• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

won one game with Hogan, diggs, D Jax on the bench. im 3-0 in this league thanks to everyone having terrible weeks against me even though i do shitty too

Cappa

Banned
would have been 3-0 if I didnt have such shitty QBs.(or had I started Palmer but meh)

Drafted Palmer and Dalton. Dropped Dalton for Kizer. Dropped Kizer for Siemian. Started Siemian over Palmer this week ugh.

image.png

Jarlaxle

I had Cousins and Diggs on the bench. I instead played Phillip Rivers and Amari Cooper. I also had the Ravens defense.

I only scored 42 total points. I am now 0-3 (like my Giants). This is the worst I've ever done at fantasy. Not really enjoying football at all this year.

ZOONAMI

Jesus. 0-3. Started cutler, benched dalton. Started hunter Henry, benched graham. Sad thing is I still would have lost. My opponent put up 170 points.

Losing DJ really did fuck me over. I have Hyde but the only other realistic starter I have at rb who barely even qualifies as that is jaquizz, and he had a huge dud as well. Cooper dud, Henry dud, Golden Tate td called back, etc etc. Cam newton also completely sucking.

Terrible start to the year and I don’t have the pieces to come back really. So honestly my draft wasn’t that great. Lacking rb depth and no wrs guaranteed to light up a game. And I have qbs who just want to put up turds apparently.

Got my first win thanks to Coopers 1 pt. Hoping for good news from Ajayi and Baldwin in terms of injury. I don't think i have the depth right now to lose both of them.

To everyone at 1-2 and 0-3 - The person who won my league last year started the season off 0-6. There's always a chance!

Tom Nook

What to do with Hunter Henry?

Week 1: zero pts.
Week 2: Gates got his TD. Looks promising for Henry
Week 3: Picked up Henry off Waivers = Zero pts...

bigkrev

What to do with Hunter Henry?

Week 1: zero pts.
Week 2: Gates got his TD. Looks promising for Henry
Week 3: Picked up Henry off Waivers = Zero pts...

He's in the malaise of TE that you start if your main guy is injured, or on a bye week. He's also the guy you mark as your drop when you do your waiver claims (after your kicker) if you have FABB waivers and believe you will be adding more than 1 player to your roster.

you can't start hunter henry until gates is out of the picture/retires. He has the record now, but it's obviously in his best interest(while he's active) to push his record higher so it's harder for someone to come beat later.

That being said, for people who have poopy tight ends, vernon davis is a solid pickup(although this is assuming that reed is out and he gets injured all the time)

Machine

Bad week to use Rivers instead of Brees. Not sure what I was thinking. Hopefully Witten has another big game tonight to make up for it. Luckily AJ Green, Devante Parker, and Brandin Cooks all had good games so at least I'm in it.

Bad week to use Rivers instead of Brees. Not sure what I was thinking. Hopefully Witten has another big game tonight to make up for it. Luckily AJ Green, Devante Parker, and Brandin Cooks all had good games so at least I'm in it.

not sure why you even have 2QB's to begin with(unless you're in a larger league then I guess I could understand) but you used a somewhat high(i'm assuming ~5th round) pick on Drew Brees so you should have using him every week(obviously other than his bye week)

Soroc

Pulled out the win thanks to Cousins this week.

I flip flopped back and forth all week and ended up almost costing myself the week. I knew I should have went with my gut and left Crow on the bench. Instead I put him in, benched Thompson, moved Fitz to the flex and played Kearse this week...

Cousins put me up by 6 over my opponent and still have Fitz to go tonight. Hoping he beasts me 20+ points this week so I can take my division lead with point total as both myself and another in my division are 3-0 now and he holds a 21pt lead over me in the rankings...

Thompson is now going to take up permanent residence in my Flex since I think is floor is probably go to be around 10 pts ppr and I'm moving Carson into RB2 and leaving Crow on the bench or trying to trade him for a TE2 or something at this point.

Kelce is starting to concern me a little too since Hunt is just such pure dominance he is making Kelce completely irrelevant in this offense.

Man. Devante Parker is replacing Terrele Pryor until I see something from him.

Luckily at the LAST minute I put Devante in over Terrele. Wheweeeee!

Henry had 0 points, and Ravens DST had -6. I still had 124 points. If I lose...

It's 124 to 93 and she has JJ Nelson and Arizona D.

Jarnet87

you can't start hunter henry until gates is out of the picture/retires. He has the record now, but it's obviously in his best interest(while he's active) to push his record higher so it's harder for someone to come beat later.

That being said, for people who have poopy tight ends, vernon davis is a solid pickup(although this is assuming that reed is out and he gets injured all the time)

It took awhile for Ertz to emerge in Philly while old man Celek was still in the picture, eventually Henry will do the same if he is the real deal.

NFL.com League:

I'm up 12pts with Witten against Dez and Zeke.......

Taco Bell League:

I need Palmer to go all out. Also, I need the Cards receivers to catch those passes - live up to the hype JJ Nelson.
If Palmer goes off means i have a chance in another league. I'm down by 49 and that league gets bonus pts for 40+ yrd plays.

It took awhile for Ertz to emerge in Philly while old man Celek was still in the picture, eventually Henry will do the same if he is the real deal.

Henry is very talented and will be a great TE once Gates retires. The problem is, Gates is still "the guy" and he's the one who's seeing the targets, not Henry. He'll have a few good games here and there throughout the season, but he received 0 targets yesterday (2nd time this season) and you're pretty much rolling the dice(that are in not in your favor)

Machine

not sure why you even have 2QB's to begin with(unless you're in a larger league then I guess I could understand) but you used a somewhat high(i'm assuming ~5th round) pick on Drew Brees so you should have using him every week(obviously other than his bye week)

Our goofy draft format actually requires you to draft exactly 2 QBs, 5 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 DEF, and 2 K. I prioritized my 2nd QB a little higher than some folks because I've been burned by injury at that position before.

Instro

Not sure what to do with Kyle Rudolph at this point. I'd like to think that with his talent he will get it going, but it seems like his role has diminished heavily with the WRs coming on, and the run game being effective now.

Our goofy draft format actually requires you to draft exactly 2 QBs, 5 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 DEF, and 2 K. I prioritized my 2nd QB a little higher than some folks because I've been burned by injury at that position before.

weird rules for your league(but that applies to everyone else in your league)

Just start Drew Brees every week(except his bye) and don't look back

Jarnet87

Not sure what to do with Kyle Rudolph at this point. I'd like to think that with his talent he will get it going, but it seems like his role has diminished heavily with the WRs coming on, and the run game being effective now.

He's not lived up to his draft position but he's been okay. I wouldn't put much into the Tampa game when the receivers were just burning the secondary all day. Better days ahead especially if Bradford returns

Just keep playing whoever there man, the position is such a joke for fantasy purposes.
I remember that one time I put in Larry Donnell and he went for like a hundred plus yards and three touchdowns and almost single handedly won the week for me. That was fun. Most times I get nada - like this past weekend with Ebron.

Dak Prescott and Dan Bailey have to combine for less than 10 points for me to avoid 0-3.

Fuck my shitty fantasy team who only want to score on the bench XD

UberTag

Dak Prescott and Dan Bailey have to combine for less than 10 points for me to avoid 0-3.

Fuck my shitty fantasy team who only want to score on the bench XD
The difference between winning and losing in most fantasy seasons is having the insight not to bench guys the weeks they go off. Point chasing their totals from the week prior undermines so many owners... unless you've got Kareem Hunt rostered in which case every week is glorious.

Pending a Monday Night Miracle where Larry Fitzgerald puts up Madden video game numbers and Jason Witten gets a goose egg, I'M ACCEPTING DEFEAT.

But 2-1 ain't bad but fuck, does those 2 combined points from Kelce/Rudolph sting.

UberTag

I swear to god if he pulls a Jordy last week and pulls a hammy or falls like 1 inch short like Tate did I'm comin for you
He's got a 3-yard catch already. Just need one more, right?
I'm feeling pretty good about my Jaron Brown grab for my bench depth already.

He's got a 3-yard catch already. Just need one more, right?
I'm feeling pretty good about my Jaron Brown grab for my bench depth already.

I scooped him up honestly just to block my opponent from doing it (he had Randall Cobb, put James White in instead)

I just need Fitz to literally catch a ball and fall over

mr2xxx

Banned
I got a great team but it's just one of those weeks where you get blown out by 50 pts. not even mad, that's just how the game goes.

The difference between winning and losing in most fantasy seasons is having the insight not to bench guys the weeks they go off. Point chasing their totals from the week prior undermines so many owners... unless you've got Kareem Hunt rostered in which case every week is glorious.
Yeah but Demarco had 2 weeks of garbage production, Henry was kicking his ass in points, and Demarco was injured. That whole thing was BS.

Soroc

Picked Jaron Brown up just before the game as some depth for my bench and just in case Fitz gets hurt. Didn't realize Baldwin might miss some time with the groin possibly. Might be a great preemptive pickup for me and I might be starting Fitz and Brown against the niners next week.

UberTag

Yeah but Demarco had 2 weeks of garbage production, Henry was kicking his ass in points, and Demarco was injured. That whole thing was BS.
You're almost always going to be screwed when it comes to deciding which of two players to start on the same team.
Especially in circumstances like that one. Anyone would have benched Murray and/or started Henry ahead of him.

Top Bottom