• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

UberTag

it was pretty much thought unanimously that the ravens defense would be a great defense in week 3 and you know how that turned out

no one thought blake bortles would turn into ssj4 tom brady and flacco turning into a middle school quarterback so who the fuck knows will happen this week with defenses in general
It's not uncommon for Flacco to turn into a middle school QB and the Jags D is legit.
The fluke TDs to Marcedes Lewis were impossible to predict, though.

gutshot

I've added a feature to my trade evaluator tool called player hover cards. At the moment, it gives you the current week's trade value for each player and last week's value and the difference. Useful to find those risers and fallers on the trade chart. In the coming weeks, I'm hoping to expand it more to include additional trade value history.

https://gutshot.github.io/fftrades/

If any one has any suggestions or improvements to this or anything else to do with the tool, please let me know. Thanks!

-SG

12 man, 0.5 PPR

I have Jordan Reed and picked up Hunter Henry last week to replace him (and lost because of it). Should I continue to roll with Henry or pick up Vernon Davis?

12 man, 0.5 PPR

I have Jordan Reed and picked up Hunter Henry last week to replace him (and lost because of it). Should I continue to roll with Henry or pick up Vernon Davis?

you can think of vernon davis as jordan reed's handcuff. he actually produces too(when reed is out) as captain kirk actually throws to him. It's better than risking a goose egg that hunter henry can leave you(which has happened twice out of the 3 weeks so far)

I have no idea who to put in the flex this week.

These are my options:

Amari Cooper @ Denver
Mike Gillislee vs Carolina
Willie Snead @ Miami
Chris Carson vs Indiana
Isaiah Crowell vs Cincinatti

I'm up against the only other undefeated team in the league this week btw.

I'm thinking Carson but idk with that Seattle line

rokkerkory

Week 4 Matchup: I am on left side

22008459_10155574918683758_6058004725130106347_n.jpg

I am contemplating starting Stafford (but he is @ Min) though.

Soroc

Lol, won my game thanks mostly to Ryan Succop's performance against Seattle.

Thanks, Succop!

Think I'm dropping Boswell and trying to pick up Succop off waivers this week and riding him the rest of the year. Titans offense is getting him lots of opportunities already this season.

Week 4 Matchup: I am on left side

22008459_10155574918683758_6058004725130106347_n.jpg

I am contemplating starting Stafford (but he is @ Min) though.

As a Vikings fan, Rhodes can basically shut down one player. Nobody will be able to run against the Vikings defensive line + linebackers.

But those #2 + #3 Wide recievers/tight end will get use with a competent QB. Winston is not competent. Roethlisberger is. Brees is on a horrendous team.

Stafford probably wont get you 30+ points. But 15-25 will likely happen.

Is the lions defense for real?

They are number 1 in points and still available.

chasing points isn't a good idea, but if you want to gamble on it, go for it

I found it doesn't last very long though (see last year's eagles)

and finished finalizing my waiver claims. It'd be much easier if we switched to FAAB but it's a work league and it wouldn't fly over well in changing the settings-oh well

Hope I end up with something, but i'm in last place in waiver order bleh

TeegsD

Trading Foreman to the Miller owner for Jamison Crowder. Really feeling the urge to trade more. AJ Green and Dez will both be out in two weeks and I'm worried about their replacements that week. Especially since Tyrell, Allen Hurns, Crowder, and Decker are my only real options.

Do I trade to trade away AJ or Dez? Everyone wants Kareem Hunt from me, but with Isaiah Crowell as my only other real RB until Doug Martin comes back...i dont think I can afford that. This is all 0.5PPR btw.

As far as waivers, I'm third to last due to inverse rankings every week so I'm picking up the JAX DST, no one else seems enticing. Do I try to get Smallwood or Prosise to play in place of Crowell? Any other WW that might be better plays than Crowell

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I have serious doubts about Fleener and Beasley, but I don't have much for options available, so I suppose I'll stick with them for at least another week (unless I can get Jimmy Graham).

PillarEN

My opponent who is 0-3 went full on panic mode and dipped in for 4 waivers. Bastard took Smallwood. Wasn't gonna spend my #1 waiver spot on him as my RBs are healthy and Martin is unsuspended next week.

Swapped the Bucs D for the Packers D (as in I have GB now).

Jarnet87

I picked up Bengals D over Jaguars D. Packers were still available too which I am contemplating as I normally try to go for a home team D. Bengals get Burfict back this week and I am a little cautious about the Jags after a trip to London and the Jets played a decent game at home against the fins when everyone expected the Dolphin D to crush.

Tom Nook

NFL league:

Picked up: Brate, JAX D, and Foreman

Taco Bell Leauge:

Picked up: CIN D and Clay. Still deciding to stay with Palmer or get someone else.

ryan299

Got a trade offer to swap Amari Cooper for Mike Gillisless and Kelvin Benjamin. Worth it? I need another back bc of the David Johnson injury.

Tom Nook

Jax is looking really good this year. What are your other options for QB?

Roster: Palmer and Luck on IR

Available: Dalton and Watson are currently the top 2 owned on WW. Other guys like Bort, Flacco, Hoyer, Glennon, McCown, Keenum, etc are available too.

Got a trade offer to swap Amari Cooper for Mike Gillisless and Kelvin Benjamin. Worth it? I need another back bc of the David Johnson injury.

i don't like cooper since he's a boom/bust guy, but you have to at least ask a different wr

cam is playing like dog shit and the guy is trying to get anything for kelvin benjamin while he still kinda can (i'd rather pick up sanu or gabriel from the falcons off of FA than start benjamin)

ryan299

i don't like cooper since he's a boom/bust guy, but you have to at least ask a different wr

cam is playing like dog shit and the guy is trying to get anything for kelvin benjamin while he still kinda can (i'd rather pick up sanu or gabriel from the falcons off of FA than start benjamin)

It between him and Desean Jackson, who I don't like that much. The guy has Cooks and Bryant but isn't going to give them up.

Roster: Palmer and Luck on IR

Available: Dalton and Watson are currently the top 2 owned on WW. Other guys like Bort, Flacco, Hoyer, Glennon, McCown, Keenum, etc are available too.

I'd personally go with Palmer. He's at least been consistently getting points. Dalton had a shaky first two weeks.

Who's the better stash: Branden Oliver for Gordan or Matt Breida for Hyde?

I currently have Ajayi, Crowell, Buck Allen, Perkins, Foreman, and Jamaal Williams at RB. I'm willing to drop Perkins to take a shot on one of those guys.

Drop Carolina D in two leagues and pick up Bengals and Jags.

Bengals offense can't score worth of crap but the D keeps them in the game ala sacks and picks

juicyb

For Waivers this week I dropped Kerwynn Williams and picked up Taylor Gabriel. Also my kicker is on IR so I picked up Matt Prater and also the Jaguars D.

My matchup this week in what I hope will be my first win:

My Team

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Jay Ajayi
RB2: Javorious Allen
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Devante Adams
TE: Kyle Rudolph
K: Matt Prater
D: Jaguars
W/R: Taylor Gabriel

Opponent

QB: Trevor Sieman
RB1: Carlos Hyde
RB2: Jordan Howard
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2: Brandin Cooks
TE: Jack Doyle
K: Chris Boswell
D: Lions
W/R: Mark Ingram

shwimpy

For Waivers this week I dropped Kerwynn Williams and picked up Taylor Gabriel. Also my kicker is on IR so I picked up Matt Prater and also the Jaguars D.

My matchup this week in what I hope will be my first win:

My Team

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Jay Ajayi
RB2: Javorious Allen
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Devante Adams
TE: Kyle Rudolph
K: Matt Prater
D: Jaguars
W/R: Taylor Gabriel
Really hope Ajayi bounces back this week. He was so disappointing against the Jets.

Top Bottom