• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

Davey Cakes

Not a fan for the most part, but I'm enjoying my new WiiU, so what the hell
I personally am at hype ZERO.

I pretty much couldn't care less about this game. The Zelda label changes nothing.

It's just not what I look for in my games though. In terms of Zelda I have too much to get to as it is. Otherwise I think people who enjoy these Musou games and Zelda games will be in for a treat, at least.

AdanVC

Looking forward to E3 to see it in action! But right now, those screenshots are looking daaaaamn good! Clearly a big graphical upgrade since it's reveal. I'm sure those are not bullshots considering Eiji Aonuma is supervising the game. He is a good guy, he would not allow bullshots of it's franchise made by third party publishers... right?

Hype!

Edit: Also, Link looks SO. DAMN. GOOD! Hope it looks like this on Zelda U.

-Horizon-

Shipping is already happening, shame on you lol
Can't wait for the fanart to surface. I give it a day.
I give it an hour.
that-booty-had-me-like-gif.gif

The premium package should come with one.

Would throw money for this.

Boobs shall save the Wii U. Somebody put it on the board.

Boobs saved the Vita, it'll save the Wii U too!

RiggyRob

The only image that looks like a bullshot to me is the first one with Link attacking the enemies, the rest look like they're CG renders for cutscenes.

EulaCapra

Impa redesigned and uses a big sword! Confirmed for Smash! There's still time...

And unlike Shia's assets, lucky that Impa's breast are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains.

The more I stare at the new Link... the more I like it, and yet the less like Link he feels. Probably because he doesn't look like a gangly teenager for a change. He actually looks like someone who could take charge and lead an army.

I think I like this, I wouldn't mind if the next Zelda game had a slightly more mature link (early to mid 20's).

The only image that looks like a bullshot to me is the first one with Link attacking the enemies, the rest look like they're CG renders for cutscenes.

That's a lot of fog for a bullshot.

Effect

They're not going to censor her. They just won't put her on the box art.

Dont' forget the following Nintendo characters weren't censored.

Zero Suit Samus
Female characters in Xenoblade and the different armors you can use on them or not use on them if you desired.

And of course Syrenne - The Last Story. This is her official art work. Same rules as Xenoblade applied I believe when it came to armor and how she looked.

This looks so lame. My thirst for real Zelda continues.

Taking any Zelda I can get for now. I had no interest in this before seeing the artwork and information. Though, I think this will be completely overshadowed at E3 when Zelda U is shown.

Triforce-shaped clock? can they include that blue scarf too, please.

kizmah

Link looks like a girl. Villian looks like boobs. Thread derailed. Hype decreasing. Wait for the real Zelda U made even more painful.

I'm looking forward to it. Ever since the horseback riding fighting awesome trailer that was shown for Twilight Princess, I've wanted to experience large-scale fighting in the Zelda universe. Twilight Princess had some horseback combat, but not anything large scale like the trailer implied.

JoeM86

Link looks like a girl. Villian looks like boobs. Thread derailed. Hype decreasing. Wait for the real Zelda U made even more painful.

That's a bit shallow, isn't it? Link's design hasn't changed since December and you're focusing solely on one aspect of one character.

BadWolf

You had one job Team Ninja.

Glad you did it well.

And of course Syrenne - The Last Story. This is her official art work. Same rules as Xenoblade applied I believe when it came to armor and how she looked.

Syrenne was such a great character.

Effect

Nintendo while normally targeting everyone with a game do know they have certain IPs skew younger or older in age range. Zelda is one of the titles that skews older I think or at least one of the IPs they're okay with going in this direction with. As said they're not against publishing titles that have content like this. The problem is them not doing enough of that to satisfy part of the audience they have.

Top Bottom