• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter [Kickstarter = Funded] Wii-U Stretch at 550K, Ends Oct 12

Coconut

Banned
Any chance for a summer release? I haven't follow it a lot so i'm not informed.

Just a few months ago they were looking for artists and level designers. So I wouldn't count on summer. The trend seems to be to release in mid December or early January for the more high profile indie games.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Some of the music in Hyper Light Drifter really reminded me of something but couldn't really pin it down. But this morning I was listening to some old Apparat stuff, like Fractales Pt. 1 and it clicked. Maybe it's just some samples/sounds, but I thought anyone digging Disasterpeace's stuff for HLD might like this too.

ArjanN

tumblr_nxmbghLYGC1uzx2jzo1_1280.png

Drifter is coming to Indivisible as a guest character:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls/x/2664348#/

There's a free playable prototype on PS4 and PC, the indiegogo campaign is still running, check it out.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Backed 13 games on KS and still waiting to get all of them. Feels nice to know I'm in for some good gsming even if the games are yskog their sweet arse time to come out.

LaneDS

Is this game ever going to see a general release?

Like, seriously? It's been YEARS.

Heart Machine has been very forthcoming with progress via backer updates, so I'm not really worried. Easy to look at the game and see how it's progressed throughout the years and I expect good things when it eventually releases.

Also, not to make excuses for them, but the lead developer literally has serious heart problems (thus "Heart Machine") that need addressing which undoubtedly sometime slow down the process.

Heart Machine has been very forthcoming with progress via backer updates, so I'm not really worried. Easy to look at the game and see how it's progressed throughout the years and I expect good things when it eventually releases.

Also, not to make excuses for them, but the lead developer literally has serious heart problems (thus "Heart Machine") that need addressing which undoubtedly sometime slow down the process.
Yeah, the backer updates have been pretty solid but VERY dry... Which is to be expected.

Between this and Ghost Song though.... Ffffff I want to behold the greatness in person!

Crocodile

I heard about the game sometime after the KS but the Lab Zero stream was the first time I saw the game in action. Looks pretty cool and I loved the music. Seems some of the combat/movement options are a bit stiff (can't can't attacks in dashes or vice versa - stuff like that)? Hopefully that gets addressed by release or sometime soon after game release if others feel the same.

Famassu

Is this game ever going to see a general release?

Like, seriously? It's been YEARS.
It's been 2 years. That's really not a long time for game development if the devs want to do some quality work on all fronts and develop a bit larger a game than something you run through in 2 hours.

Hmmm... That review of invasive heart valve surgery is pretty worrying. I was going to skip reviews and just see for myself, but now I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder and waiting for more survivor impressions.

It sounds like it was really overlong and packed with microtransactions. I thought having my wisdom teeth removed had pacing problems too, and didn't enjoy that experience at all.

I'm so happy to hear they're apparently doing better now.

Alex' condition sounds pretty rough. :(

There's a reason the dev is called Heart Machine!

He's commented on the fact that this particular surgery was coming up for a while, so while it sounds like the process is pretty unpleasant, it's at least good that it seems to have gone reasonably well.

LaneDS

No release date yet?

From the February 5th backer update:

Release

The question I'm sure is at the top of most of your minds is on release date. We've chosen to hold-off on announcing a specific day until we feel comfortable with our QA pass; we're preparing for the possibility of bugs that need fixing, and engine/code tweaks that may run deeper and take a bit longer. Different configurations of computers, operating systems, controllers and so on can make things complicated, so we want to make sure we have the time to tackle this as best we can. Giving ourselves some flexibility on timing is our best option, and helps us avoid disappointment.

Thank you for being patient, and we hope you understand why we have chosen to give ourselves some wiggle room and keep the date under wraps until we are sure. It's coming oh so soon!

Soon!

Read through the article about this game in the latest Game Informer a few days ago.

It sounds amazing. This is a day one purchase for sure.

I don't know if any of you backed the Wii U version, but apparently there are some problems with it. From the update today:

The Wii U port is, unfortunately, currently in limbo.
So what happened? We had information about our engine, two years back, when we announced support for the platform. This had assured us we could port to the Wii U with relatively little hassle by now. However, due to ongoing internal contractual issues beyond our control between the platform holder and engine developer, we just don't know when or if this situation will have a good resolution. We are looking into the options available and doing what we can to help push the issue, including posting about it here.

This means we will still offer the option of Wii U in the Surveys, with the stipulation that if you do choose it as your platform, and we end up unable to support it this year, we will offer you a key on another platform of your choice. We would rather keep this option open, knowing there's still a possibility for it to work, than cancel the port right now.

Other than that, the remainder of the surveys are going out this month. Considering that this was the first game I ever backed via Kickstarter (ages ago), I am still incredibly excited for it.

LaneDS

Got my backer survey for rewards and laughed at the estimated delivery of June 2014; I'm thinking that may arrive a little later than expected.

Either way, exciting to finally get this far!

kuppy

This will probably be CrossBuy on PlayStation, right?
Meaning that although I'm actually mostly only interested in the Vita release I can choose to go with the PS4 code as I'll get that one first and can then download the Vita version once available.

No surprise. Game Maker's company seems pretty meh on supporting Nintendo, so anything on Game Maker will need to be ported heavily to get to work on Wii U. It isn't impossible (see: Freedom Planet, Knytt Underground), but it won't be sudden or cheaply.

LaneDS

Release date estimates from the KS survey:

Note: release dates are estimated as Spring 2016 for PC/Mac/Linux, Summer for PS4/Xbox One, and TBA for Vita. ***Wii U unknown, details here

Is this probably gonna launch same day on PC and PS4? If so, I think there's a good chance it could be a part of Sony's Spring Fever sale.

16613236186_037e905259_z.jpg

Assuming they're doing that again, it should be starting soon.

Is this probably gonna launch same day on PC and PS4? If so, I think there's a good chance it could be a part of Sony's Spring Fever sale.

16613236186_037e905259_z.jpg

Assuming they're doing that again, it should be starting soon.

They're already doing it. It's called Launch Party 2016 and Hyper Light Drifter isn't a part of it.

Edit - Oops, just realized the post I replied to is close to a month old lol

Top Bottom