• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

cOVUuWQ.gif

WHAT COULD IT MEAN???

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Back but don't have time for a long post until tomorrow; not sure it matters too much given kingkitty is scum, but I don't want anyone to get their knickers in a twist (yet).

Enker

How many votes does KK have now? I was gonna vote him now but I don't want to accidentally turbo him. :/

I believe KK has 11 votes with 14 to end the day after Possum voted and Roy unvoted.

You won’t turbo him, but it’s a bit close for comfort.

Enker

If kingkitty is a Death Eater, wouldn't that make any read list from him useless?

Probably. I’m not sitting around waiting for it personally.

My vote is still on him regardless - just reminding our students who haven’t voted to be mindful of the gap between KingKitty and the station platform as the Hogwarts Express comes rolling in.

Sawneeks

Banned
If kingkitty is a Death Eater, wouldn't that make any read list from him useless?

It would, but like Blarg suggested if King is actually Voldemort then he might have some sort of lynch bomb that will effect the last person to vote for him. If anything I would be wary of being the last person to vote him off.

Enker

Actually I kind of want to echo Blarg and suggest Burb do it seeing as he is a Miller.

I’m afraid of a big game of chicken tomorrow as the “last vote” unvotes as we get close to Noon. Burb volunteering, in addition to being useful as a Miller role, save us all the chaos tomorrow.

An interesting situation we have here. Kingkitty has claimed, and it seems he may go down with a fight after all. I don't really see anyway to avoid this pitfall, if it even exists. I agree with Blargs assessment blof the situation. If someone needs to get hit by a death wail better it be someone the scum can't hide under in the future. I'm voting for Kingkitty in spirt but considering how tightwire the majority lynch is right now I won't push its balance.

Sawneeks

Banned
I’m afraid of a big game of chicken tomorrow as the “last vote” unvotes as we get close to Noon. Burb volunteering, in addition to being useful as a Miller role, save us all the chaos tomorrow.

If both are willing to go for it I would suggest Matt vote and then have Burb follow right after just in case something does happen. But if someone went and volunteered to be the final vote and backed out last minute it would throw a HUGE amount of suspicion on them so I don't think Scum would do that but you never know.

An interesting situation we have here. Kingkitty has claimed, and it seems he may go down with a fight after all. I don't really see anyway to avoid this pitfall, if it even exists. I agree with Blargs assessment blof the situation. If someone needs to get hit by a death wail better it be someone the scum can't hide under in the future. I'm voting for Kingkitty in spirt but considering how tightwire the majority lynch is right now I won't push its balance.

??????

Uh, King kind of just threw in the towel. He is doing the opposite of fighting.

Sawneeks

Banned
Seems too easy of a kill imo. Especially if Blarg is correct about Horcruxes. Make so much of the game revolve around 1 person, only for him be killed in one lynch? Odd.

That's why Blarg brought up the possibility of something happening when Voldemort gets lynched, maybe a lynch bomb or something equivalent. I agree it seems fairly easy but at the same time King's reactions to Blarg calling him out were pretty scummy and it wouldn't be right to just let him go either.

As for the Horcruxes we really don't know what they do/if they exist. I'm willing to bet they are out their but we don't even know what they do or how to find them. It could be possible that they are just a second win condition for Town but aren't fully connected to Voldemort at all. I'm going to spitball a totally crazy idea but, going by the lore, when Voldemort is 'killed' while his Horcruxes exist he doesn't actually die, he just gains a new form. Perhaps the Voldemort role isn't lost but simply moves onto another person?

i don't actually believe that but hey, theorizing is fun.

?mg d? ? h?v? t? d? ?v?ryth?ng ?r??nd h?r?

?k, ?ll pr?f?c? th? D?y's ?nd by d??ng ? q??ck ?x?m?n?t??n ?f th?s t?bl??d p??c?:

Suddenly a wild Daily Prohpet appeared !

HARRY POTTER IS LOSING IT AGAIN!

Recent pictures reveal a dark pass our chosen one is walking on. Sources tell that instead of him

preparing to fulfill his destiny he rather dives into a deep tunnel of happiness and joy.

giphy.gif

At first it seemed like it was rather a way to compensate the pressure that lasts on his back but the

most recent pictures of him bring up doubt that he is still sane enough to be our savior at the end of

the day.

giphy.gif

We might have to consider the possibility of completely losing him to this devilish potion.

giphy.gif

And he is not the only one.

giphy.gif

Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School, the one known as the only wizard the one who

must not be named
ever feared and professed lover of ear waxed flavored Bertie Botts Beans also

shows signs of taking the same path as his protégé Harry Potter. Maybe he was even the one who

introduced Harry to this way of fleeing the world of terror we are in.

But what does that mean for the rest of us? Is all hope lost? Should we follow the examples of the

people we are supposed to put our trust in and just enjoy the time we have left without needing to

think about the consequences? I guess we could always trust in miracles and hope that everything

will just work out fine but in the end only the future will show how far this will go...

? d?n't kn?w wh? th? ??th?r ?f th?s ?rt?cl? ?s. H?w cr?d?bly s??rc?d ?s th?s "?ns?ghtf?l" ?nf?rm?t??n?

? s?sp?ct th?t th?s ?rt?cl? ?s ? g??nt sl?nd?r p??c? wr?tt?n by ?n ??th?r wh? ?s ?n th? p?ck?t ?f th? c?rr?pt M?n?stry ?f M?g?c ?nd/?r ?nd?r th? ?nfl??nc? ?f ?n ?mp?r??s m?nd-c?ntr?l c?rs? ?r s?m? ?th?r s?m?l?r m??ns ?f b?d p?rs??s??n.

?n th? ?nd, ?t's pr?b?bly wr?tt?n by R?t? Sk??t?r, ?s ?th?r's h?v? m?nt??n?d. ?nc?mpl?c?t?d.

?nyw?y, th? D??ly Pr?ph?t ?s kn?wn t? ex?gg?r?t? f?r th? s?k? ?f s?ns?t??n?l?st h??dl?n?s th?t g?rn?r th? m?st r??d?rs. By sl?nd?r?ng m? ?nd my ?ct??ns by s?gg?st?ng th?t ?'m l??d?ng Mr. P?tt?r d?wn ? d?rk ?nd fr??tl?ss p?th ?s ?bs?l?t? n?ns?ns?.

Th?s ?s k?nd? r?d?nd?nt n?w th?t k?ngk?tty h?s v?r?f??d my s?s?p?c??n ?f h?m b??ng "V" h?ms?lf, h?ms?lf (? p?ty, ? w?s pr?p?r?ng my br?wl c??nt?r t? h?s H?rry P?tt?r cl??m b?f?r? h? g?v? ?t ?p r?th?r ?nc?r?m?n???sly, b?t th?r?'s st?ll t?m?, ? s?pp?s?) b?t ?rstly, ? kn?w f?r ? f?ct thr??gh my ?wn ?nv?st?g?t?v? p?w?r th?t k?ngk?tty ?s N?T H?rry P?tt?r, h?'s d?f?n?t?ly ? D??th ??t?r ?r ?t l??st ?n? ?f th??r ?ll??s, p?ss?bly ?mbr?dg? ?r B?ll?tr?x (d?? t? th? ?s? ?f Cr?c??t?s t?rt?r?).

Th?r? ?r? s?m? ?th?r p??nts ?'d l?k? t? n?t? r?g?rd?ng th?s ?rt?cl?:

• ? th?nk s?m??n?'s try?ng t? fr?m?/sp?tl?ght M?r?cl? by m?nt??n?ng h?s ?pp?r?nt c?tch-phr?s? n??r th? ?nd th?r?; b?t, M?r?cl?, ?f th?t w?s ? s?lf-sh??t??t y?? p?ll?d ?ff th?r?, y?? pr?b?bly g?nn? h?v? ? b?d t?m?, s??n?r r?th?r th?n l?t?r...
  • N? l??, ? d? l?v? m? s?m j?lly b??ns.
  • ?f y??'r? try?ng t? ?ns?n??t? th?t ?n? ?f h?s ?mb?b?d ? P?lyj??c? p?t??n ?s ? m??ns ?f r?cr??t??n ?nd sk?v?ng ?ff ??r d?t??s ?g??nst th? D?rk ?rts, th?n ? c?n ?ss?r? y??, "j??rn?l?st", th?t y?? ?r? s?r?ly m?st?k?n. ? tr?ly ?m wh? ? ?m, ?nd k?ngk?tty h?s ?dm?tt?d n?w th?t h? ?s ?nd??d "V" h?ms?lf... ?nl?ss y?? ?r? s?y?ng th?t th? r??l H?rry P?tt?r ?s c?rr?ntly ?s?ng P?lyj??c? p?t??n t? m?sq??r?d? ?s s?m??n? ?ls?/? d?ff?r?nt ?l?gnm?nt, ?n wh?ch c?s? ? c?nn?t c?mm?nt ?n th?t m?tt?r ?s ? ?m n?t pr?vy t? th?t ?nf?rm?t??n.
  • ?nd l?st ?ny ?f y?? st?ll h?v? d??bts ?s t? th? v?r?c?ty ?f my ?d?nt?ty ?nd my ?cc?s?t??n; d?n't. ? ?m n?t m?sl??d?ng ?ny?n? ?nt? ? w?ld g??s? ch?s? h?r?. Th? l??m?ng thr??t fr?m k?ngk?tty "V" ?s v?ry r??l, ?nd h? h?s ?v?n g?n? s? f?r ?s t? c?nf?rm th?t h?ms?lf. W? s?mply m?st b? r?d ?f h?m ?s s??n ?s p?ss?bl?, ?nd n?t ?ll?w th?s m?tt?r t? ?f "V" t? f?st?r b?y?nd th?s D?y. C?rr?ntly, w? ?r? ?n th? r?ght tr?ck, ?nd ? s?nc?r?ly th?nk y?? ?ll f?r y??r s?pp?rt ?n th?s ?nd??v??r.
  • Th?t th?rd G?F l??ls l?k? H?rry ?s d??ng s?m? k?nd ?f p?nc?r/cr?b-cl?w m?t??n w?th h?s f?ng?rs... ?s th?s ? r?f?r?nc? t? Cr?b ? :eek:
F?n?lly, ? s?gg?st th?t ?f y?? ?r? ? T?wn-?l?gn?d M?t??n Tr?ck?r r?l?, th?t y?? w?tch m? t?n?ght, ?nd w?tn?ss wh? c?m?s t? ?nd my ?x?st?nc?. Th?t ?s my p?n?lt?m?t? g?ft t? y??, d??r st?d?nts ?nd f?c?lty; th? ?d?nt?ty ?f my f?t?d k?ll?r.

?ll T?wn-?l?gn?d p?w?r r?l?s sh??ld r?lly t? m? t?n?ght. W?tn?ss m?.

P.S: S?wn??ks, TY f?r rep?st?ng th? cl?ck... ?m, y?? m?y n?t l?k? m? f?r th?s n?xt p?rt, b?t...

?n? ?th?r th?ng t? c?ns?d?r, ?s th?t S?wn??ks' cl??m ?f b??ng P??s?n?d ?nd r?q??st?ng ?n ?nt?d?t?, ?s ?ct??lly p?rt ?f ?n ?l?b?r?t? tr?p t? l?r? ? D?ct?r t? h?r; p?rh?ps sh? c??ld b? ? k?ll?r th?t b?ckst?bs ?ny?n? wh? v?s?ts h?r.

F?rg?v? m? ?cc?s?t??n, S?wn??ks, b?t w? h?v? n? pr??f ?f th?s P??s?n?r ?f y??rs, j?st ? cl??m th?t ?t w?sn't ? sp?ll th?t ?ff?ct?d y?? ?nd th?t y?? h?v? n? n?m? f?r wh?t p?w?r h?t y??. Wh?ch ?s ?dd t? m?, ?s ? mys?lf w?s sp?c?f?c?lly ?nf?rm?d ?n th? PM ?f wh?t h?t m? (tw? Sp?lls) ?nd ?x?ctly wh?t th? n?m?s ?f th?m w?r? (St?p?fy ?nd Cr?c??t?s).

S?, ? r?q??st th?t n?b?dy sh??ld ?tt?mp t? tr??t/c?r? ?r v?s?t S?wn??ks, ?nl?ss y??r R?l? ?s sp?c?f?c?lly ? P??s?n D?ct?r, ?s y??r ?x?st?nc? ?s th? ?nly p?ss?bl? c?nf?rm?t??n ?f th? ?x?st?nc? ?f ?n ?n?my P??s?n?r w?th??t ?nv?st?g?t?ng ?ny?n?; ?th?r th?n s?m??n? c?m?ng ??t ?nd cl??m?ng th?t th?y t?? w?r? p??s?n?d d?r?ng t?n?ght, t?m?rr?w. B?t ?v?n ? s?c?nd 'P??s?n?d' cl??m?nt c??ld b? ? tr?p, ?nd n? c?nf?rm?t??n ?t ?ll...

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll let someone else do the translating. That post is way too long.

I don't think we should back out of the lynch or be afraid to cast the final vote. Such a fear is hugely speculative. The trap could very well be a false fear that scum promote to stop us from lynching Voldemort.

If there is a trap, we won't know what it is until he's lynched. There's no backing out of this. We don't gain anything by leaving him alive. Furthermore, why are people assuming the last person to vote is the one to get hit by a potential trap? Again, that is hugely speculative.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd be wary of anyone who is promoting this fear. Right now, I'd say that besides Blarg, the main person promoting this trap fear is LoC.

?f th?r?'s ?nyth?ng y?? sh??ld t?k? ?w?y fr?m y??r l?ss?n t?d?y: r?m?mb?r, st?d?nts, th?t b?n?ry ch??c? ?s th? ?nd?sp?t?d p?nn?cl? ?f d?c?s??n-dr?v?n st?ryt?ll?ng

Y?? sh??ld ?ll b? gr?t?f?l t? m? th?t ?'v? pr?v?d?d y?? w?th th?s ?m?t??n?lly-ch?rg?d t??r-d?-f?rc? ?f ? t?xt-b?s?d l?d?l?g?c?l ?xp?r??nc?

Y??'r? w?lc?m?

H?n?stly, ? w?s ?xp?ct?ng ? br?wl.

?r ?t l??st ? l?ght sk?rm?sh. S?m? f?rm ?f... ?nt?g?n?sm. ?sc?l?t??n?

B?t... v?l?nt?r?ly ?b?nd?n?ng y??r c??nt?r R?l?-cl??m? R?p??t?dly ?sk?ng ?r??nd f?r h?gs?

? f?nd th?s h?ghly m?d??cr?.

?nt?-cl?m?ct?c, ?v?n.

...?s th?s ? 'SP?R?', "V"? ?r? y?? 'Sp?r?ng' m?, k?ngk?tty?

?s th?s wh?t th?s ?s?

D? ? l??k l?k? ?n ?nd?rt?l? m?nst?r t? y???

L?t m? r?m?nd y?? th?t th?s ?s H?gw?rts Sch??l ?f W?tchcr?ft ?nd W?z?rdry, ?k, "V", n?t s?m? d?nk ?nd?rgr??nd c?ssp??l t??l?r?d f?r ch?lds-pl?y.

? m??n, n?t th?t ?'m c?mpl??n?ng, b?t, c'm?n.

S?r???sly.

Br?h, l?k?, c?m? ?t m? m?r?, pls.

riJ16O6.gif

Miracle

Damn. Long day at work today. Well time to catch up from today and see wha- *sees Blarg's wall of texts*

.....I think I'm just gonna sleep now. o_0

? m??n, cl??m?ng H?rry P?tt?r w?s r?th?r ?nsp?r?d, ?'ll g?v? y?? th?t; b?t p?rs?n?lly, ?f ? w?s ?n th? p?s?t??n y??'r? ?n f?c?ng ?n ?ppn?nt l?k? mys?lf, ? w??ld?'v? g?n? f?r th? wh?l? "n?, ?'m th? R??L D?mbl?d?r?" ?ngl?.

W?th ? D?pp?lg?ng?r g?mb?t ?s y??r c??nt?r, ?t's ??s??r t? f?br?c?t? ?nd p?sh y??r d?f?n?s?, ?s y?? g??n th? ?b?l?ty t? d?r?ctly pl?y ?nd b?s? y??r c??nt?r-cl??m ?ff th? R?l? ?nf?rm?t??n th?t y??r ?pp?n?nt th?ms?lf ?n?t??lly p?t f?rw?rd. Try t? m?k? y??rs?lf ? m?r? b?l??v?bl? th?m th?n th?y ?r?, ?nd l?t th? p?rpl?x?d ??d??nc? d?c?d? wh?ch m?rr?r ?m?g? t? sh??t.

?s? wh?t's ?lr??dy ?n fr?nt ?f y??. ?t's f?r ??s??r t? m??nt??n ? d?sg??s? w?th ? pr?-?st?bl?sh?d f??nd?t??n th?n ?n ??tr?ght f?ll f?br?c?t??n. T?rn y??r ?pp?n?nt's ?wn str?ngths ?g??nst th?m.

?f c??rs?, ?'m s?y?ng th?s ?ll r?ght n?w b?c??s? ?'m ?ss?m?ng th?t ?'v? g?t y?? b??t.

M?yb? y?? c?n st?ll t?rn th?s s?t??t??n ?r??nd, ?s? my cl?ch? ?xp?s?t??n ?g??nst m? s?m?h?w, b?f?r? th? ?nd ?f th? D?y.

Omg do I have to do everything around here

Ok, ill preface the Day's end by doing a quick examination of this tabloid piece:

I don't know who the author of this article is. How credibly sourced is this "insightful" information?

I suspect that this article is a giant slander piece written by an author who is in the pocket of the corrupt Ministry of Magic and/or under the influence of an imposter mind-control curse or some other similar means of bad persuasion.

In the end, its probably written by Rita Skeeter, as others have mentioned. Uncomplicated.

Anyway, the Daily Prophet is known to exaggerate for the sake of sensationalist headlines that garner the most readers. By slandering me and my actions by suggesting that I'm leading Mr Potter down a dark and fruitless path is absolute nonsense.

This is kinda redendant now that kingkitty has verified my suspicion of him being "V" himself, himself(A pity, I was preparing my brawl counter to his Harry Potter claim before he gave it up rather unceremoniously, but there's still time, I suppose) but firstly, I know for a fact through my own investigative power that Kingkitty is not Harry Potter, he's definitely a death eater or at least one of their allies, possibly Umbridge or Belletrix(due to the use of Crucictis touture).

There are some other points I'd like to note regarding this article:

• I think someone's trying to frame/spotlight Miracle by mentioning his apparent catch-phrase neer the end there; but, Miracle if that was self-shoutout you pulled off there, you probably gonna have a bad time, sooner rather than later...
  • No lie, i do love me some jelly beans.
  • If you're trying to insinuate that one of us has imbibed a polyjuice potion as a means of recreation and skaving off against the dark arts, then i can assure you, "journalist", that you are seriously mistaken. I truly am who I am, and Kingkitty has admitted now that he is indeed " V" himself... Unless you are saying that the real Harry Potter is currently using Polyjuice potion to masquerade as someone else/a different alignment, in which case I cannot comment in that matter as I am not privy to that information.
  • and lest any of you still have doubts as to the veracity of my identity and my accusation; don't. I am not misleading anyone onto a wild goose chase here. The alarming threat from KingKitty "V" is very real, and he has even gone so far as to confirm this himself. We simply must be rid of him as soon as possible, and not allow this matter of "V" to fester beyond this day. Currently, we are on the right track, and I sincerely thank you all for your support in this endeavor.
  • That third GIF looks like Harry is doing some kind of pincer/crab-claw motion with his fingers... Is this a reference to Crab ? :eek:

Finally. I suggest that if you are a Town-Aligned Motion Tracker role , that you watch me tonight, and witness who comes tovend my existance. That is my penultimate gift to you, dear students and faculty; the identity of my fated killer.

All Town-Aligned power roles should rally to me tonight. Witness me.

P.S: Sawneeks, TY for reposting the clock... um, you may not like me for this next part.

One other thing to consider, is that Sawneeks' claim of being Poisioned vand requesting an antidote, is actually part of an elaborate trap to lure a Doctor to her; perhaps she could be a killer that backstabs anyone who visits her.

Forgive my accusation, Sawneeks, but we have no proof if this Poisioner of yours, just a claim that it wasn't a spell that affected you and that you have no name for what power hit you. Which is odd to me, ad I myself was specifically informefyin the PM of what hit mev(two spells) and exactly what the names of them were (Spotify and Cactus).

So, I request that nobody should attempt to treat/cure or visit Sawneeks, UnlesdI your Role is specifically a Posion Doctor, as your existance is the only possible confirmation of the existance of an enemy posioner without investigating anyone; other then someone coming out and claiming that they too were poisioned during tonight, tomorrow. But even a second 'Poisioned' claiment could be a trap, and no confirmation at all...

No more... ¿?¿?¿? no more...

Sawneeks

Banned
Did I say seconds? HA.

omg do i have to do everything around here

ok, all pr?f?c? the Day's end by doing a quick examination of this fabled peace:

i don't know who the author of this article is. How credibly sourced is this "insightful" information?

I suspect that this article is a g??nt slander piece written by an author who is in the pocket of the corrupt Ministry of Magic and/or under the influence of an imper??s mind-control curse or some other similar means of bad persuasion.

in the end, it's probably written by Rita Skeeter, as other's have mentioned. ?nc?mpl?c?t?d.

anyway, the Daily Prophet is known to exaggerate for the sake of sensationalist headlines that garner the most readers. By slandering me and my actions by suggesting that i'm leading Mr. Potter down a dark and fruitless path is absolute nonsense.

This is kinda redundant now that kingkitty has verified my suspicion of him being "V" himself, himself (i pity, i was preparing my brawl counter to his Harry Potter claim before he gave it up rather unceremoniously, but there's still time, i suppose) but firstly, i know for a fact through my own investigstive power that kingkitty is NoT Harry Potter, he's definately a Death Eater or at least one of their allies, possibly Umbridge or Bellatrix (due to the use of Cruciatus torture).

There are some other points i'd like to note regarding this article:

• I think someone's trying to frame/spotlight Miracle by mentioning his apparent catch-phrase near the end there; but, Miracle, if that was a self-shoutout you pulled off there, you probably gonna have a bad time, sooner rather than later...
  • No lie, i do love me som jelly beans.
  • if you're trying to insinuate that one of his ?mb?b?d a Polyjuice potion is a means of recreation and sk?ving off our d?t??s against the Dark Arts, then i can assure you, "journalist", that you are sorely mistaken. I truly am who I am, and kingkitty has admitted now that he is indeed "V" himself... unless you are saying that the real Harry Potter is currently using Polyjuice potion to masquerade as someone else/a different alignment, in which case i cannot comment on that matter as i am not privy to that information.
  • and lest any of you still have doubts as to the veracity of my identity and my occusation; don't. i am not misleading anyone into a wild goose chase here. The looming threat from kingkitty "V" is very real, and he has even gone so far as to confirm that himself. We simply must be rid of him as soon as possible, and not allow this matter to if "V" to faster beyond this Day. Currently, we are on the right track, and i sincerely thank you all for your support in this endeavor.
  • That third GIF looks like Harry is doing some kind of pincer/crab-claw motion with his fingers... is this a reference to Crab ? :eek:
Finally, i suggest that if you are a Town-aligned Motion Tracker role, that you watch me tonight, and witness who comes to end my existance. That is my pn?lt?m?t? gift to you, dear students and faculty; the identity of my fated killer.

all Town-aligned power roles should rally to me tonight. Witness me.

P.S: Sawneks, TY for reposting the clock
( you're welcome )
... um, you may not like me for this next part, but...

One other thing to consider, is that Sawneeks' claim of being Poisoned and requesting an antidote, is actually part of an elaborate trap to lure a Doctor to her; perhaps she could be a killer that backstabs anyone who visits her.
( I do all this and that's how you repay me?? thanks blarg. ;____; )

Forgive my accusation, Sawneeks, but we have no proof of this Poisoner of yours, just a claim that it wasn't a spell that affected you and that you have no name for what power hit you. Which is odd to me, as i myself was specifically informed on the PM of what hit me (two Spells) and exactly what the names of them were (Stupify and Cruciatus).

So, I request that nobody should attempt to treat/cure or visit Sawneeks, Unless your Role is specifically a Posion Doctor, as your existance is the only possible confirmation of the existance of an enemy posioner without investigating anyone; other then someone coming out and claiming that they too were poisioned during tonight, tomorrow. But even a second 'Poisioned' claiment could be a trap, and no confirmation at all...

if there's anything you should take away from your lesson today: remember, students, that binary choice is the undisputed pinnacle of decision-driven storytelling

You should all be grateful to me that i've provided you with this emotionally-charged tour-de-force of a text-based l?d?l?g?c?l experiance

You're welcome

Honestly, I was expecting a brawl.

Or at least a light skirmish. Some form of... antagonism. escalation?

But... voluntarily abandoning your counter Role-claim? Repeatedly asking around for hugs?

I find this highly mediocre.

anti-climactic, even.

...is this a 'SPARE', "V"? are you 'Sparing' me, kingkitty?

Is this what this is?

Do I look like an Undertale monster to you?

Let me remind you that this is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, ok, "V", not some dank underground c?ssp??l tailored for childs-play.

I mean, not that I'm complaining, but, c'mon.

Seriously.

Bruh, like, come at me more, pls.

riJ16O6.gif

I mean, claiming Harry Potter was rather inspired, i'll give you that; but personally, if I was in the position you're in facing an opponent like myself, I would've gone for the whole "no, I'm the REAL Dumbledore" angle.

With a Doppelganger gambit is your counter, it's easier to fabricate and push your defense, is you gain the ability to directly play and base your counter-claim off the Role information that your opponent themself initially put forward. Try to make yourself a more believable them than they are, and let the perplexed audience decide which mirror ?m?g? to sh??t.

Use what's already in front of you. it's far easier to meantion a disguise with a pre-established foundation then in ??tr?ght full fabrication. Turn your opponent's own strengths against them.

Of course, I'm saying this all right now because I'm assuming that I've got you beat.

Maybe you can still turn this situation around, use my cl?ch? exposition against me somehow, before the end of the Day.

I'm curious, how long do these take for you to write Blarg?

Sawneeks

Banned
Finally, i suggest that if you are a Town-aligned Motion Tracker role, that you watch me tonight, and witness who comes to end my existance. That is my pn?lt?m?t? gift to you, dear students and faculty; the identity of my fated killer.

all Town-aligned power roles should rally to me tonight. Witness me.

P.S: Sawneks, TY for reposting the clock ... um, you may not like me for this next part, but...

One other thing to consider, is that Sawneeks' claim of being Poisoned and requesting an antidote, is actually part of an elaborate trap to lure a Doctor to her; perhaps she could be a killer that backstabs anyone who visits her.

Forgive my accusation, Sawneeks, but we have no proof of this Poisoner of yours, just a claim that it wasn't a spell that affected you and that you have no name for what power hit you. Which is odd to me, as i myself was specifically informed on the PM of what hit me (two Spells) and exactly what the names of them were (Stupify and Cruciatus).

So, I request that nobody should attempt to treat/cure or visit Sawneeks, Unless your Role is specifically a Posion Doctor, as your existance is the only possible confirmation of the existance of an enemy posioner without investigating anyone; other then someone coming out and claiming that they too were poisioned during tonight, tomorrow. But even a second 'Poisioned' claiment could be a trap, and no confirmation at all...

There isn't a proof of a Poisoner just as we have no concrete proof that you are actually Dumbledore and receive what Spells are used against you. Perhaps it's a 'main character' trait? I mean, you do apparently know about an alternative win condition that none of us know about. Maybe they are tied together? Or, like I said earlier, perhaps a Spell wasn't used against me. I can't recall a spell that specifically poisons someone but I can guess that a Potion or a Basilisk would do the same thing.

Also I'm still in agreement that if a Doctor/whoever cures Poison isn't comfortable trying to heal/save me then don't do it. I'm hoping that tomorrow doesn't bring another Poison victim but even if there is I'm not going to force anyone to do anything. Another victim doesn't mean anything, it could very easily be a false claim by Scum. However, I feel this should also go for Blarg who is asking Town PRs to swarm him tonight. Don't. We don't know what kind of abilities Scum have and we don't need 2+ people dying tonight because a couple of you went after Blarg only to be hit by a bomb.

When it comes to your abilities just be smart about it. If you don't feel safe trying to save someone at Night then don't risk it.

roytheone

I'll let someone else do the translating. That post is way too long.

I don't think we should back out of the lynch or be afraid to cast the final vote. Such a fear is hugely speculative. The trap could very well be a false fear that scum promote to stop us from lynching Voldemort.

If there is a trap, we won't know what it is until he's lynched. There's no backing out of this. We don't gain anything by leaving him alive. Furthermore, why are people assuming the last person to vote is the one to get hit by a potential trap? Again, that is hugely speculative.

I don't think anyone is proposing to not lynch kitty because of this, but I don't see the problem in being cautious and making sure that we don't lose a strong town player because kitty was a lynch bomb or because the lynch moves to the runner up, taking those precautions will not hurt us at all.

Also, I fully agree with sawneeks that Power roles should make their own decisions about who to target and not just blindly follow the instructions from other people in the thread. Always remember that scum can also read those instructions and act on it, so let's keep them at least a bit in the dark and guessing. OK?

Burbeting

Banned
Right now I feel a bit selfish, and want to say that I don't want to make the final vote on Kitty, just in case there really is a lynch bomb there (Which is more than possible). I know it's stupid, but my reasoning is that I really don't want to die once again right at the beginning of the game (this is my fourth game on GAF, and I have never lived past day 2 so far, mostly because I have been NK.'d on either night 1 or night 2).

But I'll think about it, I guess. Just not fan of dying again so early, after so many times of that happening to me -__-.

I feel this should also go for Blarg who is asking Town PRs to swarm him tonight. Don't. We don't know what kind of abilities Scum have and we don't need 2+ people dying tonight because a couple of you went after Blarg only to be hit by a bomb.

When it comes to your abilities just be smart about it. If you don't feel safe trying to save someone at Night then don't risk it.

I fully agree with sawneeks that Power roles should make their own decisions about who to target and not just blindly follow the instructions from other people in the thread. Always remember that scum can also read those instructions and act on it, so let's keep them at least a bit in the dark and guessing. OK?

I also disagree with Blarg's request. Blarg's cursed posts are practically the focal point of today's discussion now that kingkitty has seemingly become a non-issue, and emphasized even more by the ??? translations. Scum are definitely alert and aware. Hinting at your PR now will only put a target on your back.

Now, for some reads:

Burbeting: Our old... celebrity. I wanted to lynch him yesterday to eliminate confusion, but he clearly seems to be town, so lynching would be a wasted effort. His likely role as the Miller makes him the ideal candidate for high-risk tasks, as Blarg said. Tricky town.

Blarg: The delightful bumblebee in the room. Even if he is lying about his curse, he's been much less cryptic, surprisingly, since the posting style switch... I'm disinclined to believe that someone this dedicated would be scum, but perhaps Blarg is relishing his first time being mafia. Still, I feel he's town, as my KK vote attests. Unless this is an elaborate bussing scenario between the two. Gives a new dimension to today's Prophet, too. I'll review this later.

As for the people I'm iffy about:

Miracle. He should stop his antics. I'm getting major overzealous vibes from him. At this point I still feel he's town (though I may be putting too much stock in the paper) and that his GAFfes are from newness and naivete. He reminds me a lot of Septimus from Archer-- ultimately innocent, but clueless to the point of exasperation. Mild town, but acting anti-town with his crypticness.

Lord of Castamere. I have an uneasy feeling about him. Apart from his misunderstanding of Sawneeks's deadline, he seems consistent in these misundestandings:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=186069788 (misunderstanding Rats's power)

Just a hunch, I know. But reading comprehension might be difficult if you have to keep up with two threads. His defensiveness on D1 is typically, but not always, a tell. Leaning scum.

You want an unabashed opinion from LoC? Here you go. Why haven't I talked much in the last 2 days? Well for one, as I said, I was genuinely inactive most of the first day, not that matters. Fact is the last two days have been dull as dishwater to the point that 75% of the player base is coasting through. Plus iff you look very closely at certain players that were active day 1 they have grown rather slient. Why keep the activity up when you've already gained the towns trust? There's nothing to talk about because nothing matters right now. I could talk about TheExodu5 and how he's transparently scum., or how B&B are the only players I trust in the game right now. It wouldn't matter though. One of the main reasons I hate drawing the game out. We're just wasting time. Pointless circle jerk. You know what? Fuck it. I'll hammer the damn vote in, because why the fuck not. It was a boring conversation anyway, yolo.

No more... ¿?¿?¿? no more...

Did I say seconds? HA.

?xc?ll?nt ?ss?ys. Y??r ?nt?rpr?t?t??ns ?f th? s??rc? t?xt ?r? q??t? s?t?sf?ct?ry, ?nd th?s ? gr?nt y?? ? P?ss

10 p??nts t?, ?h, t? wh?t?v?r H??s?s y?? tw? b?l?ng t?. ?hh... H?rk?nn?n ?nd Atr??d?s

?h, ?nd 10 p??nts t? L?n?_Pr?d?gy ?nd wh??v?r ?ls? d?d th? w?rk t??, ? g??ss. N?m?s ?r? h?rd. ?nyw?y, th?s wh?l? p??nts r?w?rd syst?m th?ng ?s ?ll ?rb?tr?ry f?v?r?t?sm

I'm curious, how long do these take for you to write Blarg?

?t ?s??lly t?k?s m? s?c?nds

dear diary, my open request for hugs have largely been ignored. why? even blarg doesn't seem interested.

is it because i'm bald?

giphy.gif

?'m s?rpr?s?d y?? d?n't n?s?

Kalor

I don't think that we have much that we can talk about today I'm going to put my vote on kingkitty now. Once we get past today we should be able to focus on a lot more people since today has basicly only been about kingkitty and Blargonaut in terms of votes.

Vote: kingkitty

nin1000

Banned
Day 2 votes

arkos (0)
gorlak 898 (1029)

thegoddamn (0)
burbeting 937 (953)

kingkitty (12)
blargonaut 951
burbeting 953
magnumboy20xx 995
rynam 998
retroid 1109
enker 1133
salvapot 1135 (1262)
gorlak 1228 (1246)
roytheone 1230
thegoddamn 1240 (1248)
nin1000 1272
bananaspaceprincess 1375 (1376)
bananaspaceprincess 1376
gorlak 1382
theexodu5 1394
theawesomepossum 1395

blargonaut (1)
kingkitty 990
nin1000 1253 (1272)

kingkitty</b> (0)
theexodu5 1005 (1394)

miracle (2)
gorlak 1029 (1228)
flame_ac 1062
kawl_usc 1274

Votes required to reach majority: 14

roytheone

I don't think that we have much that we can talk about today I'm going to put my vote on kingkitty now. Once we get past today we should be able to focus on a lot more people since today has basicly only been about kingkitty and Blargonaut in terms of votes.

Vote: kingkitty

Didn't crab said he was going to post something today? I at least want to wait for that to see what he has to say about everything. Also, Arkos has disappeared from the face of the earth and hasn't said anything today yet (except promising he would post later, which he didn't do), so I also want to hear from him.

Top Bottom