• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

I can confirm I am also downloading the client. EXCELLENT, SMITHERS. ALL I NEED IS THE BWE KEY.. MWAHAHAHAHA

simpsons-money-fight.gif

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It's a joke, Kayos thinks it's coming in November and we all give him shit for it because his evidence doesn't hold up.

lol I figured it was some sort of joke but who knows nowadays. =x

I was about to go cry in a corner. =/

Jira

Given the fact that the old launcher stopped working last week and is now working again along with downloading the new launcher and patching leads me to believe we will officially get the client link tomorrow (Tuesday).

GrizzNKev

Banned
This weekend beta.... is it really an open beta or do you need to preorder the game to get in?

You have to pre-purchase. There will likely be an open beta closer to launch... whenever that is.

And lol, someone commented on my video saying they unsubbed because of my fake announcement. I had to change the title :(

Edit: and now they removed it. lol

Jira

You have to pre-purchase. There will likely be an open beta closer to launch... whenever that is.

And lol, someone commented on my video saying they unsubbed because of my fake announcement. I had to change the title :(

Edit: and now they removed it. lol

I was gonna warn you that people would probably run with it and flip their shit.

hittman

Banned
i don't have the old client to update, but do have the game through pre-purchase.

will the client be available to people in my position?

edit: just read Jira's post above. Tuesday at the latest... which is wednesday for me

Jira

i don't have the old client to update, but do have the game through pre-purchase.

will the client be available to people in my position?

Considering the old client got reactivated in the past few hours, expect to get an email with a link to it on Tuesday. I would say Wednesday at the absolute latest, but Tuesday is looking to be a sure thing at this point.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
i'm seeing download client not available either.
is this for usa(as in: not europe) only atm?

It's not available. However, people who were in the previous beta had their client updated to the new one which is why some of us can do it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
i'm seeing download client not available either.
is this for usa(as in: not europe) only atm?
Pretty sure all regions can use that link. We're not "officially" downloading the client. It's just the link to the old launcher that will actually self-update itself and then download the new client.

ANet servers make me cry. 500kbps on FIOS. =/

Jira

Pretty sure all regions can use that link. We're not "officially" downloading the client. It's just the link to the old launcher that will actually self-update itself and then download the new client.

ANet servers make me cry. 500kbps on FIOS. =/

Servers are probably getting hammered as that link makes its way through communities and technically we're not supposed to have it so it's not like their servers are currently ready for the oslaught until today. Anyways, I did see some guy say adding -image to the target field on the shortcut sped his download up considerably, but I think it was mere coincidence when he rebooted the launcher. Maybe try restarting the launcher first?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Servers are probably getting hammered as that link makes its way through communities and technically we're not supposed to have it so it's not like their servers are currently ready for the oslaught until today. Anyways, I did see some guy say adding -image to the target field on the shortcut sped his download up considerably, but I think it was mere coincidence when he rebooted the launcher. Maybe try restarting the launcher first?
Apparently, the download speed reported by the new client is wrong. -image forces the old look without the nice UI, but it reports a more accurate speed.

Ashodin

Hmmm interesting to say the least. I really love the new launcher look, and if the download speed is just an illusion, I'm fine with the illusion even if it's going faster.

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/pV...4AhkjAVCp0IUp3ptvHlENECYbMWlJ49hwCn1J/Gw2.zip

It's the old client link, and when you launch it it'll look like the old launcher, but it'll download about 10 MB in new assets then relaunch as the new launcher and tell you about the upcoming BWE as it downloads GW2 for you.

Thanks! Rather download this now then tomorrow or the day after when the whole world is downloading it.

How much GB is the client? Because I have 300mb downloaded right now and it still says 1%...

And btw guys, I don't have the old client to update either and that link is working fine for me. You don't need the old beta client. You get the old launcher that updates itself to the new one, and then it just starts downloading the new client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom