• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Kalor

I had forgotten that Crab said he was going to post something later. We're still two votes away so I don't feel that I need to unvote but I will if someone else votes before Crab posts.

I had forgotten that Crab said he was going to post something later. We're still two votes away so I don't feel that I need to unvote but I will if someone else votes before Crab posts.

Being two votes away is still too close, tbh it's the same as one vote. If one extra person votes, kingkitty will probably self-vote to prevent anyone from adding anything to the conversation for the day (happened in dangaropa with splinter iirc)

TheExodu5

Banned
You want an unabashed opinion from LoC? Here you go. Why haven't I talked much in the last 2 days? Well for one, as I said, I was genuinely inactive most of the first day, not that matters. Fact is the last two days have been dull as dishwater to the point that 75% of the player base is coasting through. Plus iff you look very closely at certain players that were active day 1 they have grown rather slient. Why keep the activity up when you've already gained the towns trust? There's nothing to talk about because nothing matters right now. I could talk about TheExodu5 and how he's transparently scum., or how B&B are the only players I trust in the game right now. It wouldn't matter though. One of the main reasons I hate drawing the game out. We're just wasting time. Pointless circle jerk. You know what? Fuck it. I'll hammer the damn vote in, because why the fuck not. It was a boring conversation anyway, yolo.

Why? Because I'm saying we shouldn't fear a lynch trap? Because I've called you out for promoting that fear? Your about face on the matter only furthers my mistrust.

SalvaPot

Oh crap, we have one day left, I was THIS close to post the Day end post, good thing I double checked to be sure.

Anyway, keep going kiddos.

nin1000

Banned
Oh crap, we have one day left, I was THIS close to post the Day end post, good thing I double checked to be sure.

Anyway, keep going kiddos.

latest

Hmph, it seems some foolish upstarts are trying to be more active then me.

They’ll soon learn that that’s not possible

DAY 1 ends!

Day 1 votes
no lynch (1)
gorlak 105 (436)
rynam 337 (412)
theexodu5 391 (513)
retroid 401 (484)
retroid 586

rynam (0)
hyperactivity 109 (305)
roytheone 335 (386)
zippedpinhead 389 (461)

burbeting (2)
thegoddamn 159
crab 162
blargonaut 168 (296)
flame_ac 345
kingkitty 398 (596)
lord of castamere 548 (603)
lone_prodigy 719 (775)

flame_ac (0)
kalor 167 (497)
hyperactivity 305 (358)

theawesomepossum (0)
kingkitty 251 (294)

sawneeks (0)
swamped 265 (438)

arkos (1)
lone_prodigy 281 (316)
gorlak 732

magnumboy20xx (0)
bananaspaceprincess 313 (334)

gorlak (0)
magnumboy20xx 332 (356)

hyperactivity (1)
kingkitty 361 (398)
blargonaut 628 (636)
christina mackenzie 666

matt attack (0)
lord of castamere 364 (383)

swamped (0)
burbeting 388 (444)

lord of castamere (1)
blargonaut 394 (610)
swamped 438

blargonaut (2)
roytheone 420
gorlak 436 (729)
theawesomepossum 580 (625)
kawl_usc 676

rats off to ya (11)
hyperactivity 475 (656)
retroid 484 (500)
burbeting 487
kawl_usc 488 (627)
rynam 495
kalor 497
magnumboy20xx 501
theexodu5 513 (533)
enker 550
theexodu5 594
kingkitty 596
lord of castamere 603
sawneeks 606 (675)
zippedpinhead 621 (772)
theawesomepossum 625
blargonaut 636 (637)
matt attack 662
sawneeks 712

retroid (0)
zippedpinhead 482 (526)

zippedpinhead (0)
theexodu5 533 (594)

rats off to you (0)
zippedpinhead 620 (621)

kawl_usc (0)
blargonaut 685 (686)

thegoddamn (1)
bananaspaceprincess 720

palmer (0)
gorlak 732 (732)

bananaspaceprincess (1)
zippedpinhead 772

Our final vote count. Now let’s see, let’s see, what I can glean from these tea leaves/slips of paper:
Let’s begin, with BURBETING
Burbeting claims here:

As you see, my role in this game is Severus Snape, the potions master of Hogwarts. At first, my reaction was this:

So yeah… my role is The Miller, a Hogwarts aligned role, but if I’m investigated, I will show up as a Death Eater.

Rather than go through the inefficient method of going through each and every vote and try to piece things together from there, I'm keeping a list of every player and their opinion on these things

01 [m] Retroid -

As far as Burbeting's claim, I do believe that he is probably Snape as no one has counter claimed explicitly, it would be risky to do so otherwise. However, I wonder if maybe Snape isn't actually a Miller, but aligned somewhere else, as some have alluded toward. I don't think I will be voting him this time around unless something changes, and hopefully something will.

Believes burbeting to be snape, making burbs claim a safe claim, unsure of his allegiance though

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to add that I am starting to feel pressured into voting for Burb (not necessarily the result of anyone in here, more my own thoughts are pressuring me). What I mean is, there's a good chance that if we don't kill Burb, and we don't No Lynch then we will kill some other innocent. Down the line that could look bad on me. The other option for myself is to obviously No Lynch, but I am getting the feeling that most don't want to go that route based on previous GAFIA games.

Same reason as flame_ac, wants to get it out of the way sooner rather than later
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx -
Alright,let's get started.

I think burb's claim is fine for now,but will obviously be subjected to a grain of salt.

My main position, tbh, yesterday. Didn't personally care too much about Burb's claim, mostly believed it, others could question it for me
03 [m] Kawl_USC -
My position on Burbeting right now, is that it strikes me as a very high risk claim for scum. However, I also wouldn't put it past a Snape role to be actually scum. He does have the mark after all. I'm not going to be voting to lynch Burbet but I'm also going to be taking everything he says with a grain of salt, and will be adamantly against him becoming anything like a head town/leading discussion too much.

Sorta believes Burbeting right now, BUT FOR FLAVOR REASONS (argh) and nothing else really
This is true. I could see Draco as Hogwarts aligned, PP as evil, SB as good, Umbridge as some kind of neutral. But honestly, the question of Snape's true nature was the longest running thread of his character. Sirius was resolved in a single book as was Peter. Draco was up in the air for longer, but his story of redemption and overcoming his families history of evil leans towards town.

Not to mention we shouldn't lean toy heavily into the flavor in trying to figure things out. Probably will be a bad time if we do that too much.

Shouldn't lean into flavor to look at things right after leaning in to flavor too heavily to look at things

As far as all the talk on Burbeting I think it's useful as something to talk about and maybe to look back on further into the game to see if anyone might have had a better idea of what was going on that other people. I don't have a problem with it dominating discussion, because what else would we be discussing really?

I'm ambivalent to it possibly being a tanner role and think the possibility of Burb having a positive townie influence outweighs the chance of the tanner being tried out on this game.

Problem that solves itself mentality
04 [m] Rynam -

05 [m] TheExodu5 -

I'm inclined to believe Burb...I don't agree with lynching him. I think that's too ballsy of a move for death eaters, especially given that a snake would most likely be in the game and counter claim.

Believes burbeting to be town
I don't see us coming up with a day 1 vote. Burb seems legit to me...too risky of a play considering how likely it would be for someone else to be Snape. There's no gain to voting him out.

Believes burb, but only justifies that he's probably snape
06 [f] Swamped -

Regarding Burb's claim, I'm ok with it for now. His first post felt pro-Hogwarts, and if he continues with that playstyle then I will definitely feel good about him.

Confirmed town that believed burbeting to be town
07 [m] Arkos -
Hello

2. Not sure how to handle Burbeting's claim. I mean, there's nothing we can really do to verify it, he doesn't claim any useful powers, and it could be a (bold) cover. Then again, no one has counter-claimed him... but maybe that's because the theoretical "real" Snape could actually have useful powers? I will admit that the Miller seems to be a fitting role for Snape. So, not really sure what to do with this one either. If we had no other good options I could support a Burbeting lynch.
).

Takes middle position, trusts Burbeting for now
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess -
'
So, quite a wild role claim day one huh...interesting. I'm not entirely convinced yet but I'm also not entirely versed in this Miller role but I will investigate more on that topic.

Great to be here. Honestly completely forgot lol I do not think No lynch is a viable option on first day but I also don't exactly want to vote the Miller right now either until I get more information.

Wants to investigate standard miller, doesn't want to vote for burbs till then
Good morning :)

I don't want to vote for Burb because I generally believe his claim but he is the only thing we have right now... ok besides Blarg but I don't think I'm smart enough to solve his riddle :(

Ok with a burb lynch, not much else on it
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge -

So, quite a wild role claim day one huh...interesting. I'm not entirely convinced yet but I'm also not entirely versed in this Miller role but I will investigate more on that topic.

Great to be here. Honestly completely forgot lol I do not think No lynch is a viable option on first day but I also don't exactly want to vote the Miller right now either until I get more information.

Wants to investigate standard miller, doesn't want to vote for burbs till then
10 [m] Gorlak -
Hm, Burb claiming Miller-Snape is an effective way to avoid D1 lynch, scum won't target him because a Miller always draws suspicion to himself. If he is scum, I don't see the need to provoke a counter roleclaim so early on, especially for someone like Snape.

Does somebody care to analyse Blargs statistic? I'm certain he has some vague hints inside this matrix which lead to his actual role. Something like "he is very emotional -> he must be x"

Something with a sorta fire now. Initially doubts burbeting's claim, brings up it possibly being a scum gambit.
Position: It's a problem that will solve itself eventually

As we can see Burb is the main topic and will be tomorrow, no matter how he defends himself ("trust me"&"don't talk about me"?). I can see myself jumping on the wagon against him, to have the distraction out of the way. Even if I tend to believe him. Argh, but maybe... I don't know.

seems to take a geet rid of him sooner than later mentality, believes him though

11 [m] Hyperactivity -

Yes, they would likely claim before their death.

Snape not counter-claiming doesn't necessarily mean burbeting's claim is true, if snape was a pr that could obtain info it would be better to leave the burbeting lynch for another day or two imo

Doesn't fully believe miller claim, problem that will solve itself mentality
12 [m] Flame_AC -

It took me a minute or so to sort through the thread considering not much has happened yet, but as far as Burbeting's claim goes, I'm inclined to believe him, but I don't know what point there is in keeping him alive.

Assuming he's telling the truth, he's a miller who turns up as a Death Eater when checked by an investigator. Other than that, there's seemingly nothing important about him so I say why not lynch him? If he has no other use to us besides being a potential stumbling block for an investigator. The Death Eaters have no reason to kill him as they will just keep him alive, the longer a supposedly confirmed Hogwarts player survives, the more likely we are to lynch him just to be sure. The longer Burbeting lives, the more likely he is to cause us problems later, even though he may not want to intentionally hurt us.

I'll withhold my vote for now, but it will likely go on Burbeting unless someone else decides to claim something.

Wants to lynch burbeting in the absence of a better lynch, believes the problem will become worse with time
I think what someone mentioned earlier is correct, Burb will be a source of discussion for many days after this one if he lives. I agree that we have a chance of taking out a power role, but if you're afraid of ever losing a power role, then we should never lynch. Burb gives us an opportunity to get rid of a wild card for little loss on our side.
If Burbeting is Snape, then that's too bad, he is much like Blarg was during our Cthulhu game. Every day he survives is another day we ask if it is the correct day to lynch him. The Death Eaters have no reason to kill him as he will just siphon away our discussion as the longer he lives as a supposed "Confirmed Townie", the less likely anyone here is to believe him.

I don't believe that Burbeting is a Death Eater, but I do think that it is entirely possible. He could have worked this out with his fellow members and decided that our town would be too afraid to lynch someone with such a believable claim. They would think that we want to keep someone with a role alive. Naturally, they would never kill their own member and so he would live on every day, always drawing discussion away from other topics of that day. I couldn't think of a more valuable use of a Death Eater than to draw all of a day's discussion away from his fellow Mafia. They would know that we are careful not to lynch someone like Snape right away, and so they have at least a couple of days until it's a real possibility.

I think that Burb is our best choice by far as he is simply going to be a distraction, Hogwarts or Death Eater, and that to save him for Day 2 or any other day is to throw away meaningful discussion. I understand why you came out early, assuming you're pro-Hogwarts, not wanting to trip up an investigator, but I think you coming out now will trip up any day in which you are alive.

Vote: Burbeting

Votes for Burbeting, considers it a- get it down sooner than later situation

Believes problem will solve itself ata bad time, wants to get rid of burb D1'

I agree with you that it'd be great to have a better target than Burb, but I think it will be hard to have someone else reveal themselves so long as Burb is on the hotseat. If another candidate pops up, of course we'd all change our votes. I think you're right in saying it is a safe vote, but that can be a good thing on a Day 1 in a game supposedly filled with power roles.

Will vote for a better target than burbeting

AT THIS POINT, RATS CLAIMS,

13 [-] Enker -

14 [m] TheAwesomePossum -

15 [m] Burbeting -
lol

16 [m] Matt Attack -
Burb's claim makes a whole lot of sense from a lore perspective- but that means it's also a particularly easy claim to think up. I'm not willing to buy into it at this point.

First person outright suspicious of burbeting

17 [m] Rats Off To Ya -
Burbeting's claim sounds legit.

I miss ya buddy... D:
Confirmed town beliving in burb, most interesting because his own claim reminded me of an exaggerrated verion of his

18 [m] Crab -
Failing something exceptional I'm going to

VOTE: Burbeting

simply because a) if he's lying then we're storing up trouble and b) if he isn't at the end of the day a role which is not exactly pro-town is removed from the confusion. I mean, if I have sufficient reason to suspect someone strongly enough that I weight that more than just cleaning up town around the edges as per D1 norm then I'll swing with that, but until then this will do.

Pro-Burb lynch
Reason: better to get it out of the way immediately

19 [m] kingkitty -
alright, here's my hot take.

if Burbeting is mafia, then what he did today was incredibly bold. He created a gutsy alibi for why he would show up as mafia to an investigator.

But I dunno, the boldness makes my gut believe he isn't mafia. Also, with so many players, there's bound to be a Snape. Wouldn't mafia Burbeting be afraid of a counter-claim?

Now even if he isn't mafia, I think it's probably in the interest of Hogwarts that he dies sometime in the near-mid-far future, if not today. Only death is the surefire way to prove himself, unfortunately.
From a story standpoint, Snape being the miller is actually kinda clever.

Burbeting if you're actually mafia, then you made a very bold, and story consistent claim, and I applaud you. Besides miller, if Snape happened to be a neutral instead, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Scum that believed burbeting to be town, wants to not lynch him now- problem that solves itself, etc.
20 [m] Blargonaut -
yo

There's like, 28 of us

I mean, 1/28, an early Miller loss isn't that bad a loss, numbers-wise

Remove that doubt early, right

Just sayin'

Pro/sorta-pro??? Burb lynch

d9mfYUB.gif

Good to be back

I've heel-turned on my Day 1 stance quite quickly, but re: Snape?

sry, but the way I sees it

Nakatomi Plaza belongs to the muggles

Votes for burbeting
UNVOTE: Burbeting

Changing his mind, doesn't explain why
Notsure of what to do
21 [m] Kalor -
I am in support for a lynch today and the reason for this is because tonight Mafia will kill someone who will give us little information from their death, likely someone who will be quiet. If we lynch someone today then we have voting patterns for who votes for who and get more conversation out of everyone.

Burbeting's role claim sounds believeable for now. No real need to question it.

Not sure of the idea of the whole idea of not questioning burbeting's role claim, but at that moment it felt similar to cabot in NX where he wasn't lying so I can't really say I can fault him for this. No real reason though
I'm ok with letting Burbeting live at least another day. I know that they will likely continue to be a major topic of discussion as long as they are alive but I don't think that a mafia/neutral would fake claim in their first post of the game. The game is going to last a while so having a gambit on the first day just seems unnecessary and detrimental to their team. Which is why I am leaning towards them being Town for now.

Believes burbs to be town, mainly because he showed initiative

22 [m] TheGoddamn -
Snape as Miller does work perfectly with the theme and the role.

ButletsjustkillBurbetingearlyagain

Believes blarg, no real reason imo (I tend to not care about how things fit in flavor, unless we have a voldy claiming to be town or some shit like that)

Mmm, that last line was made in jest! If Burb is really town and Snape, he might have an additional special ability. Let's not waste our vote on him at this early hour.

I have no reason to doubt you right now, Burb. We aren't supposed to use the flavor as any sort of proof towards truth-telling, but, as I said, it does make perfect sense. Everyone else is convinced that Snape is evil, except for Snape (and Dumbledore). With 28 players, you can be damn sure that lots of major (and minor) Harry Potter characters will show up.

Position: Against a burbeting lynch

I never liked Snape; even if he's on our side, he's still a git. Let's drown him in shampoo.

Maybe there was something to my "killing Burb" joke, too, once I separate it from the flavor (Snape as Miller really is a great choice) and outside knowledge of Burb.

Vote: Burbeting

Which is why he votes for him, for some reason....???

23 [m] Lord of Castamere -
Blubbertings choice seems a little convenient. Ties to get it out asap to curb suspicion, which is a scum tell imo. Then again fake claiming Snape is very risky because Snape is likely in the game. Without a real Snape to call him on it, I'm forced to believe his story for now.

Reluctantly believes Burbeting due to the Snape claim
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie -

Burbeting's claim does sound plausible... if we keep lynching Town over the next few days he'll definitely be a vote to return to.

I agree with you on the no lynch sentiment. It's more likely that we'll lynch one of our own.

Believes burbeting for now-problem will solve itself mentality

25 [m] Lone_Prodigy -
One thing I think about a Snape claim is that he is not the only HP character of questionable allegiance. Would Draco or his family be scum or neutral survivors? Peter Pettigrew was good and became evil, and Sirius Black vice versa. Umbridge, while a despicable character, isn't a Death Eater.

Iffy on burbs when looking the flavor (ugh)
26 [m] roytheone -
Burbeting: Miller is a sucky ass role to have, ask Cabot about that ;). Now, it could be a way for a scum burb to hide, but I am not willing to lynch him just for that. Sure, his role is anti-town, but Burb has proven to be a VERY GOOD town player, maybe even the best, so I think he could be useful for us even with that anti town role. And if he is scum in hiding, he will probably slip up later in the game and we lynch him then based on those events combined with his miller claim, but I will not vote for him purely for the miller claim.

Doesn't want to lynch burb for being a good player and because he believes the problem will solve itself
Three things I want to say about this:

1) Normally, I would agree that a 1 for 1 trade off favors town. However, if Burbs is actually scum, he has just crippled himself by putting himself in the spotlight. PR like role blockers and trackers will probably focus on him more than usual, and during the day he can't really try to steer discussion a certain way because he is going to be mistrusted by default. This makes him a lot less dangerous if he indeed turns out to be scum.

Problem that solves itself mentality

True, Burb has put himself in the spotlight, and if weird shit happens, our PR s will most likely be all over him. Sure, a cop can't do much, but a tracker or role blocker can still catch him doing dirt. If this is a scum play, it is VERY balsy and risky.

Believes burbeting for now
27 [m] Zippedpinhead -
If we kill burb, and he flips Snape AND is not scum, how do we classify his role. What job would the scum have that would make Snape actually beneficial for town?

Or is the miller role purely a town F-U like burb postulated in his reveal post? At least at this point I can get behind a burbeting vote.

I am going to hold off for a day though. It's day 1, no need to throw anyone under a bus yet.

Somewhat supportive of a burbeting lynch, doesn't vote, seems to think one vote is "throwing someone under a bus"
I am so confused, but I know I want to punch someone today.

If we decided that burbeting really is the best chance, then I will likely switch but for now..

vote: Rynam

I don't agree with a no lynch, and you want a no lynch. It's just that simple

Will go on burbeting lynch bandwagon if no better target presents itself
28 [f] Sawneeks -

We still have a Day and a half worth of discussion left to us to discover who we wish to vote for but as it stands right now I'm still not comfortable voting out Burb. If it comes down to it I probably will just because this is Day 1 and I would rather mislynch now instead of way later but voting him out feels very safe. It's an easy bandwagon for Scum to jump on and leaves us with little to work with, not to mention the possibility that Burb is telling the truth and all we will learn from his role is that a miller existed. If another candidate pops up today I would much rather vote for them than Burb and then leave him until another Day.

Doesn't want to vote burbeting because she believes him and because voting for himtell us little

AT THIS POINT, RATS CLAIMS

So what does this tell us?

Well, the main usefulness of the burbeting situation is in its similarity and difference with the Rats situation. My following posts will examine the period between burbeting bandwagon starting to end and rats bandwagon starting
I also want to note, that looking back, I DO NOT believe Burbeting is telling the truth saying he's a liar WHATSOEVER, and this post

Right now I feel a bit selfish, and want to say that I don't want to make the final vote on Kitty, just in case there really is a lynch bomb there (Which is more than possible). I know it's stupid, but my reasoning is that I really don't want to die once again right at the beginning of the game (this is my fourth game on GAF, and I have never lived past day 2 so far, mostly because I have been NK.'d on either night 1 or night 2).

But I'll think about it, I guess. Just not fan of dying again so early, after so many times of that happening to me -__-.

just helps confirm my suspicion. What a bs excuse...

Burbeting

Banned
Hyper, there is one way to prove that I am not lying.

However, I would rather not use that, as it would mean a waste of one night for the town, and there is a real reason why I have not mentioned it.

I'll read your post thoroughly later! I haven't been able to really concentrate on the game this weekend, lot of uni work has been pushed on me lately. But it would be a big waste to not read your posts, you clearly used lot of time to write them.

Gorlak

Banned
As I said before we hit the point of stagnation. Nothing is going to come out of this day anymore. It's decided and everybody who wanted to join the discussion had the chance (aside from crab, who also wants to lynch kk?). Only two more votes are needed.

Flame_AC

Indeed, I enjoyed reading your post Hyper, there's a lot off good thoughts in there. I like your comments on Burb specifically.

Unfortunately I really like the beginning of games when there's very little information and so I like to try and post a lot, but this day being such a forgone conclusion has kind of made everyone disappear. While I'm glad we've seemingly got a Death Eater, it's kind of unfortunate what it did to today.

My vote stays on Miracle until it's time to lynch KK.

Retroid

01 [m] Retroid -
Believes burbeting to be snape, making burbs claim a safe claim, unsure of his allegiance though

Same reason as flame_ac, wants to get it out of the way sooner rather than later

That is not what I was getting at, I actually wanted to No Lynch still. I was worried that if we went and lynched someone, which at that time there was almost no chance of that not happening, then I would be blamed for their death as it would most likely have been an innocent, and I was fairly against lynching Burb.

Miracle

As I said before we hit the point of stagnation. Nothing is going to come out of this day anymore. It's decided and everybody who wanted to join the discussion had the chance (aside from crab, who also wants to lynch kk?). Only two more votes are needed.

Yeah I agree. I think we we reached the end point of this day. Not sure what else there is to discuss about anymore. So with that said:

Vote: KingKitty

SalvaPot

Day 2 votes

arkos (0)
gorlak 898 (1029)

thegoddamn (0)
burbeting 937 (953)

kingkitty (13)
blargonaut 951
burbeting 953
magnumboy20xx 995
rynam 998
retroid 1109
enker 1133
salvapot 1135 (1262)
gorlak 1228 (1246)
roytheone 1230 (1400)
thegoddamn 1240 (1248)
nin1000 1272
bananaspaceprincess 1375 (1376)
bananaspaceprincess 1376
gorlak 1382
theexodu5 1394
theawesomepossum 1395
kalor 1447
miracle 1469

blargonaut (1)
kingkitty 990
nin1000 1253 (1272)

kingkitty</b> (0)
theexodu5 1005 (1394)

miracle (2)
gorlak 1029 (1228)
flame_ac 1062
kawl_usc 1274

cya_1448301600.png

We've got more than 3/4 of a day left and you guys want to lynch right now...

Smh, it never helps to do that. Plus it throws off the really full weekend people get to argue and discuss during the day

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
you bastards

turboing before my post

do you not like me

Burbeting

Banned
Okay Hyper, I had time to read your posts, although it seems that there will be more coming on the way, so I will mostly wait for that (You said you were going to examine the time between bandwagon against me, and bandwagon against him). For now I can’t really comment about why you think I’m lying, I’m guessing you will tell that on your later posts, so looking foward to that.
You did mention my post where I said why I didn’t want to make the final vote on Kitty. I understand completely why you think it’s a BS excuse, but sadly it’s the reason why I’m standing on it. I really don’t want to go deeper into private reasons, but I was kinda bummed that I was not able to mod a game, and I really don’t want to get killed again at the beginning of the game. Yeah, I know, it might sound like a BS excuse to you, but it’s the reason I’m standing on. You may call me a liar based on it, I can’t help it. Not asking for a pity party either, this is not the point of my reasoning, I just want to survive for at least once a bit further than D2/N2.

And yes, there is a way to make sure I am not lying, but I think revealing it might be an disadvantage to the town (not a huge one, but any hit on town is pro for scum).

I’ll look deeper onto your posts later, when you post more, but the above was what I have to say for now. Now, onwards to my top town / top scum at the moment. Those of you who think I’m a dirty liar can use this against me if you want to :D.

Note: I left out Blarg from my top town and Kitty from my top scum, as those feel a bit too obvious.

Top Town:

Sawneeks – She has posted quite good reads throughout the game, and has given lot of insight as well. I also believe that she was poisoned, although it could be possible that she is a scum poisoned by a neutral poisoner. But I doubt she is lying about it, because she would be caught pretty quickly, either by no more poison victims showing up, or not dying at night 3 (Assuming there is no healer for the poison). But yeah, I feel good about Sawneeks.

Flame_AC – He has been hunting me all the time sice Day 1 (kinda laughed at the ”I was so going to vote burb today!”), but I don’t want that to cloud my judgement. Although I have mostly disagreed with him, he has mostly argumented his points with logic, and he put himself right to the front in the D1, when I think that most Scum want to stay on the sidelines, blend in on the other players, to kinda keep themselves out of sight. So yeah, I think Flame is a Hogwarts-aligned.

TheExodu5 – I think he has given some good insight on the game, at least most from the new players. Nothing else really to say, just a gut feeling he is town.

Top Scum

zipperpinhead -> Miracle: Both have not exactly awaken my hopes. Zipper was undoubtly my number one on Blender-list, he was a prime example of a player who talked, but of nothing of value to the game, something that a Scum Blender is usually trying to do: Avoid attention, but keep himself just enough on the game, so that nobody would accuse him of inactivity and silence. For Miracle, I still think he was definitely role fishing earlier. His reactions to people accusing him were quite aggressive, especially the line ”everyone who suspects me is a scum!” was quite glaring. Why so defensive, this game is all about accusing others?

Matt Attack – Few things here to note: Matt has not really said much on his posts, and they have been a bit far and between (might be IRL reasons? If that’s so, can’t really blame him), which makes him one of the Blendy Blenders. However, what really peaked my interest was his him basically saying, that he doesn’t care that much if he is the last vote or not? Why the disinterest, if kitty is the lynch bomb, the last voter might die. I had the idea there, that maybe Matt actually knows, that kitty is not a lynch bomb, but the possible trump card is something else. So then, he could hammer the vote, and not die, but people would give him trust due to him actively going for it. And the only ones who know for 100% sure if Kitty is lynch bomb or not, are the scum themselves.
Note: LoC also said he could hammer without blinking the eye, but that came during a post, that at least for me read like he had written it while a bit emotional about things, while Matt seemed much more calm.

And always, the Blendy Blender list of ”watch out”:
Rynam
Arkos (Seriously dude you said you were going to talk more, and now ???)
Enker
TheAwesomePossum
Kalor
TheGoddamn

Also Extra:
Gorlak/Roytheone: Gorlak seems to have taken a bit more aggressive lead on the game, after some absense on the D1. Still feel kinda weird that he and Roy keep somehow playing together, at sorts? Not sure, weird gut feeling that something funny is going around here, but can’t pinpoint it.

Burbeting

Banned
Also, it's two in the morning where I live, and my university day will last tomorrow from 8am to 6pm, when the day is going to end at 8pm, so I might not be able to post as much as I would want to till the end of the day.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
okay here's the deal

I am going to vote kingkitty and drop the HAMMER coz I am boss

but it is midnight here and I am tireder than I thought so I do not have time to do a long and sexy WHY YOU ARE ALL SCUM post (but you are ALL scum)

so what we're going to do

is we're going to wait til tomorrow morning and then I will drop the knowledge (and the HAMMER)

In the meanwhile, as a total aside: Rats, you are an idiot. You had an immensely powerful pro-town role. Mafia, as a game, is decided by kills. Town gotta kill mafia before mafia kills town. Town are slightly better than random at killing mafia... but not by very much. Like 10% better, maybe 15% for a very good town. Mafia *always* hit town. So consider what happens over the course of 6 kill opportunities with Lupin vs. no Lupin. We have:

D1: Slightly better than random death
N1: Random death, town death
D2: Slightly better than random death
N2: Random death, town death

compare:

D1: Slightly better than random death
N1: Town death
D2: Slightly better than random death
N2: Town death
D3: Slightly better than random death
N3: Town death

Overall, over 6 kills, it is clearly MUCH BETTER to be in the first batch than the second batch - one has 2x slightly better than random, 2x random, 2x town, the other 3x slightly better than random, 3x town. If you just compare the difference, the presence of Lupin changes the kills from 1x slightly better than random, 1x town to 2x random - but 2x random is *obviously* better than a very slightly better than random chance to hit mafia... and no chance at all.

That's not even touching on how while using this ability, you were night-kill immune, meaning you even waste a few of the mafia kills. Deciding to suicide without explaining your role properly when it was a *very strong*, *very pro-town* role means you are now:

CHUCKLEFUCK OF THE YEAR 2015 AWARD NOMINEE: RatsOffToYa

Flame_AC

Can we please have some people unvote, I really don't want the schedule to be thrown off from how it's set up right now as I think it might hurt activity a little bit.

Miracle

Can we please have some people unvote, I really don't want the schedule to be thrown off from how it's set up right now as I think it might hurt activity a little bit.

Alright. I don't see much point but I also didn't think of the Europeans here so I'll unvote.

Unvote: KingKitty

Matt Attack – Few things here to note: Matt has not really said much on his posts, and they have been a bit far and between (might be IRL reasons? If that’s so, can’t really blame him), which makes him one of the Blendy Blenders. However, what really peaked my interest was his him basically saying, that he doesn’t care that much if he is the last vote or not? Why the disinterest, if kitty is the lynch bomb, the last voter might die. I had the idea there, that maybe Matt actually knows, that kitty is not a lynch bomb, but the possible trump card is something else. So then, he could hammer the vote, and not die, but people would give him trust due to him actively going for it. And the only ones who know for 100% sure if Kitty is lynch bomb or not, are the scum themselves.
Note: LoC also said he could hammer without blinking the eye, but that came during a post, that at least for me read like he had written it while a bit emotional about things, while Matt seemed much more calm.

I was actually a little worried people might view it this way (not that I can blame you, it's a very reasonable concern). My mindset when making that post was more along the lines of me knowing that I'm not going to be able to post as frequently as a lot of you (as you all have no doubt noticed), and that I could at least contribute in that regard if nobody else wanted to step up to the plate. The way I intended the post to be read was less "I don't care either way" and more "I'm willing to do it if no one else will".

For the record, if the lynch bomb does exist, my personal preference would be for Sawneeks to take the fall, as I'd like the doubt regarding the poison and her allegiance to be removed. If she were to end up being cured, it would probably be pretty difficult to verify that she was actually poisoned to begin with. I do hesitate a bit here though because I know that Sawneeks can be a really strong town player based upon my experiences in the GAFia game.

I want to state right now: I'm coming into this with the mindset that people going from anti lynch on burb to pro lynch on rats doesn't surprise me. The situationw as that Rats was directly anti-town and a killer, so the threat was much greater. I'm more interested in inconsistencies in their reasoning, and, if we have any such situations, someone who was pro lynch burb but against/hesitant about lynching Rats.

Rats claims here

Alright guys. I wanted to let this day play out as naturally as possible before dropping this, and now we're approaching the deadline. I promise you, this isn't a gambit. I didn't come to this decision lightly, but I believe it's for the best.

I am Town, and I have a role. But I consider my role to be very anti-Town. Ideally I would simply choose not to utilize it, but that choice won't always be given to me. I believe I am too dangerous to be kept alive. I am intentionally being vague about this, because if I survive into the night, the enemy could use this information against us.

Some of you are nervous about hitting a powerful role, and four of you are even voting for the dreaded No Lynch. I am offering myself as a safe lynch target for today. Put your vote on me, and we can eliminate a liability.

01 [m] Retroid -
I'm not sure who I would want to vote if not a No Lynch, but after Rats Off To Ya's claim, it is definitely something to consider. As well, I've been led to believe by posts that Blarg is someone to also consider, as he might not be helpful during the beginning of the game, and in turn, cause confusion during the end. There is also the issue of you as we are clearly not seeing eye to eye right now, and maybe won't during the end of the game.

Hesitated to the idea of a Rats lynch

I promise to keep this vote if you reveal your role, and explain why it is dangerous. Anyone can and should hold this against me if I don't follow through.

Vote: Rats Off To Ya

Despite earlier assessment, takes the plunge

UNVOTE: Rats Off To Ya

Sounds like you aren't going to tell us your role beforehand, but I intend to keep my promise that I will vote for you if you change your mind. I urge everyone who trusts me right now not to vote for Rats Off To Ya as I think that it is not the right choice, although I can't explain why.

Randomly hesitant about voting for Rats

I don't think that would be the case. If it were, he could just tell us not to use a power on him at night because bad things will happen.

Quickly becoming more hesitant to lynch rats
I unvoted, and plan to no lynch if Rat doesn't reveal his role.

I really hope everyone does the same as me, which is to promise to vote for Rat if he reveals his role and the reason why we should vote for him. This way, anyone who doesn't follow through can be held accountable.

I find it hard to believe there would be a role with so much power that it could ultimately ruin the game in one day.

Really hesitant to lynch Rats at this point, has now backed up into arguing for a no lynch
I don't want to vote him in this current state because we can use him.

Either we get a majority, or near majority number of people to promise they will vote for him after he reveals his role and why it is important to lynch him. That way we can use this against anyone who decides to defect after his reveal in future days. That would mean we would have at most one day of scum using his powers against him because the town would come together and vote him out the next day.

Or something else, which I can't explain, but you would have to trust me, although I would still prefer him to reveal his role because I am going off of speculation why he wants to be killed, and I think I could help him.

Both cases I've already stated in previous posts since the end of the last page.

More weirdness from Retroid imo

I wasn't saying we should keep him around after he reveals his role, which is why I've promised to vote for him when and if he does. I was more saying that if everyone pledged to vote for him and Person A decided to go against his promise, we could lynch Person A at the next chance.

Ok I'm jut going to go through why this whole thing was so weird. It doesn't seem that well thought out whatsoever. Who wouldn't vote for Rats if the revealed info made it better to lynch Rats. And if someone brought legitimate info, then they should still have the freedom to vote for it. Here's the funny thing, this weirdness doesn't really bother me too much. If anything it's making Retroid stand out more to me, making him look town in my eyes

Vote: No Lynch

I hate to do this, but everyone has pretty much ignored my suggestion. It would have been nice for some people to at least acknowledge it, even though I don't expect everyone to agree with it.

My suggestion was that people should promise in writing to vote for Rats Off To Ya if he reveals his role and why we should kill him based on that. This way, he could feel safe to reveal this info as he would know that if people didn't follow through, they would be lynched in the short future. As well, it would be good to know why Rats Off To Ya really believes his role is bad for the town.

I will still follow through with my promise, and I hope others join me.

More weird stuff from Retroid, at this point I won't post anymore unless it goes against his previous mantra. Makes him look sorta town to me, as I said just before

The only way I can see it not being beneficial is if he thinks people will stop voting for him after he does a reveal. Getting 50% of the people, or even less, to pledge they will vote for him if he reveals his role/intentions should give him the safety, and would be beneficial to town as anyone who doesn't follow through could be considered scum.

As far as pressing for more details, and not lynching if he doesn't go through with it, I guess I more thought it would be up to the individual if they wanted to follow through with the lynch even if he didn't reveal his role and whatnot. For myself, I can't see the negatives to it for both the town and Rats, which is why I don't plan to vote for him unless my request is made. If he can give some, I'd be glad to reconsider, but it looks like he will get the votes even without my protest, so it's not like it matters.

If it turns out he can't reveal anything, that's a different story and I don't know how to deal with that. But, I don't think he has lead us to believe that, unless he is also not allowed to say anything about not being allowed to say anything.

On the other hand, it could be retroid is trying to give a justification for not lynching rats

Who knows

Okay, I re-read, or rather skimmed a lot of what has been talked about with Burb and the people who voted for him, and now what is happening with Rats. I agree, there will be most likely lots of useful information there, although I'm not sure what, I'm sure you don't know either until we get deeper into this game.

The pledge wasn't much more than an idea, and it is flawed. I guess I wanted to figure out a way in which we could get more information while making sure that people could be held accountable. Of course, if people decided to defect, they could always post why they did such, with a good explanation using the extra info Rats would provide. I don't see how I can hold people accountable for voting for Rats right now when there is a good amount of people voting for him, more than there are likely anti-town people.

Found this sort of important: retroid acknowledging his weirdness

02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx -

I guess that I should apologize then. This being my first game, I have been trying to play it safe. I think that I should trust my gut more and take some chances, that way we can get more info and try to really win this.

With all of that said

vote: Rats Off To Ya

No real reason given, looks like hopping on the train to me

What's your role name?
This is really weird: scum at this point doesn't necessarily know ordinaries have named roles and this seems like a bad ploy to figure this out

Every role has a name, including ordinaries. If you are truly an ordinary townie you would have a name that no one else has. If some one else were to have the name you claim to be... That would only make you one thing:Scum.

Forget what I was saying earlier, but you did something really annoying here
03 [m] Kawl_USC -

Can you reveal more info if you look to be heading for a lynch?

If that's the case VOTE: Rats off to Ya. Sorry for being a little quiet the past 24 hours, will post more complete thoughts in a bit. Still anti lynch for Burbet for today.

Willing to lynch, one of the earlier votes (formatting error)

As someone who was resistant to lynching Burb and is in favor of lynching Rats, I want to go ahead and make the case for why I'm holding those positions. My approach of people in this game is to generally assume town unless given reason to believe otherwise, due to the whole town majority deal.

Looking at the miller role, I believe that Burbeting's move to get out in front of it and spill the beans day 1 is the most town-centric play. A role based on deceiving investigation loses all of its teeth when its known before hand. If he had just kept quiet and laid low, there are several situations where he can do harm to the town. Either having a cop reveal early (especially maybe a new player who doesn't realize its more useful for them to stay alive longer than to reveal a single scum) or showing scum late in the game where lylo or mylo could be a real concern. This isn't me saying that Burb as town is the hill I'm going to die on this game, but I think his actions this day have been pro town.

Likewise, Rats off to Ya has seemed to have the town's best interest at heart. He was quiet for the first few days but did chime in on the lynch/no lynch and the if it was best to go ahead and lynch Burb since he isn't a useful PR discussions, as seen here.

The way he handled his reveal has seemed on the up and up.

I think that Burbeting has had posts with sound logic and meaningful discussion thus far. I think he would be an asset to the town even as miller. I've seen less personal evidence of Rats strength as he has been quieter until his recent claim, but others have vouched for his ability as a town sided player, and I thought the few post he made were more than just fluff. Burbeting has said that he will do his best to contribute to a town victory any way he can. Rats has said that same thing. The difference is that Rats believes that lynching him is the best way to do that.

I don't think there is a necessary contradiction between having been hesitant to lynch Burbeting and being ready to lynch Rats.

Good overall post, explains the reason why I'm not look at this specific interaction between the votes on Burbeting and Rats

04 [m] Rynam -
I think, I have a vague idea what Rats role could be that's pro-town but dangerous for the town itself. I hope I'm correct with it, so for now I'll vote for him too.
At least it's better than no voting or voting the Miller. And I hope others are right and there is no 'Jester' role in this game.

vote: Rats Off To Ya

Votes for Rats, no real hesitation
05 [m] TheExodu5 -
I'm kind of with you.

I can't for the life of me think of a downside to him revealing his role's power. Town should outnumber scum in any vote, so I'm sure we can all commit to killing him if we agree that he is indeed a liability alive.

Seems hesitant to vote for Rats, wants to know details first

Actually, I may have guessed what Rats role is.

He's Lupin, or something of the sort.

His power is to kill anyone who investigates him at night. Which sounds like a great scum cover...which is how it could be used against him. Scum brews mistrust to keep him alive today, and he remains a strong suspect moving forward.

That being said, if this were the case, I feel confident that we can pull together and manage 50% on a vote.

Post doesn't seem well thought out... Rats wants to hide info, bad scum cover. How rats wouldn't get lynched with that would be even worse.
I suppose that's a possibility.

Could there be a possibility that there's a scum who does something bad when they die? Of course, if that were the case, then I don't see why they'd reveal it now...better do it later to take heat off scum (and I don't believe Burb is scum).

I guess I feel pretty safe in doing so.

Reversal, votes on Rats. Around this point I would consider the bandwagon begun

Sorry guys, sorry Rats, I think I have to do this.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

A masked role-claim for no reason whatsoever.

On one hand, bring attention to something alot of us skipped over, on the other hand, again not voting for Rats.

I don't see anything wrong with your plan, but I don't see us getting it together by the deadline tomorrow and lynching Rats is preferable to no lynching.

That being said, I'm removing my vote for zippedpinhead and am putting my vote back in for Rats. Zipped was foolish, but I'd say he was just a foolish townie at this point. No scum would bring that much attention unto themselves. If someone is willing to look through Zipped's pasts games to get a more accurate profile, go for it, but I'm not that suspicious of him anymore.

And now back on the train for some reason, initial situation could've been read as fooliish tow too, just more weirdness from exodus verall
06 [f] Swamped -
07 [m] Arkos -
As others have said, we understand your plan and some may agree with it, but you're not going to coerce people into following it and it doesn't look like it's taking off, thus people aren't paying it much mind. I agree that no lynch is a bad idea too. (I'll be voting before the day is over, I guess I'm leaning rats too but I am genuinely perplexed at his claim. I'll think on it and see if I can provide any input that isn't pure speculation.)

This is in regards to what Retroid is doing. Seems a little iffy on the rats lynch
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess -
LOL guys... I was just getting used to the nice and slow pace of this game... :p

Interesting turn of events!

With only 3 more votes needed for majority I will not vote for Rats right now. Some of you mentioned that he might not be allowed to talk about his role. Probably true. If that's not true I don't see a reason why he doesn't at least leave us some hints to work with.

As for his power I remember that in Election that very own SalvaPot claimed to be kind of a bomb-man who gets informed if someone visits him and then can use the command OOPS and blow his visitor up... It wasn't true back then but I wonder if he took this idea over to his own game.... With that in mind Rats is dangerous for town and should be lynched today.

But as I said I don't see a need to rush things now. And there are players who were not talking a lot lately. The one that sticks out to me the most is TheGoddamn. You've been waaaayy to quite this game so far.You had your vote on Burb and that's why your inactivity might have been overseen but it doesn't change the fact that you only posted twice in this game so far!! Please chime in and give us your thoughts on the recent events!!

Vote: TheGoddamn

Stuff from BSP, doesn't particularly stand out
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge -
10 [m] Gorlak -
Hey,
weekend was busy. Here I am. The pleasent anticipation of the game was real, I still am excited to be here and play :)

I like to take a different view at things, a good town is a town which considers every possibility and does not vote because it's easy. My no lynch proposal sparked early discussion and was my way of starting the game. Burb's claim offered another opportunity to get to know the crowd in here. And over the weekend discussion shifted to Rats.

Now with Rats offer I have a problem. Many people are willingly jumping at the wagon, because he has to be town. Besides his vigorous "pro lynch" argument there was nothing special from him, I don't understand why some see him as town. Well, he could very well be town and upfront with us, but this is mafia. Does nobody have the imagination to see something bad coming out of this? Scum being wanted to be lynched? Being more powerful in death? I'm not the one to simply swallow "I'm town as fuck".
One important note: He is essentially saving Burb today. I don't know if this is his intention, but a result of his claim nonetheless. In post 158 and 263 he says he believes Burb, and yesterday he claimed. I don't know if this is good/bad/intended but we have to keep in mind this will happen if we follow through his plan.

Rats: My guess is, you soft claimed Lupin/werewolf and will kill somebody every other night without having a control about it. Maybe scum can force you to lose control. You vaguely talk about your info being used against you. Maybe people would have different opinions about your lynch if you reveal yourself? Some will probably not see you as dangerous enough to lynch you? The override is a classic and basically creating a theoretical worry in your favour.
Would you lynch any random person in here if he/she came up with the exact same claim as you did? Would you trust anybody with such a claim?
If you came to your decision before the game, why did you wait until now?
---
Completely different topic, because some wanted me to speak up - I want to come back to the No Lynch one more time:
Look who voted for it: people who joined the community. There is some form of peer pressure in Gafia towards a Day1 lynch. Don't get my wrong, today I'm against a no lynch, because we have claims and can make a decision based on them. But the general attitude of "we have to lynch" still doesn't sit right with me. This is why I wanted to talk about it. It is an unwritten law in here and even discussing it, is ultimately suspicious? Crab stood out because he was very threatening, so I reacted especially to him. We should not sit around and silently agree on things that have always been done a certain way. I question my viewpoints and my conclusions a lot. Otherwise one can be blinded easily and miss crucial information.
---
Speaking of missing, looking at the one flame ac post now.

Probably won't get an answer to that.

My initial thought to Rats claim was that he offered another bandwagon option and wanted to see who would swing towards him. Ultimately following with him withdrawing his claim and looking at the early switchers. Now this not a probable outcome anymore.

11 [m] Hyperactivity -
Tanner vibes?

GUYS WE DON'T HAVE TANNERS. IF WE DO, SALVA AND NIN DESIGNED A TERRIBLE GAME.

Discredit the idea of a tanner for the 500th time

He wasn't so bad in election, but the poor dude got stereotyped into being lynched.

Think I know what you're role claiming

Gonna add at this point I was thinking along the lines of Rats being more like he originally was- the idea that he was ordinary came later
Ugh Rats. Pretty sure I believe in you being town

-You're drawing weird attention to yourself if you're scum
-I don't believe in jesters

One of three things is happening right now:

1) You're telling the truth

2) You have some sort of protector role ala Palmer in Star Wars, and Burbeting is who you must protect. This would likely lead to Burbeting getting lynched tomorrow though. A better way to have accomplished would be to have vote no lynch, let yourself get lynched tomorrow at worst, and leave Burb to his own mercy

3) You're trying something, and I'll leave it at that

This is the point at which I formulated my (wrong) theory

Think I know what you're doing here buddy and I guess I'll try to help you out

VOTE: Rats Off To Ya

Where I started to try and get a bandwagon rolling

I'll play along here.

Scum can often use roles like switchers or roleblockers to manipulate town prs, and his role might be something that randomly kills or roleblocks.

Excellent tool right there for scum use

Me bs'ing, thinking he's ordinary. The possibility of some sort of random killer was there, but my mind was so set at this point on what to do the rest of the day. It's why I said: "I'll play along"

This is not the most ordinary of games, these aren't the most ordinary of circumstances.

I believe Rats, and think it's better just to trust him right now

Me trying to convey my theory of Rats being an ordinary
I'm sorry, but I can decide my own views for myself, and I've decided I trust Rats in this

Me being pro Rats lynch again

Gonna cut it off here, many of my posts from here on out just continue the ame line of thought

12 [m] Flame_AC -
What would you say if I reason that you're just trying to save the life of Burb, perhaps a fellow scum mate? (I don't believe this, but how do you defend yourself, seems oftly convenient to save Burb.)

Continues the whole aggressive style Flame_AC generally has, but this seems a little underccoked/not well thought out

I agree with those urging people who are voting Rats! to wait until he reveals his role. If it is truly something that will damage the town, then we'll lynch him. All of you running to Rats! are just following a consensus and not necessarily your own views.
I agree with this, everyone who is bandwagoning Rats! is looking quite suspicious to me. There could easily be scum hiding in this lynch train since it's such an obvious vote for those that haven't taken a side on Burb yet.

Brings up a legitimate point, but also seems hesitant to lynch Rats when he was SOOO ready to lynch burbeting for being "a distraction" and when Burbeting had such a nice train to hop on as well

Personally, as a miller I'd play the odds game and keep it to myself until I got found out. I'd bank on the investigator going for one of the other 27 people and hope that my actions in the game are enough of an alibi for me.

Another weird thing from flame_ac
13 [-] Enker -
Burbeting, I mentioned that I believe you are Snape but I don’t know if that is good or bad for us. However, after thinking about it, I do not want to vote for “Snape” because you’re probably hiding some role power that’s good for Town. Hopefully we’ll see it assuming Scum doesn’t NK you. My guess at the moment is that you have an Agreement to protect Draco while both he and Dumbledore still live. If you were a cop (or secret doctor given the Potion Master abilities) you probably wouldn’t have role claimed.

Also, if we had all voted for you before, then Rats would not have had the chance to volunteer. As I am another person who will be unable to participate on Monday during the mad rush to the bell, I need to vote tonight as my final vote. If someone’s asking to die, especially on Day 1, why?

I believe that if Rats was playing a Scum gambit to protect Burbeting, the volunteer would have happened pages ago. So, likely Town and as such has no reason to lie to us.

That said, I’m around for a few more hours and if something more convincing pops up reserve the right to change my vote.
Believed rats, doesn't mean much either way at this point (bandwagon has started by this point)

If anyone else is thinking of claiming roles today for some reason, you really need to not do that as the Death Eaters are getting a lot of stuff they could use right now.

Flame knows what I'm talking about, thanks zipped and magnum...

I'm afraid to say, but probably Burb. I don't want him to dominate game discussion like EzekealRAGE did in Archer mafia. I still don't know why he would role claim almost immediately at the start in fear of investigators. Was he worried that he would seem suspicious enough that he would be investigated almost immediately? It's too precautionary.

Leaning to lynch burb over (rats I think). Which is REALLY weird to me, red signals everywhere

I've decided to VOTE: Blargonaut until he starts making sense.

And now for something completely different and off topic

On second thought...

So this is a case of wanting to be lynched as a sacrifice for the greater good of Town players? Wat. I don't know what to do... I'll just wait and see for a few hours, and then decide if I should change my vote.

????

After reading a few more responses, Rats seems to really want this. I've never seen someone literally tell everyone to lynch him in Mafia before.

So.....

As you wish. Vote: Rats Off To Ya

Bandwagonny vote, doesn't mean much either way
15 [m] Burbeting -
I'm going to think about my reads on some player (not on everyone, that would a waste of time at the moment), but Rats, you really can't tell anything further about this role? At the moment I just get Tanner vibes.

Just something I find sort of ironic, looking at my current suspicions this sort of gives reason that Burb's actual role isn't so similar to Rats' situation

Ratsy: Otherwise has been silent, other than his claim. Don’t understand why he won’t reveal it all? It would give people more incentive to believe him, otherwise it sounds kinda strange. I don’t think he is a scum, why would scum try to bus himself this hard? Even in the hypothetical scenario where I am scum, it still would not make any sense. So I say I will believe that he wants to do best for town, but why the secrecy?

Cautiously for rats lynch???

Gonna say this in regards to my current situation again- Burb just revealed that he was hiding something from us all.

Fix it by posting another post?

If there is no Tanner here, most likely, then I don't know any other scenario than that Rats is telling the truth. Scum has no good reason to do this, really.

note: For now this is a temporary vote, I still would really like to hear what your role really is, so far your reasoning why not to has sounded halfbaked.

Votes for Rats, wants more info first
I will say that my vote came from my own thoughts, and not from the concensus, so I will keep my vote for now. I don't see how Rats could be a scum, so I'm inclined to believe him.

However, yes. If you are just following just the concensus, rethink. But I don't agree with Flame, who jumped quickly to the conclusion that everyone voting rats to not have used their own brains either.

Would categorize burbeting as pro rats lynch at this point for sure, this really doesn't bother me

I don't think Rats is a scum who is giving himself on a silver platter, for these reasons:

When I am town (which I am): Sacrificing a scum just to make a Miller look suspicious? That's just stupid play from scums.

If I was scum (which I'm not): If Rat's flipped scum, it would make me look more suspicious, and that would be two scums down quickly. That would be also extra stupid play.

Now, there could be a scum role, that would so something bad when dying (like lynch bomb), but that would be saved until the last possible moment for maximum impact, not on D1.

Same logic as Sawneeks and I - why not???
16 [m] Matt Attack -
It's not like I'm 100% against voting him out, but I'm usually apprehensive about voting out people who are likely to be town (and he probably is, because if this is a scum play then wow). If has to be between Rats and Burb, then I would prefer to vote out Rats because I know he's a strong player- if he says that he's a liability, then I'll take his word on it.

Apprehensive of voting out Rats and Burb, would rather random lynch

I don't think I'm going to find my other candidate today, so I'll take your word for it that this is a good decision. I'm more comfortable with this than lynching Burb at least.

And a change in opinion from what was already flawed logic, weird stuff, andwagonny vote
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya -
18 [m] Crab -
19 [m] kingkitty -

vote: rats off to ya

If you really, really think this is a good idea because your role will somehow be a hindrance to town...then okay. I guess better your role than potentially killing someone with a more helpful role.You shall be burned at the stake.

I still think Burbeting is a safe choice, but eh whatevs

Scum jumping on the bandwagon

Skimming this thread, I do agree that Rats should at least reveal what his role is. Curious why he isn't. Is he afraid we won't lynch him because of the role?

Perhaps his role is contingent on him dying (but isn't tanner), and he doesn't want to give his plan away.

I'm currently in deep thought, rubbing my chin.

Scum trying to get info from Rats, wants to know his role before lynch
20 [m] Blargonaut -

Apply yourselves

BaQPnqu.gif

Hat's off to ya

I'm not voting for Rats.

Glean from that what you will, but this is one heat shield I'm not gonna stand behind.

Most direct opposition to the rats vote
21 [m] Kalor -
Well, I was hoping that another vote canidate came up and it has in the form of Rats. If they think that their role could end up being detrimental to town then I'm willing to vote for them today. They are a far better option than Burbeting or a no lynch.

Wanted to vote for another candidate, I want to get back to this post, see if it's consistent with other stuff from Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn -
23 [m] Lord of Castamere -
I think you misread my posts. I've said that odds are good Burb is telling the truth but that there's a slim chance he isn't. When it comes down to it killing a known weak role is better than randomly hitting a possibly powerful one. Plus, as I said, he could be neutral too. All possibilities. I don't see no lynch as an option and he's our best choice for day 1.

Sorta just ignores the Rats situation, disregard this is I find another post from LoC where he was sort of behind on what all was going on at that precise moment

I caught up with the rats affair and I agree. As of right now Rats is now the best option for a Day 1 lynch. A town role that works against us is bad indeed. I wish he'd reveal what the role is though and let us decide on that.

Kill Rats today and using what information we get from it to revisit Blurb tomorrow. Good plan, with no lynched doctors hopefully.

Vote: Rats off to ya

Disregard what I said, doesn't mean much either way because of ongoing bandwagon
I don't agree with the line of thought that leads to Rats = scum. A scum ability that lets a scum cripple town isn't common, mainly because it's too easy to force your lynch. The main possibility paints Burb and Rats as bad players.

Scum Burb does an automatic role claim at the beginning of the day hoping town would spare him for his honesty. Plan backfires and it looks like town might lynch him. So Scum Rats soft claims to save his life. Sparing him for one day. Either Rats deliberately cut in to save a fellow scums life or capitalized on the opportunity. Why though? Nothing that speculative role does could make up for 2 players lost. Horrible play. I can't believe it. Even one scum lost this early is unnecessary. Especially when just not talking would have spared both of them. The role would have to be very powerful which I just don't find likely. I think Rats is telling the truth.

Obvious stuff is obvious
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie -
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy -
Well this day has certainly taken a turn.

I hope we get a reads list from Rats before he dies. We'll also learn from those who voted for him. I doubt anyone will hammer, but I have a good feeling that there is scum that voted early (but not too early), and scum that will not vote at all since they'll seem too eager to get him to a majority.

The day is still a bit obfuscated though. It's been pretty easy to make a vote against Burb, debate the merits of a no-lynch versus a lynch, and then jump on Rats to fulfil your activity quota.

I suppose, in a game of this size, it will be difficult to sniff out scum until our numbers are whittled down a bit.

Stuff from L_P, commenting on situation as a hole, I'm sleepy

I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

Don't lynch Rats.

28 person game and he wants to be lynched Day 1? Adamant that if he claims we STILL lynch him? Does he have that little faith in us? Is his role THAT detrimental to the town? Cthulhu, town lost doctor and cop early, still won. NX, cop and jailer died first day, and town almost won. We lose a PR, that will suck. But we have numbers, and if Rats stays, as a strong town player, we can use him, even if he's inadvertently killing PR's left and right.

Unless he can be converted to a Death Eater, in which case lynch away.

No one would bow out so easily just to save a townie or two. The other alternative I can think of (besides lynch bomb but that's a survival tactic) is that he WANTS to be killed/lynched so that he can come back stronger. You know, kind of like how Voldemort was "killed", but just lost his physical form so he could go around possessing people and wreaking havoc. Yes, don't look at flavour, yada yada.

So yeah, don't lynch Rats. Heck, I'd prefer a no lynch instead.

Ok, weirdness and attempt from L_P to force vote away from Rats

Refuse to lynch Rats unless he fully claims. If scum can use him, then lynch him tomorrow.

Promptly votes for Burbeting instead

WHAT???

This is weirdness that smells scummy to me
26 [m] roytheone -
Alright, so a lot has happened while I was asleep. Now, looking at what rats is saying and specifically telling us hyper and Sawneeks were on the right track leads me to believe he is some kind of role that randomly kills (or does something else that is bad). BSP has offered the option that Rats is some kind of "visitor bomb", but that seems very unlikely to me since then he could just not use his power and he will not be a danger to town. No, if rats speaks the truth, he has little to no control over his powers. That would be very bad for us, as

A) Statistically he will be much more likely to hit a towny then scum, and
B) It makes the night happenings much more chaotic and harder to make sense of, which will help scum to hide their night actions.

Now, the obvious question we need to answer is if he is speaking the truth? I think he is. I struggle to find another explanation for this kind of behavior. Him being scum trying to save Burb makes no sense so early on in the game, and being a tanner is also highly unlikely since that role is kind of a no-go in this community. Being a role that "powers up" after being "lynched" is also a long shot, since if we lynch him and he doesn't die, that would put a ridiculous amount of suspicion on him during D2 and he will probably be lynched again, this time for real.

The only thing that does strike me as weird is his complete unwillingness to share his power with us. He has a very high vote lead right now, and has said that he can in fact talk about his power, yet he doesn't. His main arguments are that he is afraid of an override and that he want the role reveal to be "exciting". I disagree with both arguments. I doubt a town PR with an override would use it to save Rats right now, it would be kind of a waste. A scum PR with an override would also not make a lot of sense, since that scum would basically out himself. And for what, to profit from rats power for one night? I doubt they will do that. And playing to make a game "exciting" is not a smart thing to do IMO, especially if that hurts your own team.

Still, even with that bit of doubt in my mind, I think Rats is the best option for today. I find it unlikely he is lying, and if his role is what I think it is, it would be very bad for us to have around, so:

(I don't want to risk a turbo right now since a lot of people are sleeping and may want to say some last minute things later)

Wants info from Rats, offers some decent points but can be considered soemwhat bandwagonny at this point. This fact just sucks for European players (including Gorlak and bsp iirc) as they got screwed over for being a little later to the party (I know the feeling well, as it's going on right now for me probably)

The annoying thing with this situation is that whatever we decide to do, we are taking a risk. If we decide to lynch him, we are taking the risk he is some kind of weird scum/neutral PR that benefits from being lynched. If we don't, we risk that he was speaking the truth and we have a random killer during the night which will cause a lot of problems. The way I see it, it is more likely he is speaking (at least partially) the truth about his role, and I see a random killer being active during the night as the bigger danger for town, so lynching him is the smaller risk of the two.

Still not sureI buy the way he presents both risks as somehow being equal here
27 [m] Zippedpinhead -
I can get behind pushing for rats, but I'm not going to help tunnel him out without at least a chance for him to explain his ability.

If this is another game where everyone has an ability except for me...

Sorta hesitant to lynch rats - randomly claims ordinary

It's ridiculous, third game in a row as just a non-ability Hogwarts (read town) aligned character.

It's not for "no reason" it's a theory, we have two people who have role pained a power day 1, we've never had that before. My theory is that most of us have power roles, or death information, or something, and it stinks to not have one. I'm complaining about my luck.

This whole conversation was really weird to me, and, imo, a really anti town play from zipped
It's ridiculous, third game in a row as just a non-ability Hogwarts (read town) aligned character.

It's not for "no reason" it's a theory, we have two people who have role pained a power day 1, we've never had that before. My theory is that most of us have power roles, or death information, or something, and it stinks to not have one. I'm complaining about my luck.

At this point it seems a little forced

I will vote before the day is out. Likely for burb or rats (assuming the votes don't swing drastically one way or another). I'm going to think it through before I throw my vote on a miller or someone who wants us to kill him...

More weird stuff from zipped

vote:rats off to you

I don't like doing this, but if it gets you to reveal why you want to die...

bandwagonny vote

I've decided that I don't want rats to die today. The fact that he hasn't come back for any defense, offense, rebuttal, or discussion of any kind leaves me too leery to leave my vote on him.

I'm still voting, so I'm going to vote for someone else. I'm going whole random number generator on this one.

vote: bananaspaceprincess

Sorry just drew the short straw today.

If you all want to vote out rats it's not with my help.

And zips ends the day with total weirdness, and decides to rng his vote

????

In the last hour too
28 [f] Sawneeks -
Also a general question for those who don't want to vote Rats, why? What are you afraid of?

Main sentiment from me too. Safely pro Rats lynch

'Variant', he could become stronger/uncontrollable or, as Rats alluded to, could be used against Town by Scum. He talked about answering a question previous asked in the thread about roles and seeing as he could be dangerous I think there can be a safe assumption he is Lupin.

Pro-Rats lynch, would argue Sawneeks, Burbeting, Rats, and I formed the backbone of the Rats lynch

Rats is alluding to something bad and I'm going to assume it means a killing power. Why should we keep that around? If Rats is willing to sacrifice himself because he might become a danger later then we should lynch him instead of Burb. We should get rid of the potential killer now and reevaluate Burb later since you really want to keep talking about him in the coming Days.

Why should we even keep him around for that long if even Rats said it would be better to lynch him now instead of later? Town!Rats does anything to help Town win and I'm assuming that's what's happening now as he would rather sacrifice himself to help us win than keep playing in some hope that his power won't work against him. Also 'one more day of scum using his powers'? We don't know what his powers are but going with the safe assumption of 'Lupin' it either means he can kill at Night or he can Roadblock, both of which would severely hinder Town. Instead of 1 Scum kill a Night we would end up with 2, something we don't need.

Also everything that you are saying can be used against Rats can be used the same exact way with Burb. Find out who would vote out Burb today, let Burb live and see what happens later. Except Burb apparently doesn't have a killing role while Rats does so I don't see why Burb should be lynched over Rats.

More pro rats lynch stuff, at this point Sawneeks POV is pretty similar to mine

I even double checked to make sure I wasn't missing something. My mistake. :(

To answer your response; I still think you can use that same principle but with what happened early with Burb. There a multiple people who pledged or said something about lynching him at Day's end before Rats even came forward and you can use that info when the time comes to lynch Burb. What I disagree with is keeping Rats around just to play your gambit when Rats has said he could be a real danger to Town. Burb hasn't said that or even hinted at it so if we want to run a gambit with him it would be much safer than using Rats and his mystery power. Keeping Rats around could mean more deaths and I don't want to run that risk.

Also, like I suggested earlier, it could be Rats can't talk about the details. Or he is lying altogether and we are about to unless mayhem. BUT I would much rather risk lynching a possible murderer than a possible miller.

On the situation's similarity to burbeting's

People that stand out off the top of my head:

Flame_AC, Retroid, TheExodus, LoC, Lone_Prodigy, ZippedPinHead

Flame_AC especially, was SUPER pro Burbeting lynch then against rats. Lone_Prodigy also does a thing similar to that too. Same sorta with ZippedPinHead, the whole thing going on with him was weird

TheExodu5

Banned
My second post in particular wasn't well worded or thought out. I was at work and brainstorming out loud, trying to think of a possible scenario of why Rats couldn't reveal his role. I jumped on the bandwagon so to speak when Sawneeks explained that it was a possibility that his role power prevented him from talking about his role. It presented a possible scenario with why he couldn't reveal his role.

Zipped made a suspicious play and I was trigger happy with my vote. I swapped over once I was convinced that it was more likely a mistake than a deliberate play.

Anyways, you seem to take issue with me being non commital to my votes. My non committedness is simply a manifestation of my thought process, as disorganized as it can be. I didn't think I was doing anyone any favours by internalizing my thoughts, but maybe I'll try to think things through and word things a little more clearly in the future.

Burbeting

Banned
Some quick comments.

15 [m] Burbeting -

1. Cautiously for rats lynch???

2. Gonna say this in regards to my current situation again- Burb just revealed that he was hiding something from us all.

1. Yeah, I was cautiosly for Rats lynch during that post. At that point I didn't understand why he didn't want to reveal his role, if he really wanted to get lynched, so it was odd, and I wanted to think about it a bit more at that time. After thinking about it, I decided it was the best course of action to give him what he wanted.

2. Think about this: If I were to hide something, isn't there a at least a good chance I did so, because I thought it would be for the best of town?

16 [m] Matt Attack -

Apprehensive of voting out Rats and Burb, would rather random lynch

And a change in opinion from what was already flawed logic, weird stuff, andwagonny vote

I actually think I was being pretty consistent- I maintained that I preferred a lynch of Rats over Burb if it came down to the two of them, so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that my opinion changed.

Leaning to lynch burb over (rats I think). Which is REALLY weird to me, red signals everywhere

And now for something completely different and off topic

????

Bandwagonny vote, doesn't mean much either way
Uhh, no on that first one. Rats didn't do his whole "please lynch me guise" thing yet. Flame_ac was asking if I was leaning on anybody particular because I said before that I had no half-decent reads on anyone. I decided to talk about Burb in response. A few posts later, I got over it because as you said, it's a good precaution to role claim as a miller at the beginning of the game.

For the second one, Blarg was legitimately not contributing to discussion at all. Just talking about how "bored" he was. I decided to leave my vote on him because why not? Obviously, it was short-lived once Rats decided to tell us his role would be dangerous.

For the third one, I'm sorry that I didn't immediately join the bandwagon? I honestly didn't get why Rats would do that. Even now that his role has been revealed, I still don't know why.

Lastly, that was just me clearing my head and making what seemed like the obvious choice at the time. Call it me bandwagoning. Me "joining a bandwagon" doesn't automatically make me scum.

Uhh, no on that first one. Rats didn't do his whole "please lynch me guise" thing yet. Flame_ac was asking if I was leaning on anybody particular because I said before that I had no half-decent reads on anyone. I decided to talk about Burb in response. A few posts later, I got over it because as you said, it's a good precaution to role claim as a miller at the beginning of the game.

For the second one, Blarg was legitimately not contributing to discussion at all. Just talking about how "bored" he was. I decided to leave my vote on him because why not? Obviously, it was short-lived once Rats decided to tell us his role would be dangerous.

For the third one, I'm sorry that I didn't immediately join the bandwagon? I honestly didn't get why Rats would do that. Even now that his role has been revealed, I still don't know why.

Lastly, that was just me clearing my head and making what seemed like the obvious choice at the time. Call it me bandwagoning. Me "joining a bandwagon" doesn't automatically make me scum.

it seemed you were catching up overall. Wasn't actually entirely sure about the context, which is why I put parentheses around the rats part. There are a bunch of these posts, I can lose track or forget something occasionally. They're meant to be things EVERYONE looks at and comments on, helps me notice things I myself didn't notice, etc. Voting blarg to me seemed really off-topic because it did? It was really abrupt and random, off topic, etc. 3rd things i wasn't gleaning any info from, put that there because you hadn't spoken much in general iirc. To get this straight right now- I don't see joining the bandwagon yesterday as being particularly damning, instead, I saw it as going either way. Not contributing to you being scum or town

I actually think I was being pretty consistent- I maintained that I preferred a lynch of Rats over Burb if it came down to the two of them, so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that my opinion changed.

More the idea of you looking for another person being really strange

it seemed you were catching up overall. Wasn't actually entirely sure about the context, which is why I put parentheses around the rats part. There are a bunch of these posts, I can lose track or forget something occasionally. They're meant to be things EVERYONE looks at and comments on, helps me notice things I myself didn't notice, etc. Voting blarg to me seemed really off-topic because it did? It was really abrupt and random, off topic, etc. 3rd things i wasn't gleaning any info from, put that there because you hadn't spoken much in general iirc. To get this straight right now- I don't see joining the bandwagon yesterday as being particularly damning, instead, I saw it as going either way. Not contributing to you being scum or town

I'm glad we're clear on that. Sorry if I sounded too defensive.

roytheone

Thanks guys for not moving the day start/end times to an inhuman hour for us silly Europeans! Never being able to be around during day starts/ends because it falls in the middle of the night during the normal week really sucks. I will return the favor and not hammer Kitty now so that you guys don't get screwed over :)

For the record, if the lynch bomb does exist, my personal preference would be for Sawneeks to take the fall, as I'd like the doubt regarding the poison and her allegiance to be removed. If she were to end up being cured, it would probably be pretty difficult to verify that she was actually poisoned to begin with. I do hesitate a bit here though because I know that Sawneeks can be a really strong town player based upon my experiences in the GAFia game.

Well, she claims she got notified that she got poisoned, so if someone else comes forward tomorrow saying he has been poisoned, that will lend some credence to her claim. I doubt scum would forfeit an extra kill opportunity just to put suspicion on someone that will probably die soon anyway, and if it is a neutral power there is even less reason for that person to not poison on purpose.

Also, when looking through the posts of the low activity posters, I realized this is still the only post of Arkos in this day phase:

Lol Blarg being Blarg? Getting off work soon will check in with thoughts later this evening

Seriously, this is barely better than not posting at all this day phase, which really is unacceptable IMO. If you are too busy to play in this game Arkos, please tell us that and don't say you will be back with thoughts later and then disappear.

Gorlak

Banned
Also, when looking through the posts of the low activity posters, I realized this is still the only post of Arkos in this day phase:

Seriously, this is barely better than not posting at all this day phase, which really is unacceptable IMO. If you are too busy to play in this game Arkos, please tell us that and don't say you will be back with thoughts later and then disappear.

Already PMed the mods, they are looking into it.

Flame_AC

I'll answer Hyper's statement about why I was "hesitant" to lynch Rats!. I really wanted to lynch Burb and had hoped that if I stuck to my guns, I might be able to keep enough people to lynch Burb. Obviously I couldn't just say I wasn't going to lynch someone anti-town and so I had to make it seem like I was also willing to vote Rats! even though I had no intention of doing so. I also remember someone posting that it was better for players to stick to their guns on things like this as to switch would make it seem like they were never really interested in lynching their original target in the first place.

Also, really enjoying your posts Hyper.

dd3dWD3.jpg

1. [m] R?tr??d
  2. [m] M?gn?mB?y20xx
  3. [m] K?wl_USC
  4. [m] Ryn?m
  5. [m] Th?Ex?d?5
  6. [f] Sw?mp?d (R?P)
  7. [m] Ark?s
  8. [f] b?n?n?sp?c?pr?nc?ss
  9. [m] Th?W?rthy?dg?
  10. [m] G?rl?k