• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for Netflix supernatural thriller series Stranger Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The fact one half of the Wayward Pines writing team is behind this show has me wary. Hope there's no twist in this show that sends it down the gutter like the aforementioned did after episode 4.

Palmer_v1

The fact one half of the Wayward Pines writing team is behind this show has me wary. Hope there's no twist in this show that sends it down the gutter like the aforementioned did after episode 4.

Remind me which twist you mean, in spoilers. I didn't mind Wayward Pines overall.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Remind me which twist you mean, in spoilers. I didn't mind Wayward Pines overall.
WARNING: Don't click this spoiler if you don't want Wayward Pines season 1 spoiled

Welcome to the year 4000 and all that this entails. Yawn. The back and forth showing characters "doing things" in the normal world prior to this as if it was possible to come and go to the town was all a viewer's ruse. Completely nullifying the drive of the show and main character of finding a way out of there.

I mean, they weren't the showrunners on Wayward Pines, so I really wouldn't think too much of it.

WARNING: Don't click this spoiler if you don't want Wayward Pines season 1 spoiled

Welcome to the year 4000 and all that this entails. Yawn. The back and forth showing characters "doing things" in the normal world prior to this as if it was possible to come and go to the town was all a viewer's ruse. Completely nullifying the drive of the show and main character of finding a way out of there.

Also, isn't this is the twist in the book the show is based on? I don't see what that has to do with two people who weren't even the showrunners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom