• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 confirmed for PS4, VIta, PC/OSX/Linux in 2014

SmokyDave

Probably, they've been teasing it for a while now.

iUvIzZq.png
I'm printing and framing that tweet.

It will come to consoles (hoping for Xbox One/360 too, more people need to play this) eventually, but I wish for a simultaneous release.

day 1 for pc, hopefully it's true 1080p this time without the black bars on the side of the screen
Weird, on PS3 is 1080p full screen.

Shinriji

And that's why, kids, that Vita receives indie late ports. Now most of the new games from the indie makers will release day and date with PC.

Day 1 for Hotline Miami 2.

pargonta

ps4.

yes.

I hope I don't get spoiled about interesting scenes in the game, that would be a shame.

wait.... erm, nevermind.

Soul4ger

Played the shit out of the original on Vita over the past day, while convalescing after abdominal surgery. What an awesome, addictive brutal little action game. Time flew by while I played it. Got dat platinum. I'll definitely be getting the sequel on Vita, hopefully with PS4 Cross Buy support.

sense

yea ps4 and vita was definitely there when the thread started. gamescom announcement most likely.

lol

Where is the xbone version

well the first one didn't come over to 360 plus they probably didn't get devkits so gamescom announcement saying exclusive console debut on ps4 along the lines of witness, transistor and others perhaps.

styl3s

I really, really wish Sony would just drop the price on the Vita so i can buy one because it's getting harder and harder to force myself not to get one when i see it in a store.

SmokyDave

I've played it on PC, so Vita is obviously not the only way to play it. I sold my Vita last year m8, sry/
You shouldn't have done that. You lost 15% of your soul in that transaction.

I know I'm the last guy you'd believe in this matter, but it really is fucking awesome on the Vita. The only time I play it on anything else is when I want to blast out the soundtrack. Even then, I sometimes hook the Vita up to some guitar amps and let it rip.

It looks so good on the OLED and the controls are smooth as butter. With the snappy levels, it's the perfect handheld game.

Mileena

Banned
You shouldn't have done that. You lost 15% of your soul in that transaction.

I know I'm the last guy you'd believe in this matter, but it really is fucking awesome on the Vita. The only time I play it on anything else is when I want to blast out the soundtrack. Even then, I sometimes hook the Vita up to some guitar amps and let it rip.

It looks so good on the OLED and the controls are smooth as butter. With the snappy levels, it's the perfect handheld game.

I didn't wanna do it, but Sony forced my hand by not ever announcing any interesting games; fastforward a year from when I sold it and they still haven't announced anything for it. I made the right decision I feel.

I also don't doubt the game is great on Vita, but those analogs are fucking awful imo (couldn't aim for shit in Uncharcoal: GA) and I'm 100% perfect godlike aimbot hax with my mouse/keyboard :) Saying "Vita is the only way to play this game" is just absolutely silly and you should know this, I know you're not a lunatic fanboy like the guy who said it.

Not releasing this game on current-gen consoles makes this yet another example of how gimmicky next-gen can be. Releasing games exclusive to next-gen that would run perfectly well on PS3 is nothing but missed sales opportunity for the developers for all those not jumping to next-gen.

Tapejara

Nice. They must've got a good commercial result porting the first game to the PS3/Vita.

I don't know if they've released actual numbers, but the PlayStation Blog has it listed as the #1 on the Vita charts and #19 on the PS3 charts for June, with it dropping to #3 on Vita for July.

Glad it did well. Still have to pick it up, I think I missed out on a Plus discount for it though :(.

Piggus

I've played it on PC, so Vita is obviously not the only way to play it. I sold my Vita last year m8, sry/

I had the game a long time on PC but never really got into it until I got the Vita version. It just plays extremely well on the Vita. I prefer it over the PS3 and PC version actually.

Kydd BlaZe

Day one on PS4.

Will consider the Vita version though, as I'm thinking about picking up a Vita for Killzone: Mercenary.

Man, I hope that PS4/VITA bundle is true. I may very well get it.

So what's with no Xbox? I don't get it. Is it a timed exclusive? Is it a secondary concern for development/porting? Don't devs see a bigger market for Xbox? Is the Sony Indie Juice that good?

Top Bottom