• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intel Panel hearing on Russian involvement (3/20, 10am ET, livestream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrokeJoe

It gets people on the record about whats currently known, restates a lot of the details in a wider public forum outside of the media's reporting, and got Comey to make his views on the wire-tapping allegations publicly.

I am curious about what comes next though.

This and this...

Not "Bernie Bros" fault the way that Clinton has run her last two campaigns in a disastrous and frankly disgusting fashion. (Starting the birther crap, basically blaming Bernie for Sandy Hook)

Not to mention data showing that his supporters voted for her at a higher rate than Clinton supporters answered in polls saying they would vote for him.

Also not to mention many of this group are people who would usually either vote 3rd party or not vote at all due to being unhappy with both options.

Keep blaming them though. It's everyone's fault besides the comically bad campaign.
If you have such a loose grasp on reality to think the Clinton campaign started the birher conspiracy you need to table you political positions for now and take fresh look at where we are today and what we need to do to move forwards.

I'm going to blame anyone who gave Trump cover on his part in the birther movement and as a result helped him get elected despite salacious and untrue claims about the former President.

Nafai1123

Banned
The best that happened today is that Comey confirmed there is an active investigation, which deflates the WH and GOP insistence of "fake news" regarding Trump/Russia. There is also the fact that he was able to comment on Trumps wiretap claims, effectively debunking them and getting Trump in deeper water for lying. There is also the clarification over Clappers previous comments regarding evidence of collusion, which the GOP tried to use to defuse the issue publicly in the past.

Not to mention that we got to hear multiple Democrats state facts regarding the Trump/Russia connections, regardless whether Comey could comment or not. Those facts matter, and having them heard is important.

Overall, it was a pretty good day for those who want the truth to come out.

RaidenZR

Wait, Trump has a 2020 campaign rally tonight in Kentuchy? Wtf?
I shouldn't be surprised but I guess I'm not completely dead inside yet.

How much are we betting he spews some tremendous adjectives about today's hearing?

Not "Bernie Bros" fault the way that Clinton has run her last two campaigns in a disastrous and frankly disgusting fashion. (Starting the birther crap

You do know that there's actual evidence that you can literally see with your own fuckin' eyes that disputes this, right?

By repeating this lie, you're siding with a fucking lunatic who will say anything, no matter how blatantly false, in order to get people to agree with him/validate him.

How much are we betting he spews some tremendous adjectives about today's hearing?

"VOTE FOR ME, I'M UNDER OFFICIAL FBI INVESTIGATION."

His ability to distract from real issues is shrinking every time he tries. I look forwards to any off the cuff remarks he makes tonight.

VariantX

Campaign's fucking over, get to work already. What kind of fool starts campaigning not even 100 days into their own presidency for the next election 4 years from now?

Campaign's fucking over, get to work already. What kind of fool starts campaigning not even 100 days into their own presidency for the next election 4 years from now?
Somebody who needs to shower his rabid base with bullshit on the regular to keep the facade up, not only for himself, but in order to bludgeon wavering Republicans to stay in line.

He's already done other campaign events. In Florida previously a few weeks ago.

It's already happened with JD Gordon. Which I don't think was mentioned in the hearing?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/jd-gordon-trump-adviser-ukraine-rnc-2017-3

I think it's inevitable.

I think Schiff mentioned that Gordon said that the Trump campaign wanted the Republican platform changed. He just meant it as a statement, I don't think he asked Comey about him. Actually he asked Comey to look into it now that I think about it.

They just need to figure out who the Lau is in the GOP
dk_17.jpg

I mean, if someone is gonna snitch it's probably Carter Page. The guy can't even survive an interview with Chris Hayes without incriminating himself.

So, if I'm reading this right, nothing huge came out of this except for the fact that there is an investigation into Trump, which we already knew? Now it's just public?

That in and of itself is huge. Trump kept dismissing this shit as "fake news" for the longest time, even trying to get people from the FBI or DOJ to deny that there was any investigation or connection between him and Russia. Now it's on the record: he's being investigated.

Anything more substantial or specific than that is likely to be classified and part of their ongoing investigation, and as such couldn't be commented on in an open hearing.

He needs constant approval and having Trumpsters chant his name at one of his BS rallies is one way to do it.

On the one hand, I sorta get the strategy - he's trying to cement a die hard fan base that will listen to him no matter what

On the other, who is he campaigning against? He didn't "lock her up", he didn't build a wall, his budget is a fucking disaster, what ever amount of jobs he's "bought back" is a fraction of a fraction, there are literally thousands of positions still empty... Here's barely past the first quarter of the year of his first term and his administration is full of people under investigation

Seriously America what the flying fuck have you done

ZOONAMI

He needs constant approval and having Trumpsters chant his name at one of his BS rallies is one way to do it.

Rallies for the sake of rallies is pretty much a fascist calling card. It's essentially, hey, we gotta keep the klan fired up.

Hitler and Mussolini did it, NK, Madura, Erdogan, and Duterte do it. Trump does it.

Pastry

Banned
If he's doing rallies once a month for the next four years I can't imagine that they'll be of much use by the time 2020
rolls around. Eventually people are going to view these rallies as an ordinary thing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this will not result in Trump's impeachment. best case scenario, people close to him go to jail. He will be fine because he will have plausible deniability.

If Comey had proof that trump was directly involved, he would know that the President and the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT had been compromised, and he would move in quickly to get this traitor out of the white asap. he hasnt done this. either he doesnt yet have proof or is confident that trump personally hasnt been compromised like that Steele dossier suggested.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Just wait until Trumps arm is grafted onto Comey, and President Liquid Comey is elected for life.

And then we find out it was an elaborate act. And he wasn't infected with his arm at all.

Mobius 1

The Orange Turd is holding a rally-looking thing in KY right now. If you want to hear this shitstain try to spin it live on TV.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this will not result in Trump's impeachment. best case scenario, people close to him go to jail. He will be fine because he will have plausible deniability.

If Comey had proof that trump was directly involved, he would know that the President and the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT had been compromised, and he would move in quickly to get this traitor out of the white asap. he hasnt done this. either he doesnt yet have proof or is confident that trump personally hasnt been compromised like that Steele dossier suggested.

Or it means he's still gathering evidence cause you can't do anything this substantial without it...

Even the president gets due process, and even then it will still come down to the legislative branch to impeach him. You would want to make sure the case is wager tight on this because if not, consider the stakes.

But I don't think this leads to impeachment either. It doesn't need to.

Nafai1123

Banned

The FBI has no power to remove him from office. The best they can do is complete a thorough investigation and recommend action once it's completed.

It's still far too early to jump to conclusions one way or another, but I suspect if they have sufficient evidence to put Trump campaign aides in jail, they will have enough evidence to prove Trumps connection to it. Largely because I don't think the rats will go to jail to protect him. They will start singing as soon as they're facing indictment.

Chumley

Banned
Holy fuck this rally is downright pathetic

Trump talking about November 8th and how beautiful it was and how he's going to give the power back to the people

YOU'VE BEEN IN OFFICE TWO MONTHS YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT

KHarvey16

How does he "move in quickly"? What does that even mean? He can't arrest him. His job is to put together an investigation, dot every i and cross every t.

ZOONAMI

Your defeatism isn't bursting anyone's bubble. The financial links will do him in to the point he doesn't have plausible deniability (he already doesn't imo from what the press has released, that Florida mansion sale to an oligarch is already a fire). It's going to take time before the IC has an iron clad enough case for impeachment to put out publicly. He already is impeachable on emoluments grounds. Another massive fuck up even unrelated to the Russian treason could oust him.

That's not how any of this works.

Chumley

Banned

Let me guess, you said yesterday Comey wouldn't announce an investigation at all, right?

Defeatism doesn't make you correct. It just means you'll have more crow to eat.

You also don't seem to understand how the FBI even works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom