• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 08/05/2014

Myggen

This harmonix/sony guest is on point. Love his humour and hope he shows up in some more podcasts down the track.

John Drake is a "friend of the site" and has been in a bunch of content through the years. Now that he actually lives near them I'm sure he'll be on the Bombcast more often when they need a fourth chair :)

Now that GB is taking over Sony they should get Andrew House on the bombcast or UPF. I bet that guy and drink and talk about weird PS1 games for hours

What a fantastic podcast. Simply amazing.

2664055-8295345992-iDIMY.gif

Mah JIF!

This episode was one of the best episodes of all time. Until the very last second it was amazing... I can't even pick a favorite moment

The hidden track was golden.

Wonder if anyone just shut it off because the music started playing?

I hope not, that was the best part of the podcast.
This episode was one of the best episodes of all time. Until the very last second it was amazing... I can't even pick a favorite moment
Maybe if you cut out the first half hour. Even the podcasters admitted the beginning section was boring while they were talking about it.
And they were right.
Thankfully Kessler and Dan saved the rest of it.

Jamie OD

I'm actually excited by the idea of Dan challenging everybody to a game of Pogs. He sounds like he took that game seriously.

LiK

Drake should be a sub every time someone is out. Such a great podcaster.

Also, a Bombcast with Kessler and Dan together needs to happen.

LiK

Holy shit, Dan's glasses story is fucking nuts. Faux glasses would've saved him.

Bravo Brad, the extra 5 minutes at the end was great. Thanks for keeping it in.

culafia

I'm glad we finally got a good guest this week, and Drake is one of my favorites, but it felt like he went a little too hard on the PR this week. He had great moments as expected, but sometimes he didn't sound entirely genuine.

Balb

I'm glad we finally got a good guest this week, and Drake is one of my favorites, but it felt like he went a little too hard on the PR this week. He had great moments as expected, but sometimes he didn't sound entirely genuine.

As much as I like John being in Giantbomb videos/podcasts I have to admit it's weird having the crew being this close to a Sony employee. It was already kind of weird when he was at Harmonix but now it's even weirder.

erawsd

As much as I like John being in Giantbomb videos/podcasts I have to admit it's weird having the crew being this close to a Sony employee. It was already kind of weird when he was at Harmonix but now it's even weirder.

Its a little weird, but I like that its not something they're are pretending isnt there. Its funny to hear them joke about how much of a shill he is.

Darklord

Banned

Not really. They're friends with tons of people from the gaming industry and always have been. This isn't something new. They also gave Sony a bunch of shit(jokingly) in front of Drake.

What the hell Kessler.

"You gonna drink orange juice for the first time?"
K: "Yeah, going to give it a shot"
"You gonna drink it with pulp?"
K:"What is this?! Fear Factor?!"

Balb

Not really. They're friends with tons of people from the gaming industry and always have been. This isn't something new. They also gave Sony a bunch of shit(jokingly) in front of Drake.

It's true that they've always had industry friends but that doesn't necessarily make it a good thing. They've given proportionally large amounts of air/video time to Harmonix and Double Fine games in the past so you can't say that their friendships don't affect their work.

It's true that they've always had industry friends but that doesn't necessarily make it a good thing. They've given proportionally large amounts of air/video time to Harmonix and Double Fine games in the past so you can't say that their friendships don't affect their work.

I don't think a personallity driven site like GB should put restrains on how much they talk to certain video game personalities, as long as it produces good content. Besides GB has never claimed to be objective or a site that gives equall coverage of all games. Quite the opposite in fact. One of Jeff's hallmarks when creating the site, was that reviews shouldn't try to objectively compare a games' good and bad sides (like in the old Gamespot days), but should just be more or less based on the reviewer's subjective opinion.

So you're right, they're often giving more coverage to their friends than others and those relationships might also affect they views on certain products either knowingly or unknowingly.. But that's just how the site was right from the begining, if you're looking for a site that's trying to do unbiased video game coverage, GB probably isn't for you.

eznark

Banned
Mediocre dota was not an insult for that first game. The second game was much better. I haven't watched the third.

Andrew.

Banned
the post-podcast secret cast is amazing.

Just about to post about that.

Dan's stories are so fucking entertaining.

Dude can hold his own with alcohol too. Goddamn. And I thought I was skilled. 20 dark beers AND he stayed up watching practically the entire Star Wars trilogy from 2am til 7-8am?

Damn son.

Top Bottom