• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

Oldsql

Bought the characters and free DLC. I don't suppose Peashy is, er, adult form only in this one?

DLC is, game is not, for some reason. Should be up today though.

I see, thank you very much. I downloaded the available DLC...waiting for the actual game to be released now

StayDead

When you guys get to the end of the game you'll have to tell me what levels you are and if you have trouble with the final boss. I've grinded for days and I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I still can't beat it, it's been that way for a long time since it came out in Japan. v_v

Amazon says Shipping Now for me, hopefully I'll have it by the weekend. Probably won't be able to play it until Saturday evening if it is though due to work :\

chrono01

So after last night's Limited Edition situation, I've settled down somewhat.

I'm still disappointed in Idea Factory, mostly for getting my hopes up saying that there would be shipping to Canada and there wasn't [I would have had a copy otherwise], but that's in the past now. There's not much I can do and, despite myself owning all Limited Editions of previous Hyperdimension Neptunia titles [including PP], I guess this will be my first "standard" version. So yeah, slightly depressing, but what can you do?

I won't be purchasing Re;Birth right away though, considering I don't yet even own a Vita and the next few months will be brutal on my wallet as is.

Congrats again to those who managed to secure a Limited Edition copy.

TRI Mike

I wanna get a regular copy but now I think I should wait on it. I won't be playing it anytime soon anyway... too much backlog.

Avallon

Holy fuck... the game is huge. The DLC is nothing to scoff at either.

Game: 3073 MB
DLC: 111MB, 87MB, 24MB, 24MB, 24MB, 40MB

SerTapTap

Just picked the game up! My first Neptunia game, how important is the DLC?

Haven't played THIS one, but compared to prior games:

The free ones are just a few extra items, may as well download, nothing important though

DLC characters are more characters. They're usually not entirely gamebreaking but not terrible either. Easy to pass on

The level packs are just for XTREEEMEEEE HARDXORE people who want to grind to insane levels not otherwise necessary to play the game.

But they're $1 each. If a character sounds good maybe get 'em, certainly don't feel obligated.

Haven't played THIS one, but compared to prior games:

The free ones are just a few extra items, may as well download, nothing important though

DLC characters are more characters. They're usually not entirely gamebreaking but not terrible either. Easy to pass on

The level packs are just for XTREEEMEEEE HARDXORE people who want to grind to insane levels not otherwise necessary to play the game.

But they're $1 each. If a character sounds good maybe get 'em, certainly don't feel obligated.

Actually, the DLC characters in the first PS3 game and the second one were pretty gamebreaking, lol

The first one not so much cause Neptune breaks that game anyway but in the second game, Cave pretty much decimated enemies

No idea how the DLC characters are for this game but being a dollar each, it isn't that costly for them

SerTapTap

Actually, the DLC characters in the first PS3 game and the second one were pretty gamebreaking, lol

The first one not so much cause Neptune breaks that game anyway but in the second game, Cave pretty much decimated enemies

No idea how the DLC characters are for this game but being a dollar each, it isn't that costly for them

Yeah Cave was pretty good, but not super duper amazing until you bought the super expensive final weapon from her. Falcom was okay at best. And Cave's main benefit was not needing to do the CPU BS, which was extremely annoying in Mk2

Thoraxes

Looks like amazon is bundling my LE with my Layton x AA order so it won't be here till Friday.

good review bro

jO53phU.png

I have a text file I compiled of all the reviews.

The racist ones are from horrible people :/

Kaibutsu

Set my alarm for 2:50 AM, woke up, got on Amazon at 3, item went for sale at about 3:01, bought a copy and went back to bed for an hour. Things went pretty smoothly. Shipped for me already btw with the delivery set for Thursday

ascii42

Well, I have my copy
Cf7zjLLl.jpg

Sadly I can't play it because I left my Vita and all my games on an airplane. Guess it'll just sit on my shelf until I figure out what I want to do about that. I'm considering getting a Playstation TV when they come out.

SerTapTap

Well, I have my copy
Cf7zjLLl.jpg

Sadly I can't play it because I left my Vita and all my games on an airplane. Guess it'll just sit on my shelf until I figure out what I want to do about that. I'm considering getting a Playstation TV when they come out.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I've forgotten a DS Lite and a PSP 2000...never again

Can Peashy transform into Yellow Heart¿

I sure hope so, I was kinda hoping she would ONLY be yellow heart...

Kaibutsu

Well, I have my copy
Cf7zjLLl.jpg

Man that totally sucks, sorry to hear that...

Dezzy

How does this one compare to Victory? I saw a video of someone playing it, and the graphics and music seemed to be straight from it. Were there any changes or improvements over Victory?

TRI Mike

I sure hope so, I was kinda hoping she would ONLY be yellow heart...

Yeah Yellow Heart is a pretty cool character. Too bad there aren't many videos of people playing yet to confirm if Peashy can transform. I'm most likely gonna order the game very soon.

SerTapTap

Can someone explain the Rush/Power/Guard attack system pls

Rush hits them more (good to build SP or to hit highly evasive targets), power has less attacks, does more raw damage, guard attacks do more guard damage, useful for targets with lots of guard/that can't be hurt reasonable until guardbreak

Yeah Yellow Heart is a pretty cool character. Too bad there aren't many videos of people playing yet to confirm if Peashy can transform. I'm most likely gonna order the game very soon.

Since 2 of 3 of the DLC characters are CPUs I can only assume they must transform but I dunno. Won't be able to play until amazon delivers, estimate is friday. Now I get to struggle to stop myself form buying digital too.

Cilla

I loved the first game and have looked at all of the changes and other than the item use changing I'm sad.
So I'm just going to take this as a completely new game as it is rewritten and totally different.

Does it even feel like Nep 1?

ascii42

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I've forgotten a DS Lite and a PSP 2000...never again

Honestly I'm more bummed about the games. I thought I was clever putting them all in a ziplock bag and putting that in the case. Now I have 19 empty cases on my shelf :(

Oh well, live and learn. This should probably steer me towards digital, since I'll be able to get those back, but I still like buying physical when I can.

chrono01

So the LE just became available on Amazon again, I immediately tried to order...and they STILL wouldn't ship it to Canada. That's twice now that I would have had the LE had it worked as it should have. Of course it sold out within a minute.

I'm seriously upset.

chrono01

Well I saw around six or so [possibly more] appear on the Amazon marketplace for over $300 that quickly sold, all from the same seller.

It's nice to see that people are making a profit off of this.

[It really isn't.]

SerTapTap

Well I saw around six or so [possibly more] appear on the Amazon marketplace for over $300 that quickly sold, all from the same seller.

[It really isn't.]

That seems very hard to believe. At most these sort of things seem to sell at around double price, AFTER they're...actually available. Maybe they're just fake listings being taken down

chrono01

That seems very hard to believe. At most these sort of things seem to sell at around double price, AFTER they're...actually available. Maybe they're just fake listings being taken down
Maybe, it's possible. I haven't seen any more posted recently though, so if they were fake he/she must have stopped listing them.

Or they could have been legit, there's really no way to know for sure. :(

Edit - Oh never mind, there's one.

kiryogi

Banned

[It really isn't.]

So ifi didn't manage to limit it to 1 per person

chrono01

So ifi didn't manage to limit it to 1 per person
Nope, they definitely didn't limit it to one per person. There have already been reports of some purchasing more than 1, and even a few GAF members here managed to add more than the quantity to their cart. That's, more than likely, how they sold out so quickly.

It's really shitty that you guys who wanted an LE couldn't get one due to people ordering multiple copies. It's no wonder they were gone within that 30 second window.

A friend of mine wanted one too, and couldn't get it for this very reason.

I'm sorry, guys. :(

Varshes

Nope, they definitely didn't limit it to one per person. There have already been reports of some purchasing more than 1, and even a few GAF members here managed to add more than the quantity to their cart. That's, more than likely, how they sold out so quickly.

Wow, I thought so, but here's some solid evidence. How absolutely shitty and disgusting. Congrats to you folks who got one. Just feel so shitty about this.

chrono01

It's really shitty that you guys who wanted an LE couldn't get one due to people ordering multiple copies. It's no wonder they were gone within that 30 second window.

A friend of mine wanted one too, and couldn't get it for this very reason.

I'm sorry, guys. :(
What stopped me was the restriction of shipping to Canada. Twice I would have completed the purchase, but it said it wouldn't ship to me.

That's more frustrating than seeing the message that they were "out-of-stock", since the possibility for me to obtain was there. :(

Top Bottom