• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

Cheerilee

My Amazon login expired, so I had to reenter it. My credit card info expired, so I had to reenter it. And I'm Canadian.

I got through successfully.

Fortunately, I had the package shipped to a parcel service south of the border, because my cheapness overrode my laziness.

At least there doesn't seem to be anything in the LE that will regret me not buying it (unlike Ni No Kuni). I don't even have a Vita but if the JRPGs are going to be on it from now on (instead of the PS3), I might have to purchase one.

Discussing this on AnimeGAF, the 3 of us that got our orders in used the backdoor and didn't wait for the instock on the front page. When it got delayed going up exactly at midnight, we noticed there was a 1 new available from a buyer. . . And went that route instead. Add to cart and done!

Ah the classic method used in Amazon Black Fridays.

chrono01

In stock on August 29, 2014.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

Still won't ship to Canada.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Some have said that it popped back up for sale, but then went away. Well, perhaps they are at least going through people who ordered multiples?

Hedgey

b8kPh.png

Got this for a quick second, but led to nothing.

Mzo

I refreshed a couple of minutes past midnight PST and saw the "available from these sellers" link. Clicked it, ordered one off Iffy's store, looks like everything went through ok.

Didn't get a confirmation yet, though.

We're sorry about this international shipping situation. We are aware that this is a big issue, so we will discuss this with Amazon tomorrow when their live customer support line opens.

Let's see what happens.

Thoraxes

I refreshed a couple of minutes past midnight PST and saw the "available from these sellers" link. Clicked it, ordered one off Iffy's store, looks like everything went through ok.

Didn't get a confirmation yet, though.

I have a confirmation/order number, but didn't get an e-mail.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I have a confirmation/order number, but didn't get an e-mail.

Yeah no one has yet. I thought Amazon issued them out automatically, but who knows.

I wonder what they could possibly due for the international people, though? Free copies of the game? Make Japan print more keychains?

Hedgey

Sounds like the only reason it was limited to 1000 units was the strap. Maybe we'll get a Limited Edition without one? we'll see.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Cancel the people with multiple orders... How have they not even acknowledged it yet?

It may already have. A few posts up is a screen of it becoming available again, but nothing's been confirmed that someone has successfully checked out through the second it's been up.

Cheerilee

I wonder what they could possibly due for the international people, though? Free copies of the game? Make Japan print more keychains?

Starting tomorrow at 4:00AM, the first 1000 international customers get a free copy of the regular edition. Limit one per person will be suggested, but not enforced. :p

Cancel the people with multiple orders... How have they not even acknowledged it yet?
It seems like they did cancel some orders and tossed a few back up for sale, but the window to get them was even smaller.

vireland

Yeah no one has yet. I thought Amazon issued them out automatically, but who knows.

It's not regular sold by Amazon, but Amazon third party marketplace, fulfilled by Amazon, so usually you don't get the email until they ship, probably tomorrow.

Ibuki

Banned
The little screen that says Available from Multiple sellers? Unless someone confirms they ordered during that window I honestly don't believe it... :(

Tyalmath

Neo Member
Amazon has never supported international shipping via Prime, so marketplace sellers who choose to fulfill their orders via that service instead of handling it themselves (or using AmazonGlobal) would never even have the option to begin with. Quite a large oversight on IFI's part.

chrono01

Honestly Idea Factory, if this is the way you're going to handle a Limited Edition, maybe...don't do one?

- Gather together whatever "spare" bonus items from the Japan Limited Edition that you can and choose not to print/make more.

-State how "limited" it will be and give a date/time, on release day no-less.

- List it on the Amazon Marketplace, with no quantity restrictions and seemingly not allowing International sales [despite stating otherwise].

It just screams incompetence.

While I do congratulate those in here that managed an order for themselves [unless you ordered multiple, in which case, I gaze angrily in your direction!], I can't help but feel disappointed in the way they went about this whole thing. :/

Rocky

Banned
Honestly Idea Factory, if this is the way you're going to handle a Limited Edition, maybe...don't do one?

- Gather together whatever "spare" bonus items from the Japan Limited Edition that you can and choose not to print/make more.

-State how "limited" it will be and give a date/time, on release day no-less.

- List it on the Amazon Marketplace, with no quantity restrictions and seemingly not allowing International sales [despite stating otherwise].

It just screams incompetence.

While I do congratulate those in here that managed an order for themselves [unless you ordered multiple, in which case, I gaze angrily in your direction!], I can't help but feel disappointed in the way they went about this whole thing. :/

Did they ever state why they couldn't do preorders? I can't think of any good reason why they couldn't.

vireland

Did they ever state why they couldn't do preorders? I can't think of any good reason why they couldn't.

It was just the way it was set up. Amazon wasn't the vendor (if they were, then preorders would work), they were selling this as a third party marketplace vendor (and not as the publisher, which they were) and using Amazon to fulfill the product. As a result, it couldn't show up in the store until the day it was released, per amazon third party seller policy.

If they had used amazon payments on their own website with an amazon button, it would have completely avoided these issues. But since they're new, I can understand why they maybe didn't know that (or maybe they didn't want to fulfill the product themselves, which they'd have to in that scenario).

Andy the cook

Neo Member
Not sure.

It supposedly became available again a while ago, but I haven't seen any confirmation of someone actually ordering a copy during that time.
I saw it go up for pre-order again like 20 minutes after it first went up for sale. when I clicked the one click buy option, it said it was not able to ship to my address (Which is in Minnesota) :(

Not sure.

It supposedly became available again a while ago, but I haven't seen any confirmation of someone actually ordering a copy during that time.

Nope, not that I could see anyway. :(

Probably one of these scenarios:
- Customer cancelled their extra copies
- Someone messed up their order (had to change info) and accidentally cancelled as a mistake

We'll see what happens at 6AM PST when Amazon Live Chat opens and IF can sort stuff out or whatever time in the morning when IF contacts support.

chrono01

I saw it go up for pre-order again like 20 minutes after it first went up for sale. when I clicked the one click buy option, it said it was not able to ship to my address (Which is in Minnesota) :(
Seems to have been a common problem. :(

Probably one of these scenarios:
- Customer cancelled their extra copies
- Someone messed up their order (had to change info) and accidentally cancelled as a mistake

We'll see what happens at 6AM PST when Amazon Live Chat opens and IF can sort stuff out or whatever time in the morning when IF contacts support.
Yeah, all we can do is wait and hope for the best, I guess.

Volcynika

Sorry to those that weren't able to get an order in for whatever reason :(

I had no idea my order even went through, never even saw a confirmation email, but apparently I've been charged for it at least.

SerTapTap

They really need to stick with NISA for the physical goodies and distribution of limited content, or get way better at this really fast. Managed to get mine, but I ordered 3 minutes after it was supposed to go live.

Whoa that LE thing sounds like a mess, I'm sorry for all that couldn't get one :(

Also could someone hep me out about Amazon? I want to have a physical standard edition and Amazon.de actually has US imports in stock, could I pay this whole thing with a gift card? I still have a 50€ one left though it isn't sold or fulfilled by Amazon, would that still work?

EDIT: Yeah it works! :D This is the first time in quite a while I imported something via Amazon so lets see how this goes :p The shipment is said to arrive between the 4th and 27th September, I sure hope it's more near the former.

I'm a bit sad that I won't be able to get the DLC this way although I really want to wait till Christmas before I jump on a new memory card and that way I don't have to juggle games. Oh and has anyone ordered from Video Games Plus before? They have a 98% rating so I thought they are okay.

Volcynika

Holy shit at the hate on their facebook page. This is why people say gamers are disgusting.

Yeah, that and their @ replies on Twitter are crazy. Some people I am super glad to not get the LE (when they say things like they just pirated all the previous Neptunia games, or hope it bombs, someone even made a FB page to boycott IF games since they didn't get a LE). There is very reasonable cause for disappointment and all that (due to the lack of international shipping when said otherwise, low amount of units, etc.), but some people just take it too far and lose all rationale.

Top Bottom