• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

So European title will be Link's Hack'n'Slay? As in Link's Crossbow training?

Or Link: The hero of mass murder...

Nonetheless the scans look good and I guess the game will be loads of fun :)

BY2K

Membero Americo
Giant long sword doesn't make sense on Impa. She's a "ninja" she should be ultra fast or something.

MisterHero

It's great that they're expanding the Zelda "origin story", but I miss the time when Link's green clothes were directly connected with the Kokiri.

Also kinda surprised they used it on a spinoff game. That's alright though; spinoffs are sometimes better for that kind of thing.

GamerSoul

In retrospect, ’Tachi' is probably the better word.

heh, I learned something today. And even if that is her default weapon, she will probably have a variety of weapons to choose from. I'm getting a little hyped for the very fact that we could get to play as the different races and characters in LoZ, this has always been something I wish Nintendo would try with Zelda.

eXistor

Can't wait to play it personally. Here's hoping the special editions make it outside of Japan. The Warrior games can be strangely addictive and if they nail the sense of impact Skyward Sword had we're in for a treat I think. I'm actually hoping they put in motion controls similar to SS (optionally of course). It's an unpopular opinion, but I happen to think SS has the best controls of any Zelda and that's in no small part thanks to the motion controls.

massoluk

Banned
-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.

-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
-Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
-Playable at E3.
Oh God, I need this so much.

You are right on the money here. My fiance and I are Zelda fans and we are getting this, no matter what ratings or reviews it gets.

Same here. I wouldn't buy a DW game, they're stupid fun so I've rented a couple, but slap the Zelda franchise on it and well they have me by the balls (and have my fiancé by whatever the female equivalent is). We don't have a Wii U, and won't when this comes out, but when we get one this game will be in the bag with it.

Giant long sword doesn't make sense on Impa. She's a "ninja" she should be ultra fast or something.

Didn't they go the ninja route once they went "underground"? They are essentially history keepers/shadow protectors... but that doesn't necessarily mean that is how their family first started.

Litri

From Shinobi;

Translation

-August 14th
-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
-Story goes that Link, an in-training soldier, must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia, who has been turned evil somehow.
-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, weapons including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
-Bombs make an appearance and won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
-Playable at E3.
-Development is 70% complete.

Please offer corrections if you notice mistakes, especially musou ranbu (couldn't find an English translation)

Ok, this got me pumped!

Maybe they are focusing all of the ninja-like qualities for Shiek instead of Impa.

Almost said Midna instead of Impa and that made realize how cool she could be as a playable character (either form).

Son Of D

After the SMTIV fuckup i can't say anything is certain for Europe.
I'm also salty that US got the blue box for MK8 XD
Koei games tend to do better in EU than US. At least the Warriors games anyway. So it's possible that EU will get a special edition.

I guess that means this game is non canon then? Or is just stuck at the end somewhere, since we have a new villain and Hyrule means it can't be pre SS.

L~A

Well, it's a spin-off, not even made by Nintendo (not even published by them in Japan, though Aonuma is supervising), that wouldn't make sense for it to be canon.

Well, it's a spin-off, not even made by Nintendo (not even published by them in Japan, though Aonuma is supervising), that wouldn't make sense for it to be canon.
Four Swords was a spinoff not even made by Nintendo, and that's canon lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Pretty sure the mention of not being core Zelda series means it is a non-canon spinoff. But you never know if becomes a hit they can find a way to Link to it much like how they created the Dark World, Lorule, Twilight Realm and all that stuff.

L~A

Four Swords was a spinoff not even made by Nintendo, and that's canon lol

It was co-developped and published by Nintendo in all territories. They seem to be barely involved with HW, with the exception of Aonuma "supervising" and publishing the game in the West.

zroid

Banned
From Shinobi;

Translation
-August 14th
-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
-Story goes that Link, an in-training soldier, must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia, who has been turned evil somehow.
-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, weapons including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
-Bombs make an appearance and won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
-Playable at E3.
-Development is 70% complete.

Please offer corrections if you notice mistakes, especially musou ranbu (couldn't find an English translation)

163.gif

never been a Musou fan (although I'll admit to playing and enjoying some of them in small bursts over the years) but hype

Nia

Now THIS is what I wanted to hear. Anticipation rising. I hope they have a Direct, or a blowout during E3. I want to see more of the game and the other playable characters.

rjc571

Banned
Will it run at 60 fps or 30? The Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games were all 60 fps on the PS2, but Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii was only 30.

Riki

Now THIS is what I wanted to hear. Anticipation rising. I hope they have a Direct, or a blowout during E3. I want to see more of the game and the other playable characters.
Well it's playable at E3 and will probably be in the Digital Event as well.

Top Bottom