• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Cameron's TITANIC |OT| Collide With Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

I liked every scene with Mr. Andrews, and that was before I knew him as spy Daddy.

Am almost tempted to watch Titanic again. It's an epic made for the big screen.

Koodo

Banned
I look forward to the red carpet premiere and all the inevitable photographic comparisons with the 1997 premiere.

Kate Winslet will probably come out victorious. The progress of time has treated her kindly!

I wish there was some way of finding out if there is anyone going to see this without knowing that the Titanic
sinks

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wish there was some way of finding out if there is anyone going to see this without knowing that the Titanic
sinks

lol, I imagine some really young kid might not know... but you'd be hardpressed to find adult in that situation.

Toki767

I've never seen this movie in its entirely. I kept falling asleep. I have a feeling I may get dragged to see this though so I'd imagine that since I'm older I can appreciate this more.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Titanic again in the cinema. It was one of my favorite cinema experiences every. I couldn't believe my eyes when the broken ship righted itself just before it plunged into the arctic waters and people were falling down as if the Titanic was a skyscraper. Mind boggling to think that actually happened.

Southhampton is another amazing track. Horner's score absolutely makes this film, imo.

That reminds me, I met him back in 99 or so. Was soft spoken but he's actually pretty funny when he warms up. He kind of off-handedly mentioned how he was miffed that he didn't get an Oscar for his Braveheart score so he basically remade the same score for Titanic because "dammit, that was the best score of my career and the Oscars aren't gonna snub me that easily." (Obviously not a literal quote but that was the gist of it)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That reminds me, I met him back in 99 or so. Was soft spoken but he's actually pretty funny when he warms up. He kind of off-handedly mentioned how he was miffed that he didn't get an Oscar for his Braveheart score so he basically remade the same score for Titanic because "dammit, that was the best score of my career and the Oscars aren't gonna snub me that easily." (Obviously not a literal quote but that was the gist of it)

Haha, that's awesome.

I really do love the OST though... one of the greatest of all time, really.

jman2050

It's weird what happened with the Celine Dion song, where I loved it at first, but then a few years pass by and the song keeps getting played EVERYWHERE and I get completely sick of it and start hating it. Then we come to today, where each time I occasionally hear it I'm reminded that in the end, I still actually do love the song.

Weird how that works.

strafer

2PPrq.jpg

Scary and surreal.

Bit-Bit

April 4th is my birthday. I'm totally going to use that excuse to ask a hot girl out on a date to see this movie. Her reactions to the movie will decide whether or not she gets lucky that night.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully Billy Zane can find some time between working on films like Syfy's Leprechaun's Revenge to go to the premiere.
RG6YJ.jpg

Might see it if I can find a 2D screen, I never watched Titanic in theaters.

LOL that's a completely different song.

I still remember it like it was yesterday. I remember which theater it was in and who I was with. That was a fucking experience. Absolutely epic. Had the whole theatre enraptured. I would not miss this for the world.

jett

D-Member
I still remember it like it was yesterday. I remember which theater it was in and who I was with. That was a fucking experience. Absolutely epic. Had the whole theatre enraptured. I would not miss this for the world.

Well I have already watched the movie several times, so it's a bit late for that. :p

CrazyDude

Rose is still a bitch. She decides to spend eternity with a guy she spends a couple of day with on a ship and leaves the husband she married, spent the majority of her life with, and had kids with out in the cold. She also throws out her jewel in the end after those guys listened to her sappy story and flew her out to the boat.

Ashhong

Rose is still a bitch. She decides to spend eternity with a guy she spends a couple of day with on a ship and leaves the husband she married, spent the majority of her life with, and had kids with out in the cold. She also throws out her jewel in the end after those guys listened to her sappy story and flew her out to the boat.

What the hell? She didn't have kids with him. A woman can't decide to leave her fiance? Better now than later. I also don't remember them mentioning that she spent the majority of her life with him.

Ashhong

Than how the world does she have grandchildren? That girl that taking care of her at the beginning.

So this whole time you thought she went back to Cal or something? I mean, they never show her kids on the boat...

Like sculli said, she married someone else later, AFTER Titanic, and after changing her name.

Koodo

Banned
Horner's Titanic score > Zimmer's Inception score.
Spill the tea.

These Nolan fanboys are feeling a bit too brave lately.

And while we're at it (and I'm not going to reiterate Southampton since everyone mentions that one):

Death of Titanic >>>>>>>> *

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
God the movie's score is amazing. I'm gonna try and drag a few friends with me to watch this.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Two Teens Have a Fling on a Cruise: The Movie

I just can't take some teen romance as seriously as this movie does. That stuff is ridiculous in real life and movies alike. Not when it's put on such grand scope and leaves a lady pining for 80 years over some guy she fucked once and knew for a couple days.

Some of the last act with the sinking is pretty cool though, aside from me not giving a shit about either of the lead characters.

Two Teens Have a Fling on a Cruise: The Movie

I just can't take some teen romance as seriously as this movie does. That stuff is ridiculous in real life and movies alike. Not when it's put on such grand scope and leaves a lady pining for 80 years over some guy she fucked once and knew for a couple days.

Some of the last act with the sinking is pretty cool though, aside from me not giving a shit about either of the lead characters.

This Dan poster won't amount to a thing! Mark my words, he won't!

I didn't need the movie to guarantee that.

You do know Titanic is more than three hours long. Going to be an expensive night.

Ashhong

This Dan poster won't amount to a thing! Mark my words, he won't!

You do know Titanic is more than three hours long. Going to be an expensive night.

Fuck it's been so long that I have watched the movie without commercials that I forgot it's over 3 hours. That sounds like so long to sit and watch a movie in the theater...my girl is gonna get bored as hell. I already have to drag her along.

Fuck it's been so long that I have watched the movie without commercials that I forgot it's over 3 hours. That sounds like so long to sit and watch a movie in the theater...my girl is gonna get bored as hell. I already have to drag her along.

Pfft. She'll be swept up in the movie. No problems there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom