• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Red Comet

So I was offered Brandin Cooks and Derrick Henry for Jordan Howard and Alvin Kamara. I’m leaning towards accepting since I still have Devonta Freeman as my RB1 but I’m a bit lacking in receivers. I also have Chris Thompson and Isaiah Crowell for what it’s worth. Would you guys take it?

Tom Nook

So I was offered Brandin Cooks and Derrick Henry for Jordan Howard and Alvin Kamara. I’m leaning towards accepting since I still have Devonta Freeman as my RB1 but I’m a bit lacking in receivers. I also have Chris Thompson and Isaiah Crowell for what it’s worth. Would you guys take it?

What is your WRs Squad?

Cooks got a Boom week but he is still one of four pass catchers for Brady.

I would not give up Howard for Cooks.

Darkman M

Whoever is getting Gurley is getting the better deal here imo. Gronk is injury prone, so that's a risk, and Miller is currently losing touches to Foreman.

Agreed I have Gurley in two money leagues an no way i make that trade. I am bias, but still Gurley has the potential to b the number 1 fantasy back.

Tom Nook

Yeah, good point. I’ve also got Adam Thielen, Pierre Garcon, Tyerelle Pryor, and Keenan Allen

You're fine in WRs. The two bolded are safe to start weekly. Pryor is a potential WR1 but for now, keep him on the bench. Garcon is good but it's Hoyer......

Doomsayer

Someone offered Zeke for AJ Green.

I would take it because my RBs are weak and my receivers are strong, but with Zeke's suspension looming I'm having doubts...

Someone offered Zeke for AJ Green.

I would take it because my RBs are weak and my receivers are strong, but with Zeke's suspension looming I'm having doubts...

it's a risk but I find the upside much higher with zeke since there are only a handful of true bellcow rb's and he's clearly one of them. but yeah, can also come back to bite you in the ass though

DerekNYC

Just traded Watkins and Charles Clay to get Kelce...how'd I do?

Watkins was just part of my flex rotation, and his upcoming schedule scared me.

Red Comet

You're fine in WRs. The two bolded are safe to start weekly. Pryor is a potential WR1 but for now, keep him on the bench. Garcon is good but it's Hoyer......

Yeah, I think I’m just gonna leave it for now and wait til next week. I work with this guy and we were coming up with all sorts of options, but I want to wait and see what happens with the week 4 games.

McBryBry

Here's an interesting one. Need some advice on this trade, since a good RB would round this team out for good. Was shooting offers at the TyMont owner. He countered with AJ and Tate for Ty and Ginn. Ginn is a downgrade for Tate, and AJ is worth more than Ty. But I'm lacking in the RB department. 2WR 2RB 1TE 2 Flex 10 team standard. I have:

QB Brady, WR Julio, AJ, Landry, Tate, Rishard, Desean Jackson, Cobb, RB CJA, McCaffrey, Ingram, West, Jamaal, TE Bennett

He has QB Wilson, Rivers, WR Baldwin, DT, Sanders, Ginn, RB Gurley, Jaquizz, TyMont, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, TE Doyle, Eifert

What should I counter with here?

gutshot

Here's an interesting one. Need some advice on this trade, since a good RB would round this team out for good. Was shooting offers at the TyMont owner. He countered with AJ and Tate for Ty and Ginn. Ginn is a downgrade for Tate, and AJ is worth more than Ty. But I'm lacking in the RB department. 2WR 2RB 1TE 2 Flex 10 team standard. I have:

QB Brady, WR Julio, AJ, Landry, Tate, Rishard, Desean Jackson, Cobb, RB CJA, McCaffrey, Ingram, West, Jamaal, TE Bennett

He has QB Wilson, Rivers, WR Baldwin, DT, Sanders, Ginn, RB Gurley, Jaquizz, TyMont, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, TE Doyle, Eifert

What should I counter with here?

I would try to get either DT or Sanders from him. And look to trade him one of your RBs since he is going to desperately need one if he trades away Montgomery. Something like AJ and West for DT and Ty is fair.

ZoronMaro

Shit what happened yesterday, out of nowhere half my starters are listed as questionable because they were "limited" in practice. Why you gotta do this to me?

None of them are playing tonight so I hope those red Q's clear up before Sunday.

Tom Nook

Shit what happened yesterday, out of nowhere half my starters are listed as questionable because they were "limited" in practice. Why you gotta do this to me?

None of them are playing tonight so I hope those red Q's clear up before Sunday.

When a player took a day off to rest, it's considered questionable.

Need some help with the Flex position: Kenny Stills vs NO or Devin Funchess vs NE?

i hate starting players in london games(well maybe with the exception of any jag players now since blake bortles morphs into tom brady lite when he plays in london) but I hate being reliant on cam newton more so i'd go with stills

ZoronMaro

When a player took a day off to rest, it's considered questionable.

For a few of them it says when I click on it I shouldn't be concerned and they're in good condition. It's just concerning to see 5 big red Q's pop up out of nowhere next to my players, makes me anxious.

VoxPop

Making a bold move and benching Tyreek Hill @ WAS this week for Mixon @ CLE and Tarik Cohen as my RB2 along with Jordan Howard. The Bears double whammy. Sounds like a terrible time. Going with Mike Evans and Devante Parker as my WRs. I figured Norman has pretty much shut down every WR this season and Tyreek will be no different. Evans has a tough matchup with Janoris but I think he can use his size to outplay him.

McBryBry

I would try to get either DT or Sanders from him. And look to trade him one of your RBs since he is going to desperately need one if he trades away Montgomery. Something like AJ and West for DT and Ty is fair.

That does sound good. Would you consider Fournette for AJ? Tossing around ideas of getting him and Amari for like AJ and Ingram.

PillarEN

Do I trust Cobb coming off an injury for Thursday? Or go to Stills in London facing a Saints defense?

Edit: change of plans. Kelvin Benjamin is on track to play taking his rightful spot in my WR lineup.

toneroni

Looking for some advice!

Wife's 12 team league - should I drop Jameis and pick up Carson Palmer? I'm thinking yes but the QB pool is fairly thin afterwards. Is Winston going to get better?
WR - Tyreek Hill might have a tough matchup but he must be better than Maclin / Snead / Crowder right?

My 12 team PPR league - Start Lamar Miller / Gillislee / or J.Stew (have Foreman also)
Should I get a backup TE since I have Kyle Rudolph? J. Cook is available but I'd have to drop either (J. Stew or J. Matthews) I also have like no WR depth.

My 14 team PPR league - Need 2 Flexes: Alshon / Thielen / Cohen (I'm starting Howard) / Riddick / Gillislee / Funchess / Watson (picked him up since Ebron is meh)
Leaning towards Alshon and Thielen

Been a rough year since I lost DJ in two of these leagues and missed draft night on one..

necrosis

Looking for some advice!

Wife's 12 team league - should I drop Jameis and pick up Carson Palmer? I'm thinking yes but the QB pool is fairly thin afterwards. Is Winston going to get better?
WR - Tyreek Hill might have a tough matchup but he must be better than Maclin / Snead / Crowder right?

absolutely not. winston can be hit or miss, but palmer is not playing well and is likely in the final stages of his career. if you have the roster space, try streaming QBs when TB looks to have an unfavorable matchup

snead is debatable imo, but i would certainly take him over maclin or crowder

My 12 team PPR league - Start Lamar Miller / Gillislee / or J.Stew (have Foreman also)
Should I get a backup TE since I have Kyle Rudolph? J. Cook is available but I'd have to drop either (J. Stew or J. Matthews) I also have like no WR depth.

this is tough. leaning towards gillislee just because of the big play potential

stick with rudolph for now; hopefully bradford will be back sooner rather than later

My 14 team PPR league - Need 2 Flexes: Alshon / Thielen / Cohen (I'm starting Howard) / Riddick / Gillislee / Funchess / Watson (picked him up since Ebron is meh)
Leaning towards Alshon and Thielen

Been a rough year since I lost DJ in two of these leagues and missed draft night on one..

alshon/riddick imo

gillislee is also viable

Joe

RB1: Ezekiel Elliott
RB2: Jordan Howard
Flex: Tarik Cohen

BN: Bilal Powell
BN: Mohamed Sanu
BN: Willie Snead

Think starting both Howard and Cohen is the way to go?

My opponent this week is the points leader so far by a nice margin.

VoxPop

RB1: Ezekiel Elliott
RB2: Jordan Howard
Flex: Tarik Cohen

BN: Bilal Powell
BN: Mohamed Sanu
BN: Willie Snead

Think starting both Howard and Cohen is the way to go?

My opponent this week is the points leader so far by a nice margin.

Over the other guys on your bench, definitely. Bears might suck since they can't throw the ball but when they do, it's to Cohen. I'm expecting a floor of 10 pts out of both guys in half point ppr leagues.

Shizza

Trying to make a decision for my flex position:

Debating between Davante Adams or Pierre Garcon.

Pierre looked pretty good last week, and Arizona looks to be giving up good points to the WR spot.

I like Adams and he has a good ceiling, but it looks like Allison filled in well enough for Cobb last week, and Cobb may be back this week.

The GB game is on tonight, so I can't really dwell on this as I would like to, but I'd welcome any thoughts on this decision.

RickAstley

Neo Member
I have a possible trade here and would like to see if anyone has any opinions.

Give:

Julio Jones
CJ Anderson

Get:

Gronk
Melvin Gordon

My RBs are Gurley, Lamar Miller, Gillislee
My WRs are AJ Green, Doug Baldwin, Emmanuel Sanders

VoxPop

Give:

Julio Jones
CJ Anderson

Get:

Gronk
Melvin Gordon

Great trade for you as you pretty much get the most reliable TE in the league and a consistently good RB barring any injuries. I would definitely do this

UberTag

I would make the above trade as well. Especially if you're in a position right now where you're streaming Tight Ends and you don't have anyone consistently reliable to trot out there.

Joe

Over the other guys on your bench, definitely. Bears might suck since they can't throw the ball but when they do, it's to Cohen. I'm expecting a floor of 10 pts out of both guys in half point ppr leagues.

Thanks for the input!

Give:

Julio Jones
CJ Anderson

Get:

Gronk
Melvin Gordon

Definitely Gordon is a stud and Gronk is one of like 2-3 TEs that you can actually depend on atm.

I have both those players in one of my leagues.

Sobriquet

Struggling to pick between Martellus Bennett and Coby Fleener. Would go with Bennett but the two starting tackles (and three backups) are not playing.

Top Bottom