• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Keep 2 QB's to go forward..

Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Deshaun Watson

Best bet is to go with the vets and trade Watson but it's so tempting to keep him when I also have Hopkins.

Keep 2 QB's to go forward..

Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Deshaun Watson

Best bet is to go with the vets and trade Watson but it's so tempting to keep him when I also have Hopkins.

newton and ryan

newton has a relatively easy ros schedule and ryan's bye has passed

i'd try to trade watson if you can, but if someone wants either ryan or newton and you can get something decent, i'd be ok with that too

NYR

Guy I play this upcoming week has one RB on bye and his only back up is Adrian Peterson...he's officially gonna go off now.
Peterson is trash now, too old. If he was halfway decent he would have had at least one good game for the Saints.

Cards have a better o line and he is more of a better plug and play in that offense that Arrington, but still.

I got outbid for Watson, but now I'm thinking of dropping Ben for Derek Carr when he comes back from injury. I want to be done with Ben, but that Steelers offensive potential keeps me wanting to hang onto him. On the other hand, the Raiders offense has been sluggish, and I'm not sure how Carr is going to play after his injury.

Help?

PillarEN

Ah man. My league has been razzing the AP owner for holding onto him for these last few weeks, he said he wanted to see if he got traded. Finally the last waiver rounds he dropped him and now AP gets traded...lol.

Fist text we get is a prompt "f you guys" lol

Holy hell? I figured he was done for. Though I'm suspicious how things will go if it didn't work out in NO. But, good fits, bad fits are a real thing so hey he could be a worthy fantasy player yet.

I got outbid for Watson, but now I'm thinking of dropping Ben for Derek Carr when he comes back from injury. I want to be done with Ben, but that Steelers offensive potential keeps me wanting to hang onto him. On the other hand, the Raiders offense has been sluggish, and I'm not sure how Carr is going to play after his injury.

Help?

i'd rather have carr than big ben

the thing with big ben is you can only realistically play him a total of 8 games in the season (whenever he plays at home) and even then, I still don't want him.

Keenum didn’t feature him much in the other games is what gets me nervous about him. I might break my no Jet rule and get ASJ.

3-2 now, 4th place with third highest scoring in my league.
You may want to check status of Diggs too. Diggs was out of the game for a while due to injury. If he's really not that healthy, Rudolph would be the next option in receiving other than Thielan

Jarnet87

AP will go off. AP is angry that the Saints are not using him and the Cards need a running game.

On the surface it looks like a deal that should see AP get a lot more work. Not being used in New Orleans, Cards are struggling in the run game. You don't trade for a guy who is complaining about not getting playing time and then don't play him.

In a 10 team, 1 QB league, what do you see Watson's value as? RB2 value? Problem I run into in finding a suitor is how easy it is to stream a QB under my format

depends on how desperate they are for a QB. I also play in a 10 man 1QB league, and it seems like everyone has a decent/good quarterback so I wouldn't pay too much for a good QB. Some people have 2QB's rostered (although my 2nd QB is luck so it kind of doesn't count right now). I feel like you could get a low/mid end RB2 or a mid WR2 for watson though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Chris Johnson dropped. So it's AP and Ellington's job.

Cardinals oline still looks like trash so I'm not sure how well he will be. He needs alot of touches to be useful.

depends on how desperate they are for a QB. I also play in a 10 man 1QB league, and it seems like everyone has a decent/good quarterback so I wouldn't pay too much for a good QB. Some people have 2QB's rostered (although my 2nd QB is luck so it kind of doesn't count right now). I feel like you could get a low/mid end RB2 or a mid WR2 for watson though.

That's how I see it as well, just wanted to get a second opinion. I have Wentz as my second QB, and I feel comfortable running with either of them on a weekly basis, so I'm fielding offers to sell high on Watson if the right deal comes along.

Joe

#1 waiver pick, who should I pick: Jaguars DEF or Jerick McKinnon?

My RBs: Ezekiel Elliott, Jordan Howard, Bilal Powell, Tarik Cohen

Jerick offers more potential points than Jaguars DEF but stability in the DEF position would be nice.

Not sure what to do.

Losing Beckham makes me pretty weak at WR now. I currently have Adam Thielen and DeSean Jackson as my only healthy WRs. Looking to make a move and trade for a buy low candidate.

I have both Cousins and Newton and don't really need to hold two QBs. Tempted to send an offer of Newton for Amari Cooper. Owner is a Panthers fan and is currently rolling with Phillip Rivers at QB, so I feel like it's a good deal for him and a dart throw for me. Am I crazy? Should I be looking at someone else to target?

Edwardo

Still on a high after McKinnon saved my keeper league team last night.

Gonna need to trade some RBs now though

Bell
Kamara
Coleman
McKinnon
Crowell
Charles
Conner

14 team league

What range of player could I expect in a trade from Kamara, Coleman, or McKinnon?

My WRs are lacking. Watkins, Cobb, R Matthews.

Griss

I had dalvin cook. My WhatsApp ff group laughed when I picked McKinnon over Murray on the waiver wire and laughed further when I started him. Boy that was a satisfying come from behind win.

Edwardo

I had dalvin cook. My WhatsApp ff group laughed when I picked McKinnon over Murray on the waiver wire and laughed further when I started him. Boy that was a satisfying come from behind win.

Such a nice feeling. The guy with the #1 waiver had Cook and got Murray. I was much further down and ended up with McKinnon. The best part is we played each other and I was down 15 pts with McKinnon vs Murray left.

well i don't blame them

he was given the chance even last year to be the guy in that backfield and he was pretty much awful, but then again that oline was a dumpster fire last year(although not as bad as the hawks oline this year)

putting fantasy aside, i'm just worried he's going to get hurt if he carries on like he did rest of season. He took ~3-5 what I considered "hard" hits last night and I was surprised he just got up like it was nothing.

that being said, if you're in a ppr league, he should have a nice floor

Kakaroach

Would you guys do a Keenan Allen plus Cohen/Ellington for Jordan Howard and Evan Engram?

I need a TE pretty badly after the Eifert and Clay injuries and am wondering if this could be good. It is a PPR league and my other WRs are Thomas and Cooks so I have sone breathing room there.

Who should I snag:
Austin Hooper
Hunter Henry
Coby Fleener

Or

Hold Zach Miller

you may as well put all the player names in a hat, spin yourself in a circle 5x and then pick a name out of the hat trying to choose a tight end

I have my waiver claims for a te this week since big jimmy is on bye

Ryan Griffin
Hunter Henry
ASJ
derby (from the broncos)
njoku

i'm expecting 2 points (in standard scoring) from any of them, and i'll still probably be disappointed

Doomsayer

Who should I snag:
Austin Hooper
Hunter Henry
Coby Fleener

Or

Hold Zach Miller

I would say take a flier on George Kittle. He always got targets but he's 100% healthy and he has a great matchup against the Redskins this weekend. He is really dependent on if Hoyer decides to be a piece of shit though...

Of those on the list I'd say Hooper. None of those are good choices though.

juicyb

Got my first win this weekend in my money league! Feels really....good? Maybe this is the start of something wonderful.

Also, grabbing Marlon Mack off waivers this week.

AJ Green and Adams balled out for me

Tall4Life

Guy is offering me ASJ for Tevin Coleman. My RBs are Devonta Freeman, Kareem, Buck Allen, and Rawls, the last of whom I'm hoping to drop in waivers. I have no real TE, I'm streaming. Do I take the trade? Trying to get Ed Dickson, Hunter Henry, or Njoku for my TE this week otherwise on waivers

Guy is offering me ASJ for Tevin Coleman. My RBs are Devonta Freeman, Kareem, Buck Allen, and Rawls, the last of whom I'm hoping to drop in waivers. I have no real TE, I'm streaming. Do I take the trade? Trying to get Ed Dickson, Hunter Henry, or Njoku for my TE this week otherwise on waivers

No. Why? ASJ is a fine waiver add but TE has very little intrinsic value right now. Would be easy to argue any of those waiver TEs perform better on a given week. Tevin Coleman is regularly performing well and is a defacto RB1 if Freeman is hurt. He’s Derrick Henry+. Would much rather drop a hopeless starter like Isaiah Crowell

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Nope. ASJ is nice but he isn't worth a flex level RB. If One of your RBs goes down Coleman will be needed. I always play to hold onto my depth unless I can package deal for a better player.

you get robbed if you make that trade

coleman is the best rb handcuff in the game because he has value on his own and you can start him every week (even in standard). henry (the next best hancuff, as with every other handcuff) has 0 value unless their starter goes down. coleman can be started every week and while he'll have the low point game every now and then, you can still start him every week

since you are planning on dropping rawls(as you should since their offensive line is probably the worst in the league right now) you don't really have depth at the rb position and I wouldn't do it-at least not for ASJ

and just finalized my waiver claims this week.. while I hate to do it, planning on dropping luck for either snead or amendola. I don't really have a lot of depth at the receiver position and I don't see luck playing until november(if he even plays at all this year)

might pick him back up next week but we'll see

will hold onto lat murray this week and see how he does. He looked awful on Monday, but I don't see how McKinnon can keep up with how he played on Monday the rest of season

Trying to target Doug Martin(Martin owner and I couldn't close a deal last week), but they are now looking for a better WR than last week, closer to a WR1. Here's my current roster(1 pt PPR):

RB: McCoy, Gore, Riddick, Smallwood
WR: Chris Hogan, Crabtree, Garçon, Pryor, Funchess, Kendall Wright

I can't get myself to deal Crabtree or Hogan for him though, am I wrong in that, or no? Hogan, Crabtree, Garçon, and Funchess are all Top-20 WR's so far, and I can't play them all, so I know I need to deal one, I just see Garçon and Funchess as more equal even though their names don't carry as much weight

Kakaroach

Hunter Henry or ASJ for this week? Waivers in an hour so opinion would be appreciated. I like Henry going forward but ASJ gets a ton of targets so I have no clue.

GrapeApes

Trying to target Doug Martin(Martin owner and I couldn't close a deal last week), but they are now looking for a better WR than last week, closer to a WR1. Here's my current roster(1 pt PPR):

RB: McCoy, Gore, Riddick, Smallwood
WR: Chris Hogan, Crabtree, Garçon, Pryor, Funchess, Kendall Wright

I can't get myself to deal Crabtree or Hogan for him though, am I wrong in that, or no? Hogan, Crabtree, Garçon, and Funchess are all Top-20 WR's so far, and I can't play them all, so I know I need to deal one, I just see Garçon and Funchess as more equal even though their names don't carry as much weight

Hogan and Crabtree would be the only ones you can move. No one is buying Garcon or Funchess for Martin. Martin pretty much is a RB1 right now. After the performance on Thursday it's obvious that he's the main back. If Martin keeps performing like expected you're going to have to offer better receivers than the ones you have.

Hogan and Crabtree would be the only ones you can move. No one is buying Garcon or Funchess for Martin. Martin pretty much is a RB1 right now. After the performance on Thursday it's obvious that he's the main back. If Martin keeps performing like expected you're going to have to offer better receivers than the ones you have.

Thanks for the honesty, much appreciated, I'll reassess it!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I often just do well enough to win (last week I won by 12 points), but not bad enough to get a good waiver spot. I missed out on McKinnon, Jags D, and Palmer this morning. 😞

will be firing up willie snead up this week since aj green is on bye

i'm expecting nothing and i'll probably still be disappointed

better than firing up both golden tate and adam thielen (in standard)

duxstar

My leagues waiver wire is messed up. They reset each week based on standings.

So i just make whatever claim i can but i dont ever get first shot at anybody.

Have we heard anything about kelce this week ?
I have zach miller on backup but Kelce is a stud

My leagues waiver wire is messed up. They reset each week based on standings.

So i just make whatever claim i can but i dont ever get first shot at anybody.

Have we heard anything about kelce this week ?
I have zach miller on backup but Kelce is a stud

my work league does that too

I tried to get them to switch to .5 ppr over the summer and no dice

Didn't bother trying ask for a change to a running waiver order/FAAB since it wouldnt have been done either

shit sucks but thats how it goes

i've been fortunate to avoid major injuries though and am in 1st place because of it

Top Bottom