, Idk man

A.J. Green has Dalton and the team is terrible. Green is the better player of the two. Ughh...
There is a school of thought that every trade should go through and if there's collusion you kick the managers out. I get that, but the downside is your league is now down two teams and possibly two friends. It's a lot of bullshit to deal with.

From a talent perspective, this is voidable. AJ Green's value is tremendously higher and Agholor is a part time player. But it's also inarguable that the Bengals offense has sucked so far, and Agholor has -slightly- outscored Green.

So I would ask:
- Is this a keeper league? Any futures potential?
- Could there be collusion?

If no to both, I think it's a fair trade that will eventually favor heavily on the side getting Green.

- No keeper.
- Trade is between a husband and wife.

A.J. Green has Dalton and the team is terrible. Green is the better player of the two. Ughh...

- No keeper.

Are they both in it to win? Is one just kinda coasting? I've definitely seen one sided collusion before. Can you see a good reason why the side getting Agholor wants that deal? Are they 0-2 but lost close games? Does the team getting Green become a superpower? etc.

I guess I lean on letting the deal happen but I would investigate the "why" as much as possible. In my keeper league I legitimately ask each team that question.

NateDrake

Are they both in it to win? Is one just kinda coasting? I've definitely seen one sided collusion before. Can you see a good reason why the side getting Agholor wants that deal? Are they 0-2 but lost close games? Does the team getting Green become a superpower? etc.

I guess I lean on letting the deal happen but I would investigate the "why" as much as possible. In my keeper league I legitimately ask each team that question.

Team getting Green is 2-0. Other side is 1-1. Team getting Green doesn't become a power house, but the team losing Green doesn't really gain with Agholor - they currently have Alshon and Kelvin B. Going by purely seasonal point averages, Agholor is the best WR/TE on the team looking to trade for Green.

My gut is that Green is and will become the better player for the season and Agholor could become useless in future weeks. After 2wks, Green is awful due to Dalton. A WR1 for a WR3/Flex option in PPR. I may approve of it, but be very vigilant of any future trades these two try with each other.

Team getting Green is 2-0. Other side is 1-1. Team getting Green doesn't become a power house, but the team losing Green doesn't really gain with Agholor - they currently have Alshon and Kelvin B. Going by purely seasonal point averages, Agholor is the best WR/TE on the team looking to trade for Green.

My gut is that Green is and will become the better player for the season and Agholor could become useless in future weeks. After 2wks, Green is awful due to Dalton.

Well the reason why you would consider allowing the trade is that:

- Maybe Alshon gets hurt (god forbid), but then Agholor's value goes way up.
- Maybe Agholor gets hot and they play him and Alshon a lot together in 3 WR sets.
- Maybe the Bungles continue to suck, and switch to their backup. And it doesn't help.
- Maybe Green gets hurt. Or is nursing something already.

So...I hate to say it, but I can see why. It's not a move I would make, but in someone's opinion, it could work. Then just be even more vigilant on the moves they make later. Watch out for suspicious add drops

Corran Horn

Do i start Nuk against the pats?

I am, pray for us.

I try my best to never veto any trades now that my leaguemates are actually experienced in the league but we have had to veto before. For a bit we had it if you feel like its collusion/ripoff trade then put it up to a league vote to see what they think. Problem is alot of people just vetoed every trade like asses.

I am, pray for us.

I try my best to never veto any trades now that my leaguemates are actually experienced in the league but we have had to veto before. For a bit we had it if you feel like its collusion/ripoff trade then put it up to a league vote to see what they think. Problem is alot of people just vetoed every trade like asses.
Alright I'll take a chance. I have AJ Green too in my lineup. Rip me

Corran Horn

Alright I'll take a chance. I have AJ Green too in my lineup. Rip me

My guess (hot takes) is they will be behind early and have to throw the ball alot. My only worry is Pats will try to take Nuke out with extra coverage...but he should still get tons of targets.

Hazelhurst

No way should that trade be allowed. The A.J. Green owner either has no clue who A.J. Green is or there is collusion. This is like trading Mike Evans for Tavon Austin.

I think it is a fair trade, this is the time of the season where people hit the panic button on their "sure things" when they are slow out of the gate and go for players that are hot right now.

Even for me, if someone made an offer for any of my Redskins players (Cousins, Pryor, Crowder), I would probably take the deal.

Beach

No way should that trade be allowed. The A.J. Green owner either has no clue who A.J. Green is or there is collusion. This is like trading Mike Evans for Tavon Austin.

Whenever you can trade a top 5 receiver in the league for a 3rd/4th option WR who has 60% of his fantasy points on a fluke play you got to do it.

Apath

- No keeper.
I'd void it. AJ Green is one of the best receivers in football. I am currently debating dropping Agholor in my 12 team league.

If they'd take Agholor for Green, I'd offer something better.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

I just banned trades this year. There were only ever 2 or 3 per year and always completely suspect if not flat out collusion.

Anyone rolling the dice on JJ Nelson? If I dont play him my next best option is Jeremy Maclin this morning. If Nelson wouldn't play or something though I'd be totally screwed so I'm considering just going with Maclin just to be safe.

lol in my hardcore 12 team league Agholor isn't even rostered by anyone.

Anyone rolling the dice on JJ Nelson? If I dont play him my next best option is Jeremy Maclin this morning. If Nelson wouldn't play or something though I'd be totally screwed so I'm considering just going with Maclin just to be safe.

I'm starting jj over fitzy in one of my money leagues.

Then again I'm taking the ga.ble because Gurley gave me a nice cushion

Servbot24

Banned
I was going to start Nelson over Jeffrey but I'm putting Jeffrey back in since Nelson is questionable

I should have started Marquis Lee though, evidently

PillarEN

Stefon Diggs or Martellus Bennett in a ppr flex spot? Have Bennett now since GBs WRs are hurt and Bradford is out.

That's tough. Bennett is like top 5 at his position in fantasy, but I really don't know with these circumstances. Well, I'd probably lean towards Bennett.

shwimpy

nah, benching Nelson in favor of Higgins this week.

VoxPop

Yeah same. No one in my league bothered to even keep him on their bench.

Wacko Flacco making a reemergence today

Tall4Life

I have the worst goddamn luck

Average about 95 points in my league a week, 0-2

Start Watkins for two weeks, averages 2 points, drop him, he gets 22 this week

Put in Buck Allen, right now has 0 points

Deciding between Riddick, White, Coleman, Cohen, Howard, and Carson for RBs (half-PPR). I'm thinking about going with White, Cohen, and Carson.

For WRs I chose Nelson and Martavis Bryant, decided to bench Baldwin.

Anyone have advice?

Top Bottom