• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

SerTapTap

Holy shit at the hate on their facebook page. This is why people say gamers are disgusting.

They didn't handle this well but people are dicks =/. It would have been hard to get a copy anyway, just would have been less confusing if NISA did it.

Ryuukan

good review bro

jO53phU.png

tmtyf

i woke up and spammed f5 and got one luckily. Hopefully future ones will be handled a bit better but seeing as its the first time they are handling it there were for sure to be some hiccups.

For a 1000 piece limited edition though i do prefer the concept of saying hey it will be up at this time, come and get it instead of ninja adding it to their store and hope you find out about it in time.

Saroyan

Well I'm still bummed about not getting the LE but at least I will have my standard edition copy today. Looking forward to playing it

I'd say about 6-10 days on average to Germany. Had to wait 2,5 weeks once but I guess thing like these happen when ordering from another continent.

Hmm yeah of course but that really doesn't sound too bad, especially for 5€ shipping only. Out of curiosity, will I have tracking for it?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Game has fantastic loading times if its exactly the same as the JP one which is a huge plus for how much fighting you will be doing.

Parakeetman

And the framerate isn't total shit, like the first one on PS3.

More like the game isnt shit like the first one, since its been fully updated to the more modern versions of the series.

I seriously could care less about framerates, as IF / CH stuff is generally a mess anyways in that category.

Zhao_Yun

Hmm yeah of course but that really doesn't sound too bad, especially for 5€ shipping only. Out of curiosity, will I have tracking for it?

No tracking for the standard shipping rate unfortunately. You can choose a shipping option with tracking included though which raises the shipping rate by ~3,45€.

Parakeetman

Good to hear about the loading times, pre-battle load times were awful in Mk2, Victory felt so much better.

That was the first thing I noticed and was highly impressed by. If you are a leveling fiend, then seriously you will really appreciate the fact they did right with the games functionality.

No tracking for the standard shipping rate unfortunately. You can choose a shipping option with tracking included though which raises the shipping rate by ~3,45€.

Oh now that's interesting :eek: I only could select "Standartversand" for 4.99€ or whatever and nothing else but hmm I will see then. Thanks for helping me out! :)

suikodan

I'm waiting for this game to show up in my mailbox but while waiting, I read that this game is "configurable" functionality-wise.

I'm playing Bravely Default at the moment and I love the fact that you can tweak lots of things. Is this game as configurable as Bravely Default?

I wanted to play the series back on PS3 but the first HypNep was "so-so" so having a rebirth on Vita really excite me.

Have you ordered via their homepage directly or via Amazon marketplace? I always use the former and it could be that they have limited shipping options when ordering via the marketplace.
Here is the link to their shop btw https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php

Ohh that explains it, I went through Amazon so I could use my gift card I still had :eek: Yeah mystery solved that must be the reason! And thanks for the link that might come in handy in the future.

SerTapTap

I'm waiting for this game to show up in my mailbox but while waiting, I read that this game is "configurable" functionality-wise.

I'm playing Bravely Default at the moment and I love the fact that you can tweak lots of things. Is this game as configurable as Bravely Default?

I wanted to play the series back on PS3 but the first HypNep was "so-so" so having a rebirth on Vita really excite me.

Feel free to pick up Neptuna Victory at any time, if they ever port Victory to Vita it'll be a very long time, and Victory basically fixed all problems with the first two games. It's also an alternate-universe story so there's no reason to wait to play the other games first.

Zhao_Yun

Ohh that explains it, I went through Amazon so I could use my gift card I still had :eek: Yeah mystery solved that must be the reason! And thanks for the link that might come in handy in the future.

Your welcome.
Makes sense to order through Amazon if you have a gift card but I'd advise you to use their main shop in the future since they offer most Vita games for 40 Canadian $ there which is only around 28€. I think prices are higher when ordering through Amazon.

Your welcome.
Makes sense to order through Amazon if you have a gift card but I'd advise you to use their main shop in the future since they offer most Vita games for 40 Canadian $ there which is only around 28€. I think prices are higher when ordering through Amazon.

Whoa even adding shipping that's cheaper than buying games here o.o Thanks for the tip, will do that for the next no-DLC game :D

be jealous

Never! D:
Congratz :)

Parakeetman

Thanks, seems worthwhile.

I'll check it out.

Do i need to play PP first?

Not at all. This is the game that starts the series off as its a "remake" of the very first neptunia title.

If you are into mindlessly leveling your characters you can do that also by making the dungeons higher level than the standard ones. Makes fights a lot more interesting and real good for gaining exp.

SerTapTap

what did I buy

That's a running joke, pretty much just between those two. Blanc is great, she's a psychopath.

trophy for hitting New Game, feel so pro

I think devs do this to track stats, I know several indie devs on steam who do this to see how far people get.

Not at all. This is the game that starts the series off as its a "remake" of the very first neptunia title.

If you are into mindlessly leveling your characters you can do that also by making the dungeons higher level than the standard ones. Makes fights a lot more interesting and real good for gaining exp.

Oooo this sounds interesting, a problem in Mk2 was at a certain point nothing in the game but the DLC levels and arena had any form of challenge after NG+. Hopefully you can set it so it's still hard even at 99

pooptest

Someone selling theirs for $700.................... Like anyone is really going to buy that. People are so stupid.

Edit: He upped it to $900 now.

Uthred

What do companies have against actually properly detailing what a DLC includes?

"The main character's maximum level can be increased by 300."

So does this mean that the max level is increased or is it a level boost?

SerTapTap

looks like allllll the DLC is up right now, gg IFI

awshit anything good? I'll probably get Marvelous. Wish we still had Cave.

...what's this about multiple DLC packs adding 300 levels?!

What do companies have against actually properly detailing what a DLC includes?

"The main character's maximum level can be increased by 300."

So does this mean that the max level is increased or is it a level boost?

I'm certain it's a level cap increase, there was one for victory but only up to 200 total I think--which is weird because the game easily caps out at/below 99

Ryuukan

awshit anything good? I'll probably get Marvelous. Wish we still had Cave.

...what's this about multiple DLC packs adding 300 levels?!

I'm certain it's a level cap increase, there was one for victory but only up to 200 total I think--which is weird because the game easily caps out at/below 99

Marvelous is free in the game.

DLC is:

2 free item packs

Peashy, Plutia, Histoire

3 "content" packs

everything is 99 cents holla

SerTapTap

Marvelous is free in the game.

DLC is:

2 free item packs

Peashy, Plutia, Histoire

3 "content" packs

everything is 99 cents holla

oh, okay, buying all the characters I guess. glad they didn't go overboard this time, there were like 40+ items for Mk2 and Victory. Glad the prices are better, IIRC Cave and Falcom costed closer to $5 each in mk2

Top Bottom