• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Pikma

Banned
A blue midcard belt and a red midcard belt

Lmao

How stupid can they be? What will they do once the brand split is killed? Rainbow belts?

klonere

Banned
Hopefully, this helps to set up the Zeus program down the line.

You're betraying the All Natty Life with that alliance, friend.

Yeah I can see ZEEEUUSSSSSUUUU~ coming out and challenging afterwards (to a massive pop no doubt)

His contract is different, he talked about it yesterday. He's free to do whatever now.

I guarantee this is a work and he's locked up with NJPW.

Kidani would have to be a monumental idiot to lose his biggest North American singles draw by a gigantic margin when he's talking about setting up a North American spinoff territory and running shows there this damn year.

I will avatar bet that Kenny will not sign with WWE this year.

Recall

The observer rewind on wreddit is really good stuff. You read about a bunch of interesting stuff. They're currently on 1995 and every day is guaranteed to have good stuff.

Not sure why Meltz would call it sleazy, given that A) it seems to help people want to buy the observer and B) it's twenty year old stuff and people on wreddit post the present weekly shit all the time which is worse.

Edit: AJ got robbed. They stole his Xbox and games!

You are aware this observer recap idea was lifted straight from Scott Keith's own blog who has covered the late 80's and very early nineties.

Once Keith started gaining traction and pulling in big page view numbers Reddit jumped on the bandwagon.

klonere

Banned
Guys the largest, most successful and most profitable combat sports organization in the world uses the same belt for every weight division for branding purposes.

Why wouldn't WWE follow industry best practice?

It's always been weird that they've had an "Intercontinental Title" it's like they wanted to one up promotions with U.S. And North American titles and didn't really think it through.

For the newbies

This is from Dan, the belt maker

I was told they were looking into a new IC belt back in November, but a different source said they are replacing both Midcard belts.

No eta, no clue on design other than it's NOT copies of the Big Logo.

Why?

They want fresh designs they own the rights to.

IC belt is copyright of Parks/Millican/Mann LLC.

WWE is no longer using Dave Millican for their belts, so they probably want to drop the design so they don't have to pay royalties.

Ithil

Guys the largest, most successful and most profitable combat sports organization in the world uses the same belt for every weight division for branding purposes.

Why wouldn't WWE follow industry best practice?

That's a idea to make all the weight divisions equal on paper, which they are most certainly not in WWE.

Recall

Lmao

How stupid can they be? What will they do once the brand split is killed? Rainbow belts?

Have the last 16 years taught you nothing?

I love how wrestling fans forget everything that happened in prior years yet they spent more time complaining about the product than praising it.

No wonder WWE never had to worry about its shit booking style as people instantly forget about what they do anyway.

Cptkrush

But Okada is good.

I honestly think it was a huge mistake to keep the belt on Okada, especially since they want to branch into the local markets this year, and I think Kenny thinks that too.

That being said, the plan may have been to give Kenny the championship later this year, but who could say what will happen now that he's in negotiations with everyone.

I'm being worked, but I love it

Kaladin

If you bought one of WWE's belts, what would you get?

I'm kind of torn between 3:

The Million Dollar Championship : Classic, and it is still recognizable to everyone.

WCW Heavyweight Championship Replica Title (aka Big Gold) : I love this belt and the WCW version is the best looking between this and the WWE version.

WWE NXT Championship: My favorite of the current belts. I love the design as it's unique and you know exactly what it is when you see it.

Toki767

The Million Dollar Championship : Classic, and it is still recognizable to everyone.

WCW Heavyweight Championship Replica Title (aka Big Gold) : I love this belt and the WCW version is the best looking between this and the WWE version.

WWE NXT Championship: My favorite of the current belts. I love the design as it's unique and you know exactly what it is when you see it.

The Winged Eagle belt or the big gold belt are the only titles anyone should want to buy.

klonere

Banned
That's a idea to make all the weight divisions equal on paper, which they are most certainly not in WWE.

I mean sure, but it also presents a unified brand identity when they are shown in the media, which is also what WWE wants.

Don't fight the #branding.

As stupid as we think they are, they think we're even more stupid.

Will they still calling titles "championship gold" or whatever when they're obviously not like, I want to say Cole, did when they replaced the Raw penny tag titles with the Smackdown matching nickles on a red strap?

WWE.com: Who do you want as a surprise entrant into the Rumble?

Rollins: Kenny Omega
The Club: Tama Tonga or Fale

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/822114352044113920

I don't know, I like Heath Slater's pick, I too want to see 150 pound, half crippled "the Broken Package" Lex Luger in the Rumble.

Pikma

Banned
Have the last 16 years taught you nothing?

I love how wrestling fans forget everything that happened in prior years yet they spent more time complaining about the product than praising it.

No wonder WWE never had to worry about its shit booking style as people instantly forget about what they do anyway.
what the fuck does this have to do with the fact I'm laughing at their decisions? I'm stupid for laughing at them? What?

And why the fuck are you so salty?

You are aware this observer recap idea was lifted straight from Scott Keith's own blog who has covered the late 80's and very early nineties.

Once Keith started gaining traction and pulling in big page view numbers Reddit jumped on the bandwagon.
Yeah, I know that. But I don't think it's the subreddit being desperate to draw in numbers given that every day posts there reach 600+ upvotes when the observer rewind averages 300 upvotes.

I hate the NXT belt. I wouldn't object to an upgrade redesign sometime soon.

Winged eagle, oh wait 😜

Hasney

Lmao

It'll be an EXPLOSION

Xh0nCxP.gif

Sephzilla

Winged Eagle
Million Dollar Championship
Big Gold Belt

What the fuck, how?
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) -
Arkansas State University police are wrestling with a theft case that targeted a WWE grappler.

While 39-year-old Allen Neil Jones of Gainesville, GA performed at the WWE Live event Monday night at the Convocation Center, 217 Olympic Dr., someone stole his cash and belongings.

Jones, who performs as AJ Styles, reported the theft of a black bag containing $1,000 in American currency and $7,000 in Japanese yen.

The culprit also stole an iPhone, a set of Beats headphones, a small screen TV, an Xbox 360, and six Xbox 360 games.

The case is still under investigation.

Region 8 News has requested more information to be released in the case, but Arkansas State University has denied our request. We will continue to seek more information.

http://www.kait8.com/story/34297768...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

klonere

Banned
Yeah, for all the rightful praise SDLive gets, they've kinda killed the special feel of a title match because the run a title match every fucking week.

Kaladin

Yeah, for all the rightful praise SDLive gets, they've kinda killed the special feel of a title match because the run a title match every fucking week.

Actually it does the opposite for me. It makes the titles feel more special when they're defended regularly and even the lower card belts get highlighted. You can use a regular cycle of title defenses and #1 contenderships on free TV to make the bigger title defenses feel bigger.

I miss when titles meant something. :(

IC and US titles should be defended every week but that's it.

I bet it's 7k Yen, not 7k dollars in yen

Most likely, because that's a lot of freaking Yen to be just be carrying around. Just over 808,000 Yen at the current exchange rate which is basically like carrying around 80 $100 bills for some reason.

klonere

Banned
Actually it does the opposite for me. It makes the titles feel more special when they're defended regularly and even the lower card belts get highlighted. You can use a regular cycle of title defenses and #1 contenderships on free TV to make the bigger title defenses feel bigger.

That's a fair point and I do like the focus on the IC belt that SDLive has but..

Top titles shouldn't be defended regularly. That's what the TV title's for.

...they definitely have put the WHC on the line too many times on TV for my liking.

Top Bottom