• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

And now the week long grind starts.

I only have to go to work 4 days this week, but it's so difficult to do. I just want to sleep the week away so it goes by quicker and wake up Friday ready to play.

I only have to go to work 4 days this week, but it's so difficult to do. I just want to sleep the week away so it goes by quicker and wake up Friday ready to play.

I just want the client to stare at try to log in repeatedly.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

At least you don't have exams. Try studying for those with GW2 plaguing your mind.

XeroSauce

Join the GAF Guild over in Community. :p

Although the answer you are looking for is waiting for ANet to send you the download for the Beta client. Then prepare to play the game this weekend.

EDIT: Did you register the code you got for pre-purchasing yet?

If not, go to...

https://register.guildwars2.com/

Yes I did, and yea, I need to post over there. Thanks for reminding me.

Are there any beta forums open atm?

Not going to bother with storyline progression too much since that'll be there at launch. Anyone planning on taking a large jab at WvW with me? I may as well learn part of the map during this beta weekend.

Jira

No wonder Notch quit working on Minecraft...

highlevelaxe.jpg.jpg

Why did I just get an email telling me I should pre-purchase the game? 0.0

Same account that I actually did pre-purchase the game with. Actually thought it was the client email before I read it.

Edit:Looks like it's just a general GW news letter email.

Ferrio

Banned

Same account that I actually did pre-purchase the game with. Actually thought it was the client email before I read it.

Edit:Looks like it's just a general GW news letter email.

Was about to post this

O5OUh.png

Absinthe

So I'm "taking a personal day" on Friday. Don't think I've been this hyped for a game in a long while.

Hopefully the client DL shows up soon.

They want us to buy it twice!

(I probably would if they let me play longer before launch)

Same here, nearly jumped for joy thinking it was the client pre-load ;_;.

I honestly think they do this on purpose just to fuck with us.

"Beta Client Download Link ......

.... could be yours if you pre-purchase!"

Retro

You can invite people from other servers into a group to chat with them or through PMs and even send items in the mail to another server.

And how long was Blizzard "looking into account-wide achievements, cross-server Heirlooms, etc? Yeah. Too busy making sure the $25 flying mount's wings flap correctly as you bypass all of their content en route to another <continues ranting about other MMOs for 25 minutes...>

Hm.. what's that dragon statue from? Looks awesome.

One of the McFarlane Dragon series, "Eternal Dragon Clan 2 Deluxe Boxed Set" though it's from the second series (2005) and one of the limited edition figures so... good luck finding one cheap.
lbjdV.jpg

Amazon has it starting at $80: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B4SWVE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have a couple of em, but this bad boy is my favorite;
WFPVd.jpg

I got one too. Probably sending them out to everyone who registered for Open Beta

Retro

I didn't get a mail. Now I'm worried.

You pre-purchased and registered your code, right? If so, you're all good.

These e-mails are (I assume) only going out to people who registered way back in March when they had a 48 hour event. If you didn't register for that, you probably wouldn't get this e-mail.

It's only Monday, they have almost 4 days left.

Grab a towel and Don't Panic. A fresh pair of drawers might help too.

Maffis

You pre-purchased and registered your code, right? If so, you're all good.

These e-mails are (I assume) only going out to people who registered way back in March when they had a 48 hour event. If you didn't register for that, you probably wouldn't get this e-mail.

It's only Monday, they have almost 4 days left.

Grab a towel and Don't Panic. A fresh pair of drawers might help too.

I bought the game and registered last week and I got the mail too.

Umi88

No mail here either :/.

I did register on the 48h "Scannertron" event for betas, also have the game registered.

You pre-purchased and registered your code, right? These e-mails are (I assume) only going out to people who registered way back in March when they had a 48 hour event. If you didn't register for that, you probably wouldn't get this e-mail.

It's only Monday, they have almost 4 days left. Grab a towel and Don't Panic.

I registered for the closed beta and yeah I pre-purchased and registered my code as well.

Oh well.

Trey

I bought the game and registered last week and I got the mail too.

I'm sure he's referring to the beta sign-ups the got a mil+. Makes sense that they would send a mass invite out to all those people for the first OB event.

Neverfade

Preordered at Amazon a bit ago, which is listed on GW2 site as one of the retailers that will get you into the beta stuff. Got my confirmation order email but nothing like a code or anything to register with. Am I missing something?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Preordered at Amazon a bit ago, which is listed on GW2 site as one of the retailers that will get you into the beta stuff. Got my confirmation order email but nothing like a code or anything to register with. Am I missing something?
Amazon has pre-order. Not pre purchase. Change your order to the ANet site.

Torraz

Pre-orders only come with 1 day head-start.
Standard edition pre-purchases come with 3 day head-start, beta access and some ring item. The more expensive pre-purchases have more goodies.

edit: You want the white box, apparently the pre-order is black?!

Naxx

quick question:
Is this Beta weekend only for the people that already bought it and those that were in the other beta weekends? Are they going to sent beta weekends keys to those ppl that registered last time (48h window), but haven't bought the game?

Does anyone know? (sorry for the stupid questions)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
quick question:
Is this Beta weekend only for the people that already bought it and those that were in the other beta weekends? Are they going to sent beta weekends keys to those ppl that registered last time (48h window), but haven't bought the game?

Does anyone know? (sorry for the stupid questions)
There's a chance. The only way to be guaranteed in is to pre-purchase.

Orayn

Just got the tease email too... Preloading had better start tomorrow. The stress test emails went out on a Tuesday, right?

Anyone getting an SSL error when trying to load the forum page?

This is probably not the site you are looking for!

You attempted to reach forum-en.guildwars2.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www.guildwars2.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of forum-en.guildwars2.com.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Eurogamer articles about arenanet and GW2 with videos and pictures:

Inside Stories

Good to see the importance of Daniel Dociu recognized in this article. I absolutely adore that guy's work.

Eurogamer said:
Daniel Dociu leads our tour of the bottom floor. He's the art director of ArenaNet (and of NCsoft North America), and an incredibly important part of the Guild Wars story. The series wasn't always a powerhouse of art. NCsoft persuaded ArenaNet to hire Dociu in 2003 because the Guild Wars 1 art "wasn't quite cutting it". "We basically threw away every single art asset, every single pixel from the old game, and we rebuilt it from scratch," he explains.

Daniel Dociu, a casually dressed Romanian who's now 51 years old, impacted ArenaNet like a meteor. Guild Wars art now adorns the ArenaNet walls, and now art is the identity of Guild Wars and of ArenaNet. Today, Dociu commands an army of 80 artists - a team as big as an AAA video game developer.

"Art was just, more or less, a vehicle," Dociu remembers, "a means to an end and somewhat marginalised. It took all these years of hard work to get the recognition that we now have. And it feels awesome."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom