• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Kakaroach

Welp thanks to Deandre Hopkins I am down by 20 points going into tonight. I still have Cohen and Vikings defense to go tonight so I have a chance at least. Hopefully something like 14 from Cohen and 7 from Vikings defense happens and I still win.

Tom Nook

I will be playing with fire this week and picking up hunter henry since Jimmy Graham is on bye and the TE position is a shitfest like it is every year

can't wait for the possible goose egg

LOL.

I don't like Brate's matchup against Ari. I come crawling back to him. LOL.

Doomsayer

I'm up 141-118 right now, so I should be alright. My opponent has Jordan Howard tonight and I think the Viking defense does a good job of stuffing him.

I'll be 2-3 if I win, because, like most of you guys I have the most points allowed in the league. I'm nearly 100 points over everyone else, fucking maddening.

This game wasn't even close until Hopkins decided to go insane in garbage time.

Already starting to try to deal with the OBJ injury. Looks like he's gone for the season, so I'm looking into the wire for a pickup. Currently I have DHopkins and DJackson as my starters, with Golloday on my bench (with a hammy). On the wire I've got Marvin Jones, Ted Ginn, Tyler Lockett, Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, or Marquise Goodwin. Any thoughts on a best pick out of that lot? I am also going to work some trade action since I have a glut of RB2/Flex RBs.

Haruko

About to suffer my first loss this season (unless Vikings DEF gets a 30 point game, haha), but extra worried cuz my QBs are Roethlisberger and Carr... I really need Carr to come back fast and healthy.

2 QB roster limit in this 12 team league and the best one on waiver wire is Jared Goff...

ZoronMaro

Welp OBJ was good for the 3 or so weeks I had him.

I can't complain too much because I'm 4-1, but replacing him is going to be a crapshoot.

God bless Gordon btw, cause he single handedly won this week for me.

Here's my receiving core minus OBJ

Larry Fitzgerald
Pierre Garcon
Devin Funchess
Will Fuller V
Sammy Watkins

Also I'm safe to drop OBJ right? He's going on IR tonight I'm assuming.

I need Tarik to be on fleek tonight, and Rudolph to be the No-nosed Viking if I am going to eek out a win.

I also need Trubisky to score a bunch on the Vikings Defense.. ugh. I'm cooked.

Two TD Tarik would make my day though.

Jarnet87

I need Rudolph to get less than 8 points tonight or my season is just about over. Bleh.

I need him to have less than 20 yards but with Bradford back I think we are both dead. Wilson stunk and Evan Engram got me a donut. Amazing how a guy who has gotten at least 4 for 40 in every game this year doesn't get a catch when three of the Giants WRs get hurt.

About to be1-4 in the mentioned league and with Odell out my best remaining receiver is Pierre Garcon. My season is over.

i'm like this close in wanting to drop luck this week, but then again I should probably drop a rb like henry since I have 6 rb's on my roster(last year I had a RB problem so I told myself this year I would do what I can to avoid that situation)

I'm starting to believe he won't play until November, if at all this year(i'm leaning towards he'll probably play one game near the end of the year and that's it). Aside from week 9 and 16, i feel like I can ride out cousins ros (skins play seahawks week 9 and broncos week 16)

we'll see how I feel tomorrow before I set my waivers

seems like a near 50/50 split in the backfield

probably going to drop murray for a wr this week since it was a total pain in the ass trying to get people to trade last year in my league

this game is fucking awful btw

jackdoe

Kyle Rudolph is finally having a good game in a matchup that I already clinched yesterday. Hopefully this carries over to next week when I absolutely need him to perform (I'm playing someone with Brady, Gronk, and Hogan during a week the Pats play the Jets).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Gotta debate on my TE to pick up since Clay is out for awhile. Rudolph, ASJ, Hunter Henry and Bennett available. Also maybe will chance it on Zach Miller since he is getting targets from Mitch

Damn got my first loss in one of leagues this week. Latavius Murray screwed me. Would’ve won with ease if I scooped McKinnon instead. Hopefully I can get him off the wire.

Won by 75 in my other league and made money on Fanduel though so i can’t complain

hom3land

FA was good to me this week. Picked up and started ASJ. Now have decent te while Clay is out. Also on a whim got Mckinnon and Collins.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Reminder to everyone that both Minnesota and Chicago are Top 5 run defenses. It was always going to be a terrible day for the running backs. Only reason Mckinnon was able to do so well was because he was trying to get himself killed.

Rbk_3

Don’t you just hate when this shit happens ?

B2A22E84-D1B1-4530-8091-017A9EDF2813.jpg

#1 in points by miles and I’m 2-3

Lost this week by 1. He had Watson, Fuller and Mckinnion left to play after the 4pm games and they needed to get him 80 points and of course they get him 81. 2nd hugest score of the week losing to the highest by 1...

Even going into tonight I was set, Mckinnion just couldn’t get 24 points...

Gotta debate on my TE to pick up since Clay is out for awhile. Rudolph, ASJ, Hunter Henry and Bennett available. Also maybe will chance it on Zach Miller since he is getting targets from Mitch
Rudolph only if Keenum starts. After Sam went down tonight, Case threw some to Kyle's way and even scored a TD.

Instro-Stephan got hurt during the game. Wasn't the same after that.

Hazelhurst

Only needed 11 points from Diggs in one of my leagues to get to 2-3. I know it's not a lock, but I thought I had a good a shot. I did not foresee a zero from Diggs. So painful. I'm now 1 - 4 in this league.

Wads

Banned
4-1 but I lost dalvin cook last week and I’m 6th in points. I replaced cook with Murray and squandered my waiver #1. I figured if mckinnon was going to do anything he would have when Petersen went out a few years ago...

At least I had Doug Martin stashed on my bench. Hope he keeps it up.

I'm now 4-1 which is my best start in fantasy. Normally I struggle early, then go on a decent winning streak before my team falls apart late. I'm first in points but have been helped by being scored on the 2nd least.

Corran Horn

Rudolph only if Keenum starts. After Sam went down tonight, Case threw some to Kyle's way and even scored a TD.

Instro-Stephan got hurt during the game. Wasn't the same after that.
Keenum didn’t feature him much in the other games is what gets me nervous about him. I might break my no Jet rule and get ASJ.

3-2 now, 4th place with third highest scoring in my league.

duxstar

5 - 0 boys

My team is pretty stacked lol.

12 team league i have

Carson Wentz
Todd Gurley
Ezekial Elliot
Julio Jones
Deandre Hopkins
Tyreek Hill
Travis Kelce
Pittsburgh defense
Raiders kicker

I went Julio, Gurley, Elliot at pick #5 in a snake draft, Dhop fell to the 4th, and i got Kelce in the 5th.

Tom Nook

What to do with the Niners RB situation?

Shanny is going with the "hot hand" approach, does that mean its 50/50 snaps between Hyde and Breida. UGH :(

I'm thinking on just putting in T Coleman and A Kamara at RB1and RB2.

Tom Nook

Don’t you just hate when this shit happens ?

#1 in points by miles and I’m 2-3

Lost this week by 1. He had Watson, Fuller and Mckinnion left to play after the 4pm games and they needed to get him 80 points and of course they get him 81. 2nd hugest score of the week losing to the highest by 1...

Even going into tonight I was set, Mckinnion just couldn’t get 24 points...

LOL.

That's me. I'm the highest scorer yet I'm 2-3.... :(

Don't you just hate when this shit happens ?

#1 in points by miles and I'm 2-3

Even going into tonight I was set, Mckinnion just couldn't get 24 points...

to rub salt in the wound

prior to this week, I had the lowest amount points scored and I was 3-1(now 4-1)

the guy who had the highest amount of points scored (he has hunt, gurley, cj anderson) and he was 2-2 (now 2-3)

ff is a cruel mistress

Yahoo likes to rub it in with their recaps:

"Game Notes
Three of the four losses for Brochachos this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season."

Badosh

Man, I lost and my opponent for some reason kept Derek Carr in his line-up.

2-3. Lost David Johnson, lost Dalvin Cook. Cooper has been terrible, Pyror has been mostly bad, Kelvin Benjamin has been hit and miss. At least I have Ertz.

Corran Horn

Ah man. My league has been razzing the AP owner for holding onto him for these last few weeks, he said he wanted to see if he got traded. Finally the last waiver rounds he dropped him and now AP gets traded...lol.

Fist text we get is a prompt "f you guys" lol

Top Bottom