• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerilla: Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer is 60 FPS, singleplayer is 30 FPS

Alienous

How is that odd question? Game is aiming suddenly for 60 fps, but cant hold up 30fps in simple scenes in trailer?

Yeah, cause i dont believe that DICE wont deliver 60fps...

You don't believe that they won't?

Anyway, apparently framerate tuning is done quite late in development. And it wouldn't suddenly be 60fps. They would have toyed with it, seen if it was possible, and announced it as their target when they thought it could work. And they're techical wizards, so they'll know when it can work. They can hardly say "Killzone: Shadowfall is 60fps" because, in the builds they have shown, it isn't.

I trust they will not disappoint.

MegaTon of true... next thing you know DriveClub will too
I wish

This Gamescom is putting some back power to the PS4 Launch Titles which people at first where skeptical at first in buying and I don't mean FPS but game modes and graphical textures like Knacks Coop option, DC new build, and the Killzone MP

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So out of interest, if it's not final yet, is it likely they'll be able to achieve 60fps within the next 8-10 weeks?! I personally am not especially bothered about it, but it would be amazing if they could do it and keep that level of graphical fidelity.

Secondly, do developers ever aim for between 30 and 60? I know some games have variable frame rates, but why don't they settle on 45fps for a smooth experience still with loads of detail?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I hope he doesn't just mean multiplayer. Different framerates between campaign and multiplayer would be a batshit decision, it'd make the campaign seem so much worse when there's a direct comparison that you're switching between.

60fps in multiplayer confiirmed then.

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif

Nice.

demolitio

Holy shit. I was thinking they might try for this at announce it later as a big bomb for those who were unimpressed.

I thought the MP looked good already, but if it's going to be at 60FPS, that's absolutely insane and is another game that hurts COD's 60FPS excuse.

But from what I've learned from the DriveClub thread, this is the only way this game could be considered "good". Literally...

Edit: I guess this will turn into a joke about how going from 4-8GB of RAM literally did double the framerate! Yes, I'm joking but it wouldn't surprise me if that became a meme on here.

Alienous

I hope he doesn't just mean multiplayer. Different framerates between campaign and multiplayer would be a batshit decision, it'd make the campaign seem so much worse when there's a direct comparison that you're switching between.

Well, I can't say I've ever jumped between the singleplayer and the multiplayer frequently in a shooter. I don't think it'll be a problem.

I'm not sure even Call of Duty maintains 60fps during some of their set-pieces.

Portugeezer

So just the multiplayer?

Fine by me, but it will be a bit weird going from 30fps campaign to 60fps multiplayer and back again, but once campaign is over you only play multiplayer anyway.

Amazing if true, those latest multiplayer screens looks great.

Well, I can't say I've ever jumped between the singleplayer and the multiplayer frequently in a shooter. I don't think it'll be a problem.

Xbox 360 versions would sometimes dip to 40-50, PS3 versions would sometimes dip to 30-40. Campaign in COD is never 100% smooth but multiplayer always has been.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
They confirm that they read this at a German pc website, or rather, the Google translated version at N4G...

I'll change that. However, PCGames is one of Germany's biggest gaming magazines (if not the biggest) and seems to have been directly at gamesco.

That's great they're going 60fps. SF looks great but visually it's nothing special so it would have been a shame if the ps4 could only do 30fps with that game's graphics.

Liamario

Banned
When Shuhei was playing it at the conference, the multiplayer was definitely above 30fps. So, we need official confirmation from Guerrilla that they are targeting it for multiplayer and whether they are targeting it for single player as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I said I would preorder a ps4 if Shadow Falls's multiplayer at least was 60 and that is exactly what Im going to do on Saturday.

It should be standard now. If you want more grafics in your linear cinematic campaign, then whatever, but theres no reason for multiplayer to be 30 if the devs can help it. Awesome news.

Shikoro

If true, it really shows. As long as the Killzone feature-set and feel are there, I won't complain that it doesn't look better.

i-Lo

When Helgan is shooting minigun and camera is facing him or when ISA want to knife him for example.

Perhaps it could be the trailer (added to the fact that it's still in development). I remember when the initial trailer during Feb 20th event was released certain parts looked sub 30 but it turned out to be the video as DF provided with an analysis later stating it was running at stable 30fps.

Plus, I have yet to see proper gameplay footage (hands on) at GC of KZSF MP.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

I'm pretty finicky with framerates so it'll be an irritation for me.

But most people in this thread seem happy with the distinction so seems they've made the right call.

demolitio

I'm fine with 60fps in MP, but give me all the bells and whistles of SP at 30fps

That's kind of how I feel. I wouldn't mind that being in the case with certain games really. I do want to be absolutely wowed by the SP though so I rather it be 30 if it has to. I think the unveil and the gameplay demos looked amazing enough to me that I know I'll be wowed in certain areas of the game.

I wonder if any of the big MS games will be 60FPS in MP too. Halo at 60FPS would be amazing.

Top Bottom