• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Set for March 2012 in Japan

Beth Cyra

Hope we don't get yet another Olympus Coliseum world... I hate those :/

Actually it was my favorite world in both 1 and 2, and enjoyed what I played of it in BBS.

I just hope they get don't use a shitty timer on the cups if they are in the game.

Fou-Lu

While I love BBS and KH3D is looking great, I kind of wish they'd made Chain of Memories battle system the main battle system of the KH games. One of my favorite battle systems ever.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Having seen the newest scans, they fixed all my complaints with Neku's model.

Beat's model also turned out really well.

I have a complaint or two about Josh's, but given how they changed the others, I'm confident it will look great in the final version.

Famassu

While I love BBS and KH3D is looking great, I kind of wish they'd made Chain of Memories battle system the main battle system of the KH games. One of my favorite battle systems ever.
Hell no. BBS takes some elements from CoM and evolves them further and makes it more fun than CoM by removing the more annoying aspects. It's basically the best of both worlds.

Famassu

I'm still guessing maybe June-August if they only localize it (with the date/localization announced in early 2012), late October/November if they do add content & polish it up a bit (date announced around the release of the Japanese version, or E3 2012 at latest).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tron & Tron: Legacy are two different movies, so yes, it is a completely new world.

It's "technically" a new world, but I wouldn't say it's "completely" new, however, as the milieu is pretty much the same. (I'm assuming. Nothing is certain until we actually see the level, but Tron is Tron.) I just think it's a bit misleading to say that the Disney worlds will be "all" new, when that's only partially true. You know? They could include a world based on Aladdin and the King of Thieves, and while that would technically be new, it isn't completely because Aladdin has been done before. All/completely suggests that everything will be new, not just the story.

Don't get me wrong though. I think the game looks great so far, and I'd eagerly play it even if every world was 100% recycled. I'm really really hyped to play it.

And it seems they are doing something different with the Legacy world in 3D (there's some kind of on-rails shooter segment)

Good. I hope it's different enough that it feels different. In BBS, Neverland felt totally fresh even though Peter Pan and Hook have appeared in several games already.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tron Legacy? Needs Derezzed. And CG Jeff Bridges

Needs the whole soundtrack, plus R3C0NF1GUR3D.

It's "technically" a new world, but I wouldn't say it's "completely" new, however, as the milieu is pretty much the same. (I'm assuming. Nothing is certain until we actually see the level, but Tron is Tron.) I just think it's a bit misleading to say that the Disney worlds will be "all" new, when that's only partially true. You know? They could include a world based on Aladdin and the King of Thieves, and while that would technically be new, it isn't completely because Aladdin has been done before. All/completely suggests that everything will be new, not just the story.

But the actual world in Tron Legacy is a new world. It's a completely different, upgraded mainframe compared to the original, and only two characters (Tron and Kevin Flynn) reappear in it. Everyone else and the entire world itself were completely new. So no, "Tron is Tron" is not accurate.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
But the actual world in Tron Legacy is a new world. It's a completely different, upgraded mainframe compared to the original, and only two characters (Tron and Kevin Flynn) reappear in it. Everyone else and the entire world itself were completely new.

I think we're getting a little confused about the word "world". In the sense of the game, assuming Sora is going into the Radiant Garden computer again, it's still the same computer land/world, just upgraded.

Same with the movie. It's the same world, but it's been upgraded. It really isn't COMPLETELY different. The world still looks the same, there are light cycles, disk battles, etc. It's the same world with a new coat of paint.

But I was also using "world" in the bigger sense of the word. The Tron world that encompasses everything Tron. The Pinocchio world what encompasses Monstro and Prankster's Paradise, etc. I suppose I should have used "universe" rather than world, so as not to confuse others/myself.

I'm not arguing that the Tron Legacy movie doesn't feature new things, or won't feature new things in the game. I'm just saying it's not "all new", although this is a pretty silly thing to argue about. ;p

So no, "Tron is Tron" is not accurate.

I was speaking strictly about the milieu here. Neon lines, lots of black/dark blue backgrounds, etc. Tron IS Tron.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No it actually is a new world in the movie, programmed from the ground-up. Nothing was copied over except for Tron himself.

It also looks almost completely different. It's like complaining that Aladdin and Pinochio both take place on "Earth."

Also yeah, they never said only new "universes."

The Tron world from KH2 wasn't even the real Tron world, it was a copy that Ansem made. None of the human characters from the movie were in it, only Tron, MCP and Sark appeared.

If they're doing Legacy, it would pretty much be a new world since the main antagonist was Clu. Or they'd do a Dream Eater antagonist or whatever crazy bullshit Nomura pulls out of his ass.

duckroll

The Tron world from KH2 wasn't even the real Tron world, it was a copy that Ansem made.

Then none of the worlds in KH3D are "real" either. If you want to use plot justification, all the worlds in KH3D are dream worlds as part of a test. It's ALL bullshit anyway. I don't see how the Tron world from KH2 isn't "real" just because there's some stupid plot garbage attached. :p

Then none of the worlds in KH3D are "real" either. If you want to use plot justification, all the worlds in KH3D are dream worlds as part of a test. It's ALL bullshit anyway. I don't see how the Tron world from KH2 isn't "real" just because there's some stupid plot garbage attached. :p
Well you got me there. I guess I kind of hope this will have Flynn so it can be a lot cooler Tron world than last time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No it actually is a new world in the movie, programmed from the ground-up. Nothing was copied over except for Tron himself.

Was it then? Well, you can't blame me for thinking it was the same world. As they do look exactly the sa--

It also looks almost completely different. It's like complaining that Aladdin and Pinochio both take place on "Earth."

Huh? Legacy looks more modern, for sure, but it's the exact same neon, futuristic milieu. Aladdin is Arabian Nights and Pinocchio is 1800s Italy. They're very different looking.

Also yeah, they never said only new "universes."

That's where I got a little confused. I was interpreting "all new worlds" as "all new universes". I didn't think it meant "all new Tron worlds" or "all new Aladdin worlds". I thought it meant Pocahontas, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range, etc. type of new worlds.

Then none of the worlds in KH3D are "real" either. If you want to use plot justification, all the worlds in KH3D are dream worlds as part of a test.

I forgot about that. >.<

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I have seen both, and I'm looking at images of both of them right now.

Then it's even more mindblowing you missed the fact that it was a new Grid in Legacy.

Just because both feature neon lights does not make them exactly the same.

IFgkj.jpg

5KICb.png

pdiLE.jpg

o4NgI.jpg

Bz9DZl.jpg

These are as different as any two separate movies featuring Earth within the same time period, perhaps even more.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Then it's even more mindblowing you missed the fact that it was a new Grid in Legacy.

Just because both feature neon lights does not make them exactly the same.

These are as different as any two separate movies featuring Earth within the same time period, perhaps even more.

I just don't see it. The older one had more colors, that's for sure. It really isn't a big deal though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
True.

I'm just super excited to play in Legacy's world. I wouldn't be nearly as excited if it was the original Tron.

Legacy's Grid is so fly.

weeaboo

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/18/read-kingdom-hearts-3d-trailer-impressions-from-jump-festa/

These scenes are shown in a pre-rendered movie.

A picture book opens and Destiny Island is shown like a popup book. On the island, Sora and Donald come down, Kairi and Riku look over their shoulder. Sora and Riku fight Xemnas. Roxas is shown fighting Axel with two Keyblades, Roxas tosses a Keyblade to Xion, Kairi glides into Sora, Sora floats down a spiraling staircase, Kairi reaches her hand out and changes into Namine. Sora and Riku fight Xemnas at the Keyblade Graveyard.

It seems like some of these past scenes have been remade in the pre-rendered style. Though it looks like they used Visual Works to make it, it’s beautiful anyways! The fusion between distortion and reality is done so well, it’s a very polished visual.

Sounds like the most epic KH mindfuck ever

duckroll

Nomura commented on the Kingdom Hearts twitter account that the long trailer for KH3D at Jump Festa which was shown at the playable demo area (as opposed to the shorter trailer at the Open Mega Theater) is 8 minutes long. He said that the trailer should be put online sometime early this week.

Nomura commented on the Kingdom Hearts twitter account that the long trailer for KH3D at Jump Festa which was shown at the playable demo area (as opposed to the shorter trailer at the Open Mega Theater) is 8 minutes long. He said that the trailer should be put online sometime early this week.

The Longer version will be put online then?

Foffy

Banned
They've stated they want one KH game per year, so it can't be any later than a year from now if they want to hold to that.

I'm guessing October 2012.

I'm assuming earlier. Outside of Birth by Sleep, which had extra content and tweaks more than usual for an international KH release, the more recent entries have had short release windows between their Japanese version and international release.

I'm assuming 3-4 months after the Japanese release, so maybe June/July.

Top Bottom