• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

Animekatt

Still a lil bummed I missed out on the CE, but I moved on. Ordered the standard from Best Buy for $31.99, and is already shipped. Can't wait to dive into this, as I always thought the first Nep Nep game had the funniest story/dialog. :D

chrono01

Wow, I thought so, but here's some solid evidence. How absolutely shitty and disgusting. Congrats to you folks who got one. Just feel so shitty about this.
It's disappointing, but what can you do? :(

BTW, the seller just added this to his listing:

Factory Sealed i only bought one copy i have the JP limited edition as well dont need my american one 300 is international buyers 200 for american buyers post a picture of it when it gets here its condition

Okay guy, whatever.

What stopped me was the restriction of shipping to Canada. Twice I would have completed the purchase, but it said it wouldn't ship to me.

That's more frustrating than seeing the message that they were "out-of-stock", since the possibility for me to obtain was there. :(

Oh for fucks sake.

This entire launch of the LE's was a clusterfuck. It's unacceptable.

Hopefully, someone's learned a lesson here.

meanwhile I'm still waiting for my amazon pre-order... I'm know I'm being cheap for getting the free shipping but wth it takes them 2 weeks to ship a pre-ordered game =(

chrono01

Oh for fucks sake.

This entire launch of the LE's was a clusterfuck. It's unacceptable.

Hopefully, someone's a lesson here.
Indeed it was.

I am happy/relieved to see/hear that some GAF members were successful, though. Despite wanting a copy for myself, it is somewhat comforting to see.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I really hope they've either learned to handle this better or they learn to let NISA continue handling their LEs and do the SEs themselves. Sorry you guys wouldn't get 'em. I thought it was stupid to have to camp out the preorder, but if people are reselling a ton, that's awful.

meanwhile I'm still waiting for my amazon pre-order... I'm know I'm being cheap for getting the free shipping but wth it takes them 2 weeks to ship a pre-ordered game =(

Prime pays for itself if you ship a lot...I use my parent's prime, but would pay for it myself if I couldn't (I ship my stuff to them anyway...they're retired, way easier for them to sign for UPS than me).

zulux21

Still a lil bummed I missed out on the CE, but I moved on. Ordered the standard from Best Buy for $31.99, and is already shipped. Can't wait to dive into this, as I always thought the first Nep Nep game had the funniest story/dialog. :D

at the very least it has a way more enjoyable story/way more amusing then the second game (I haven't bothered with games past the second one yet)

either way I am glad I didn't feel like spending money on the CE in general, I have a cold right now anyways so staying up for it wouldn't have been a good thing ><:

Mononoke

Banned
Really enjoying this. I love how silly/upbeat the tone is. It's actually nice to just jump into a game that isn't so dark/depressing. I'm still trying to get my head around the combat system. I'm getting by, just trying to figure out the best way to use it effectively (combos, and which order to push buttons in).

kimtish

Neo Member
I don't quite understand the battle system.

Help section doesn't really describe what my moves do.

I'm just kind of mashing the square button.
What's the depth here? What am I missing?

shawnmelo

Neo Member
This has to be a joke.. I was planning on buying one to flip (sorry Gaf), but I ended up cancelling it cuz I felt bad. I wouldn't feel that bad if I sold it for this price tho.

lol, i would never pay these prices, but, hey, to each his own. i was lucky enough to get one last night at regular price.

Welp, amazon shipped my copy but estimate arrival isn't until next Wednesday... Looks like I'll have to put this on hold since I'll probably get danganronpa 2 around the same time.

CTRL+F impressions ENTER :|

Yeah anyone playing it?

Have been playing it for about 3 weeks now for review and it is really awesome. The combat system is great (from Victory), the diaologues are funny and the renake system makes it very interesting to keep playing. There is a steep curve in the beginning where you will need to grind a bit and the chapters have multiple subnames and sections, which makes you feel you are not progressing that much. The rotating of the continents is gone by the way, a very good move. You can dress up Neptune in various ways with new color schemes as well, more fun than expected. Can highly recommend this to anyone who likes RPG's with silly stories and characters.

Mononoke

Banned
Have been playing it for about 3 weeks now for review and it is really awesome. The combat system is great (from Victory), the diaologues are funny and the renake system makes it very interesting to keep playing. There is a steep curve in the beginning where you will need to grind a bit and the chapters have multiple subnames and sections, which makes you feel you are not progressing that much. The rotating of the continents is gone by the way, a very good move. You can dress up Neptune in various ways with new color schemes as well, more fun than expected. Can highly recommend this to anyone who likes RPG's with silly stories and characters.

Yeah no kidding. Was having no issue then got to the 2nd chapter and started getting wrecked. Hit level 10 and beat the boss but then lost to the fight after the boss. Granted I could have probably beat it with strategy. But I'm surprised by how quickly I need to start grinding.

Yeah no kidding. Was having no issue then got to the 2nd chapter and started getting wrecked. Hit level 10 and beat the boss but then lost to the fight after the boss. Granted I could have probably beat it with strategy. But I'm surprised by how quickly I need to start grinding.

Same here, but also noticed I overdid the grinding even with only doing it for half an hour on several occasions. Usually you just need one or two levels and you're good to go. Changing out your combo's to better fit the enemy up ahead also helps, but this feature seemed a bit hidden to me.

A while back I also posted some homemade screenshots to Facebook by the way. Do contain a lot of spoilers of the beginning, so beware.

Mononoke

Banned
Same here, but also noticed I overdid the grinding even with only doing it for half an hour on several occasions. Usually you just need one or two levels and you're good to go. Changing out your combo's to better fit the enemy up ahead also helps, but this feature seemed a bit hidden to me.

A while back I also posted some homemade screenshots to Facebook by the way. Do contain a lot of spoilers of the beginning, so beware.

I'll make sure to not over do the grinding then. It's just the sheer level of damage these enemies suddenly had. Was getting hit with 800 + Obviously it's key to attack first and hopefully kill them before they get a chance to attack you. I also find that with non boss enemies, breaking their guard first makes it much easier to wipe them out. I can usually break guard with the first person and then kill with the second person.

Anyways, I'm going to pick this up again tomorrow. But I definitely need to grind a little before I can move on. I'm actually enjoying this a lot. Just didn't expect the steep curve so early on in the game.

I'll make sure to not over do the grinding then. It's just the sheer level of damage these enemies suddenly had. Was getting hit with 800 + Obviously it's key to attack first and hopefully kill them before they get a chance to attack you. I also find that with non boss enemies, breaking their guard first makes it much easier to wipe them out. I can usually break guard with the first person and then kill with the second person.

Anyways, I'm going to pick this up again tomorrow. But I definitely need to grind a little before I can move on. I'm actually enjoying this a lot. Just didn't expect the steep curve so early on in the game.

You can get an item to wear which bumps up your hp to about 5000. This item is available from the beginning I think, which helps a lot. It costs like 15k I think, but it is so worth it to equip all three of your party member with it. 800 damage becomes peanuts that way and you won't have to worry about healing all the time. There will soon be enemies that dole out 2500 damage :).

Rocky

Banned
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperdimens...790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ea66fa1e

it seems, people dont care and are just gonna pay. so, you cant really blame the seller here.

That's ridiculous. There's no reason to pay that much for the LE, when you can get the Japanese LE for under $100 if you really want all the items.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Birth1-Limietd-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00DMZDRUA/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1409131644&sr=1-4&keywords=hyperdimension+neptunia+rebirth

I really hope no one pays these prices and these filthy scalpers get screwed.

And for what its worth, I had the same thing happen to me as chrono, but I have a US shipping address. I got the same message after selecting my address during checkout, so it wasn't an international shipping issue. Domestic had the same problem. I think the problem was actually due to people being able to buy more than one copy when IFI specifically stated it would only be one per customer. They really fucked up.

You can get an item to wear which bumps up your hp to about 5000. This item is available from the beginning I think, which helps a lot. It costs like 15k I think, but it is so worth it to equip all three of your party member with it. 800 damage becomes peanuts that way and you won't have to worry about healing all the time. There will soon be enemies that dole out 2500 damage :).

Good to know. I assume the guild is the main source of cash? At least right now, at the beginning of chapter 2, enemy money rewards are near worthless.

SerTapTap

So when do you unlock the DLC characters? My least favorite part of Mk2 was making you wait about 5 or 6 chapters before getting your whole party (and they didn't persist through New Game Plus...)

Ryuukan

So when do you unlock the DLC characters? My least favorite part of Mk2 was making you wait about 5 or 6 chapters before getting your whole party (and they didn't persist through New Game Plus...)

the dlc descriptions say chapter 2 except for histoire is chapter 7

pooptest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperdimens...790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ea66fa1e

it seems, people dont care and are just gonna pay. so, you cant really blame the seller here.

I'm guessing this is like that Flappy Bird eBay thing? Where people up the bids to $50k or something and then just retract them before the <24 hour mark. I'm only guessing, because $510 for this... Wow.

For $9,000, you'd think they'd at least throw in free shipping...

pooptest

So the LE just became available on Amazon again, I immediately tried to order...and they STILL wouldn't ship it to Canada. That's twice now that I would have had the LE had it worked as it should have. Of course it sold out within a minute.

I'm seriously upset.

I wonder if it was glitching again. It was glitching all morning yesterday showing it was in stock, but when you added it to cart it said it was unavailable. It did it for an hour or two. The girlfriend was trying to get one, too, but nope :(.

Mononoke

Banned

Whoa, how the hell did I miss this item? I'll have to re-check the store then. Is it an accessory? Not a clothes item?

Oh that's not too bad, other than Histoire. I can wait I guess. I assume it's big histoire not chibi histoire?

I got them like 45 min into the game. I randomly got an update on "Information" on the first city, I clicked them and then they were added to my party. It's kind of low key how they are added.

Mononoke

Banned
Can someone explain the partner system to me? I'm kind of confused. Like I go into the "Party" menu, and I see there is a FRONT AND BACK, and you can put two people together (and in the middle is a heart, that focuses on your relationship with them I guess?)

I. How do you raise that level with them.

II. What does this do exactly? Is this just like, an automatic support attack once you qualify for it? You can only have 3 people in a battle at once right?

SerTapTap

Whoa, how the hell did I miss this item? I'll have to re-check the store then. Is it an accessory? Not a clothes item?

I got them like 45 min into the game. I randomly got an update on "Information" on the first city, I clicked them and then they were added to my party. It's kind of low key how they are added.

Oh, is it young Peashy still? Can she and Plutia go into their CPU forms or are they effectively human characters?

Can someone explain the partner system to me? I'm kind of confused. Like I go into the "Party" menu, and I see there is a FRONT AND BACK, and you can put two people together (and in the middle is a heart, that focuses on your relationship with them I guess?)

I. How do you raise that level with them.

II. What does this do exactly? Is this just like, an automatic support attack once you qualify for it? You can only have 3 people in a battle at once right?

1: fighting with them as a partner is the primary way.In Mk2 there were events to raise their friendship with Nepgear but I don't know if 1 has that.

2: if it's like the other games, leveling up partnership unlocks more passive support skills they have (these should be listed on the partner screen), also you can swap with the "partner" character in battle if it's like Victory, and some skills require partners to work.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh, is it young Peashy still? Can she and Plutia go into their CPU forms or are they effectively human characters?

1: fighting with them as a partner is the primary way.In Mk2 there were events to raise their friendship with Nepgear but I don't know if 1 has that.

2: if it's like the other games, leveling up partnership unlocks more passive support skills they have (these should be listed on the partner screen), also you can swap with the "partner" character in battle if it's like Victory, and some skills require partners to work.

Ah okay, so you can swap with them. That's where the confusion was. The swap button is pretty obvious, don't know why I missed it (to be fair, I'm only an hour in, kind of fumbling around).

I can't answer your DLC question entirely, sadly. I'm not 100% familiar with this universe, this is my second game (first game was PP lol)....so I only know a couple characters. However, it looks to me like Peashy is young. She is short and looks like a little girl. So I assume she's young. The two characters I got were in human form.

Let me go and check if I can go into CPU mode with them.

Update: Yeah, you can enter into CPU mode with them. Just did.

Thank you for your impression. :)

SerTapTap

Ah okay, so you can swap with them. That's where the confusion was. The swap button is pretty obvious, don't know why I missed it (to be fair, I'm only an hour in, kind of fumbling around).

I can't answer your DLC question entirely, sadly. I'm not 100% familiar with this universe, this is my second game (first game was PP lol)....so I only know a couple characters. However, it looks to me like Peashy is young. She is short and looks like a little girl. So I assume she's young. The two characters I got were in human form.

Let me go and check if I can go into CPU mode with them.

Update: Yeah, you can enter into CPU mode with them. Just did.

I actually barely swapped, but there's apparently some super powerful moves you can only do with partners, and if one is in CPU form, BOTH need to be in CPU form to use partner skills, so that's really where swapping comes in (it's not so much like FFX where you constantly need to swap to change attack types, everyone is almost, if not quite, equally viable against most types of enemies).

Good to know about the CPU mode. Not a fan of fighting with normal peashy.

kiryogi

Banned
It's here!

ibtGXBEpAaBueA.jpg

What to do what to do.

Top Bottom