• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herla

They should let us fuck around in WvW while we wait for a proper beta event.
Who cares about balance and content, I just want to hit gates!

nataku

I ended up buying Tera in the meantime. A friend of mine was getting it, so I figured why not. Plus, I wanted to at least compare the combat, since there's so much shit slinging between the two game's fanboys.

It's a good thing Tera has good combat, because the rest of the game...

Trey

I ended up buying Tera in the meantime. A friend of mine was getting it, so I figured why not. Plus, I wanted to at least compare the combat, since there's so much shit slinging between the two game's fanboys.

It's a good thing Tera has good combat, because the rest of the game...

Yeah, you're on the list now too.

People who put the thoughts swimming around in my head down in type word for word exactly:

Hawkian
GrizzNKev
nataku

Hit me up sometime: I'm on the GAF server Dragonfall. CN is Didact because I'm a Halo nerd.

I'd be good with late August. As much I really want to play the game I'm so busy these next few months and honestly, mid September would be fine because that's when I get back from vacation!

/selfish

Ferrio

Banned
I have a feeling guild wars is going to pull a WoW.

Not as in the "insane amount of players" type of way. But I think it might be the first MMO in a long while that's going to have a gradual increase in players (like WoW did), opposed to the mass exodus that usually happens. Due to the fact it's going to have no subscription.. there's no reason for people to stop playing... and I think word of mouth will cause it to spread to people who might be overlooking it/ or passing it up.

/\/\/\

Yeah, I could see this. It will be tough because a vast majority of MMO players in WoW are really connected to their character and not necessarily the type of game that it is (MMO), at least from my experience of the players that have only played WoW as their first MMO.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have a feeling guild wars is going to pull a WoW.

Not as in the "insane amount of players" type of way. But I think it might be the first MMO in a long while that's going to have a gradual increase in players (like WoW did), opposed to the mass exodus that usually happens. Due to the fact it's going to have no subscription.. there's no reason for people to stop playing... and I think word of mouth will cause it to spread to people who might be overlooking it/ or passing it up.

I think most people stop playing MMOs simply because they don't enjoy them, not because of the subscription fee... plenty of folks don't play the f2p MMOs... although I do agree that it will do better than other MMOs.

Ferrio

Banned
I think most people stop playing MMOs simply because they don't enjoy them, not because of the subscription fee... plenty of folks don't play the f2p MMOs... although I do agree that it will do better than other MMOs.

I do think a fee comes into it. It's hard to justify paying 2 subscriptions to two MMOs at the same time. Especially if one you only dabble in. Not having a subscription makes it so people can still play their WoW, and not feel guilty they're paying for another game they might only play once a week. Not to mention the person who only plays once a week has MORE incentive to buy gems to keep up with people who play more often.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I do think a fee comes into it. It's hard to justify paying 2 subscriptions to two MMOs at the same time. Especially if one you only dabble in. Not having a subscription makes it so people can still play their WoW, and not feel guilty they're paying for another game they might only play once a week. Not to mention the person who only plays once a week has MORE incentive to buy gems to keep up with people who play more often.

Oh yeah it totally does, especially for the reasons you just mentioned. This happened to me when I was playing both WoW and AION way back.

DarkSloth

hom.jpg

Sweet jesus, finally. After 7 years I finally got 30 points in the HoM. I've been a poor ranger all my life, so if I can do it anyone can. I just played the game normally for the most part. Rangers never seemed to have any farming builds. Its been a good 7 years.

The only horrible part was grinding Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. I enjoyed the first couple of games, but trying to reach zaishen rank 3 was a killer. I can't imagine how it would have felt without the double faction week. I was definitely ready to throw up by the end... Now I'm officially ready for GW2. Lets GO!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, you're on the list now too.

People who put the thoughts swimming around in my head down in type word for word exactly:

Hawkian
GrizzNKev
nataku

Hit me up sometime: I'm on the GAF server Dragonfall. CN is Didact because I'm a Halo nerd.
You guys are playing Tera? Arg. I am so anti-subscription fee that I just can't bring myself to do it, but I'd like to give it a shot if just to have something MMO-y to tide me over besides GW1. Gah. $12 a month right? I just can't.

Alex

I'm done paying fees for MMOs unless something utterly magical comes along, I championed them ages ago but they no longer make sense for me nor are they required any longer for the genre.

It just reached a point where I got sick of playing games according to everyone elses timetable. Subscription, scheduled raids, etc. Gaming is a primary hobby of mine and I spend good time on it and luckily I have a wife who does a lot of it with me but it has to be my time and when I feel like doing it.

What I mostly want going forward:

1.) No subscription fees unless you can REALLY justify it (hint: you can't)

2.) More longevity on the whole using the entire game world rather than funneling people into a claustrophobic end game then stringing along one or two extremely shitty content patches a year. Just use your content properly then drop an expansion.

3.) To be able to be challenged and play in groups from start to end. If MMOs want to be open world Diablo then give me the damn scaling of Diablo. Sick of solo and piss easy wastelands.

4.) To be able to log on at cap, pick out a friend or two, and do genuine progression content. It can be as hard as shit, that's perfectly welcome. It's progression and it's end game.

And for any of those people who say "small group content cant be as hard as real raid content", that is because even at the *peak* the truly challenging part of raiding rarely has anything to do with the content.

Card Boy

Banned
As Ramsey says on Kitchen Nightmares, he only wants to hear the negatives about his food and not stroke his own ego his the positives. I feel Arenanet is stroking their own egos with this blog update.

http://www.arena.net/blog/link-roundup-beta-weekend-event

I want to hear what they have learned and what changes they have made from last weeks beta event. I don't want to hear the positives, i already got the game.

Trey

You guys are playing Tera? Arg. I am so anti-subscription fee that I just can't bring myself to do it, but I'd like to give it a shot if just to have something MMO-y to tide me over besides GW1. Gah. $12 a month right? I just can't.

You have to buy it outright, so at least 50+ tax. Comes with a "free" month, though. And it's okay. As far as I can tell, you aren't missing shit. They say it gets better (as far as encounters go, not the overall game structure) later on and I have no reason to doubt them, so that's what I'm looking forward to. The combat system is refreshing though, but I much prefer GW2's. The rest of the game is standard MMO fare down to a tee, aside from a political system which only manifests itself after you reach max level and seriously integrate yourself into the community.

markot

Banned
As Ramsey says on Kitchen Nightmares, he only wants to hear the negatives about his food and not stroke his own ego his the positives. I feel Arenanet is stroking their own egos with this blog update.

http://www.arena.net/blog/link-roundup-beta-weekend-event

I want to hear what they have learned and what changes they have made from last weeks beta event. I don't want to hear the positives, i already got the game.

Hm, well they are trying to sell a product too. They seemed to be pretty receptive of stuff on the forums.

Alex

You have to buy it outright, so at least 50+ tax. Comes with a "free" month, though. And it's okay. As far as I can tell, you aren't missing shit. They say it gets better (as far as encounters go, not the overall game structure) later on and I have no reason to doubt them, so that's what I'm looking forward to. The combat system is refreshing though, but I much prefer GW2's. The rest of the game is standard MMO fare down to a tee, aside from a political system which only manifests itself after you reach max level and seriously integrate yourself into the community.

Tera is frustrating, because it could have very easily been a great game, (and despite its short comings, it probably the most simple and solid MMO of the past few years, IMO), but it just didn't have the follow through to be anything other than decent.

If it didn't take half the game to go by for proper combat to rear it's head, and it had more to support it, like a better game world, better questing, better class design, more subsystems and instead didn't just reek of generic Korean MMO with a hybrid combat system (I like it, but it sure as hell ain't Monster Hunter or true action despite what marketing and fans say, it's still hotkey/CD based, it's the most traditional/trinity MMO on the market that I can think of, it's really stationary and it has no supporting systems.).

I want to give it a better go in the future, now that I've slogged through the crap parts of it, but I sort of want to try another class and they desperately need some functionality to pass by the lowbie game again if you reroll because that ultra linear slog of junk was bad enough once. Probably nab it when the box price drops during some lull.

Hm, well they are trying to sell a product too. They seemed to be pretty receptive of stuff on the forums.

MMO publishers are all pretty shit in terms of communication. Blizzard was, freakishly, the most active in meaningful community discourse for awhile but then they realized it was easier to keep quiet and do what you want without being clubbed to death and have the same results.

But after the embarrassment that was: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469 I'd just keep my mouth shut anyway.

Tera is frustrating, because it could have very easily been a great game, (and despite its short comings, it probably the most simple and solid MMO of the past few years, IMO), but it just didn't have the follow through to be anything other than decent.

If it didn't take half the game to go by for proper combat to rear it's head, and it had more to support it, like a better game world, better questing, better class design, more subsystems and instead didn't just reek of generic Korean MMO with a hybrid combat system (I like it, but it sure as hell ain't Monster Hunter or true action despite what marketing and fans say, it's still hotkey/CD based, it's the most traditional/trinity MMO on the market that I can think of, it's really stationary and it has no supporting systems.).

I want to give it a better go in the future, now that I've slogged through the crap parts of it, but I sort of want to try another class and they desperately need some functionality to pass by the lowbie game again if you reroll because that ultra linear slog of junk was bad enough once. Probably nab it when the box price drops during some lull.

MMO publishers are all pretty shit in terms of communication. Blizzard was, freakishly, the most active in meaningful community discourse for awhile but then they realized it was easier to keep quiet and do what you want without being clubbed to death and have the same results.

But after the embarrassment that was: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469 I'd just keep my mouth shut anyway.

I agree with a lot of your points.

What bugs me the most perhaps is the questing system. It is exactly like WoW's(previous game may of created the concept but I don't know) in that you click and forget a crap ton of quests in a hub then run out to do them.

After playing Guild Wars 2 I constantly compare TERA to it, at least in terms of how it handles questing and groups. In the end I'll most likely be playing Guild Wars 2 MMO wise.

In TERA's defense the combat that is there is fun, just the surrounding systems manage to make it kind of boring at a certain point.

Jira

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/08/guild-wars-2-wants-you-to-play-with-friends/

After reading this I saw that there's nothing new lol.

PCG: So you’ll be able to transfer your character between servers for free in Guild Wars 2. Can you give us details on how this’ll work?

Eric Flannum: Servers and server transfers work a bit differently in Guild Wars 2 than they do in a typical MMO. First, we ask you to choose a Home Server. This Home Server determines which side you play for in our World vs. World combat as well as which bonuses from World vs. World are available to you. Another difference is that our guilds exist across servers. Think of each guild as having a distinct “chapter” that exists on any world where guild members make their homes. So this concept of a home world is very important for Guild Wars 2 players.

A player may transfer from their home world to a new home world for a fee. This fee exists because we want players to make transferring to a new home world a very serious thing and not something that players do on a whim. Once a player pays to transfer, there’s a seven-day period during which they cannot transfer again.
A player may also choose to play on any server where they have a friend as a guest. We want “guesting” to be an easy way for players to play with their friends from different worlds, so we won’t charge any sort of real world money fee for guesting. Beyond that, we’re still working on what other restrictions we might need to impose and will announce more details when we have them implemented.

PCG: Obviously your home server is an important part of World vs. World battles. How will you keep easy access to server transfers from being abused by people wanting to join the “winning” team?

EF: The fee should serve as a pretty large deterrent to people looking to jump on the winning side. Beyond this, a player’s not eligible to receive any of the World vs. World bonuses during the match that is ongoing when they transfer. Because of our matchmaking system, you can never be certain that your side is going to win the next matchup, so you’d be risking your money without any guarantee of being able to reap the rewards that come with victory.

Switching teams right before the match ends is dishonorable and, in GW2, fruitless.

PCG: It’s really kind of surprising that most MMOs make it so difficult to play with your friends. Do you think every MMO can, and should, implement these sorts of features?

EF: Our guesting system is something that’s unique to the way we set up our servers, so I’m not certain how other MMOs would be able to do the same things that we do. That being said, I would personally love to see more MMOs play around with different ways of structuring servers.

PCG: So I can get to my friend’s server. That’s great. But what if we’re different levels? How will rewards work when high-level players are grouping with low-level characters in low-level areas?

EF: High level characters who are playing in low level areas still receive rewards appropriate to their “real” level. The rate at which they gain these rewards is lower in the lower level area than if they’d been playing in an area that was equal to their own level. This reward system works on a sliding scale so that extreme level differences are much less efficient than slight level differences. For example, a level 80 player going to a level 10 area would earn rewards less efficiently than a level 40 player going to that same area. We are always tweaking this number but we generally want to find a sweet spot where players feel rewarded without it being open to exploit.

People with exploding houses don't care what level you are, they just want help!

PCG: Is there still a way to powerlevel a friend’s character, and if not, was that an intentional design choice?

EF: The most efficient way to play the game definitely involves playing with other people although powerleveling in the classic sense is not possible due to the way we dynamically adjust character levels. This was an intentional choice since we want our game to be a social experience.

PCG: Are there any other features in Guild Wars 2 that help facilitate friends playing together, no matter what level or server their characters are?

EF: There are quite a few things that we implemented intentionally to help facilitate players playing with each other. For example, our waypoint system is designed to allow players to quickly and easily travel to wherever their friends are. Friends lists and guild membership are account-based to help people play with each other and not force them to remember a long list of alts. Whenever we design a new feature we always ask ourselves how it impacts our players’ ability to play with their friends.

PCG: Thanks for your time.

Every time I see the title of this thread, my hopes are raised for a millisecond and I briefly believe the Beta servers are back up.

Can we has mod edit on the OP / title?

Boss Man

Running Windows? Click start and type dxdiag, click save info and then post the info from there in a quote here.
I have a laptop with integrated shIntel graphics. 64mb

Games tend to be hit or miss with that. I can sort of play Skyrim with it, but then something random like Counter Strike might not run. I was hoping there'd be something like Square did for FFXIV where you could run the game's opening scene (or not run it).

Jira

This was good for a laugh:

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1224448p1.html

Working Against it

Guild Wars 2 places a lot of emphasis on its movement-based combat, but once you consider that it's still based on tab targeting and largely familiar abilities, you might find that its appeal wanes in comparison to games like TERA (or even WoW, if you're still invested). I've also noticed that players have a tendency to slip into the roles of healer, tank, and DPS, even though one of ArenaNet's selling points for Guild Wars 2 is that the Holy Trinity no longer applies. Its endgame also leaves too many questions unanswered, since it seems to focus almost entirely on forms of PvP and dungeon runs with comparable gear available from each. Players who want to raid will likely end up staying with other games.

People were tanking and healing? Was he playing the same game I was? Kinda hard to tank when you can't taunt nor sit there and take hits and AoE heals that tick for less than mobs hit for and you sure as hell aren't a healer. Also, I think many people have a hard time grasping the concept that there's no raid or die AND people GROSSLY overestimate how many people raid in any serious manner. WoW's serious raidbase consists of ~5-8% of the playerbase and the amount of people who do hard modes is even less, point being creating content for a small amount of people is ultimately detrimental to your game. The more content you create for everyone the more people you retain, varied types of content is how you keep people playing. I won't get into anything else in regards to WoW because I'll just go off on a tangent, but I will say that it's been well proven that raiding isn't the only way to present PvE content and more so you don't need to turn your game into a treadmill.

Absinthe

This was good for a laugh:

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1224448p1.html

People were tanking and healing? Was he playing the same game I was? Kinda hard to tank when you can't taunt nor sit there and take hits and AoE heals that tick for less than mobs hit for and you sure as hell aren't a healer. Also, I think many people have a hard time grasping the concept that there's no raid or die AND people GROSSLY overestimate how many people raid in any serious manner. WoW's serious raidbase consists of ~5-8% of the playerbase and the amount of people who do hard modes is even less, point being creating content for a small amount of people is ultimately detrimental to your game. The more content you create for everyone the more people you retain, varied types of content is how you keep people playing. I won't get into anything else in regards to WoW because I'll just go off on a tangent, but I will say that it's been well proven that raiding isn't the only way to present PvE content and more so you don't need to turn your game into a treadmill.

SMH at that gamespy critique; the comments are telling though. Almost every, if not every, GW2 comment is positive and talks about how good the game is when compared to other MMO's on the market.

hom.jpg

Sweet jesus, finally. After 7 years I finally got 30 points in the HoM. I've been a poor ranger all my life, so if I can do it anyone can. I just played the game normally for the most part. Rangers never seemed to have any farming builds. Its been a good 7 years.

The only horrible part was grinding Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. I enjoyed the first couple of games, but trying to reach zaishen rank 3 was a killer. I can't imagine how it would have felt without the double faction week. I was definitely ready to throw up by the end... Now I'm officially ready for GW2. Lets GO!

You know it's only 1 mil to get zrank 3.

It's kind of a lot, but you earn a surprising amount just vanquishing and doing guardian.

Currently 27/50, but 16/30 for gwamm. I also have over 2 mil saved up atm, but some of that is set aside for obby when my para reaches 20.

Alex

WoW's serious raidbase consists of ~5-8% of the playerbase and the amount of people who do hard modes is even less

The serious raid base in WoW, back when I least heard any real numbers back in mid-Cataclysm when 4.2 was looming that launch raids were about ~5-6% clear of normal and sub 1% for a clear of heroic. LFR wound up getting fast tracked for a reason. Hell, when people came out to bitch about the insanely easy LFD mode and it's freebie equipment even Blizzard retorted that people just weren't doing the content.

Now extract from that the people who aren't really fond of raiding but instead do the content because that is all there really is to do for progression.

I really doubt that anyone who actually knows what they're doing will be making raiding the prime focus in any game going forward, especially considering those numbers are from a game that has a historic and extremely well maintained raiding game as opposed to the filth in lets say...SWTOR. I did my bit with the bleeding edge back in the day, back when it was a bit fresher and there were a lot of rivalries and the content just made more sense. Even back then it was never huge, Blizzard has always sort of designed their end game content for a very niche audience and I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to try to make everything more casual.

I think raiding will always have it's place, in some form, just not as a focus and not how it's currently being done.

End games need to move out of dungeons, is my opinion. Part of the reason fees are being looked down upon as time goes on is there's very little "massive" about most modern MMORPGs, at least when you have to pay a subscription for it. Back in the day a lot more content took place in the game worlds, there was more mass scale PvP, open air dungeons, and lots of things that you just didn't see from other games. Those days are long gone and the internet is no longer this untamed wilderness. 99% of your game space for a short leveling game against 1% of instanced corridors for any remaining hundreds to thousands is a poor concept that probably needs to change in some way.

DarkSloth

You know it's only 1 mil to get zrank 3.

It's kind of a lot, but you earn a surprising amount just vanquishing and doing guardian.

Currently 27/50, but 16/30 for gwamm. I also have over 2 mil saved up atm, but some of that is set aside for obby when my para reaches 20.

1 million gold? I was lucky I could afford my elite kurzick armor. My saving grace was selling a decent amount of alcohol from all the festivals and whatnot. I'll probably do some vanquishing whenever I have a good long podcast to listen to.
Btw, thats what I was just doing with Gaf Wars. Good job guys.

etiolate

Banned
The serious raid base in WoW, back when I least heard any real numbers back in mid-Cataclysm when 4.2 was looming that launch raids were about ~5-6% clear of normal and sub 1% for a clear of heroic. LFR wound up getting fast tracked for a reason.

Now extract from that the people who aren't really fond of raiding but instead do the content because that is all there really is to do for progression.

I really doubt that anyone who actually knows what they're doing will be making raiding the prime focus in any game going forward
, especially considering those numbers are from a game that has a historic and extremely well maintained raiding game as opposed to the filth in lets say...SWTOR. I did my bit with the bleeding edge back in the day, back when it was a bit fresher and there were a lot of rivalries and the content just made more sense. Even back then it was never huge, Blizzard has always sort of designed their end game content for a very niche audience and I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to try to make everything more casual.

I think raiding will always have it's place, in some form, just not as a focus and not how it's currently being done.

End games need to move out of dungeons, is my opinion. Part of the reason fees are being looked down upon as time goes on is there's very little "massive" about most modern MMORPGs, at least when you have to pay a subscription for it. Back in the day a lot more content took place in the game worlds, there was more mass scale PvP, open air dungeons, and lots of things that you just didn't see from other games. Those days are long gone and the internet is no longer this untamed wilderness. 99% of your game space for a short leveling game against 1% of instanced corridors for any remaining hundreds to thousands is a poor concept that probably needs to change in some way.

Very much agreed. I raided. I raided as a server progression guild. I quit. Not because I'm a casual player, but because it wasn't really all that fun. It became more a job than a recreational activity. I don't feel a long play session should end with everyone going "glad that's over with". There should be more to max level content.

Jira

The serious raid base in WoW, back when I least heard any real numbers back in mid-Cataclysm when 4.2 was looming that launch raids were about ~5-6% clear of normal and sub 1% for a clear of heroic. LFR wound up getting fast tracked for a reason. Hell, when people came out to bitch about the insanely easy LFD mode and it's freebie equipment even Blizzard retorted that people just weren't doing the content.

I really doubt that anyone who actually knows what they're doing will be making raiding the prime focus in any game going forward, especially considering those numbers are from a game that has a historic and extremely well maintained raiding game as opposed to the filth in lets say...SWTOR. I did my bit with the bleeding edge back in the day, back when it was a bit fresher and there were a lot of rivalries and the content just made more sense. Even back then it was never huge, Blizzard has always sort of designed their end game content for a very niche audience and I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to try to make everything more casual.

Agreed, I did my hardcore raiding from 05-07 and progressively less as time went on and it was no fault of mine. I actually think that because WoW got more popular and more casual at the same time, it ended up making it more difficult to get into any serious raiding guild because those slots were already filled by someone else due to the larger populations. Also, making your own guild and hoping to get any competent people to join or stay long was an exercise in frustration, then you have people that just plain suck at the game, you have the LF Tank/Healer game, etc. Bunch of bullshit that took progressively more time to accomplish even getting into the content let alone doing it. I LIKE raiding, I just don't like the bullshit that you have to put up with to even do it.

Orayn

So, what exactly IS Guild Wars 2 endgame? Outside of PVP which I have no interest in.

There's no singular endgame because of the scaling. You can go back and do the explorable modes of the dungeons and still get your ass kicked. All the zones you didn't do on your way to max level will still be perfectly enjoyable to play since they'll have skill challenges and dynamic events that you've never encountered before.

The lack of endgame IS the endgame.

inception.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned
I've never understood the notion of endgame. It seems like it's this forced requirement that was brought about by subscription fees as an excuse to keep you paying. I've never bought a sub-based MMO before so I might not have a full understanding, but the word itself puts me off. When I buy a game, I'm paying to play it from beginning to end, covering as much content as possible during that process, then possibly starting over. Getting to the end of the game for the purpose of running an endless cycle of events seems incredibly boring.

There's only so much content that can be played in a game before you start repeating things. An MMO doesn't need endgame content if you're not constantly paying to play. Normally when something ends I'm used to it, well, ending. When I bought Guild Wars 2, I accepted that it was going to be a large, but not infinite experience, similar to GW1.

jersoc

god yes and I think GW2 finally breaking the stupid trinity is a great step. it was good fun just running around and never having to worry about their being a healer or a tank for events.

I think end game should be more player driven. content takes a long time to put out. look at how many months wow goes and how long it has been w/o major content. totally destroys guilds who get bored. create more story driven events where players can actually change the outcome. given that GW2 can have people do xfer server stuff this should be pretty easy to figure out for Anet. now you don't have separate servers messing things up. look at the AC1 event with saving the crystals from bhaal or whoever it was.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've never understood the notion of endgame. It seems like it's this forced requirement that was brought about by subscription fees as an excuse to keep you paying. I've never bought a sub-based MMO before so I might not have a full understanding, but the word itself puts me off. When I buy a game, I'm paying to play it from beginning to end, covering as much content as possible during that process, then possibly starting over. Getting to the end of the game for the purpose of running an endless cycle of events seems incredibly boring.
You're coming from a different perspective than a hardcore MMO player. They want the next MMO to be the only game they will play for the next few years.

I remember when WoW came out it was laughed at by DAoC players that are used to play RvR as the endgame and WoW was not promising any of that. The idea of just two factions was quite disappointing and of course the lack of keeps that can be taken and re-taken.

The good thing about GW2 is that if you're not interested in WvW which I consider to be the endgame, then you should've had enough fun playing through the different zones once and you will not feel compelled to play on because you're not paying for a subscription.

Teknoman

There's only so much content that can be played in a game before you start repeating things. An MMO doesn't need endgame content if you're not constantly paying to play. Normally when something ends I'm used to it, well, ending. When I bought Guild Wars 2, I accepted that it was going to be a large, but not infinite experience, similar to GW1.

Well there will also be expansions, so it will be a decent amount content even after the first section is finished.

demolitio

I picture the end game in GW2 to be WvW until expansions come out. That's all I really need as I go through different classes and races.

Edit: If I would have refreshed, I would have seen Tekno mention it. I think the same thing. I'm not going to be impatient and ask for anything immediately as there's a lot of content right away, but I feel better knowing expansions will come that will breathe new life into the game. First expansion is to invade the world of "Skyram" after hearing of a mythical race called the "Dragonthorn" with great power to control dragons. So naturally, you see these people as a threat since we fucking hate dragons...

Jira

Have there been any details regarding guilds? If they can span over several servers?

You can join any guild you want from any server. For example we had the GAF guild where we made it on Henge of Denravi and guys from Europe were in it playing on Jade Sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom