• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Patch!

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a client crash occurring in the Bitter Harvest story instance.
  • Removed Path of Fire drops from non-Path of Fire content.
  • Adjusted Ogre Watch territory.
  • Fixed a bug in which anomaly fragments could be absorbed by the Legendary Anomaly at long range if they were stunned immediately after spawning.
  • Performed server maintenance. (PvP Demo)

Guardian
  • Sword of Justice: Fixed a bug that could cause this skill to strike fewer times than expected if the guardian was attacking at the same time.
  • Hammer of Wisdom: Fixed a bug that prevented Hammer of Wisdom damage from scaling with the guardian's attributes.
  • Shield of the Avenger: Fixed a bug that prevented Shield of the Avenger damage from scaling with the guardian's attributes.

Ranger
  • Pets: Fixed a bug that caused a delay in readiness upon pet swap or world entry.
  • Entangle: Fixed a bug that listed damage from this skill as Jacaranda's Embrace.
  • Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that listed damage from this trait as Jacaranda's Embrace.

YO they fixed Sword of Justice!! YESSS

Remember when Condi PS was just kinda this experimental thing that was interesting but no one would actually take over Power? Pepperidge farm remembers.

I remember when before the expansion dropped ArenaNet promised that the Zerker meta was over and me and everyone else laughed at the impossibility of that.

Lake Doric is my least favorite LS3 map. The Hearts are tedious, the event chains are just kinda nebulous and boring (though I might just feel this way due to not having spent as much time there). When I had to redo the hearts for Aurora I got reminded of how lame it was to "infiltrate" the Mantle place, water flowers, put out fires, feed soldiers...bleh. I only gather 10 magic there for the daily and that's it.

I love how in Siren's landing you can do all the hearts very quickly if you do them "properly". My only nitpick here is that for 3 of them, they all involve using that Ley Scavenger 3 skill on different things: (Melandru: Risen Corpses, Grenth: Wraiths, Lyssa: Fountains).
100% this which is unfortunate because it might be my favorite map aesthetically in many ways. You have Divinity's Reach and the giant feedback as this huge set piece looming over the map. You have all this human architecture which is pleasant to look at. The forest area is absolutely gorgeous.

The hearts are extremely poorly tuned. And the lake not being there is a bummer as the map would look so much better with it.

I get that underwater combat sucks and no one wants it, but having water in a map can have a great impact on the flow and how people travel around a map. Not to mention it's aesthetic value. If Lake Doric had the lake it would be my favorite LWS3 map.

Stuart444

You know, it really feels like some of these missions aren't meant to be solo'd or Duo'd. I know they can be but still it feels like it.

I died so much in confessor's end. So much death. Mainly to the bosses. Was in my underwear by the end.

Also the NPCs seem more stupid than they were in HoT before LWS3. Now instead of reviving us asap, they decide to keep hitting the enemy and maybe reviving you when downed/defeated if they feel like about 5 seconds after you get defeated (seriously, I've had an NPC ignore me until I get defeated and then decides it's a good time to start rezzing. x.x)

Indignate

Separate question: Items for the Item Collection Achievements, can you delete the item after getting it without affecting the achievements? Just cause, I got several items in my inventory from several collections that I don't plan on doing for a bit and wondering if I can delete them without having to find them again.

For the most part, you're free to sale them (sometimes they're worth quite a bit so selling them is worth instead of just throwing them out). They will usually indicate as such by the description saying that they are for item collection reasons only or something like that.

There are a few that you to keep around for crafting reasons, but that's generally for the legendary stuff.

You know, it really feels like some of these missions aren't meant to be solo'd or Duo'd. I know they can be but still it feels like it.

I died so much in confessor's end. So much death. Mainly to the bosses. Was in my underwear by the end.

Also the NPCs seem more stupid than they were in HoT before LWS3. Now instead of reviving us asap, they decide to keep hitting the enemy and maybe reviving you when downed/defeated if they feel like about 5 seconds after you get defeated (seriously, I've had an NPC ignore me until I get defeated and then decides it's a good time to start rezzing. x.x)

I think I died once to those bosses on multiple character play throughs.

I don't want to be that guy but everything personal story related and living world instance related is designed to be soloable. It's just the game is terrible at teaching players how to play, set up their gear and build, and things like dodging.

Massicot

I don't want to be that guy but everything personal story related and living world instance related is designed to be soloable. It's just the game is terrible at teaching players how to play, set up their gear and build, and things like dodging.

To be fair, I think that Episode 4 encounter was the most difficult of the season (If I'm remembering them correctly). Lots of aoe spam in a really cramped room.

Stuart444

To be fair, I think that Episode 4 encounter was the most difficult of the season (If I'm remembering them correctly). Lots of aoe spam in a really cramped room.

And mesmer teleports (first boss fight) and a Jade in the second later on in the fight (also lots of aoe).

I know how to play and dodge. I just have slow reaction time. But I do my best, I've been playing on and off since the game came out and I love it but some of these bosses from the LW (and some fights in HoT) just feel overtuned.

On a separate note: I'm loving the banter between the characters, especially Taimi and Canach. <3

Started FlashPoint and that first instance was awesome.

Ashodin

Guardians are busted, I knew we were the most OP class.

From our discord:
their signets can be moved from 9th slot, to 8th slot to 7th slot and they get triple the benefit of the signet

Dizzy-4U

Thief question: Now that I've got dash, I don't need the signet of shadows anymore, right? They don't stack?

Probably go with the signet of agility instead since it refills the endurance bar.

And mesmer teleports (first boss fight) and a Jade in the second later on in the fight (also lots of aoe).

I know how to play and dodge. I just have slow reaction time. But I do my best, I've been playing on and off since the game came out and I love it but some of these bosses from the LW (and some fights in HoT) just feel overtuned.

On a separate note: I'm loving the banter between the characters, especially Taimi and Canach. <3

Started FlashPoint and that first instance was awesome.

Canach steals the show in literally every scene he's in.

Thief question: Now that I've got dash, I don't need the signet of shadows anymore, right? They don't stack?

Probably go with the signet of agility instead since it refills the endurance bar.

Yep. You can drop Signet of Shadows. Sprint is the fastest you can run out of combat. Signet of Agility and Assassin's Signet are both great skills to have on your bar as a power thief.

Dizzy-4U

Yep. You can drop Signet of Shadows. Sprint is the fastest you can run out of combat. Signet of Agility and Assassin's Signet are both great skills to have on your bar as a power thief.
Thanks for the info. You mean having both at the same time or swaping between the two depending on the situation?

Freeman76

The bosses are not fun and are way too hard for most players. You just need to look on their forums or reddit to see how many people found them enfuriating.

Some of the LW fight mechanics are amongst the most obnoxious in gaming as a whole in my opinion. I cant understand how they can make such an amazing MMO and yet fail so hard in this area, its like they think "yeah this is a good idea" slap it all together, dont play it at all and hope for the best.

LFG is often full of ppl looking to group up for the more shitty boss fights. If it was designed to be soloable why is this happening so much? The fact the fights dont scale when everything else in the gameworld does says it all.

Massicot

I had a long post about how much I liked the Shattered Observatory Fractal (esp the CM) but it kinda got a bit aimless so I just want to say I like it a lot. It's good stuff.

Path of Fire has clawed me back into this game again. Doing fractals again is pretty fun, all the new stuff in them is cool so that's a plus. I'm so close to Ad Infinitum I can smell it. Just need some more clovers, ectos, and T6 mats.

Can I get an invite please? Noviere.7309

I'd love to have a go at the weekly fractals night! Mind you, I have never run a fractal before, so...

Also, yeah. Some of the LW bosses are a total pain solo. I found the second time around on my alt things went much more smoothly though, since I knew what I was going into. I usually go blind on my main the first time through. I'm not at the final boss of season 3 with my alt yet, but it was definitely the one where I wanted to scream and ended up naked on my main.

Stuart444

The bosses are not fun and are way too hard for most players. You just need to look on their forums or reddit to see how many people found them enfuriating.

That's the weird thing for me. I may complain about them but I do find them 'mostly' fun - only like one or two that I didn't find fun. But I did find most of them fun.

'm not at the final boss of season 3 with my alt yet, but it was definitely the one where I wanted to scream and ended up naked on my main.

Huh... maybe I should make a LFG preemptively for that when I get to it then >_>

Spyware

The people posting about the game are a minority and most people don't post whenever something is fine or good (this applies to everything ever).
So something like that can't be based on what a minority complans about.

The story instances frequently just have poorly designed mechanics. Final boss of Head of the Snake has an unnecessary number of mechanics that make the fight pretty tedious, for example.

They're obviously soloable but I'd appreciate a bit more elegance in the design, rather than just throwing a bunch of adds and a kaleidoscope of ground targeted skills at the player.

Oh, and then there are fights like the shining blade trials in the ep 6 of LWS3 that just aren't well explained. That shit is really obnoxious, but at least it's trivial on the 2nd pass.
The people posting about the game are a minority and most people don't post whenever something is fine or good (this applies to everything ever).
yeah, unless you have the full set of all players ever, how could you possibly try to do anything with that information!? Statistics is a conspiracy.

Stuart444

So LWS3 Ep 5 stuff, just freed'd one of the
Druids

Hahahahaha. The dialogue after the first one. I lost it when our character said "I'll be fine as soon as I liberate more of my magical ghost friends

CrimsonN0

Well, I'm getting closer to needing to salvage Ascended gear to finish Ad Infinitum.
I've only started playing again in the last few weeks, so I'm not sure what's the best Ascended thing I should get rid of or make.
What's the cheapest thing to make? Armor(light, medium, heavy)? Weapons?

One of the things that worry me about the future of GW2 is that we've just had six (awesome!) maps added in season 3. These integrate very well with the core world, but I worry that fragmentation will keep them from being regularly played in the future.

I get stressed thinking about all the achievements I need in all 6 maps. There are skins and collectables I want everywhere and I don't have that much time to play. When the expansion hits, I wonder if these areas will get regular play.
HoT was conservative with its four condensed zones because just adding lots and lots of zones leaves you open to dead areas. ArenaNet have to be careful to make sure that all areas of the game gets play and regular people.

I think they should make bonus loot/drop modifiers for irregular mobs and champions. So if few people are playing on Emberbay, the longer the mobs there are not being killed, the more /higher quality loot they will give. That would incentivize players going out of their way to find irregular events and mobs to kill.

Massicot

One of the things that worry me about the future of GW2 is that we've just had six (awesome!) maps added in season 3. These integrate very well with the core world, but I worry that fragmentation will keep them from being regularly played in the future.

I get stressed thinking about all the achievements I need in all 6 maps. There are skins and collectables I want everywhere and I don't have that much time to play. When the expansion hits, I wonder if these areas will get regular play.
HoT was conservative with its four condensed zones because just adding lots and lots of zones leaves you open to dead areas. ArenaNet have to be careful to make sure that all areas of the game gets play and regular people.

I think they should make bonus loot/drop modifiers for irregular mobs and champions. So if few people are playing on Emberbay, the longer the mobs there are not being killed, the more /higher quality loot they will give. That would incentivize players going out of their way to find irregular events and mobs to kill.

I think the maps will stay pretty relevant. Even over a year later, swarms of people still go to kill (again) that Justicar ghost. The daily chests for the ls3 maps give a good amount of karma (I know some people have millions of that but yea) and the stat-selectable ascended trinkets are great rewards.

Not saying that they won't drop off with the expansion but I think they will be fine.

Freeman76

Are you believing what you type?

I dont even know what to say to this, clearly logical debating is out the window with you so I wont try.

Spyware

Are you believing what you type?

I dont even know what to say to this, clearly logical debating is out the window with you so I wont try.
Yeah you set the bar when you started the discussion with a hyperbolic "most people" instead of stating your personal opinion. So I'm fine with not discussing with you :)

And I absolutely "believe what I type". Otherwise I wouldn't write it, duh.

Wanderer5

Eh much of the LS3 bosses have been generally fine, maybe needing some slight adjustments at best.

The boss for confessor's end however, was a huge cluster fuck in a small room that was not really fun at all. Least they tone it down a bit, through I haven't gone back there to see post-nerf version.

Stuart444

The "Heart of the Volcano" mission was awesome, had a lot of fun in that even if I died once due to falling into the middle of the room lava >_>

Going into trying the new specializations tomorrow, I am excited about trying the Weaver, but must confess; I don't think any of them comes close to me in terms of hitting the thematic awesomeness of Reaper, Druid and Daredevil.

To me, those 3 classes became awesome because of these elite specializations.

There is nothing really in this batch that gives me that strong of a thematic "holy shit". But I am not disappointed or anything. I think elite specializations, even when you're not interested in them, is a massive boon, as it helps diversifying every class. Every class is almost doubled (or more) in terms of variable builds and methods of play, making every skill more individualized and customizeable as new utillities and weapons are added creating more niche roles and more synergy across the divide.

And I am interested in seeing if the gameplay in any of them will surprise me tomorrow. :)

Freeman76

Going into trying the new specializations tomorrow, I am excited about trying the Weaver, but must confess; I don't think any of them comes close to me in terms of hitting the thematic awesomeness of Reaper, Druid and Daredevil.

To me, those 3 classes became awesome because of these elite specializations.

There is nothing really in this batch that gives me that strong of a thematic "holy shit". But I am not disappointed or anything. I think elite specializations, even when you're not interested in them, is a massive boon, as it helps diversifying every class. Every class is almost doubled (or more) in terms of variable builds and methods of play, making every skill more individualized and customizeable as new utillities and weapons are added creating more niche roles and more synergy across the divide.

And I am interested in seeing if the gameplay in any of them will surprise me tomorrow. :)

Its going to be awesome trying to figure out good builds, there is no feeling like a new MMO content patch :)

Cels

I have read other people saying that the devs have said it will be the same amount.

heh, i've been doing VB/AB hp trains to get hps for all my characters because those zones might be dead come POF. bought HOT a couple weeks ago, on the 5th.

if it's still 250 for pof elites, i might hold onto all those hps to see which elite spec of the two i want to try first. although i already unlocked herald on rev, oops

Ashodin

do we know if unlocking the pof elite specs will be the same as hot? i.e. is it still 250 hero points?

AFAIK yes, but this time it's a little more involved - you have to find your teacher of your spec - A Holosmith, a Firebrand, etc, and learn about their order a bit (sort of like a quest) before unlocking the path. Also, your weapon is more thematically tied in the collection, so earning it will feel like you're treading down the path of the Weaver, the Deadeye, etc.

heh, i've been doing VB/AB hp trains to get hps for all my characters because those zones might be dead come POF. bought HOT a couple weeks ago, on the 5th.
Absolutely not.

Stuart444

So I just did Triple Trouble for the first time...

Is it normal that no one said anything more or less and that the health of the wurms stayed at max with only 2/20 (or whatever it was) wurm good. (I was at amber but the other wurms stayed at max health as well).

People just died and then rushed back to die again to ALL the champions (seriously, so many champion husks).

So yeah, that normal or I was just unlucky?

Morokh

Might happen right at launch, but will definitely not happen in the mid-long term, people still run Cursed Shore for events and you STILL see some Frostgorge Champ Trains ...
SW is still very healthy, DT still has plenty of people running around and on week-ends it's not rare to see a guild run T6 maps.

From what we've seen from the demo with the identification system, although rare drops are still a thing they might get rarer, which might make the HoT metas the go-to place if you're after a lot of ectos.
Also, Gen 2 Legendaries are still not complete and they at least require map completion of the HoT maps, and some map-related currencies which could be enough by itself.

Massicot

So I just did Triple Trouble for the first time...

Is it normal that no one said anything more or less and that the health of the wurms stayed at max with only 2/20 (or whatever it was) wurm good. (I was at amber but the other wurms stayed at max health as well).

People just died and then rushed back to die again to ALL the champions (seriously, so many champion husks).

So yeah, that normal or I was just unlucky?

For Triple Trouble, you pretty much need a coordinated effort to succeed in it. The guild [EVOS] was created pretty much for solely doing Triple Trouble and afaik I believe they still run it, though I would have to google around to figure out their schedule. I know guilds like TTS and i think ATT have also done Wurm runs.

(I do not know if this is still accurate: http://192.241.236.74/evos/time/)

For a "pug" map, people might ad-hoc coordinate for a single decap (only focusing on one head for partial rewards) but that's about it.

Stuart444

For Triple Trouble, you pretty much need a coordinated effort to succeed in it. The guild [EVOS] was created pretty much for solely doing Triple Trouble and afaik I believe they still run it, though I would have to google around to figure out their schedule. I know guilds like TTS and i think ATT have also done Wurm runs.

(I do not know if this is still accurate: http://192.241.236.74/evos/time/)

For a "pug" map, people might ad-hoc coordinate for a single decap (only focusing on one head for partial rewards) but that's about it.

Hmm, doubt I'll be on at about 4:30am. Don't think the EU one listed was up though since that's the one that failed (and no one said anything at all) I'm pretty sure. :/ ah well. I'll just have to try each day and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom