• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

my bet in dropping big ben for cousins(I still don't get why someone dropped him in my work league...) looks like it will pay off this week and in the long run (hopefully)

PillarEN

Extra points are nice and all but maybe a 40 yard FG? At some point. Cause I don't know if Cooper is going to suddenly get 60 yards and a TD to fuck me over in garbage time.

Extra points are nice and all but maybe a 40 yard FG? At some point. Cause I don't know if Cooper is going to suddenly get 60 yards and a TD to fuck me over in garbage time.

You have Hopkins?

No, you get nothing, your taunting me about my mistakes has come to roost

my opponent this week has Hopkins and it's razor thin close

PillarEN

You have Hopkins?

No, you get nothing, your taunting me about my mistakes has come to roost

my opponent this week has Hopkins and it's razor thin close

As of now I'm 9 points ahead in half PPR. I'm still jittery this early in the second half.

EDIT: He missed a 52 yarder. FUCK!

ryan299

My whole team is a bust three weeks in. Cooper and Pryor are killing me. I thought my backs would be a big problem, but my receivers are garbage.

Fuck the Tennessee Titans. Fuck them right in the ear. I start their players for two weeks and get shit on, then bench their sorry asses and then the shit on me with 20 point performances.

The Oilers were a cooler franchise.

Rodgers and Jordy scoring is a given. I left a lot of points on the bench also.

I've started basically the same team every week so far. Made two small changes for the first time this week. Swapped out Blount for West (which didn't work out) and I picked up Green Bay's Defense because I wasn't gonna play Houston's at New England (also cost me points but only 3). Besides those two I've started the same players every week and will probably do the same next week.

So Hopkins is probably gonna get another chip shot which means Fitz has to score like, 8 in PPR

If that goober can't do that then I dunno what to do :p

Eric Hall

A tale of two leagues:

League One: Started Rivers and Seattle D, which amounted to a combined -6 points. Still put up a decent number (117) but got stomped by the guy who had Gurley, Thompson, Rodgers and Beckham.

League Two: No negatives, but pitiful total score (100). Will somehow squeeze out a victory due to Crabtree doing nothing.

The agony and ecstasy of fantasy football

PillarEN

*finger snap*

That will do. 2-1. It was a week where Benjamin only played for a short while before getting injured. That complicated things. Still I finished in the top half of scoring this week in my league regardless of Monday Night.

Okay, looks like I won my Yahoo game. This was a fucking journey. This was Thursday. I accidentally left in Cooper Kupp who scored a point and he had fucking Gurley and Hyde for 53 total. So I went into this weekend KNOWING I was going to lose. Come Sunday, Derek Carr fucking up and negative points from Jack Doyle and Seattle end up saving me. Tom Brady, Kareem Hunt and Matt Bryant (don't ever tell me not to draft a kicker in the 8th round) carried me. Currently in first place 3-0.

And it looks like I'll win the ESPN league this week unless Dez gets 21 points against Arizona which is ... unlikely? We'll see.

now to make that decision if I want to drop witten for the cardinals defense(I already won this week and i'm not sure if I want to stick with ravens next week with their abysmal showing this week)

but I remember last year the points before the playoffs became very important for seeding

i already know the decision I make will be the wrong one too

Beach

Maybe if I pretend this fantasy weekend never happened it will be alright.

New rules to live by:
Never play a Raven
Boom or Bust WRs aren't worth it. I'd play Garcon over Martavous Bryant everytime.

Only one 1 out of 3 leagues this week, but won the most important thanks to Kareem Hunts long run.

What a crazy day. Went into the game up by 5 points with Crabtree and him with Cooper.. Well the nothingburgers were heavy so I still won by 5 points. Phew.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Shocking news: the converted wide receiver who even the Browns didn't want and couldn't get more than a 1 year deal wasn't all he was cracked up to be. I think fans and experts bought more into his story and what he could be, rather than what he was. For now, he's a glorified target for cornerbacks to pull pressure off of the rest of Washington's offensive weapons.

VoxPop

Howard and Hunt <3

Got blessed with the garbage time Devante Parker and Watson TDs but I'm going to be playing Devante regardless from here on out.

With AJ Green back to form, Tyreek Hill killing it and Mixon evolving into a formidable RB2 to replace my dud in Pryor, my season is trending up!

I wouldn't be killing Pryor yet. The Redskins only offense this game was their slot RB, which means they could operate with impunity from up close and couldn't do anything at a distance. Note Doctson's 1 target - it's not like there's a DJax or Garcon soaking up targets.

Their offense needs to figure out how to adapt and bring in the mid range passing game. Once that happens, we'll get a better idea of who Pryor can be in that system.

(That being said, I'm glad I don't own him right now...)

Kalnoky

Howard and Hunt <3

Got blessed with the garbage time Devante Parker and Watson TDs but I'm going to be playing Devante regardless from here on out.

With AJ Green back to form, Tyreek Hill killing it and Mixon evolving into a formidable RB2 to replace my dud in Pryor, my season is trending up!

You and I have a pretty similar receiver core, seems like.

My week went from sad to glad with that Parker garbage time TD. Ended up winning this week by 11.

KaYotiX

Banned
After losing Robinson and Johnson in week 1 to IR I can't believe I'm 3-0 in my league still.

That Hunt pickup during late rounds was clutch! This week Rodgers, Hunt and Watkins carried me :)

Tom Nook

NFL.com League:

I'm up 12pts with Witten against Dez and Zeke.......

Taco Bell League:

I need Palmer to go all out. Also, I need the Cards receivers to catch those passes - live up to the hype JJ Nelson.

Top Bottom